Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? (3343 Views)

"Your Husband Has Been Having Sex With Me" - 13-Year-Old Maid Tells Her Madam / Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / Woman Slaps Husband At LUTH Car Park Over Unclad Photo On His Phone (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by cococandy(f): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
shaybebaby:

Lol coco. Only one brother so not enough to go round but lots of eligible hot friends wey sabi cook too.

You don't say cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2015

How come there's always a war on this section? From discussing about supportive men to cussing each other out? This one even has nothing to do with feminism so why the vitriols?

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Efesuave: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
itzmeagain:
shaybebaby iz a
babymama 2 dat whiteman
she kipz uploading on
ha dp

of all nairalanderz shez d
Onli one wu deems it necessary
2 upload intimate pics of
ha relationship.
why? because she iz
insecure! she desperately wantz
2 prove 2 me dat shez still wit
diz man lipsrsealed

but d fool doesnt
realise shez a fool for showing
off A MAN WHO REFUSES TO
PUT A RING ON HER FINGER EVEN
AFTER SHE GAVE HIM A SON cry

shocked shocked
nawa!
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by mitchelle1989(f): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
Only school fees? undecided unless you earn much more than he earns. Who will pay the rent, feeding money etc. Some men shaa.
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by ArchEnemy(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2015
keppyy:
My Dad was never supportive with house chores growing up except cooking...

And when he is done cooking, you'll think tornado hit our kitchen...My mum will chase him out of the kitchen seffff but he loves cooking...

Anyway years later, he changed...I really don't know how he changed or why...

No home is perfect, this might be the cross for her to bear...every home has a cross...
funny @tornado hitting your kitchen
Nice post overall
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by ArchEnemy(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2015
zeb04:
some people think being the man of the house is just having a pen.is
smiley
Sledge hammer
You r not incorrect though
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by EfemenaXY: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Fixation:
I was with a lady friend of mine yesterday evening, and she was complaining bitterly concerning her husband ..

According to her she said once the man brings money for childrens school fees that's all.. He don't bring any other money either for food, rent or other miscellaneous expenses and he don't even help at home.
She works in an insurance firm,after work,she will be the one to come home,cook,clean,take care of the kids and all that.. The husband does nothing more than coming home and going straight to bed.. They both work 9-5.. Sometimes she leave the office earlier rushing home just to attend to the kids.. She has also tried to get a house help in which the man refused.. She's getting tired of the whole work since its becoming too much for her..

Now let's hear your own experience married women.. How supportive is your husband at home and how do you manage it if he's not..

So if they both work 9-5, who looks after the kids while both parents are away? undecided
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Stillfire: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
It's how the men were brought up...to see house chores as an anathema to their existence. grin
Train your sons differently, so that the next generation of females can enjoy. cool
I don't know how anyone would be comfortable seeing their spouse taking on so much responsibilities and be okay with it. shocked That person is a witch.

9 Likes

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by shaybebaby(f): 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
Stillfire:
It's how the men were brought up...to see house chores as an anathema to their existence. grin
Train your sons differently, so that the next generation of females can enjoy. cool
I don't know how anyone would be comfortable seeing their spouse taking on so much responsibilities and be okay with it. shocked That person is a witch.
I don't even see the big deal if the guy has to share in the chores. Surely it is common sense that if two divide the tasks, the job will be done much quicker leaving more time to enjoy each other's company without feeling tired. Or even one party feeling resentful because it seems they bear the burden alone.
My bae, often when I bathe the baby and get him ready for bed will be cooking dinner for both of us if he is home from work.
Baby in bed, I come back downstairs to a nice meal and a drink. We both wash up together and chill for the evening together.

8 Likes

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fixation:
I was with a lady friend of mine yesterday evening, and she was complaining bitterly concerning her husband ..

According to her she said once the man brings money for childrens school fees that's all.. He don't bring any other money either for food, rent or other miscellaneous expenses and he don't even help at home.
She works in an insurance firm,after work,she will be the one to come home,cook,clean,take care of the kids and all that.. The husband does nothing more than coming home and going straight to bed.. They both work 9-5.. Sometimes she leave the office earlier rushing home just to attend to the kids.. She has also tried to get a house help in which the man refused.. She's getting tired of the whole work since its becoming too much for her..

Now let's hear your own experience married women.. How supportive is your husband at home and how do you manage it if he's not..

Can he afford these things?
You said he earns a lot more than the wife
How much cash does he have after paying the school fees.
Are they living within his means?
Thats one aspect

Now to the chores, what kind of man is he really?
Some men dont change
its the girlfriends and the wives who try to change them and then get frustrated when they dont change.
What was his mindset towards chores from the get go? How was he brought up?
Some boys were brought up not doing anything.
I had to tell a relatives wife off when she insisted that her 10 year old daughter must stand in the kitchen with her whilst her 16 year old son was watching tv in the living room.
What is the point of that? Who will be more helpful in the kitchen the 16 year old or the 16 year old?
When will the 16 year old learn to cook? when he is 25?

common sense dictates that when you see your wife struggling, you pick up some things to ease the burden afterall they are your children too and its your home too.. .but how common is sense?

2 Likes

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
ArchEnemy:
funny @tornado hitting your kitchen
Nice post overall

Sooo true...
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Chidoks(f): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fixation:
According to her.. She has tried every means to ask him to atleast be helping her in home works.. She used seductive styles,normal bedroom talk and fight sef, the man kept saying all that are ladies duty..the duty of a wife and all dat..

my pain is that the man is not fully taking financial responsibility of the home.school fees alone ? no they should rearrange with the man shouldering most of the financial responsibilities mbok
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Chidoks(f): 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
lofty900:
do u know how hard it is to bring money home, these women no dey pity person oooo cheesy

did you read the story? the woman shoulders more financial responsibilities
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Chidoks(f): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fixation:
This woman works too! Infact her salary is a little bigger than the husband sef, so she is d one taking care of rent,food,cloths,nepa and the rest outside from the kids skul fees

nna eee is this kind of man real?
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Chidoks(f): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
mine only sweeps when he's in the spirit which is once in a blue moon.the guy sabi sweep sha.he has never cooked in my prescence.not even to boil water.if i pack stew and soup when he's travelling he calls with the wonderful testimony of how he threw them away becsuse they got bad.if i travell, he eats out and wouldn't touch my kitchen.the only time he did dishes was when we had a fight over the phone ( i travelled) i came back to meet him in the kitchen washing ! omo na so i start to dey apologise o because the thing pain am o..
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by KanwuliaJara: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Has he supported himself first? undecided
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Ewuro4: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
shaybebaby:

Sister Dawn , e ku isinmi ooni o.

Dawn bawo grin another christening was held in my absence? cheesy

Sup jare, isimi ni jare. How are you and fam? smiley

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by marbee(f): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Tell you friend to ask her husband to choose either he his supportive or she get someone to help her in the house.

If he cannot choose, she should employ someone to be helping her, unless she is trying to be a robot. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by BlongTrendies(f): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:

So if they both work 9-5, who looks after the kids while both parents are away? undecided

Most times they might be at school or creche. I have a relative whose children stay in school 6am-7pm since they are one year old. Her first two are 8 years and 6 years old. They still go to still creche undecided
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by EfemenaXY: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
BlongTrendies:

Most times they might be at school or creche. I have a relative whose children stay in school 6am-7pm since they are one year old. Her first two are 8 years and 6 years old. They still go to still creche undecided

And does this cover the school holiday periods too?
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
ArchEnemy:

Do you know how hard it is to combine your job with chores and care of children too?
funny guy
Re: How Supportive Is Your Husband At Home? by KBARBIE(f): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
Most men believe the home is for the woman only, they believe only the woman builds the home. They don't believe it takes the two spouses to make the home work, they go by the saying "obirin loni ile" that is, the woman owns the home, so the woman should be the one to do everything to keep the home together and thiers is just to go to work. So the woman works out hersef trying to make the home work and getting exhausted and sometimes the man may not appreciate the effort . So I ask, should the home /marriage really be for the woman only to keep or should it be a joint effort of both spouses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet My Cute Darling(photos) / Why Do We Marry? / SOLD....Brand New Baby High Chair For Sale @ 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.