Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop (6909 Views)

This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by liladiqs14: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2015
hey guys, pls I wanna know if my Tecno H7 can be upgraded to an Andriod 5 from 4.2....pls if you know how, kindly tell me pls. Thanks in Anticipation
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2015
NO WAY
O
W
A
Y.

Get a better phone.
Seriously, most Chinese phones don't last or offer upgrades, if you want an upgrade you have to get a new phone, which is why they're so cheap in the first place.

If you want a phone that gets upgrades, get a god-tier device like: Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc. You get the point.

Also, stay away from MTK SOCs; it's closed source, so you can't even build an upgrade for your phone even if you could.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by danielgod(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Yes, by using custom rom

1 Like

Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Tomlins: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hey guys...how do i change the colour background of my status bar(the bar displaying;battery stats,network and all other notifications) on my tecno M6..just like the way its done in android lollipop
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Karmanaut:
NO WAY
O
W
A
Y.

Get a better phone.
Seriously, most Chinese phones don't last or offer upgrades, if you want an upgrade you have to get a new phone, which is why they're so cheap in the first place.

If you want a phone that gets upgrades, get a god-tier device like: Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc. You get the point.

Also, stay away from MTK SOCs; it's closed source, so you can't even build an upgrade for your phone even if you could.

U seems to have an ideal about phones. Kindly recommend a solid tab for me, d tab should have rugged battery. I initially wanted to buy tecno G9 or tecno 8H, but d reviews I m getting about tecno tabs are not encouraging. I would have waited for d coming samsung galazy tab S2, but dat tab would be expensive. My budget is 40k (quite small though). Thanks.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
Tomlins:
Hey guys...how do i change the colour background of my status bar(the bar displaying;battery stats,network and all other notifications) on my tecno M6..just like the way its done in android lollipop
If your phone is rooted,download and install the Xposed framework, then download and activate this Xposed module: Flat Style Colored Bars.
Cheers.
PS: Take a nandroid backup.
Standard Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for whatever happens to your device.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
LKO:

U seems to have an ideal about phones. Kindly recommend a solid tab for me, d tab should have rugged battery. I initially wanted to buy tecno G9 or tecno 8H, but d reviews I m getting about tecno tabs are not encouraging. I would have waited for d coming samsung galazy tab S2, but dat tab would be expensive. My budget is 40k (quite small though). Thanks.
My baby uses the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, 10.1'
www.naijatechguide.com/2014/07/samsung-galaxy-tab-4-101-specs-price.html?m=1
But it is around 50-ish thousand. It has a 6800mAh battery and lasts for long (more than 12 hrs) You might b4 able to get t cheaper.

I'll search online for good tablets that are cheaper.
Cheers.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
Karmanaut:

But it is around 50-ish thousand. It has a 6800mAh battery and lasts for long (more than 12 hrs) You might b4 able to get t cheaper.

Cheers.

I would read d specs online. Thanks. 10.1 wow, dats big shall. I would prefer 8inch at most. I want d one dat uses GSM network also.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
LKO:

I would read d specs online. Thanks. 10.1 wow, dats big shall. I would prefer 8inch at most. I want d one dat uses GSM network also.
The 10 inch is GSM.
There's an 8 inch too
www.naijatechguide.com/2014/07/samsung-galaxy-tab-4-80-specs-price.html?m=1

Another 8 inch, but is not available yet.
www.naijatechguide.com/2015/03/samsung-galaxy-tab-80-specs-price.html?m=1
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 3:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Karmanaut:

The 10 inch is GSM.
There's an 8 inch too
www.naijatechguide.com/2014/07/samsung-galaxy-tab-4-80-specs-price.html?m=1

Another 8 inch, but is not available yet.
www.naijatechguide.com/2015/03/samsung-galaxy-tab-80-specs-price.html?m=1

I have gone through them. It seems only samsung have reliable tabs and they are a bit on d high side.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2015
LKO:

I have gone through them. It seems only samsung have reliable tabs and they are a bit on d high side.
Soup wey sweet na money kill am
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2015
Karmanaut:

Soup wey sweet na money kill am

Na true jare. What's d profit if I buy a tecno tab for 35k and in less than one month d tab pack up? I would wait for d release of d new samsung galazy tab S2 next month. The specs and design are fantastic. But I hope d 8inch would not exceed 80k. Thanks
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2015
LKO:

Na true jare. What's d profit if I buy a tecno tab for 35k and in less than one month d tab pack up? I would wait for d release of d new samsung galazy tab S2 next month. The specs and design are fantastic. But I hope d 8inch would not exceed 80k. Thanks
Glad I could help.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
i have a Samsung Tab 4 for sale. New and very Affordable. send me your number if you are interested
LKO:

Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
I have the Samsung Galaxy 4 8.0'. New and Affordable for sale
Karmanaut:

Cheers.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Esemaf:
i have a Samsung Tab 4 for sale. New and very Affordable. send me your number if you are interested

What's d price and your location? What's d inch of d tab 4?
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
send me your number so i can contact you. Thank you
LKO:

What's d price and your location? What's d inch of d tab 4?
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Esemaf:
send me your number so i can contact you. Thank you

U ought to give ur price and location for me to know if I m interested and then I should be d one contacting u not d other way round.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
okay my number is 08095544066. call me and i will call you right back to give you the details
LKO:

U ought to give ur price and location for me to know if I m interested and then I should be d one contacting u not d other way round.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Esemaf:
okay my number is 08095544066. call me and i will call you right back to give you the details

Enjoy ur day, bye
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Details: it's 8'0 @ 35,000 and Brand New. Need Pictures?
LKO:

Enjoy ur day, bye
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
Esemaf:
Details: it's 8'0 @ 35,000 and Brand New. Need Pictures?

Brand new, as in u have never used it? What's is ur location? I need pix
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Yes it has never been used. Lagos
LKO:

Brand new, as in u have never used it? What's is ur location? I need pix
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by LKO(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Esemaf:
Yes it has never been used. Lagos

I would have bought it, but ur location is far from mine, I m in Warri. Thanks.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2015
I could use a Courier service if you are interested
LKO:

I would have bought it, but ur location is far from mine, I m in Warri. Thanks.
Re: Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop by Kiuhondaime: 12:46am On Aug 05, 2017
Hey guys. If you are interested in swapping your fairly used tecno l8plus for my 2months old l9 plus, buzz me. 0810 563 4596

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Bold 9790 (bold 6) Touch Screen Problems / OMG Have You Seen The New Innjoo Leap 2 / Tecno Camon C8, top Camera phones challenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.