Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,483 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:21 PM

Blogging Tips For Writers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blogging Tips For Writers (949 Views)

The Art Of Obervation; The Lettuce Soup Recipe For Writers / Looking For Writers To Form A Group / Creativenaija #colourofgiving Competition For Writers,artists And Musicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogging Tips For Writers by Berrypie(f): 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
Here are some great tips for bloggers.

1. Create a niche for your blog. Bloggers who have a niche for their blog can use that to determine everything from the best name for the blog and content. Plus, readers appreciate a blogger with a defined niche so they know what content to expect over the long haul.

2. Craft an editorial calendar for your blog. Once you know your niche, start figuring out your editorial calendar. This simple tool helps bloggers plan out and create top notch content and avoid the dreaded “blogger’s block,” which is writer’s block for bloggers.

3. Put blog readers first. Many bloggers get into the game thinking of how it might help them out with their goals, but I’ll tell you right now that the only way to consistently get anything out of blogging is to always (ALWAYS) put your readers first. Always!!!!

4. Design readable blog posts. You don’t have to be a super design whiz to have a professional-looking blog. However, try to include at least one (relevant) image in each blog post. When possible, break up text with headers, make lists, and keep text concise.
5. Track your blogging success. I’m a “content first” person, pure and simple…but I also believe in using tracking to help figure out what works and doesn’t work. Tracking helps me guide what content appeals to my readers, which products sell, and so much more.

6. Plan out blog posts in advance. An editorial calendar can help bloggers plot out posts on a macro level, but this planning is dedicated to plotting out (ahead of time) how you want to attack posts on a post-by-post basis. A simple outline works wonders for me.

7. Develop a blog post promotion plan. A lot of blogging success comes from just developing consistent systems, whether it’s related to developing content or sharing that content with your readers after the post goes live. Know how you’re going to share posts.

8. Utilize guest posts for blog success. Guest posts are a “two way” street of blogging success; they’re a win-win; they’re just great. When done well, guesting helps out the host blogger and guest blogger increase their audiences.

Source: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/there-are-no-rules/8-blogging-tips-for-writers-to-find-success

1 Like

Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
OP...are you the writer? in case of next time sha

Man shall not live by bread alone, we need sauce

source:
http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/there-are-no-rules/8-blogging-tips-for-writers-to-find-success
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by LarrySun(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
soe:

source:
http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/there-are-no-rules/8-blogging-tips-for-writers-to-find-success
I love your use of pun. smiley
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
LarrySun:
I love your use of pun. smiley
I just took my time to browse through your NL history and all I could say was "OMG"

OOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGG
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by LarrySun(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
soe:
I just took my time to browse through your NL history and all I could say was "OMG"

OOOOOOOOO
MMMMMMMM
GGGGGGGGG
shocked I hope I didn't do anything bad, sir. embarassed
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
LarrySun:
shocked I hope I didn't do anything bad, sir. embarassed
ahhhh...you are just too much...I don't even know where to start from....

It's only a shame that I don't frequent the sections you frequent.

Jokes and literature....seems like you run that axis...and your control of the language is impressive.
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by Berrypie(f): 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
soe:

source:

Thanks for adding the source.
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 06, 2015
Berrypie:

So unfortunate I didn't check this post again after I posted it until today - Reason being that I was banned for about 1 hour or so in the business section about the same time I made this post and I think it was because I added a source or so - I was angry for being banned for no tangible reason.
If I wrote this, I would have stated it at the beginning of the write up. Thanks for adding the source.
awww...it's a shame in'it.
lalasticlala was gonna make this an FP thing...but because you had no source. Just do the needful and he may reconsider deleting some of these comments. No guarantee though.
Re: Blogging Tips For Writers by Berrypie(f): 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
Ok.

(1) (Reply)

The Python In-between My Thigh / I Am Not A "Yahoo" Boy (a Short Story) / Rebecca Anderson: My First Love, Her Sunset And My First Heart Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.