Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. (1686 Views)

Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil / Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes / Enter Here For Recipes On How To Bake Cakes And Prepare Other Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 6:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
I have been away from my bae for three weeks and he will be over for a week. I hate cooking but I've taken up the challenge to cook dinner for the 7 nights we will be together. So resident foodsters, your suggested recipes will be of immense help. Anything that can be cooked without dried fish.. Bae na oyinbo that is curious about African/ Nigerian dishes.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by sseunth(m): 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cook idika ikong soup for any with any swallow food.....
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
sseunth:
Cook idika ikong soup for any with any swallow food.....
Thank you. Any recipes for edits ikong? That is a cool suggestion. I schooled briefly in akwa ibom and that was the bomb back in the days.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by sseunth(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
shaybebaby:

Thank you. Any recipes for edits ikong? That is a cool suggestion. I schooled briefly in akwa ibom and that was the bomb back in the days.
I don't know...google it out
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 8:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
sseunth:
I don't know...google it out
Ta, looked it up on YouTube. Found loads of other recipes there as well. Might post pics of my attempts. Xx
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by sseunth(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
shaybebaby:

Ta, looked it up on YouTube. Found loads of other recipes there as well. Might post pics of my attempts. Xx
stock fish, intestines, meat, sliced onions, grated paper, water leaf, ugwu, ponmo, grated crAyfish

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Ewuro4: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
Dang it I made a non spicy stew last night. You can't feed Oyinbo spicy meal abeg.

I sliced Tomatoes, Red bell peppers, onions, galic/ginger, add some water and cook till tender but still dante (little crunch to it) , add ground crayfish, bullion cube & cumin. After water evaporates, add a bit of olive/canola oil. Add your meats/seafood of choice. (I used chicken gizzards ,beef kidney and squid all cubed). Serve with any carb of choice ( I used long grain parboiled rice and wild rice) and with boli (baked plantain on side)

Jezz it was tha bomb.

Will be back with more ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ewuro4:
Dang it I made a non spicy stew last night. You can't feed Oyinbo spicy meal abeg.

I sliced Tomatoes, Red bell peppers, onions, galic/ginger, add some water and cook till tender but still dante (little crunch to it) , add ground crayfish, bullion cube & cumin. After water evaporates, add a bit of olive/canola oil. Add your meats/seafood of choice. (I used chicken gizzards ,beef kidney and squid all cubed). Serve with any carb of choice ( I used long grain parboiled rice and wild rice) and with boli (baked plantain on side)

Jezz it was tha bomb.

Will be back with more ideas.
Sounds like the shizzle. That's second night covered. Will have to do it without the crayfish.. Oyinbos don't get out love for dried fish... Complain about the smell.
I'll try with seafood and the boli idea is great. Haven't had that in aaaaaages. Sounds like a lovely recipe. Will give feedback once he has tried it.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Ewuro4: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
I slow cooked Ewa oloyin (brown beans) with 2 sliced onion bulbs on low heat for 4 hrs till very soft.

Stew: pepper mixture (bell peppers, onion, galic, tomatoes) blend. Cook on high heat till reduced, add fresh shrimp & crab meat (or seafood of choice) and oil (I used Palm oil). Cool till it appears deep fried and mucky.

Serve with coined shaped dodo.

Yumm0

great as laxative too. grin

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Ewuro4: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
shaybebaby:

Sounds like the shizzle. That's second night covered. Will have to do it without the crayfish.. Oyinbos don't get out love for dried fish... Complain about the smell.
I'll try with seafood and the boli idea is great. Haven't had that in aaaaaages. Sounds like a lovely recipe. Will give feedback once he has tried it.

Yes you can omit that. No worries.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by cococandy(f): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Shaybebaby, why not also peruse this website?
http://www.nigerianfoodtv.com/2012/05/nigerian-food-recipes.html?m=1

I love it. So many ideas that you will be spoilt for choice.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
cococandy:
Shaybebaby, why not also peruse this website?
http://www.nigerianfoodtv.com/2012/05/nigerian-food-recipes.html?m=1

I love it. So many ideas that you will be spoilt for choice.
Thanks chick. I'll see what I can find on there. 7 different dishes, omo, I am going to be as grumpy as fvck at the end of the week. angry
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by cococandy(f): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
shaybebaby:

Thanks chick. I'll see what I can find on there. 7 different dishes, omo, I am going to be as grumpy as fvck at the end of the week. angry
why do you have to do 7 different dishes anyway?

If you're grumpy, he won't enjoy you o.

So instead of outdoing yourself,just do the much you can without being fatigued so that you dedicate the rest of you to making his stay enjoyable wink wink if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
cococandy:
why do you have to do 7 different dishes anyway?

If you're grumpy, he won't enjoy you o.

So instead of outdoing yourself,just do the much you can without being fatigued so that you dedicate the rest of you to making his stay enjoyable wink wink if you know what I mean.
I feel you jare. Cooking is really not my thing and he is incredibly good. I guess that is why I am putting pressure on myself to do this. Left to me, I'd switch my phone off for the week he is here, lock the doors and have the phone number of the local takeaway handy wink.
One can dream sha, little oga will enter the room, give me dressing robe as if to say, oya! Time to wake up mummy.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oh I also followed that link to the website you showed me, cococandy. Loads of recipes there. I guess a trip to London to get the needed ingredients is on the cards.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by cococandy(f): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
shaybebaby:
Oh I also followed that link to the website you showed me, cococandy. Loads of recipes there. I guess a trip to London to get the needed ingredients is on the cards.
you go girl wink

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Chillis: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Rule no 1.
Don't put fish in any recipe that has meat in it.

If the protein is chicken, use chicken. Don't go mixing chicken, beef , fish etc in one recipe.

2. No palm oil. Use olive oil and tomatoes or paprika to get the red color. ( make him face no swell after eating it

3. Not to spicy as in chillis.

4. Go for simple recipe .
5. Let him do the cooking. If you can't cook, relax and give way to the person that can and just do the clearing of table. So you don't go offering burnt food and making a mess.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:
I have been away from my bae for three weeks and he will be over for a week. I hate cooking but I've taken up the challenge to cook dinner for the 7 nights we will be together. So resident foodsters, your suggested recipes will be of immense help. Anything that can be cooked without dried fish.. Bae na oyinbo that is curious about African/ Nigerian dishes.

How was I feeding him though?

So you really uploaded the bikini pic? grin
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daeylar:

Not quite, swim suit but why not? What else does one wear on holiday. Burka? grin
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Not quite, swim suit but why not? What else does one wear on holiday. Burka? grin
I want to be like you when I grow up, you sabi dance around question sha cheesy, you know why I asked that question grin grin
Anyways I'll let you slide grin kiss wink

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daeylar:

He is vibrating for your attention badly. When they that thirsty, best let them die of it.
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

He is vibrating for your attention badly. When they that thirsty, best let them die of it.
grin grin grin cheesy

I never give them attention though, just want him to be banned, that's my goal grin
But thanks dear, point taken.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daeylar:

I want to be like you when I grow up, you sabi dance around question sha cheesy, you know why I asked that question grin grin
Anyways I'll let you slide grin kiss wink

So tell me, why did you feel like I was feeding him?
Because he was baiting you on purpose hun or trying to, so as to get a response, any kind. So responding is doing just that.

I know I shouldn't be preaching because I do the same. embarassed (respond when I probably shouldn't)

Why did you ask the question? grin
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Because he was baiting you on purpose hun or trying to, so as to get a response, any kind. So responding is doing just that.

I know I shouldn't be preaching because I do the same. embarassed (respond when I probably shouldn't)

Why did you ask the question? grin

I know that's what he is doing, I thought about ignoring him but I think he is better banned. Thanks kiss

You know why, l**u asked for bikini pic (I guess that's how the conversation went, I don't remember) grin grin
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daeylar:

I know that's what he is doing, I thought about ignoring him but I think he is better banned. Thanks kiss

You know why, lefu asked for bikini pic grin grin
Lefu that I wanted to give girlfriend and he ran. grin

But tbh, I have put up similar pics in the past. I am bitter single mother innit?
wink
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Lefu that I wanted to give girlfriend and he ran. grin

But tbh, I have put up similar pics in the past. I am bitter single mother innit?
wink
Lol, he probably couldn't handle the girl grin

Who called you that? shocked shocked many useless people on this forum
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, he probably couldn't handle the girl grin

Who called you that? shocked shocked many useless people on this forum
Nah he was scared. Thought I was trying to pull a scam. That's how people let fear get in the way.

At the tag, that's been said over and over back then in the family section. I don't deny it, just sometimes let my pics do the talking. Yup I am divorced but not single, a mum who isn't parenting alone either. Maybe it's my way of showing other ladies that the bvllshit they chat on here about relationships is just that-bvllshit.
The reality can be different if you want it to be and don't want to societal diktat get in the way of doing your thing. YOLO my sister.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Nah he was scared. Thought I was trying to pull a scam. That's how people let fear get in the way.

Lol,, missed opportunity, lol,

At the tag, that's been said over and over back then in the family section. I don't deny it, just sometimes let my pics do the talking. Yup I am divorced but not single, a mum who isn't parenting alone either. Maybe it's my way of showing other ladies that the bvllshit they chat on here about relationships is just that-bvllshit.
The reality can be different if you want it to be and don't want to societal diktat get in the way of doing your thing. YOLO my sister.

Always, dear
Ignore them.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by shaybebaby(f): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol,, missed opportunity, lol,

Always, dear
Ignore them.
Oh I do except when I'm bored. Off to bed now. Have a good night sis. kiss
Re: Help Needed, Suggestions For Recipes. by Daeylar(f): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
shaybebaby:

Oh I do except when I'm bored. Off to bed now. Have a
good night sis. kiss

Lol, you use them for entertainment grin
You too dear kiss kiss

Good night kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 18 Best Mamaput Joints To Eat In Lagos / Used Bakery And Fastfood Equipment For Sale At Affordable Prices / I Cooked This Rich Blue Crab Soup With Just 700 Naira(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.