Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope (1681 Views)

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Why Assemblies Of God Church Excommunicated General Superintendent / Prophet CS Upthegroove Ordains Prophet TB Joshua Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by Rottweiler(m): 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2006
Pope Benedict XVI has excommunicated a Zambian archbishop, Emmanuel Milingo, two days after he ordained four married men as bishops.

What is happening in the church of God? Somebody give me an answer!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5381888.stm
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by MP007(m): 6:43am On Jul 08, 2007
No offence to the catholic church , You can tell a father no get his grrove on, I know they based it on apostle pauls choice but fathers of nowadays are not paul, There was this big incident in Abeokuta , I father impregnanted a polythecnic student , she said they use to it doggy style on the altar, This and many more, may the lord have mercy
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by obanikoro2(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2007
I am not a catholic but dont want the catholics to be disheartened by all that is befallen the church.

I think it is high time we focus more on Jesus Christ than on doctrines. Not just talking about Catholics but all churches worldwide.

We are loosing it and satan is happy. But too bad he cant have me because I am not controlled by doctrines neither do I put my faith in them. My hope and faith is in the Lord Jesus.He is my focus.

This is however not an excuse (for anybody) for NOT attending church services or mass. grin

Love ya kiss kiss
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by pilgrim1(f): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2007
@obanikoro2,

obanikoro2:

I think it is high time we focus more on Jesus Christ than on doctrines. Not just talking about Catholics but all churches worldwide.

But how do we focus more on Jesus Christ without paying heed to His doctrines?

John 14:15 - 'If ye love me, keep my commandments.'

John 14:23 - 'Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words. . .'

obanikoro2:

We are loosing it and satan is happy. But too bad he can't have me because I am not controlled by doctrines neither do I put my faith in them. My hope and faith is in the Lord Jesus.He is my focus.

If the doctrine of Jesus Christ does not rule your life, you're opening yourself up to the enemy's attack.
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by lafile(m): 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2007
@Obanikoro2
I want to believe you are talking about the doctrines of men.
As Pilgrim.1 pointed out, we can't do without the doctrines of Christ.
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by obanikoro2(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@obanikoro2,

But how do we focus more on Jesus Christ without paying heed to His doctrines?

John 14:15 - 'If ye love me, keep my commandments.'

John 14:23 - 'Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words. . .'

If the doctrine of Jesus Christ does not rule your life, you're opening yourself up to the enemy's attack.

No one could have misunderstood me more than u did sad

lafile:

@Obanikoro2
I want to believe you are talking about the doctrines of men.
As Pilgrim.1 pointed out, we can't do without the doctrines of Christ.

thank you for undertsanding me smiley

Now let me clear myself here. What do u think I meant when I said "we should focus more on Jesus".
Do u think it is possible to focus on God and ignore His Laws and Commands?
When u are looking at God, u are seeing everytin about Him and do u know what I learnt here?

There is no way u can be looking up and be looking down at the same time (with one eye towards the sky and the other on the ground). If u can pls let me know.

Some people are so quick to crucify others that go against CHURCH doctrines while they themselves are liars and gossippers. I dont want to start mentioning some doctrines in order not to cause any problem but we should let the word of God be our standard and not CHURCH doctrine.

I am not against doctrines but when I see that sometin is not perfect, I rather go for (and focus on) that which is perfect.

AM I UNDERSTOOD NOW?
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by pilgrim1(f): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2007
obanikoro2:

No one could have misunderstood me more than u did sad

Ok, sorry - I apologise.  sad

obanikoro2:

AM I UNDERSTOOD NOW?

Aye.  smiley
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by obanikoro2(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Ok, sorry - I apologise. sad

Aye. smiley

Accepted bro. No hard feelings and do take care kiss
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by pilgrim1(f): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2007
obanikoro2:

Accepted bro. No hard feelings and do take care kiss

Obanikoro, I'm back O! grin Okay, kidding - no shakings.

----------

Rottweiler:

Pope Benedict XVI has excommunicated a Zambian archbishop, Emmanuel Milingo, two days after he ordained four married men as bishops.

What is happening in the church of God? Somebody give me an answer!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5381888.stm

Infact, I had to wonder again and again if that archbishop's crime was his ordaining married women rather than married men. Hehe. . to order one's life according to Scripture is sure going to rattle a lot of nerves. He should realize his oath was in allegiance to the traditions of the Catholic Church, rather than to Scripture. grin
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by obanikoro2(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2007
@pilgrim.1

I think I have to apologise to u. I have been addressing u as a man and never knew u were not shocked

Hope u are not angry sha, just saw the 'f' sign to ur name and I was like 'yeee'

I am back too,was busy for sometime. Hope u are cool

Much luv kiss
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by redsun(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2007
Time is the master.Everything evolves round time.
Re: Zambian Archishop Ordains 4 Married Men As Bishop, Excommunicated By Pope by pilgrim1(f): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2007
@obanikoro,

Lol. . . no problems. You really didn't need to apologise - we all make honest mistakes. Many blessings. . . and yes, I'm cool.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

How Positive Thinking Could Destroy You / The Pyramid Scheme Attacks The Church! / Deeper Life Church And My Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.