Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet (18232 Views)

Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB / Breaking: New Group Emerges, Calls For Secession Of Niger Delta From Nigeria / "We Are Getting Weapons From Igbos": Nigerian Army. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by naijaking1: 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:

Akuko. You are a typical iboman; so full of shyt for sale. So according to you, Ironsi an igboman was a saint and justified for crushing Boro's secessionist ambition, while Nigeria/Gowon are demons for crushing Biafra? Clap for yourself. Unfortunately for you, I get radar wey fit smell bullshyt from miles away, and you Mr., are full of stinking shyt,

Did you hear what I said? Boro didn't have the majority of Ijaws with him at that time!

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by naijaking1: 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, I have been fair and I maintain a position which u believe is fair. The SE and SS have faced a lot, the Igbos have lost a lot-lives and properties. Also add the present structure that we run in this country, plus the marginalisation going on. My brother, people are angry- Very angry. If people out of anger and frustration say they want out because they see no future in Nigeria, the proponents of united Nigeria should be more concerned with getting these people to the table. In this country we always apply "fire-4-fire". Everyone with hardline position. People using the past to create problems for the present and future. I love it when people speak their minds. Whoever wants out should speak up, whoever is dissatisfied should pour out, but we all should be careful. Let us respect the right of everyone-whether Biafra or O'dua republics agitators at the same time let us seek for solution whether by negotiation or by referendum.

Thanks again.
The irony of Nigeria is that those who shout and fight for ONE NIGERIA are the same people clamoring for Igbos to leave Lagos.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, I have been fair and I maintain a position which u believe is fair. The SE and SS have faced a lot, the Igbos have lost a lot-lives and properties. Also add the present structure that we run in this country, plus the marginalisation going on. My brother, people are angry- Very angry. If people out of anger and frustration say they want out because they see no future in Nigeria, the proponents of united Nigeria should be more concerned with getting these people to the table. In this country we always apply "fire-4-fire". Everyone with hardline position. People using the past to create problems for the present and future. I love it when people speak their minds. Whoever wants out should speak up, whoever is dissatisfied should pour out, but we all should be careful. Let us respect the right of everyone-whether Biafra or O'dua republics agitators at the same time let us seek for solution whether by negotiation or by referendum.

Is there any Ibo or Ijaw of consequence asking for secession or just some faceless rabble rouses. Who and who will be called to a table, unknown monikers posting on Nairaland or the amateur radio operators hiding in another country?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Meanwhile Barcanista i see you have cleverly avoided the response to your false accusation of re-writing history
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lol I never said the MidWest applied violence, I said they were more serious. They were strategic and followed up despite resistance from AG (I don't blame AG though). The MidWest formed Think-tanks and their politicians saw it as priority. They were given Ministry of MidWest by the Western Government and a Commission yet they maintained their struggle. Ofcourse I commeng the AG led Western Region for towing the path of civility. Bro, the MidWest needed it more (by action) that's why they got theirs.
Imokay:

[url]https://books.google.ae/books?id=Zu5GpDby9H0C&pg=PA1905&lpg=PA1905&dq=tiv+riots+tarka&source=bl&ots=INScs6hA-J&sig=zeP8Mqw3ME_0zhV9O841m6PoCmA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CEAQ6AEwBmoVChMIjL3L6aP3xgIVARMUCh2fOwC4#v=onepage&q=tiv%20riots%20tarka&f=false[/url]

Read the above book extract to know the Tivi have requested for their own government from colonial authorities since 1940 and rioted in demand. There were riots for the same reason in 1960 and 1964. These riots were violently quelled using the Army and is one of the reasons Nzeogwu marked some military leaders for death because they were seen to be doing politician's dirty job.

Oga Barca please present the link to where anything of that scale happened in the Midwest zone during their agitation for a region, then we can quickly see who is subtly trying to re-write history.

So the midwest people on their own organised the plebiscite to decide or the FG supported it for it to be a reality. Why did the FG led by Zik/Balewa agree to the plebiscite but met the Tiv request with soldiers and death?
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by AshiwajuFoward: 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:

Ok. Now personally I have no problem with Biafra agitation. If it was up to me (and I am sure a lot of other Yorubas share this stance), I would grant the Biafrans their country today today. But reality is that it's not up to me nor any other Yorubaman for that matter to grant them this wish.

Presently, the whole Biafra agitation project is being driven by miscreants who lack diplomacy and tact in their approach. They miscalculate that they can achieve their aim via blackmailing the Yoruba race into supporting their cause by guilt-tripping us over past perceived injustices perpetrated against them. Fact is, the Yorubaman does not and probably will never see the last civil war from the same vantage point as the igbos -- that is a given, just the same way the Germans teach a different version of WW2 than the British. It's just what it is. But I will not sit here and put up with igbo hypocrisy over the whole Biafra issue and have them talk crap about us out of spite.Am all for peace, equity, justice and all that good stuff, but not via igbo bullying and intimidation.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by NDPVF(m): 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Akshow:

U really take this ur online life so serious
Because he is deflating age long lies,and hence the question,isn't it?
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
naijaking1:

Thanks again.
The irony of Nigeria is that those who shout and fight for ONE NIGERIA are the same people clamoring for Igbos to leave Lagos.
A time came when I sat down to ask myself why nothing seem to be working. The problem lies with our structure and our ways of addressing issues. Every Nigerian should have the right to live anywhere as long as he is peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Ojukwu's deputy Effinog is frm Niger delta... Hope u know that ?

How does that change the fact Biafra planted flag on their soil?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
Lol I never said the MidWest applied violence, I said they were more serious. They were strategic and followed up despite resistance from AG (I don't blame AG though). The MidWest formed Think-tanks and their politicians saw it as priority. They were given Ministry of MidWest by the Western Government and a Commission yet they maintained their struggle. Ofcourse I commeng the AG led Western Region for towing the path of civility. Bro, the MidWest needed it more (by action) that's why they got theirs.

And you think if NPC/NCNC was in power in the Western region, Midwest creation would have seen the light of the day judging by the way their own minorities were treated?
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by naijaking1: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2015
Imokay:

[url]https://books.google.ae/books?id=Zu5GpDby9H0C&pg=PA1905&lpg=PA1905&dq=tiv+riots+tarka&source=bl&ots=INScs6hA-J&sig=zeP8Mqw3ME_0zhV9O841m6PoCmA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CEAQ6AEwBmoVChMIjL3L6aP3xgIVARMUCh2fOwC4#v=onepage&q=tiv%20riots%20tarka&f=false[/url]

Read the above book extract to know the Tivi have requested for their own government from colonial authorities since 1940 and rioted in demand. There were riots for the same reason in 1960 and 1964. These riots were violently quelled using the Army and is one of the reasons Nzeogwu marked some military leaders for death because they were seen to be doing politician's dirty job.

Oga Barca please present the link to where anything of that scale happened in the Midwest zone during their agitation for a region, then we can quickly see who is subtly trying to re-write history.

So the midwest people on their own organised the plebiscite to decide or the FG supported it for it to be a reality. Why did the FG led by Zik/Balewa agree to the plebiscite but met the Tiv request with soldiers and death?

Midwestern plebiscite was thorough, even though it robbed some people the wrong way. So was Southern Nigeria and Cameroon plebiscite that enabled some people to be in Nigeria while other remained in Cameroon.

You have to understand the difference between a well planned, thought out, and documented vote to remain or not to remain in a particular geopolitical entity from a spontaneous and violent agitation for separation.

Every aggrieved politician would use the same mantra "my people are marginalized" to either get a position or acquire benefits for his family, but until you make time to conduct a legal and binding vote to ask ALL members of that group which way they want to go, you probably wouldn't have a true representation.

Tiv riots and agitations had not yet reached the organized and peaceful separation of midwest from western Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Macelliot(m): 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2015
Speechless.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by naijaking1: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
A time came when I sat down to ask myself why nothing seem to be working. The problem lies with our structure and our ways of addressing issues. Every Nigerian should have the right to live anywhere as long as he is peaceful.

Unfortunately, the powerful people in Nigeria who advocate ONE NIGERIA on Monday, and then their own tribes on Fridays are the real problems. Message consistency would be nice and progressive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
naijaking1:

Midwestern plebiscite was thorough, even though it robbed some people the wrong way. So was Southern Nigeria and Cameroon plebiscite that enabled some people to be in Nigeria while other remained in Cameroon.

You have to understand the difference between a well planned, thought out, and documented vote to remain or not to remain in a particular geopolitical entity from a spontaneous and violent agitation for separation.

Every aggrieved politician would use the same mantra "my people are marginalized" to either get a position or acquire benefits for his family, but until you make time to conduct a legal and binding vote to ask ALL members of that group which way they want to go, you probably wouldn't have a true representation.

Tiv riots and agitations had not yet reached the organized and peaceful separation of midwest from western Nigeria.

Oh really and the peace loving NPC led government never for once considered referendum to solve the Tiv problem by sending soldiers to intimidate and kill them but was very eager to grant same to a less obvious request in the West where it's main opposition is coming from, very convenient.

The Cameroon plebiscite was organised by the United Nations not the Federal government of Nigeria and makes all the difference.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by atlwireles: 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
THE CREATION OF MIDWEST STATE

After more than two decades of selfless struggles by the representatives of the peoples of the region, the Midwest State was created on August 9, 1963. The creation of the Midwest State is significant for the following reasons:

It was the first state to be created in Nigeria.

It remains the only Nigerian state to be created by constitutional means, and not by a military fiat.

Its creation facilitated a stronger voice for the articulation of minority rights in Nigerian Politics.

But the journey to August 9, 1963 was not an easy one. We. Midwesterners, must remain eternally grateful to those who fought for the creation of the state. Prominent among those was the Oba of Benin, Akenzua II, without whose personal intervention and guidance the state may not have been created in 1963. The others whose names must be recognized were Dennis Osadebay, Jereton Marierie, and James Otobo. It is instructive to note that Otobo was the only prominent member of the Action Group (AG) from the region who fought publicly for the creation of the Midwest State. As we celebrate the 33rd anniversary of the Midwest State, I am sad to declare that we have not done anything to immortalize the lives of those four freedom fighters.

http://www.dawodu.net/igho.htm
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by illiad: 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hmm
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by atlwireles: 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
Imokay:

Oh really and the peace loving NPC led government never for once considered referendum to solve the Tiv problem by sending soldiers to intimidate and kill them but was very eager to grant same to a less obvious request in the West where it's main opposition is coming from, very convenient.

The Cameroon plebiscite was organised by the United Nations not the Federal government of Nigeria and makes all the difference.

You did not have the power, you people would have done worse.. Please tell us how midwesterners were treated, a day after the referendum?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by naijaking1: 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
Imokay:

Oh really and the peace loving NPC led government never for once considered referendum to solve the Tiv problem by sending soldiers to intimidate and kill them but was very eager to grant same to a less obvious request in the West where it's main opposition is coming from, very convinient.

I think you get the point.
Plebiscites are peaceful, well organized, and usually binding. You can't say that for a race riot. Though race riots may one day lead to plebiscite as in South Sudan. I think Tivs, Idomas, Ijaws, or whatever ethnic minority would have had an opportunity for a plebiscite had it not been for the abrupt termination of governemnts
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 12:00am On Jul 26, 2015
naijaking1:

There is no insinuation that the agitation or actual referendum was rigged or stolen, the issue is the motive for FG support while suppressing similar agitation in the domain of the ruling parties. The Tiv had demanded self government since 1940 and never got until civil war became imminent to get their support. Same was also a major swing in Eastern minorities calculations. They may come here to whine that they made a mistake, but state creation was the master stroke, just that as usual they failed to read the fine prints of what they got.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 12:01am On Jul 26, 2015
atlwireles:

You did not have the power, you people would have done worse.. Please tell us how midwesterners were treated, a day after the referendum?

Tell us i was not there grin
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by atlwireles: 12:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Imokay:

Tell us i was not there grin

But you know about the NPC undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Imokay: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2015
naijaking1:

I think you get the point.
Plebiscites are peaceful, well organized, and usually binding. You can't say that for a race riot. Though race riots may one day lead to plebiscite as in South Sudan. I think Tivs, Idomas, Ijaws, or whatever ethnic minority would have had an opportunity for a plebiscite had it not been for the abrupt termination of governemnts

Such agitations don't usually start from day one with violence, it only happens when the powers willfully ignore or attempt to suppress such demands. I doubt they would have gotten anything in a long time with the posture of Sardauna who saw himself as completing the conquest of the caliphate.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:13am On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
@Cheruv: See here

"In response to testimony of pro-Midwest witnesses, a shadowy organization called the “Anti-Midwest State Movement” was put forward by the Action Group. It asserted that Edos had more to fear from Igbo than Yoruba domination, and that creation of a Midwest region would expose Edos to Igbo domination."
www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

@your question:
The Midwest have always seen themselves as one big family despite difference in ethnicity. For instance see what Oba Akenzua II said...

“Benin-Delta was a sovereign nation before the occupation of the country by the British.” Oba Akenzua II, Sep 28, 1953

The Midwest is and will always be a model for all of us from the SS and SE.

Barcanista,
you misapplied the Oba's statement from 1953. There was nothing called Midwest or Delta in 1953.

You can accurately reference Bini as a model for SS and SE but do not apply the Oba's statement for testimony on the Midwest/Delta politics.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Duru1:

If you paid kobo on the way to achieving any form of education, I suggest you request for a refund. Biafra flag flew over Eastern region of Nigeria and there was no Niger Delta as a dumbass such as you has insinuated. Niger Delta is a product of animals in the zoo called Nigeria.

You like to test the decibel of your noise, if not for anything sensible other than to reassure yourself that your rustic horn still has some toot left in it.

On 5th May 67 Gowon created out of Eastern Region a non-Ibo territory carved into two states - Rivers State and South Eastern State. He left East Central State to the Ibos.

Ojukwu marched out in War on 30th May 67....twenty five days after the dissolution of Eastern region. He first planted flag in Port Harcourt, another in Calabar and a third one in Benin.

The states today that make up Niger Delta are exactly these same three territories -
Rivers - Rivers, Bayelsa
South Eastern State - Akwa Ibom, Cross River
Midwest - Edo, Delta.

which part of the claim is confusing to you?

Are you satisfied with the muffled decibel of your horn, or you would like to bleat again? grin
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by after1: 12:34am On Jul 26, 2015
NDPVF:
Can't you see they saved us from Igbos,thats why they voted Jonathan,because Osibande(In Buhari's voice),is Igbo,and hence,thats why Igbos voted Buhari/Osibande ticket enmass.

They saved us from Igbos,thats why they hunted & hounded Gej out of office,with the tag of "Fish-brain","Ogogoro-drinker",etc,able lead and champoined by them.

Why am i annoyed?.

If a whole president from this region(a riverine man,like you,and i),was tagged with such a demeaning name,what makes you think we worths more than that,before the eyes of those bastards whose stock in trade is propagation of falsehood?.SHAME ON THEM.

Post like this is part of the reason i curse the afenifere group, fayose,obanikoro,ooni of Ife and other prominient Yorubas that stood by GEJ cos you people wont stop insulting them indirectly. I hope firefire can also see why i fight him daily cos they will always denigrate his tribe even after all his support for GEJ. Smh
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by after1: 12:40am On Jul 26, 2015
naijaking1:

Unfortunately, the powerful people in Nigeria who advocate ONE NIGERIA on Monday, and then their own tribes on Fridays are the real problems. Message consistency would be nice and progressive.

You are your own problem. Continue blaming others for your failures, I dont know how your so called enemies are holding you from forming biafra. The last time i checked, you guys are the one trooping to other region daily yet you accusing them of holding you. GEJ was the President for 5years with many Igbos in top position that can make biafra very easy but you Igbos couldnt use that opportunity to get your biafra but still blaming other region for your woes. Continue with your online rants...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by illiad: 12:40am On Jul 26, 2015
NDPVF:
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Can't you see Yorubas are our saviour?.

Yes na,they saved us "Niger Delta"(including all the Igbos here),from "Igbos",by massacaring over 500 young men in Asaba.

Cant you see Yorubas & their overlords,saved us,by owning over 80% oil blocs in this region.

Can't you see yorubas saved us,thats why they are the hijacked the employment in of ExxonMobil here,perharps thats why serious consultation is ongoing,on how to kick them out of here.

They saved us from Una,thats why ExxonMobils headquarter is in Lagos.

Exactly,thats why every attempt to build Ibaka port,is being destroyed with propaganda of southwest media.

Can't you see we are happy afterward,thats why people like me,and other comrades,spent our youthful age in the creeks,fighting for our people.

Is alright.Hell will visit them till eternity,let them shout Amen for these goodwill of theirs.

Why I don't blame yorubas and hausas?

Because they bought SS/ND in WHOLESALES in 1967

Who are yorubas and who are abokys if only the SS/ND people were able to know what they know now back then, if only they were able to see how far into future Ojukwu saw back then?

No p.

One day monkey go go market and will not return.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by NDPVF(m): 12:44am On Jul 26, 2015
[s]
after1:

Post like this is part of the reason i curse the afenifere group, fayose,obanikoro,ooni of Ife and other prominient Yorubas that stood by GEJ cos you people wont stop insulting them indirectly. I hope firefire can also see why i fight him daily cos they will always denigrate his tribe even after all his support for GEJ. Smh
[/s]Th,under fire you lep,rose son of b@st@rd.
When you sum up others,and insult them,without recourse to their individual opinions/dispositions,you then would want me to do justice to yours isn't it?.
Hey,kill ya sef.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by 7lives: 1:03am On Jul 26, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Biafra planted its flag on the soil of what is now known as Niger Delta and declared them its sovereingty.

Adekunle -Scorpion -, Akinrinade, swept through and chased Biafra out and uprooted the yeye flag.

Na so we hear am o, e for be like China invade Tibet, no be small thing o.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by 7lives: 1:05am On Jul 26, 2015
atbu1983:
Isaac boro in 1966 wanted an Ijaw Republic. Isaac boro hated ibos with passion because of d way he felt he was in UNN during his campaign for SUG president which he won. Isaac boro felt the money generated in IJAW land was used to develop the current south east state in the defunt eastern region with enugu as capital.

Nigeria was a working federation then. Until a power hungry IBO man in d name of Agunyi Ironsi made Nigeria a Unitary State.

D igbo man Agunyi Ironsi fought d IJAW nation in 12 days and Jailed Isaac Boro for Treason.

It was a Northerner GOWON who gave ISAAC BORO freedom and he join d Federal army to fight BIafra.

Yeepa, no be today dem wikedness start self.
Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by Atlantian: 1:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Why dont we forget about the mischief of the past and try to realize Biafra or whatever name we will call it on the understandings of today ? Yesterday I watched a documentary on a country called Turkmenistan. Their population is less than 6 million. Yet the money they make from natural gas is beyond what Nigeria makes from oil. Yet they are a country. I have never seen such a beautiful country in my travels, more beautiful than most places in the US.

Nigeria is too big and mismanaged to ever function because of the underlying fault lines in her structural organization. I want to repeat it, Nigeria will NEVER work the way it is constituted and the NORTH will never want to secede because they are not resourceful. A few tomatoes here and there, cattle here and there, cant help them. And the SW are more intimidated by Igbos and their cunning smart business acumen. Yorubas dont hate igbos, they are just intimidated.

I am a Niger Deltan, and no matter how much rift the SW plans to create to separate us from the Biafran ideals, it will NOT work, because we are all suffering from the same marginalization and parasitism. What unites us is more than what separates us.

If Yorubas want accelerated growth, the best thing is to align with Biafran/ND enclave so we can push further for de-amalgamation, ofcourse the treaty has expired and no one is talking about a referendum.

Igbos of today are different from the igbos of yesterday, we can work with them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Say SW And North Saved N/delta From Igbos - Tweet by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:19am On Jul 26, 2015
Atlantian:
Why dont we forget about the mischief of the past and try to realize Biafra or whatever name we will call it on the understandings of today ? Yesterday I watched a documentary on a country called Turkmenistan. Their population is less than 6 million. Yet the money they make from natural gas is beyond what Nigeria makes from oil. Yet they are a country. I have never seen such a beautiful country in my travels, more beautiful than most places in the US.

Nigeria is too big and mismanaged to ever function because of the underlying fault lines in her structural organization. I want to repeat it, Nigeria will NEVER work the way it is constituted and the NORTH will never want to secede because they are not resourceful. A few tomatoes here and there, cattle here and there, cant help them. And the SW are more intimidated by Igbos and their cunning smart business acumen. Yorubas dont hate igbos, they are just intimidated.

I am a Niger Deltan, and no matter how much rift the SW plans to create to separate us from the Biafran ideals, it will NOT work, because we are all suffering from the same marginalization and parasitism. What unites us is more than what separates us.

If Yorubas want accelerated growth, the best thing is to align with Biafran/ND enclave so we can push further for de-amalgamation, ofcourse the treaty has expired and no one is talking about a referendum.

Igbos of today are different from the igbos of yesterday, we can work with them.

The claims you make here is why the rest of the country see you all as jokers in that Eastern part of this country.

Every aspect of interexchange and relations is viewed from the perspective of physical prowess. This is inferred in your statement about intimidation.

What is it in your historical past, your current realities or your future aspirations that surpasses Yorubas?

Please list them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dambazau Name Missing From List Of Officers For Further Investigation -SR / Protest In Jigawa Over 'Harassment Of Sule Lamido By Jigawa State Governor(pics) / Kwankwaso Receives Pdp Membership Card From Kano Pdp(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.