Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday (32341 Views)

I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself / OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Enoquin(f): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
I never had a carry over whilst in school. The thing is I didn't love all my courses and studied more for the courses I disliked because I couldn't bear the thought of having to re-write any course especially the ones I disliked, that was a part motivator.

I won't say I know how you feel but I do know this: My sister's friend was a splash too and made her paper on the final trial the school allowed. She is now serving. I don't think you should worry about how you are studying with your juniors - that's a victim mentality and is the major reason for your depression.
The day you drop your victim mentality is the day you would rise above your situation. You need to tell yourself, that you let YOU down and then promise SELF to learn from the situation and make something positive out of it by passing the course(s)
Your parents will be disappointed? Yes, as they should be. No one loves their children failing since they have to also bear the burden of paying your school fees again. Take that as a motivating factor.

Long story short: This situation aint worth your life

3 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by MythAngel: 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
If u bent on comitin ths enous act. Then y nt get useful. . Gv out ur kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, and al vital organs in ur body @ least u wont go in waste bt of charity . . .Mtchew evrybody here got one depresin episode or d otha . .And we al stil laugh. . .U thnk educatn is d purpose u alive? . . Look ppl wtout educatn hav fulfilin lives. . So nw d worth of ur whole life is jst a degree? Abeg learn 4m us wo had receivd d pali. .

5 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
Messi was an slowpoke by birth... where z he today?
Don jazzy sold pure water.. he's d boss in music production.
chill out bro.. God give u opportunity...better use am wisely.. bad times dont last forever..

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by fellowbeing(m): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Enoquin:
I never had a carry over whilst in school. The thing is I didn't love all my courses and studied more for the courses I disliked because I couldn't bear the thought of having to re-write any course especially the ones I disliked, that was a part motivator.

I won't say I know how you feel but I do know this: My sister's friend was a splash too and made her paper on the final trial the school allowed. She is now serving. I don't think you should worry about how you are studying with your juniors - that's a victim mentality and is the major reason for your depression.
The day you drop your victim mentality is the day you would rise above your situation. You need to tell yourself, that you let YOU down and then promise SELF to learn from the situation and make something positive out of it by passing the course(s)
Your parents will be disappointed? Yes, as they should be. No one loves their children failing since they have to also bear the burden of paying your school fees again. Take that as a motivating factor.

Long story short: This situation aint worth your life

What of my mum, how am I going to tell her, vigils after vigils just to make sure her firstborn makes it in life. Practically she was the only one that supported me when it happened the first time.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by kelvine(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
@ sigmundfreud

For you to chose Sigmundfreud as moniker you must be well grounded in philosophy. Possibly Sigmund Freud is your role model.
I understand the challenge with debating with a philosopher, you guys are so deep and have a variety of ready quotations in defense of every controversial issue.

But then hear my view......

I have never had a close encounter with anyone who ended up killing themselves, I only feel a man desperate enough to contemplate suicide is either mentally challenged or spiritually disturbed. Such disturbances would rub the individual the freedom of sharing his intent with people who will most likely prevent them.

I have been following the news, it is common amongst disappointed lovers. They would quietly carry out their actions unnoticed in a manner too sudden to be brought online.

It is only in movies I hear people have time to write suicide notes.

Well, thanks for sharing, I have learned something new from you.

[quote author=sigmundfreud post=36273508]
That's so not true and part of the public misconception about suicide

3 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Horllamideh(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
fellowbeing:

Thanks bro, but you said borrowed courses meaning electives, the two courses are compulsory and are departmental courses.
Since both are departmental courses,a visit to the HOD can clear your fears.....nothing is impossible for God my brotha

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by eightsin(m): 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Op, what do you intend using? I can mail either rope, otapiapia or knife.

Because of spillover, u wanna kill yasef.
Abeg go parkwell.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by caesaraba(m): 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
fellowbeing:

Sir, I will be spilling for the second time. Funny enough, it is not as if I wasn't the brilliant, especially during my 200L and 100L days. It all started second semester 200L.

Dude, keep calm and forget that suicide thing. Trust me, an extra year (Spill/splash/Kaboom) would look like tiny drop of water in an ocean the moment you get out of school. There's so much life ahead of you to live that when you look back to this period, you'll burst out laughing. You'll get out of school and then realize that 2 extra sessions doesn't really look that long when compared to how far-behind you imagined you'd be during the struggle. Stay, strong, keep your head up and tell your parents early enough about what's happened. They'll give you even more support sef. That much I'm sure of. Remember, family is always on your team. Them get ur back gon. Forget that killing thing ko.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Screwface(m): 11:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
fellowbeing:

You don't understand what I'm facing. I almost got myself a mouth watering job last year if not for the set back. I don't think I can cope again. What is keeping alive now is a promise made by someone that he can help in waving the course.

You almost? My final year project was so good I was offered a scholarship in Brazil, but for the extra year and uncertainty. My supervisor is still in that country at the moment, directly and indirectly because of that project I worked and sweated out for.

I still insist, whatever you are passing through right now isn't enough reason for you to commit suicide. Just man up, and try to do things differently.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ednut1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
rip in advance undecided, the same parents u mentioned what will your suicide do to them continue o
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by MythAngel: 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
fellowbeing:

What of my mum, how am I going to tell her, vigils after vigils just to make sure her firstborn makes it in life. Practically she was the only one that supported me when it happened the first time.

surely by dying would only put d vigils into more waste than ever before. . . .

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by TMILewin: 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
If you are going to kill yourself why annouce it then get over with it................ Btw

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by nelogee7(m): 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
You be small pikin? wetin u dey wait for kill your self fast.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by raayah(f): 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
MythAngel:
If u bent on comitin ths enous act. Then y nt get useful. . Gv out ur kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, and al vital organs in ur body @ least u wont go in waste bt of charity . . .Mtchew evrybody here got one depresin episode or d otha . .And we al stil laugh. . .U thnk educatn is d purpose u alive? . . Look ppl wtout educatn hav fulfilin lives. . So nw d worth of ur whole life is jst a degree? Abeg learn 4m us wo had receivd d pali. .

Depression is a legitimate sickness. There is a chemical inbalance in his brain.

This is not how you talk to suicidal people. You listen to them. Let them air their grievances and then let them see hope.

Suicide is usually a product of hopelessness. The Op is hopeless. He does not see a light at the end of the tunnel. His feelings are valid.

I dont think anyone here is qualified to talk to op except a trained counselor. Unfortunately, there is Nigeria where mental illness are stigmatized.

All we have to do now is to show OP the light. Try to tell him that there is hope. Share positive stories, give relevant advice.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jauntty: 11:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
fellowbeing:
I will kill myself on Wednesday

I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening. The pressure is just too much. I am the first born of my parent.
I know you would not, so get over it dude.

Public Sympathy or Suicide will not change ur grades, you ll be double screwed.

Sorry am harsh but you r not the first to fail and you wouldn't be d last. Infact, life after school will present situation where you win some and you fail some. So how many Suicide wuld you be able to commit?!! (if dat was possible)

My advice :

Dust your arse and your books. And even if you have to beg or pay ur 'junior' to coach you, then get over any pride and do so.

Sympathy wouldn't do you any much good except to massage your Ego

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ghidefemi(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2015
Relax and try again..... Even if you grad now, job no dey for u at the moment.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ManTiger(m): 12:47am On Jul 26, 2015
@fellowbeing: my brother, don't end it that way. The pain you will cause your loved ones will be more than what causes your death.

God is always the answers.

He has a plan for your life.

If you're truly born_again, then he's with you in this trying times.

Be strong!
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by blaze2cool(m): 12:48am On Jul 26, 2015
Wait ooooo you sure say this guy won die...........?

Bro pls go ahead and die jare......bet me na hell fire u go land straight

Though i know how you feel,
Me too i have been in such situation but
didnt even thought about taking my own life
what i did was to work it out

Dear brother i know its hard for u right now
Kindly go close to the mirrow in your house
what ever you see in the mirrow...
i know you will see the reflection of your self
at first give yourself a dirty slap
secondly smiled and shake your head with this word

IT IS WELL IN JESUS NAME!

if you like say amen ......olodo.com
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by blaze2cool(m): 12:50am On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:
I will kill myself on Wednesday if am not able to sort this out. I'm tired of this life even though people around believe all is well with me. I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin. I am a spill over student due for graduation last year. I had 2 courses for first semester and 5 courses for second semester, including project. I really tried my best this year, so that I can graduate. The trauma, depression, studying with my juniors, O God, after stressing myself reading day and night, preparing hard and settling project issues, just to discover that I failed 2 courses in second semester. I will now splash, not again. I am pressing some buttons IF the courses can be waved. I discovered that I failed the two on friday after checking my results at the level adviser's office. How will I inform my parents? I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening. The pressure is just too much. I am the first born of my parent. They are expecting the good news not the splash news again, not after supporting me for a year.

Wait ooooo you sure say this guy won die...........?

Bro pls go ahead and die jare......bet me na hell fire u go land straight

Though i know how you feel,
Me too i have been in such situation but
didnt even thought about taking my own life
what i did was to work it out

Dear brother i know its hard for u right now
Kindly go close to the mirrow in your house
what ever you see in the mirrow...
i know you will see the reflection of your self
at first give yourself a dirty slap
secondly smiled and shake your head with this word

IT IS WELL IN Jesus NAME!

if you like say amen ......olodo.com
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Jengbetiele: 3:24am On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:
I will kill myself on Wednesday if am not able to sort this out. I'm tired of this life even though people around believe all is well with me. I am a 23 year old undergraduate of University of Ilorin. I am a spill over student due for graduation last year. I had 2 courses for first semester and 5 courses for second semester, including project. I really tried my best this year, so that I can graduate. The trauma, depression, studying with my juniors, O God, after stressing myself reading day and night, preparing hard and settling project issues, just to discover that I failed 2 courses in second semester. I will now splash, not again. I am pressing some buttons IF the courses can be waved. I discovered that I failed the two on friday after checking my results at the level adviser's office. How will I inform my parents? I don't have a choice than to just end this if nothing can be done before Wednesday evening. The pressure is just too much. I am the first born of my parent. They are expecting the good news not the splash news again, not after supporting me for a year.

Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program i was doing was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science passionately disliked the program. It was called SLT then. Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what i am saying. My dad happens to be a staff of the University, so i told him about the poor grades, everything i heard about the program, and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students dont want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so i kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level(final year) then with alot of carry overs.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when i complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how i took my transcript and returned to 200level in another school entirely when i ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti as a result of this, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when i got to the new school, my own younger brother who i happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, i sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to the best student in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though i wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons i learnt?. I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, i began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that i had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters and i ended finishing top 5 out of the class of about 300.

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what?, I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if i had committed suicide then? . Would i have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What i am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about comming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. Brother, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!

69 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by stchinedu: 3:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Do you love your parents ?
Do you love your siblings?
Do you love your family?

Just think of what your action (suicide) will put them through.

You dont expect them to carry you up, kill a cow and call all your freinds and the neighbours to celebrate that their son failed again.

However, your parents will sure be glad to hear your splash story coming directly from you their son and future hope than to hear your suicide story from another person.

Please!!! Don't ACT when you are confused or desperate, just relax and pray. There is always a way when you put your trust in God.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by stchinedu: 3:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program i was doing was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science passionately disliked the program. It was called SLT then. Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they call us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what i am saying. My dad happens to be a staff of the University, so i told him about the poor grades, everything i heard about the program, and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students dont want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so i kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program, so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level(final year) then with alot of carry overs.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when i complained 3 years earlier. He said he would want me to transfer. That was how i took my transcript and returned to 200level in another school entirely when i ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti. I was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when i got to the new school, my own younger brother who i happened to be ahead of him by 3years became my senior in the new school. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, i sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. I was the best student in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though i wasn't given any certificate after five years but i learnt life lessons those years. I changed my attitude to my new classmates and humbled myself to a fault. Above all, i began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that i had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters and i ended finishing top 5 out of the class of about 300.

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by the university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada. Because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what, I even got two scholarships from two different university and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if i had committed suicide then? . Would i have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What i am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Everybody successful people had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about comming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. Brother, it is never how far, but how well. and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!

Please OP, READ THIS TESTIMONY. I BELIEVE IT WILL HELP YOU POSITIVELY.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by 2oddMASTER: 4:24am On Jul 26, 2015
fellowbeing:
so u want to kill ya self abi? Op how wud u feel when u are in HELL after committing suicide,and your mum out of frustration of losing her FOOLISH SON,decide to kill her self by drinking lot of......................................................................... red wine with plenty goat meat pepper soup at your FUNERAL.#failureisnotanexcuse. Ur aim is this world is not school but #GOD #peace
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by mercielizzie(f): 4:33am On Jul 26, 2015
If you are in the faculty of life /physical sciences,education or humanities, consider it done. Drop ur details privately

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Clearsure(m): 5:04am On Jul 26, 2015
Please don't make any terrible decision when you are sad and confuse about your present ordeal.
Great people or people who are destined for greater responsibility alway encounter chanllenge on their way to apex.
I suggest you inform your parents of this,since they are aware of your first barrier,,perhaps they could be of help prayer wise and financially.
Man you need money for this course to be appease.
We can't afford to lose any Nairalander in this cheap but expensive life certainly not your parents also.wishing you healthy solution
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by gbadexy(m): 5:19am On Jul 26, 2015
sigmundfreud:
...can we talk? Will pm you shortly.

Suicide is no joke people... and verbalising intent is a serious issue.
Intelligent people never take suicide as a joke.
most suicidal people try to cry out for help.
Different people have different levels of managing issues. Some have higher endurance level than others.
so i don't take such cry for help as attention seeking rather as a cry for help and listening ear

4 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by 9aijaboi(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2015
It's so painful bro but learn to be patient cos everything happens for a reason and there are particular lessons to be learnt at every stage in life... Life is precious so don't ever loose it for any reason #itwillbealright
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by fellowbeing(m): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2015
mercielizzie:
If you are in the faculty of life /physical sciences,education or humanities, consider it done. Drop ur details privately

I'm in faculty of life sciences, I will PM you.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2015
I am the 4th child in my house. I met my Eldest Bro in the university, graduated and served! Yet he had not graduated. He left 2 years after me.
Now, Dude has a job for over 2yrs now while I just got one 2 months ago!!
Stay strong! An extra year is not the end of the world!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by olafum1(m): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2015
I never knew nairalanders got sense like this o. Anyway, a lot have been said bro. Believe in ur self and give more time to God for His help also
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by bluntspade: 7:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Pm me if u like yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2015
Wondering if I had killed myself when I had similar issues...
Anyways OP, felt as useless as you are feeling now.
I felt like a disappointment to all those that knew me well.
But the only difference is that I didn't feel like killing myself.. I felt tomorrow might have something to offer....

Miracles happened ... Wont bore you with long epistles
Now when I go through my university lecturers articles I just say to myself "was this written by a lecturer?"
Now I feel good about me, I mean everything has changed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Monifa Phillip, Black Woman Graduate From University Of Glasgow, PhD In Physics / Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward. / Does First Class Degree Guarantee One A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.