Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

10 Ugliest Animals In The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Ugliest Animals In The World (5483 Views)

10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly / 13 Of The Worlds Ugliest Animals / Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ugliest Animals In The World by portable86(f): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
We have all see those adorable pet photos and videos that everyone shares that make us want to run out and adopt a dog or cat. While they are cute, not all animals are so adorable and cute. In fact, there are some ugly animals in this world! Whether they are slimy or just creepy, we have compiled a list of the 15 ugliest animals in the world. While they may not be the cutest of animals, we do have to remember that every animal is put on this planet for a reason. We respect that, but these animals are still scary and ugly as heck!

Chinese Crested Hairless Dog – How could I not include one of the previous winner’s of the World’s Ugliest Dog Contest? This is Miss Ellie and she happens to be a Chinese Crested Hairless Dog and she won the contest in 2009. During that same year, she was named World’s Ugliest Dog on Animal Planet as well. That poor dog is going to get a complex, but she doesn’t seem to be fazed by it!

Alligator Snapping Turtle – This is definitely one of the animals on this list that I would not want to run into while on a safari hunt. This is the Alligator Snapping Turtle and I think he could snap off my head and be fine with it! Besides having that mouth that could break me in half, it also has the three rows of spikes on top which are not very appealing either for the largest turtle in North America.

Blobfish – How can that be a fish? It looks like a cartoon character or something and definitely not an animal! The fish barely has any muscles and is very slow moving, so it sits on the bottom of the ocean and waits for it’s prey to go by them. The Blobfish was also voted as the official mascot of the Ugly Animal Preservation Society, so pretty much they voted him the ugliest animal alive. I am thinking rightfully so!

Oriental Yeti – Well, hello Mr. Creepy! This is the Oriental Yeti and no one seems to have any information on this scary little fella. The Daily Telegraph reported on it and said they were caught by hunters in the remote woodlands of China. They reported that the animal was being transported to Beijing for DNA testing to figure out what it is, but no word has ever come of those tests.

Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by defemidefemi(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
ugly indeed.
Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by jejemanito: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
What of the one in Ota farm. Can't remember the name embarassed
Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by portable86(f): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
Naked Mole Rat – I almost want to give them the benefit of the doubt and say the Naked Mole Rat is cute, but then I look at it more closely and it is just creepy. Besides being a mole and having no hair, look at those teeth! It also has the same for a jaw, which is not noticeable in this photo. They use them for digging, but don’t expect to see one any time soon. They spend most of their lives underground (good).

Yellow-Crested Cockatoo – How scary is that thing? This little cockatoo looks so creepy, but what is even creepier is that it grows up to be a beautiful bird! The yellow-crested cockatoo is just ugly and creepy as a little birdie. Give it a few months and it has long white feather and the yellow crest and is a beautiful bird. For now, that thing is so ugly that I had to include it.

Aye-Aye – What do I even say about this one? The eyes are so evil and I think I am going to get possessed if I stare into them for too long, but then I can’t look away at the same time! The Aye-Aye are from the Madagascar area and are an endangered species, since the people in the area think they are an evil omen and kill them right on the spot! We can’t blame them though because look at that thing!

Monkfish – If you see this coming your way, just get out of the water and run as fast as you can!!! The Monkfish grows to be about three feet long and has a powerful jaw with some super sharp teeth! Not that they need them though, as they are known to just swallow their prey whole. I don’t think they could swallow me whole, but I am also not going to take any chances and just avoid them at all cost!

Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Who created this animals? That one with a large nose is the most annoying.
Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by portable86(f): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
California Condor – The California Condor is part of the vulture family, which makes it scary enough of it’s own! However, look at that thing. They are the largest terrestrial bird on North America and they are also one of the oldest living birds. On average, they live to be about 60 years old, but they can live to be 80! Maybe this is one of the old ones, as their skin is looking rough.

Star-Nosed Mole – So, the star-nosed mole can’t see very well. To make up for that lack of sight, they use their star nose to navigate. It has 22 fleshy tentacles that are extremely sensitive and can even sense electricity. I wonder if it can sense me running away from it, as that thing is just creepy looking. How do you not have a nose, but fleshy tentacles instead? Seems like an odd compromise. - See more at: http://nenyville..com/2015/06/10-ugliest-animals-in-world.html#sthash.rcNGwpA8.dpuf

Can't decide between Yellow-Crested Cockatoo and the Naked Mole Rat which is worse!

Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by Emmyk(m): 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
That Oriental Yeti is the scariest of all.
Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 11, 2017
Wow! I am quite surprise my phone screen didn't crack. So much ugliness in one place.

Portable86 una try o.hope you didn't have a nightmare after posting this?

1 Like

Re: 10 Ugliest Animals In The World by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
That blobfish is scary,disgusting,freaky, ugly and and and......Pls give me adjectives!!!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Kaduna! How Ezenwata Transport Endangers Passengers / Timely and Efficient Pick-up And Delivery Services / Glo Afri Chat And Recharge Cards Beggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.