Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire (32070 Views)

5 Everyday Sin We Commit And Must Avoid This Week. / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 11:51am On Jul 26, 2015
Humblebloke:

Perhaps... I will comprehend if you stop the spirit writing, Cos' your post seriously lacks wisdom

In short don't quote or refer to the bible.Hope that's simple enough,I wouldn't to cloud your mind with complex things now would I?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Humblebloke(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Eddlad:

In short don't quote or refer to the bible.Hope that's simple enough,I wouldn't to cloud your mind with complex things now would I?

Okay ignoramus...... Actually the bible was written in plain text and can be easily comprehended

You are one living a complex life.....complicating things for yourself

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by menesheh(m): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
SAMBARRY:
You seem not to understand sarcasm wink

I'm having a great time tho wink

sure!!!!

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
We have always being taught that women's body will cause men to commit sin.

We were told that if women showed too much of their body it would cause men to do stupid things.

Lets be clear: A woman's body is not dangerous to you, her body will not cause you harm, it will not make you do stupid things.

If you do stupid things it is because you choose to do stupid things.

Do not blame the women for wearing what works for them and what they want rather blame the men who do stupid things because they cannot hold themselves from being stupid

Op was talking from a biblical perspective
You are talking from a atheistic perspective...

Your views are parallel......that's why there are still many disagreements on morals till today..

What I was taught in catechism was that both the man and the woman share the blame.......
The man should control his thoughts and the woman should caution her dress sense...a two way street.....
The man is guilty of lust and the woman is only guilty of leading someone to sin only if she was aware of the consequences of her actions but chose to dress like that anyway....
You can't commit a sin you were never aware of... (something you didn't know was a sin)

If a woman decides to go naked on the street or just in lingerie.....assuming that's what works for her
that would look absurd right? That's the point of obscenity laws..to control excesses......

Even with every woman wearing "what works for her" there are bound to be excesses
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Humblebloke:

Okay ignoramus...... Actually the bible was written in plain text and can be easily comprehended

You are one living a complex life.....complicating things for yourself

Okay since the scriptures is simple enough show me where it advocates that people show not take blame or responsibility for their tendencies.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Ode.
Close mindedness is a very deadly disease, the religion you carry on your head which is against homosexuality, was handed down to you by the same people you claim is responsible for all the wrong in the world, yet you won't see that.

Whatever the story with homosexuals, was a fault of your God, deal with it.

I would rather be close minded and stick with God than to be open minded and stick with your ilk. I fraternize with you just like Christ did because those who are sick need a physician so Christ came to seek and save those who are lost under which category you fit in perfectly.

Homosexuality is not a creation of God but a distortion of the devil. This is when men or women allow themselves to be drawn away by diverse lusts. Having their bodily parts given to wrong uses. The history of the bible is way way bigger than your small mind can comprehend.

God can use evil people to accomplish his goal same way he used the devils crucifixion of Christ to achieve His ultimate goal...that in itself is a mystery you cannot understand.

YOU NEED GOD!

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by engrshakespeare: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

Wow! You exudes so much intelligence that many male folks lack.

It's high time we started accepting our responsibilities and weakness instead of blaming women for everything. Only pained and frustrated men enveloped with chauvinism-sexism do that.
You'll never see a woman whining about men in something she has control over.

I strongly concur with you: A wise man Indeed, you are and your kinds are rare!!

So women patrolling the streets in their birthday suits is justified?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by freecocoa(f): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I would rather be close minded and stick with God than to be open minded and stick with your ilk. I fraternize with you just like Christ did because those who are sick need a physician so Christ came to seek and save those who are lost under which category you fit in perfectly.

Homosexuality is not a creation of God but a distortion of the devil. This is when men or women allow themselves to be drawn away by diverse lusts. Having their bodily parts given to wrong uses. The history of the bible is way way bigger than your small mind can comprehend.

God can use evil people to accomplish his goal same way he used the devils crucifixion of Christ to achieve His ultimate goal...that in itself is a mystery you cannot understand.

YOU NEED GOD!
Everything you wrote here just depicts your God as an evil tyrant, like it's not him that created the devil who supposedly brought evil, it's even in the bible somewhere that he(God) created evil so why is he now complaining to hate it? Using evil to achieve his goal indeed, how stup1d are you? Only an evil person uses evil means to achieve anything, what do you know about the purported history of the bible? Was it not the white men that brought religion to you? The same gave you its history and you want to educate me on it? Please carry your brain washed self outta my face.

5 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by thelish(f): 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
safarigirl:
Any man who cannot control his irge around a scantily dressed lady is no diffrerent from a lower animal and is a lesser being.

Pleae, what are men of today seeing tht 19th Century men did not see? Before the West rought clothes, were our forefathers not daunted with the daily sight of bare-brea-sted women? Did they r-ape anyone?

If anyone has become disgraceful, it is the male folk of this century that are a disgreace to their predecessors. I wholly support real men like FrancisTony and johnydon22 who have learnt to control their body.

You cannot call yourself a Christian or even a man when you allow your flesh control you
u are intelligent gurl
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by briefty(f): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
The truth is we ladies know when we dress to kill( indecently) -( cos we react by TOUCH)no guy should actually come here to defend ladies been free to wear anything they choose to wear.

The inncoent girls been raped by so called pervert guys sometimes tend to assume all ladies are the same, because of the impression they got from the ladies that wears indecent dresses.

Please, ladies kindly stop indecent dressing because the way you are dressed is the way you will be addressed.

Trust me, what is the beauty in wearing skimpy dress and later finding it difficult for you to pick up something on the ground without exposing your panties.

Lastly, men should also learn how to control themselves and constructively correct any lady you meet wearing indecent dressing.
Have a wonderful sunday you all.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Everything you wrote here just depicts your God as an evil tyrant, like it's not him that created the devil who supposedly brought evil, it's even in the bible somewhere that he(God) created evil so why is he now complaining to hate it? Using evil to achieve his goal indeed, how stup1d are you? Only an evil person uses evil means to achieve anything, what do you know about the purported history of the bible? Was it not the white men that brought religion to you? The same gave you its history and you want to educate me on it? Please carry your brain washed self outta my face.

Reasoning with you is a waste of precious time that someone else who deserves and wishes to see the truth needs. Enjoy your chosen path miss free everything. All i owe you in this your state of mind are prayers and that i will do. God bless you

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by freecocoa(f): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Reasoning with you is a waste of precious time that someone else who deserves and wishes to see the truth needs. Enjoy your chosen path miss free everything. All i owe you in this your state of mind are prayers and that i will do. God bless you
I'd rather you use that time to pray for the countless innocents killed by boko haram, many of whom are his worshippers, your prayers can't achieve nothing, he should keep his blessings, I don't need it.

3 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Humblebloke(m): 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Eddlad:

Okay since the scriptures is simple enough show me where it advocates that people show not take blame or responsibility for their tendencies.

Jesus died for the sins of humanity.... We have got to accept him as our saviour cos he sacrificed himself to himself( some christians say he is God)....... We ve all got a conscience, we know what's good and bad...... Can't you live a noble life without christ.......When you do a good deed; you attribute it to Jesus, When you commit sin, you blame the devil(that is irresponsibility @ its peak)

On the contrary

Here are some verses that clearly state that we will account for all our actions by ourselves

Galatians 6:4-5 “But let each one test his own
work, and then his reason to boast will be in
himself alone and not in his neighbor. For each
will have to bear his own load.”

Romans 14:10, 12 “For we will all stand before the
judgment seat of God. So then each of us will give
an account of himself to God.”

Double standardundecided
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
I'd rather you use that time to pray for the countless innocents killed by boko haram, many of whom are his worshippers, your prayers can't achieve nothing, he should keep his blessings, I don't need it.

His blessings come only after you are His. So lets not be faster than ourselves shall we? I will pray for you first then we can talk about His blessings. The issue of those killed by Boko haram is a matter for another day. Today my focus is you...Brick by brick, precept upon precept. God still loves you and needs you as you most definitely need him.

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by freecocoa(f): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

His blessings come only after you are His. So lets not be faster than ourselves shall we? I will pray for you first then we can talk about His blessings. The issue of those killed by Boko haram is a matter for another day. Today my focus is you...Brick by brick, precept upon precept. God still loves you and needs you as you most definitely need him.
You are deluded.

3 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
You are deluded.

Thank you
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
You are deluded.

I want to ask you a very simple question and pls do give me an answer okay?

Being deluded for Christ and being deluded for the devil which is preferable? Do answer me please.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by ayodejisure: 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
annibro:
Truth be told. D world is becoming d Church & D Church is becoming D world. Wat justification does one ve 4 wearing a transparent dress or a bum short 2d market? Its as good as coming out naked.

BTW: if a place as unrighteous & public as D university condems improper dressing, wat justification does a church ve 4 accepting it?
If covering wasn't important, God wouldn't ve bothered covering Adam & Eve Himself
thank U and God Bless!
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by freecocoa(f): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Being deluded for Christ and being deluded for the devil which is preferable? Do answer me please.
Smh. Christ and the devil are one and the same so I couldn't care less.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by ayodejisure: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
briefty:
The truth is we ladies know when we dress to kill( indecently) -( cos we react by TOUCH)no guy should actually come here to defend ladies been free to wear anything they choose to wear.

The inncoent girls been raped by so called pervert guys sometimes tend to assume all ladies are the same, because of the impression they got from the ladies that wears indecent dresses.

Please, ladies kindly stop indecent dressing because the way you are dressed is the way you will be addressed.

Trust me, what is the beauty in wearing skimpy dress and later finding it difficult for you to pick up something on the ground without exposing your panties.

Lastly, men should also learn how to control themselves and constructively correct any lady you meet wearing indecent dressing.
Seems you are wise.... God will give u more wisdom!

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Smh. Christ and the devil are one and the same so I couldn't care less.

Yet you say i am deluded? Mirrors are still on sale if you have none at home. Take a long hard look at one whom you see is the definition of delusion.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Onyiido: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
It is not the woman's fault that you cannot hold yourself from acting on your raging sexual urge, it is your fault in entirety if you fail to know when restraint is necessary and how to employ proper self control.

Blaming the women for the weakness, silliness and the inability of man to have a self control principle is very wrong.

She has the right to wear what wants and feels comfortable in, what ever reaction you allow yourself in response to that is totally you doing and not the woman's
My dear read matthew 18:6-7. Op said it all

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by lepasharon(f): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Being deluded for both as they are both fictional.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by RealEstate38: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by dyabman(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:

We were told that if women showed too much of their body it would cause men to do stupid things.

Lets be clear: A woman's body is not dangerous to you, her body will not cause you harm, it will not make you do stupid things.

Do not blame the women for wearing what works for them and what they want rather blame the men who do stupid things because they cannot hold themselves from being stupid
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:

[b]You do not realise that there are 3 things that lead to sin,

1. Lust of the flesh
2. Lust of the eyes
3. Pride of life

These 3 need something to trigger them before they begin to manifest. The trigger is the problem, remove the trigger and the gun will not shoot. Nobody lusts on nothing...lust is targeted at something and even the trigger of this lust which in this case is provocative dressing also has a root and its root is motive. If the motive does not tally with Gods mind then its falsehood. God can never be a stumbling block to his children but he is a stumbling block to the ignorant. You do not dress for the sake of fashion trend or opinion of the fashion critics of this world, you dress to please God..simple.

As a child you had nothing to lust after because there was nothing known to u enough to trigger lust but as u grew and became aware you began having cravings....sinful desires to steal, to lie, to fornicate.....feelings were put in you by God to serve His purpose but the devil distorted them so you would use them to serve your own selfish purpose which in turn would lead you to sin.

Jesus said love the lord your God with all your soul, all your heart and with all your mind and love your neighbour as yourself...Only a pure heart can do this and that is his desire for us. That we be pure in heart.

If you love your neighbour as yourself then you would not want to be the reason why he or she sinned against God so in essence you are not of a pure heart if you cause your neighbour to fall due to your errors.

Remember only the pure in heart will see God! Enough said.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Bluffly: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:

Noted, but do not also blame the men for what works for them like bashing a woman when she is obviously naughty. What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Basically, they dress to show off and what do they show off, their curves, boobs, telling people that they are pretty and attractive. Attractive to what? Obviously it is the opposite sex even if the feel the intent is not to make them sleep with you but truly you know when you dress that way, you arouse attention and impure thoughts. Please stop justifying what is wrong in the name of corrupt fashion and what works for you. I even wonder what such dressing is working out for them, is it money, career, love, fame or what? bad is bad and good is good. My problem with women is that they tend to talk from but side of their mouths, justifying what is obviously wrong. No wahla sha

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by princeSammyz: 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:

"what works for them indeed!" As long as it works for them, it does'nt mater if it will make the opposite sex uncomfortable right? Every one is free I agree, but true freedom acknowledges that of the next man. If we follow U, people will soon walk about naked according to what works for them. Moderation is essential in all things Bro

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by GooseBaba: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
briefty:

For the love of God, please lie responsibly..!!
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Jonwesley(m): 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
An2elect2:
Am also guilty of dressing indecently sometimes. Lord have mercy. It is totally wrong for us to dress anyhow. I repent.

Yet you claim that the zeal of the lord has consumed you on your profile. That to me shows a confused "christian", period!
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by GooseBaba: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

[b]You do not realise that there are 3 things that lead to sin,

1. Lust of the flesh
2. Lust of the eyes
3. Pride of life

These 3 need something to trigger them before they begin to manifest. The trigger is the problem, remove the trigger and the gun will not shoot. Nobody lusts on nothing...lust is targeted at something and even the trigger of this lust which in this case is provocative dressing also has a root and its root is motive. If the motive does not tally with Gods mind then its falsehood. God can never be a stumbling block to his children but he is a stumbling block to the ignorant. You do not dress for the sake of fashion trend or opinion of the fashion critics of this world, you dress to please God..simple.

As a child you had nothing to lust after because there was nothing known to u enough to trigger lust but as u grew and became aware you began having cravings....sinful desires to steal, to lie, to fornicate.....feelings were put in you by God to serve His purpose but the devil distorted them so you would use them to serve your own selfish purpose which in turn would lead you to sin.

Jesus said love the lord your God with all your soul, all your heart and with all your mind and love your neighbour as yourself...Only a pure heart can do this and that is his desire for us. That we be pure in heart.

If you love your neighbour as yourself then you would not want to be the reason why he or she sinned against God so in essence you are not of a pure heart if you cause your neighbour to fall due to your errors.

Remember only the pure in heart will see God! Enough said.[/b]

This your god too like wahala... Haba!!! According to your write up. The motherfuvker is responsible for lust/evil, yet in your delusion you still want to blame his alleged creation...

Guy do the needful, go drink otapiapia...
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by GooseBaba: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jonwesley:

Yet you claim that the zeal of the lord has consumed you on your profile. That to me shows a confused "christian", period!

All christians are totally confused.

Proof: The overwhelming amount of denominations inspired by holyspirit..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Stop The Killings - Pope Francis Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.