Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet (18217 Views)

Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB / Breaking: New Group Emerges, Calls For Secession Of Niger Delta From Nigeria / "We Are Getting Weapons From Igbos": Nigerian Army. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by mensdept: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
The truth is you go to the Eastern areas and ask them. Even the British through BBC have since shown the "niger-delta" as so polluted and impoverished that life is not even worth living. This is all thanks to Awolowo, Gowon, Danjuma, the black scorpion who was a crack addict later in his life, and the Kaduna Mafia.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Truth can't be hidden forever8)
True!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by ifyan(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
I am surprised by the attitude of the Yorubas toward the Igbos because I can't understand this.

Is this a form of competition or jealousy.

Can somebody explain this for me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Isaac boro in 1966 wanted an Ijaw Republic. Isaac boro hated ibos with passion because of d way he felt he was in UNN during his campaign for SUG president which he won. Isaac boro felt the money generated in IJAW land was used to develop the current south east state in the defunt eastern region with enugu as capital.

Nigeria was a working federation then. Until a power hungry IBO man in d name of Agunyi Ironsi made Nigeria a Unitary State.

D igbo man Agunyi Ironsi fought d IJAW nation in 12 days and Jailed Isaac Boro for Treason.

It was a Northerner GOWON who gave ISAAC BORO freedom and he join d Federal army to fight BIafra.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
Isaac boro in 1966 wanted an Ijaw Republic. Isaac boro hated ibos with passion because of d way he felt when he was in UNN during his campaign for SUG president which he won mainly with d votes from non ibos. Isaac boro felt the money generated in IJAW land was used to develop the current south east state in the defunt eastern region with enugu as capital.

Nigeria was a working federation then. Until a power hungry IBO man in d name of Agunyi Ironsi made Nigeria a Unitary State.

D igbo man Agunyi Ironsi fought d IJAW nation in 12 days and Jailed Isaac Boro for Treason.

It was a Northerner GOWON who gave ISAAC BORO freedom and he join d Federal army to fight BIafra.

I am from Edo state. We rejected Biafra because when we allowed them to pass through the Midwest as ally, they started behaving as if they conqured us. That was when the benin empire started killing Biafra soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
mensdept:
The truth is you go to the Eastern areas and ask them. Even the British through BBC have since shown the "niger-delta" as so polluted and impoverished that life is not even worth living. This is all thanks to Awolowo, Gowon, Danjuma, the black scorpion who was a crack addict later in his life, and the Kaduna Mafia.

Isaac boro in 1966 wanted an Ijaw Republic. Isaac boro hated ibos
with passion because of d way he felt when he was in UNN during
his campaign for SUG president which he won mainly with d votes
from non ibos. Isaac boro felt the money generated in IJAW land
was used to develop the current south east state in the defunt
eastern region with enugu as capital.

Nigeria was a working federation then. Until a power hungry IBO
man in d name of Agunyi Ironsi made Nigeria a Unitary State.
D igbo man Agunyi Ironsi fought d IJAW nation in 12 days and
Jailed Isaac Boro for Treason.

It was a Northerner GOWON who gave ISAAC BORO freedom and
he join d Federal army to fight BIafra.
I am from Edo state. We rejected Biafra because when we allowed
them to pass through the Midwest as ally, they started behaving
as if they conqured us. That was when the benin empire started
killing Biafra soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

I think we all should allow ethnic nationalities to speak for themselves. For the record, NOBODY delievered the ND from anybody. All of us (including Yorubas) are still fighting to end marginalisation and inequality. I think we should rather see that we negotiate the structure if we want to maintain unity or we call for referendum if we are tired of each other.

Dude, tell that to the Igbos who are still suffering from psychological hangover as a result of their loss of the civil war and are taking it out on everybody via shameless blackmail. Like I said, the guy is HISTORICALLY CORRECT! There are countless documented oral testimonial evidences on record from the former Eastern Region minorities to buttress his statement.Now, would I personally say something like that on Twitter? HELL NO. Coz I don't care about all that. I'm not against Biafra, infact I pray they get Biafria, but I will not put up with cheap blackmail from their apologists who see anyone that doesn't share their position as an enemy.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
If an army plant flag on your soil, it means one thing....we are your new rulers!

Biafra planted flag on ND soil and instructed them to start learning Ibo language.

Those who removed the flag are the heroes that rescued and saved ND, otherwise your lingua franca and national anthem today will be Biafran themed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
benedictnsi:
Whatever they dumb ass hobos like, let them type cos they have fingers......

NDI IGBO SIMPLY THE BEST....

they are just being jealous. ..... Biko, umu igbo kwenu!!!
kwezuonu oooo!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
atbu1983:

Isaac boro in 1966 wanted an Ijaw Republic. Isaac boro hated ibos
with passion because of d way he felt when he was in UNN during
his campaign for SUG president which he won mainly with d votes
from non ibos. Isaac boro felt the money generated in IJAW land
was used to develop the current south east state in the defunt
eastern region with enugu as capital.

Nigeria was a working federation then. Until a power hungry IBO
man in d name of Agunyi Ironsi made Nigeria a Unitary State.
D igbo man Agunyi Ironsi fought d IJAW nation in 12 days and
Jailed Isaac Boro for Treason.

It was a Northerner GOWON who gave ISAAC BORO freedom and
he join d Federal army to fight BIafra.
I am from Edo state. We rejected Biafra because when we allowed
them to pass through the Midwest as ally, they started behaving
as if they conqured us. That was when the benin empire started
killing Biafra soldiers.
who gave you that crap history?

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by wisdomguy4u(m): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
If an army plant flag on your soil, it means one thing....we are your new rulers!

Biafra planted flag on ND soil and instructed them to start learning Ibo language.

Those who removed the flag are the heroes that rescued and saved ND, otherwise your lingua franca and national anthem today will be Biafran themed.

Ojukwu's deputy Effinog is frm Niger delta... Hope u know that ?

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Horllamideh(m): 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
EasternLion:

See this one.

Did u know what was former East Nigeria territory?

Don't be daft and ignorant at the same time.
So their being part of eastern region then automatically includes them in oju-iku's suicide mission......i see only one person manifesting what you wrote in the last part of your comment and it's U

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by cheruv: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you @OP for the mention.

First and foremost, some (majority) of Niger Deltans had the notion of Igbo dominance when the Biafran State was first declared in 1967 and all through the war period. Some of us(Niger Deltans) that never experienced the war unfortunately held to this sentiment and even defended it. At present, some of us have however realised that position was baseless and a product of propaganda. I have to state with the fear of God that the Igbos will not and cannot "dominate" any tribe within the SS and SE region. I am yet to see such plan.

Let us recall that during the struggle for the MidWest region from the Western region, some people outside the Midwest had proposed that Anioma (in president day Delta state) be ceded to the Eastern region while wthe rest of Midwest be one. The propaganda was that the Igbos will dominate the Binis and others in the New Midwest. Fortunately, the then Oba of Benin and other advocates of the Midwest region insisted that Anioma should be part of MidWest. In fact, when Midwest was created there was relative peace and brotherhood between the Igbos, the Ijaws, the Binis and other ethnic nationalities in the MidWest.

I will suggest that proponents of one Nigeria should be more concerned with solutions that will solve the issue of marginalisation and will entrench equity, instead of making comments that promotes division. We have to recognise the right of people to self-determination while we appeal to everyone to come to negotiating table. The Igbo nation is an ally and cousin to the ND- there are Igbos of ND stock.
Pls can you provide me links to the highlighted portion.. It looked like what I heard except that the AG proposed that
1]Anioma be ceded to eastern Nigeria
2]all the Edoids(Bini, Ishan, Afenma'i, Urhobo & Isoko) form a region
3]all of ijawland(both east & midwest) plus jekri land join the western region.

Moreover why did the Bini oba insist on having Anioma in the Midwest?
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
cheruv:

Pls can you provide me links to the highlighted portion.. It looked like what I heard except that the AG proposed that
1]Anioma be ceded to eastern Nigeria
2]all the Edoids(Bini, Ishan, Afenma'i, Urhobo & Isoko) form a region
3]all of ijawland(both east & midwest) plus jekri land join the western region.

Moreover why did the Bini oba insist on having Anioma in the Midwest?
@Cheruv: See here

"In response to testimony of pro-Midwest witnesses, a shadowy organization called the “Anti-Midwest State Movement” was put forward by the Action Group. It asserted that Edos had more to fear from Igbo than Yoruba domination, and that creation of a Midwest region would expose Edos to Igbo domination."
www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

@your question:
The Midwest have always seen themselves as one big family despite difference in ethnicity. For instance see what Oba Akenzua II said...

“Benin-Delta was a sovereign nation before the occupation of the country by the British.” Oba Akenzua II, Sep 28, 1953

The Midwest is and will always be a model for all of us from the SS and SE.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Akshow: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

First and foremost, some (majority) of Niger Deltans had the notion of Igbo dominance when the Biafran State was first declared in 1967 and all through the war period. Some of us(Niger Deltans) that never experienced the war unfortunately held to this sentiment and even defended it. At present, some of us have however realised that position was baseless and a product of propaganda. I have to state with the fear of God that the Igbos will not and cannot "dominate" any tribe within the SS and SE region. I am yet to see such plan.

Let us recall that during the struggle for the MidWest region from the Western region, some people outside the Midwest had proposed that Anioma (in president day Delta state) be ceded to the Eastern region while wthe rest of Midwest be one. The propaganda was that the Igbos will dominate the Binis and others in the New Midwest. Fortunately, the then Oba of Benin and other advocates of the Midwest region insisted that Anioma should be part of MidWest. In fact, when Midwest was created there was relative peace and brotherhood between the Igbos, the Ijaws, the Binis and other ethnic nationalities in the MidWest.

I will suggest that proponents of one Nigeria should be more concerned with solutions that will solve the issue of marginalisation and will entrench equity, instead of making comments that promotes division. We have to recognise the right of people to self-determination while we appeal to everyone to come to negotiating table. The Igbo nation is an ally and cousin to the ND- there are Igbos of ND stock.

U really take this ur online life so serious

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by ezeagu(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
ive learnt one thing in life, "time vindicates". if you must know, the so-call "dominace" propaganda even started decades befor the unfortunate war. the midwest were able to disregard it when they were told during the struggle for their own region.

You relish in taking a one sided version of history to buttress whatever weak point you want to make. At no time was there a violent or sustained demonstration by Mid-westerners to create a region of their own. But the Federal Government led by Zik and Balewa of the NPC/NCNC alliance went out of their way to create the region after ignoring the violent demonstration and riot by the Tivs asking for their own region and the COR states agitation for their own region was similarly suppressed. The midwest was created not to balance the federation but to weaken the AG and Zik calculated that a weakened AG will be a direct benefit for NCNC and of course they 'won' the election to control 2 regions. But it was a short lived victory as the NPC they helped to hold power soon pulled the rug from NCNC feet.

Why were the minorities in the East and North not granted similar self government as the Mid West?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Sealeddeal(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
do Niger Delta look like a saved zone? If anything,it is a curse that the North and SW brought upon Niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2015
Imokay:

You relish in taking a one sided version of history to buttress whatever weak point you want to make. At no time was there a violent or sustained demonstration by Mid-westerners to create a region of their own. But the Federal Government led by Zik and Balewa of the NPC/NCNC alliance went out of their way to create the region after ignoring the violent demonstration and riot by the Tivs asking for their own region and the COR states agitation for their own region was similarly suppressed. The midwest was created not to balance the federation but to weaken the AG and Zik calculated that a weakened AG will be a direct benefit for NCNC and of course they 'won' the election to control 2 regions. But it was a short lived victory as the NPC they helped to hold power soon pulled the rug from NCNC feet.

Why were the minorities in the East and North not granted similar self government as the Mid West?

My bros you are re-writing history. The MidWest was not "created" by the FG or the NCNC, it was created by the MidWesterners via a referendum. Bini Monarchs Oba Iweka II and Oba Akenzua II were the Chief proponent of the State. In fact, there was lots of drama. It took them years to get their region. Though COR and the Middle Belt also agitated it wasn't as strong as that of MidWest. It is on record that MidWest is the ONLY entity in Nigeria to be produced via a referendum.

See what Omo Osagie said before the Willink Commission:

“The people of the Midwest would willingly submit to the use of nuclear weapons, devastating bombs or machine guns to annihilate them, rather than remain in a self governing West.” [ West African Pilot. July 14,1957]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by dammytosh: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
The poster is irresponsible and who ever allowed the Headline is a f00l

Ogundamisi made a statement. THe f00l said YORUBA.

for how long will all these tribal bigots be senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Duru1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Biafra planted its flag on the soil of what is now known as Niger Delta and declared them its sovereingty.

Adekunle -Scorpion -, Akinrinade, swept through and chased Biafra out and uprooted the yeye flag.

If you paid kobo on the way to achieving any form of education, I suggest you request for a refund. Biafra flag flew over Eastern region of Nigeria and there was no Niger Delta as a dumbass such as you has insinuated. Niger Delta is a product of animals in the zoo called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Duru1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
Imokay:

NPC never won election in Midwestern region not even NNDP under Akintola.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by NDPVF(m): 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
EasternLion:
Hello ladies and gents.

I opened my twitter all again, as usual, only to see Ogundamisi tweeting about Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu (yet). He carry the Radio Biafra and whatever Director says, as if na oyel money talk.

So like I was saying, I clicked to see details of the tweet and responses.

All I saw was twitter handles with Yoruba names cursing and abusing Biafrans and Radio Biafra operators, hians, then some of them were spitting anger with one Dayo (Aunty mi) saying that Biafra no concern
Niger Delta, OK OK (agreed), but let them decide for themselves.
Checking out her profile, all I saw was about Biafra this, Biafra that, oil, oil, Niger Delta and so on. Hian, OK I took snapshots.
Then over to the other tweet by Ogundamisi, I saw what got me thinking, another Yoruba saying.
By his words exactly.

"@CeeNaija: @BiafranPrince_ @ogundamisi even when sharing inheritance d woman wit mor children has d largest share. Na only igbo cultur own dey difrnt."

I decided to take some snapshots too incase.

So my question is, when did South West and North save Niger Delta from Igbos? Why did they if anytime.

I want the people from Niger Delta to come answer.

Note, by virtue of my state of origin, I am also from Niger Delta.

DearPreye, New2020, atlwireless, Wombraider, NDPVF, nigerianvenom, Barcanista, Goodboiyy, kotv, 1deadlugard.

Who else did I forget?
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Can't you see Yorubas are our saviour?.

Yes na,they saved us "Niger Delta"(including all the Igbos here),from "Igbos",by massacaring over 500 young men in Asaba.

Cant you see Yorubas & their overlords,saved us,by owning over 80% oil blocs in this region.

Can't you see yorubas saved us,thats why they are the hijacked the employment in of ExxonMobil here,perharps thats why serious consultation is ongoing,on how to kick them out of here.

They saved us from Una,thats why ExxonMobils headquarter is in Lagos.

Exactly,thats why every attempt to build Ibaka port,is being destroyed with propaganda of southwest media.

Can't you see we are happy afterward,thats why people like me,and other comrades,spent our youthful age in the creeks,fighting for our people.

Is alright.Hell will visit them till eternity,let them shout Amen for these goodwill of theirs.

13 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by NDPVF(m): 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
EasternLion:
Hello ladies and gents.

I opened my twitter all again, as usual, only to see Ogundamisi tweeting about Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu (yet). He carry the Radio Biafra and whatever Director says, as if na oyel money talk.

So like I was saying, I clicked to see details of the tweet and responses.

All I saw was twitter handles with Yoruba names cursing and abusing Biafrans and Radio Biafra operators, hians, then some of them were spitting anger with one Dayo (Aunty mi) saying that Biafra no concern
Niger Delta, OK OK (agreed), but let them decide for themselves.
Checking out her profile, all I saw was about Biafra this, Biafra that, oil, oil, Niger Delta and so on. Hian, OK I took snapshots.
Then over to the other tweet by Ogundamisi, I saw what got me thinking, another Yoruba saying.
By his words exactly.

"@CeeNaija: @BiafranPrince_ @ogundamisi even when sharing inheritance d woman wit mor children has d largest share. Na only igbo cultur own dey difrnt."

I decided to take some snapshots too incase.

So my question is, when did South West and North save Niger Delta from Igbos? Why did they if anytime.

I want the people from Niger Delta to come answer.

Note, by virtue of my state of origin, I am also from Niger Delta.

DearPreye, New2020, atlwireless, Wombraider, NDPVF, nigerianvenom, Barcanista, Goodboiyy, kotv, 1deadlugard.

Who else did I forget?
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yes na,they saved us "Niger Delta"(including all the Igbos here),from "Igbos",by massacaring over 500 young men in Asaba.

Cant you see Yorubas & their overlords,saved us,by owning over 80% oil blocs in this region.

Can't you see yorubas saved us,thats why they are the hijacked the employment in of ExxonMobil here,perharps thats why serious consultation is ongoing,on how to kick them out of here.

Exactly,thats why every attempt to build Ibaka port,is being destroyed with propaganda of southwest media.

Can't you see we are happy afterward,thats why people like me,and other comrades,spent our youthful age in the creeks,fighting for our people.

Is alright.Hell will visit them till eternity,let them shout Amen for these goodwill of theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by blaqoracle: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

continue to dream. biafran is as dead as ojukwu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by DPCreampie: 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
Yorubas are just so obsessed with Biafra. There is nothing like Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by DPCreampie: 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
NDPVF:
.hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yorubas are slimy snakes. You can tell that they are so scared about the prospects of being left with the Awusa Fulani in the Zoological republic when Biafra comes.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by DPCreampie: 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
Sealeddeal:
do Niger Delta look like a saved zone? If anything,it is a curse that the North and SW brought upon Niger delta.

Yorubas do not produce anything, They are relying on the wealth from Biafra.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by EasternLion: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
blaqoracle:
continue to dream. biafran is as dead as ojukwu

We don hear.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by cheruv: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Imokay:

I've read the link barcanista posted and its quite shameful that Yolobas oppressed the nonOdua ethnicities of Western Nigeria... no wonder they wanted out at all costs cheesy
My only grudge is after the Midwest was created, there'd ve been an exchange of populations...
The Western Igbo divisions of asaba & aboh of the Midwest exchanged for the Eastern ijaw divisions of brass & degema.That way all Igbos would be in the East while all the ijaws would be in the Midwest. This would've prevented the adaka boro fiasco.
The Eastern regional leadership though developmental in outlook wasn't perspicacious and that cost us a lot!

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Captainswag225(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
its the total truth, biafra would have colonized niger delta by now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bribery Allegation: Presidency Defends Abba Kyari / Women Now Give Their Daughters To Bandits For Money - Kaduna Commissioner Hafsat / Things that can only be done in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.