Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire (32069 Views)

5 Everyday Sin We Commit And Must Avoid This Week. / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / 7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
GooseBaba:

This your god too like wahala... Haba!!! According to your write up. The motherfuvker is responsible for lust/evil, yet in your delusion you still want to blame his alleged creation...

Guy do the needful, go drink otapiapia...

I see you have a problem with reading and understanding. Read my post again. Perhaps you need to read it 10 times before understanding dawns on you.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Jonwesley(m): 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=GooseBaba post=36296203]

All christians are totally confused.

Proof: The overwhelming amount of denominations inspired by holyspirit.. [/]

Seriously, imagine someone that said the zeal of the lord has consumed her and likes dressing provocatively. Absolute absurdity!!!
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by GooseBaba: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
naijadeyhia:

I see you have a problem with reading and understanding. Read my post again. Perhaps you need to read it 10 times before understanding dawns on you.

"feelings were put by God to serve His purpose but the devil distorted them"

Who allegedly created all things.. This motherfuvker you call god... Need I say more... Abi was it another god that created devil/evil..

If the shiiit head can stop evil but chooses not to, then the blame lies on him, not his alleged creation. Your god is overly dramatic... Acting like a little biiitch..
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by iRepNaija1: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
krattoss:
have u come across the word ;CAUSALITY;?

Its one of the things i believe in.

Every action has a cause.

So u cant actually and wholly blame the guy cos had it been the lady didnt were seductive dresses, the urge couldnt have been there.

And a lady dressing indecently, what actually does she wants other than attraction and possibly rape?

Okay. So if we apply your theory of causality that means that, because every action has a cause, some Nigerian politicians chop money because the money was just there and they couldn't help themselves. We shouldn't blame the politicians because the money provoked them and if the money wasn't there, the urge would not be there in the first place. So we should get rid of all the money so the politicians that were "rightfully" elected can do their jobs. Am I using your theory correctly?

I wish you could see how hard I'm rolling my eyes at you right now.

5 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by An2elect2(f): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jonwesley:

Yet you claim that the zeal of the lord has consumed you on your profile. That to me shows a confused "christian", period!

k
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
iRepNaija1:

Okay. So if we apply your theory of causality that means that, because every action has a cause, some Nigerian politicians chop money because the money was just there and they couldn't help themselves. We shouldn't blame the politicians because the money provoked them and if the money wasn't there, the urge would not be there in the first place. So we should get rid of all the money so the politicians that were "rightfully" elected can do their jobs. Am I using your theory correctly?

I wish you could see how hard I'm rolling my eyes at you right now.
in so far as i have been proved wrong by some peeps here, u were just showcasing ur ignorance at the anology of causality.

Whether the after effect of the theory is good or bad, thats none of my biz. Politicians dont just steal money for the sake of decoration. There is a cause that makes them steal the money. Be it greed, problems or unforseen circumstances.

I dont knw whether u re just getting a clue of what am saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Eddlad: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Humblebloke post=36288180]

Jesus died for the sins of humanity.... We have got to accept him as our saviour cos he sacrificed himself to himself( some christians say he is God)....... We ve all got a conscience, we know what's good and bad...... Can't you live a noble life without christ.......When you do a good deed; you attribute it to Jesus, When you commit sin, you blame the devil(that is irresponsibility @ its peak)

You still haven't shown me yet.Where does the bible preach that good deeds should be attributed to God and vice versa,these are the words of men don't be confused.Also if evil deeds are devil empowered why would we be held accountable for them.
I think you should come again.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by kalimera101: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
krattoss:

So u cant actually and wholly blame the guy cos had it been the lady didnt were seductive dresses, the urge couldnt have been there.

And a lady dressing indecently, what actually does she wants other than attraction and possibly rape?

This comment is one of the most stupid and unintelligent comments I have ever come across.

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by iRepNaija1: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
krattoss:
in so far as i have been proved wrong by some peeps here, u were just showcasing ur ignorance at the anology of causality.

Whether the after effect of the theory is good or bad, thats none of my biz. Politicians dont just steal money for the sake of decoration. There is a cause that makes them steal the money. Be it greed, problems or unforseen circumstances.

I dont knw whether u re just getting a clue of what am saying?

Since you clearly didn't understand, let me break it down for you: my post was made in sarcasm to demonstrate how stupid and ignorant I found your original comment.

3 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
kalimera101:

This comment is one of the most stupid and unintelligent comments I have ever come across.
lol.....

I knw how to treat ur type...

Silence.

Bye
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
iRepNaija1:

Since you clearly didn't understand, let me break it down for you: my post was made in sarcasm to demonstrate how stupid and ignorant I found your original comment.
then u need to study the meaning of sarcasm cos ur original post was point and clear
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by iRepNaija1: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
krattoss:
then u need to study the meaning of sarcasm cos ur original post was point and clear

I know what sarcasm is. Just because I didn't put an emoticon next to my original post doesn't mean you get to blame me as the cause for why you didn't understand it.

Did I use your causality theory right this time? Or am I showing my ignorance just as aptly as you are?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by FarmTech(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
It is not the woman's fault that you cannot hold yourself from acting on your raging sexual urge, it is your fault in entirety if you fail to know when restraint is necessary and how to employ proper self control.

Blaming the women for the weakness, silliness and the inability of man to have a self control principle is very wrong.

She has the right to wear what wants and feels comfortable in, what ever reaction you allow yourself in response to that is totally you doing and not the woman's
If you cause others to sin, God will hold you responsible. See mark 9:17.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by FarmTech(m): 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
herald9:
This post baffles me a lot. I'm like really? Are you trying to justify indecent dressing ?
How could you put all the blame on the males when you know it's actions that triggers reactions.

So you expected a woman to dress scantily without the male folks raising eyebrows? That could only happen to men with dead testosterone and if we were configured that way, there wouldn't have been sexual attraction in the first place.

You can't possibly throw some grains of corn to a fowl and expect it to walk pass them.

For the first time your rationality shifted to the emotional side or maybe you weren't trying to be rational at all.
In as much as God blame women that dress like prostitutes, men who couldn't purify their heart are also to blame. Jesus said that to commit adultery, all u need to do is lust in your heart.
This technique have always work for me. I don't look at scantily dressed ladies more than once - even when they're talking to me, I may look over their head or sides to avoid bare cleavages and other nonsense.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by FarmTech(m): 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]One problem with humans is that;
We understand half and talk double.

If you actually read my post well i believe my point was clear enough and i always do not bring my emotions into my positions of matters.

I am a man if at all my emotions should tilt on a side it should be in support of the men folks and not the women but when speaking of the injustice of societal bans one's emotions should never be in the deciding factor.

You are free to wear anything you choose to wear, which ever way people react to it is their doing not yours.

A woman's dressing in as much as it can trigger urges in a man doesn't place her the obligation of taking responsibility for man's inability to restrain himself.

We see women everyday dressed in all kinds of way same way we see men everyday dressed same. . That you cannot control the urges that surge within you is not the woman's fault.

That you choose to act on this urge and met out inhumane action of rape on the woman is entirely your fault and your doing.

A woman has the right just like you to wear what she likes and what she feels comfortable in, your reaction to it is your own doing. . . She is under no obligation to dress in a way to sate your urge that you cannot keep it in check is your doing entirely

We are in charge of our actions and choices unless you tell me that a woman's dressing controls your action?

Try and understand before concluding bro!
[/b]
You see the sexual pervasion that reing supreme in western countries today? It's bc they have always seen things the way you do.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by BigBen10: 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
safarigirl:
Any man who cannot control his urge around a scantily dressed lady is no diffrerent from a lower animal and is a lesser being.

Please, what are men of today seeing tht 19th Century men did not see? Before the West brought clothes, were our forefathers not daunted with the daily sight of bare-brea-sted women? Did they r-ape anyone?

If anyone has become disgraceful, it is the male folk of this century that are a disgrace to their predecessors. I wholly support real men like FrancisTony and johnydon22 who have learnt to control their body.

You cannot call yourself a Christian or even a man when you allow your flesh control you

I don't know why everyone has taken the issue raised by the op to mean rape.
He is talking about lust in general as a Christian. lf I see a scantily dressed ladies that am attracted to I might lust for some seconds and finally control myself but that image is burned in my memory for a long time. If I see different woman continously throughout the week like that I will still control my self but will go home imagining hw it would be to taste them. imagine their unclothedness that is what is called lost. for I have not carried out any physical action yet but have sinned in my heart.

Its not always about rape.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by ikwubaba: 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Waoh! see interests generated here.

It may be good for us to dig far into the reason why there are definitions for what a woman and a man dressing is in any society. The fall of humanity was achieved by direct target on woman. This is because woman is the spiritual leader of the entire humanity. Her volition will from eternity to eternity, direct the cause and fate of all. A man will never be able to garner enough capacity to withstand her powers. This is the reason why great men/women of old put in place so much rules and norms to protect her delicate nature. These have been misplaced and even rubbished in implementation to the point of even making her look lesser as a specie. it was ok for women to fight for their right and recognition, but that process has also been hijacked by the power of evil and darkness. The whole thing was now taken beyond the safe boundary. What we have at the moment are women (leader of humanity) bringing themselves to all time low, struggling continually to advance in the direction of nudity. Submitting to the antics of evil forces (the crafty serpent) by continually seeking attention in the wrong direction. The ambience and good motherly feel which the women of yore use to bring to bear, have been replace with ugliness and terrible conduct exuding pungent smell everywhere. The clothing of a woman should radiate pure beauty and nobility not to elicit base cravings. You need to go back and see how women dress in the old to confirm this. What we call progress now is tearing down and exposing what is most precious to woman thereby creating very dark spiritual cloud around her. And it accounts to why many are regarded as playing thing for men.

As a matter of fact, humanity is doomed. Man will be unable to hold themselves back from reacting or responding to the effect of the emanation of woman. Man simply do not have that capacity. Even when some men can withstand or be repulsed by these ugly form, the generality of men will finally fall. That is not to say they will not be accountable for their actions.

I laugh at those who says there is no responsibility for the woman. Nothing is really free. Everything will avenge itself in thousands of folds.
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 1:51am On Jul 27, 2015
krattoss:

Here's another one... How about when they're about to burn one of those thieves on a street in Lagos(i do not support jungle justice btw). You stand in front of the crowd and say "well there is what i call_causality... Why would the owner charge His/Her phone in an open place?" and I hope you will not be added to the roaring flames. This is because all the crowd hears is; It is ok to steal a phone as long as the owner decides to leave it out there because to you it is already ok to rape a woman who does not subscribe to your standards of decency. Both scenarios are immensely messed up.

And what do you mean by "if a woman dresses indecent she is asking to raped" No! Sweetheart. She wears what she wears coz she likes her attire and is comfortable in it. In the same vein what are you asking for or expecting when vomiting such ignorant statements? And in public! Are you not ashamed? Are you asking to be slapped?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 1:59am On Jul 27, 2015
ikwubaba:
Waoh! see interests generated here.

It may be good for us to dig far into the reason why there are definitions for what a woman and a man dressing is in any society. The fall of humanity was achieved by direct target on woman. This is because woman is the spiritual leader of the entire humanity. Her volition will from eternity to eternity, direct the cause and fate of all. A man will never be able to garner enough capacity to withstand her powers. This is the reason why great men/women of old put in place so much rules and norms to protect her delicate nature. These have been misplaced and even rubbished in implementation to the point of even making her look lesser as a specie. it was ok for women to fight for their right and recognition, but that process has also been hijacked by the power of evil and darkness. The whole thing was now taken beyond the safe boundary. What we have at the moment are women (leader of humanity) bringing themselves to all time low, struggling continually to advance in the direction of nudity. Submitting to the antics of evil forces (the crafty serpent) by continually seeking attention in the wrong direction. The ambience and good motherly feel which the women of yore use to bring to bear, have been replace with ugliness and terrible conduct exuding pungent smell everywhere. The clothing of a woman should radiate pure beauty and nobility not to elicit base cravings. You need to go back and see how women dress in the old to confirm this. What we call progress now is tearing down and exposing what is most precious to woman thereby creating very dark spiritual cloud around her. And it accounts to why many are regarded as playing thing for men.

As a matter of fact, humanity is doomed. Man will be unable to hold themselves back from reacting or responding to the effect of the emanation of woman. Man simply do not have that capacity. Even when some men can withstand or be repulsed by these ugly form, the generality of men will finally fall. That is not to say they will not be accountable for their actions.

I laugh at those who says there is no responsibility for the woman. Nothing is really free. Everything will avenge itself in thousands of folds.

What exactly did women wear in the old days that is supposed to be our benchmark. I recently came across a picture of an igbo woman in the 1930's on the internet. She tied a short wrapper on her waist that did not even fall to her knees and from waist upwards was bare. Yes! Her two breasts stood proudly to the sun. I came across a similar description of a woman's attire in Buchi Emecheta's Joy's of Motherhood also set during colonial times. If a woman wore that out now, you're ilk would rape her in broad daylight saying she was more than asking for it. Hypocrisy at its highest. Western culture nonsense.

"A woman is the spiritual head of the world"__what manner of fuckery is this! Is that why the four or is it five major religions all have men as the sole source of original revelations and all favour a patriarchal order for clergy because lets face it God never seems to reveal nothin to a woman. From Prophet Muhammad (swt), Abraham, Jesus, Gautama Buddha to the most recent Bahaullah and Joseph Smith. These men are all similar in so many regard but I'm sure being female is not one of them.

And what do you mean "men can try and try but they cannot control themselves". Somehow people suddenly find the will power for discipline when their doctor says "cut back or eliminate so-and- so food coz of your health" or their boss says "this is a memo, change your work ethic or you'll get the boot". But when it comes to women, why bother exercising restraint when you can always blame her for her dressing or walking at odd hours or giving you an inviting look or some other bullshit.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 2:22am On Jul 27, 2015
herald9:

I've noticed something.

Lemme not go deep but just the highlight.

Erm... It seems something happened 'somewhere' and you've been living with either your mum, aunt or grandma since then. They fed and sheltered you. So you are obliged to defend the womenfolk wherever the need arises. Cause you feel you're indebted to them and it's your way of showing appreciation.

Is that true?
I'm guessing all the white people who marched with Martin Luther King and the African Americans were also clothed and fed by them ba? Or William Wilberforce was also fed and clothed by slaves thats why he championed the abolition of slave trade too right? If you have to look for such flimsy reasons to justify why FrancisTony stands against such horrendous and barbaric profiling of the female gender as Temptresses then you need to check yourself bro. Honestly!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2015
herald9:
This post baffles me a lot. I'm like really? Are you trying to justify indecent dressing ?
How could you put all the blame on the males when you know it's actions that triggers reactions.

So you expected a woman to dress scantily without the male folks raising eyebrows? That could only happen to men with dead testosterone and if we were configured that way, there wouldn't have been sexual attraction in the first place.

You can't possibly throw some grains of corn to a fowl and expect it to walk pass them.

For the first time your rationality shifted to the emotional side or maybe you weren't trying to be rational at all.
johnnydon22. Just followed you.

This post baffles me a lot. I'm like really? Are you trying to justify RAPE?? The blame is on the perpetrator not on the victim. What is your excuse for the rape of young children. That they should have covered up? Why did they sit on some so-called uncle's lap?

Is it also the fault of people shot and killed in armed robberies? I guess they were just asking to be killed walking around not wearing bullet proof vests. How about guys molested by older men? Well toughluck to them. How could they be walking around looking so damn fine to their gay uncles and elder broses. What were they thinking tempting them like that.

"You can't possibly throw some grains at chicken and expect it to walk past them."

Same thing applies here if we are to follow your logic. Plus I don't know about men being chickens but I know that women are definitely not grain. We're homo sapiens with a complex brain structure that beats a piece of grain. And reducing male-female interaction to such an analogy is just plain stupid. If you're a chicken, fine! But pls don't presume to speak for all men.

Again, the victim is not to blame for any attack. In an ideal world, people should not even be going around attacking anyone.. Let alone having their actions defended.

One day you might be the victim, it doesn't have to be rape. Could be something worse. Pray you aren't also victim-shamed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 3:09am On Jul 27, 2015
herald9:
grin Thesonofmark, FrancisTony is actually male and in his late teens. He's dark in complexion, got a chubby face with visible beards and a big butt grin. I've known him from way back and could vouch for his gender. grin

The thing I don't understand is how his reasoning got this bad. grin
FrancisTony 's reasoning is quite alright. It is people who condone rape like you that I fear for always.

I would prefer a million FrancisTony stroll with me through my quarters at night than meet you at a marketplace in broad daylight. For who knows, even in the daylight, the barbaric nature of owning, possessing by force which is left for animals in the wild and dictators like Hitler and co could come upon you and you would push me into an empty stall. Or maybe you will claim "THE URGE" is too strong and attempt it on the streets.

Question; how many girls have you raped? (context is irrelevant because unlike murder there is nothing like "self-defence rape).

Have you tried to rape any of your female relatives, maybe mother or sister? Do you rape madwomen *those mad women, always tattered but scantily dressed* Do you do it professionally, you know like get paid. You must be for you to defend it so passionately. Please answer soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 3:25am On Jul 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Wrong. Women taunting men with the possibility of more by being semi-nĂ¹de heightens our curiosity and leads us to crave the women more.

Why do you think an average stripper makes more money per hour than the average full-on prøstitute?smiley
So what stops you from trying to rape a stripper? Might it be those well muscled bouncers at the door or the the ability of the stripper herself to scratch the living daylight out of you or probably its the thought of spending an avoidable night in jail so you just exercise restraint and finish your night peacefully. So you do you have discipline and self-restraint? From your comments I thought some of you were wild animals looking for the next tree to hump..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 3:43am On Jul 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Nothing justifies rape, not even insanity 'cause a mad man/woman can recognize and feel physical pain.smiley

That opined, women deliberately induce the untoward advances. How many times haven't we heard women say they are dressing to "kill"? How many times haven't your girlfriends said something like , "girl, we gon' "kill" them today" infront of a full-length mirror?
How many times haven't you dressed in skimpy clothes for a party because you want to "steal" the show?

Need I go on? Don't play the sole victim here, missy.
This is silly! Am I the only seeing how ludicrous your post is!

Those women 'dress to kill' not to be raped.

They dress to steal the show not to have pleasure forcefully taken from their body without their consent.

Men dress to kill all the time. With those body hug shirts that show each ripple of their muscle and outline their six pack. And those skinny jeans which outlines that 'bulge'. And then those shorts! My God! Ever heard of a 'foot fetish'.
But it does not mean they want to be robbed by the first group of miscreants they pass by coz they presumable look rich. Or dragged into a building and butt-fuccked coz they look attractive to some guy.

Be careful about what you justify. ANYBODY could justify ANYTHING with that logic. And I mean... ANYTHING.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 3:51am On Jul 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Now you are getting it twisted.

Im not in anyway referring to rape because thats a totally different topic.

A rapist will rape a lady in full hijjab. What im implying is that skimpy dresses promotes lustful taughts simple.

Someone also made reference to india as the most prevalent in rape cases but i would re emphasize once more that the case of rape and skimpy dress do not correlate.

Rape is a crime that is commited by sex perverts but lustfulness cuts accross men in general and that is also a sin and that is the subject of dscussion.

a man with lustful spirit will still lust after a lady in full rain coat but when a lady dresses skimpily she will be causing even the pure hearted guys to lust after them.

Lots of things leads to lots of things.

Drying your clothes outside could lead to it being stolen.
Driving around an expensive car could lead to it being robbed.

But I don't need see you or anybody else trying to defend or rationalize the above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 4:21am On Jul 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Both. Mine for not being security conscious enough to realize we do not live in a perfect society and hence not hide my wad of cash well enough io a PUBLIC SPACE and yours for not controlling your kleptomaniac urges.smiley

Cc: Humblebloke
Humblebloke Johnydon22 Williamso FrancisTony Misblah

Fellas, thanks for restoring my faith in Humanity.

Williamso permit me to rephrase your question. We're dealing with 2 things here. The CAUSE_ indecent dressing; which is subjective. The EFFECT_ rape; which most times involves force.

Lets say TheSonOfMark one fine Sunday, you wore your Sunday best. That starched shirt that crinkles when you raise your arm an inch, that skinny jean that smells like you ordered it from abroad, then those shiny Jordans or Mocassin's or whatever. Or maybe just a really beautiful native wear. Maybe sporting Raybans; Aba made(not judging). That cool wristwatch and then you stash your wallet and phone somewhere safe so no one knows you have a wallet or even how bulgy it is. And you set out. ___CAUSE

Now there is a miscreant on your path to the church. And as you approach. He's thinking-:

"omo! See as dis guy gaj finish. See im baff up"
"i sure say im go hold bar weeeell"
*"Dat watch for im hand eh, i fit sell am for dat kind 5k for Alaba international market"*
**"dis bros feel say im go just fine commot, pass my front and im no go drop something for broseses"**

So he trails you and rams a gun down your throat demanding for all you have on you including your gadgets and accessories, if possible your attire.__EFFECT

*notice the asterisk and double there in the miscreants train of thought*

Who is at fault here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by MarieSucre(f): 5:04am On Jul 27, 2015
FarmTech:

If you cause others to sin, God will hold you responsible. See mark 9:17.
"If a man looketh upon a woman lustfully, he commiteth adultery with her in his heart".

Sorry I don't know the verse. Don't have a bible. But I'm sure you're familiar with that verse..
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by mdee1(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Some ppl do things ignorantly while some do it knowing fully well what they are doing. I don't know why it's so hard to understand it's a 2-way thing
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by herald9: 7:31am On Jul 27, 2015
@Mariesucre seems you were once a victim. I could feel your pain in those posts, it runs deep.
But I wonder how that could've happened, cause even your face alone could scare a thousand rapists.

Now listen, I wasn't condoning rape, what I did was disagree with Johnydon22, who shifted all the blames to the male folks without condemning those girls who 'dress to kill', which in turn put them at the risk of getting raped.

If I could recall properly, Johnny asserted that, a girl could dress the way she likes, irrespective of the imaginations that type of dressing could be conjuring in a guy's mind. Isn't that another way of setting a bait for the fish and expecting the fish not to pounce on it?

Forgive me if I didn't put it the right way. All I wanted was your safety before rights. Because you can't pursue your rights when you're not even safe. I love women and respect them, without women none of us would've been breathing, so I can't wish them any harm.

Therefore, encourage your women folks to dress properly to avert some disaster. Remember it's the way you dress that you'll be addressed. Your dressing could earn you respect.... Or otherwise.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by frank317: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2015
annibro:
Truth be told. D world is becoming d Church & D Church is becoming D world. Wat justification does one ve 4 wearing a transparent dress or a bum short 2d market? Its as good as coming out naked.

BTW: if a place as unrighteous & public as D university condems improper dressing, wat justification does a church ve 4 accepting it?
If covering wasn't important, God wouldn't ve bothered covering Adam & Eve Himself

Pls how did God cover Adam and Eve. U don't even read ur bible. Didn't your God create Adam and Eve naked?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by frank317: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2015
I don't understand this thread.

Is it bad for a man to have sexual urge? Men always complaining like kids. So you are now complaining about having sexual urge?
Re: See Why You Must Avoid Immodest Attire by johnydon22(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2015
MarieSucre:
johnnydon22. Just followed you.

[b]I love your thinking and sense of reasoning, i am utterly glad we have women in this african society who can speak up for themselves and the right of women.

Sadly many women in our society have resigned to the fate of this injustice, most african women subscribe to this misogynistic concepts in this male dominated world based on the male dominated cultural and religious ideologies.

This injustice of inequality has gone too far and it is time the world said NO to such degrading injustice. . . It is time the world realized that male and female are all equal genders of the same species and none is better or superior to the other.

We live in a very insane society where injustice is clothed and washed in the guise of a moral concept.

What type of society would blame a girl who just got raped for wearing what she wore instead of blaming and prosecuting the perverted idiot who perpetrated such barbaric act?

What type of society would subject a girl who just got gang raped by 7 guys to a hundred lashes punishment for going out alone instead of prosecuting the idiots who could not restrain themselves from acting on their perverted urges like we saw recently in a saudi court.

What type of idiotic moral code would stipulate if a girl is raped, the raper should pay her father some amounts of money and take her off to be his wife not minding if the girl is ok with it or not and subjecting the innocent girl to a traumatizing life time of having to wake up and see the face of her raper/abuser everyday and not to mention endure the countless number of long nights now having sex with her raper just like the bible taught

It is both sickening as it is saddening and the world needs to take a stand against this nonsense.
Where men blame women for their own weakness and lack of self control, why not go to a public beach and rape women clad in bikinis and some stark naked since one cannot control ones urge when he sees a woman's body.

These stupendous, misogynistic, idiotic and religious chauvinistic ideologies all hyped and basked in the sun rays of religious and cultural basis should be resisted however we can.

A man has the right to wear what suits him and so does a woman. i have never seen women trying to impose their own ideology of decency on men so why should the reverse be the case.

You have a good head on your neck and i admire that a lot, Africa needs more women and girls like you of Chimamanda Adichie's caliber, keep it up.

Men of quality respect women's equality...

Considering women inferior creatures like religion and cultures have taught, my question is "Is that good and right for the world?"

I will push the Follow button too for you, your types are the kind of girls that move my interest, girls with brains not beauty without brains.
[/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Stop The Killings - Pope Francis Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.