Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday (32340 Views)

I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself / OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by gbadexy(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
I feel the poster above @ oyetpel .I was once in that shoe. Infact I didn't graduate. I just left because of prerequisite courses in my department and its not just about clearing outstanding carryovers but you have to pass a certain course in one level to register for some courses in higher level. So you could have an extra year from second year failing a chemistry or bch course as you won't be able to do the major courses in third year without passing them.
The thing is that many people that you don't even notice know when you gained admission and people are expecting to see you in nysc uniform after certain years.
I've since started my own business and I can't count how many chemistry and chemical engineers and countless other people including senior colleague in the business that graduated from biochemistry u didn't finish that have contacted me to train them on paint production.
I even have much matured men all graduates that served in nysc that work for me.
My candid advice is to come out clean with your parents that you will surely graduate but there are some courses that are giving you problem that you gave to pass first so that they are prepared. They will eventually know later and by preparing them, you will lessen the disappointment.
People in similar situation should continue with the course and find some jobs or business to engage in because chances of working with a third class degree isn't too bright.
Once your parents are aware that you have some outstanding courses that may delay you and come to terms with it ( which they have little choice on after initial gra gra) then that's all that matters.

Funny enough, there was a day my mum was lamenting and complaining, I told her what she expected me to do, that should I commit suicide, that shut her up.
Your parents would rather have you alive and start over again than you kill yourself. That's a double loss to them. You didn't justify their investment in you and you deprive them of a child.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Okwoseh(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
CAN SOMEBODY REWRITE CARRY OVER COURSE AFTER TEN YEARS OF GRADUATION?HAD ONE CARRY OVER 1ST SEM EXAM 2005 BEFOR I TRAVELLED OUT
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jackpot(f): 5:19am On Aug 01, 2015
oyetpel:
Mayb he's busy with some other things.
Am currently in fellowbeing shoe, too many carry over courses, very low grade...but am not planning 2 kill myself.
Since i know without aving degree, then there is no looking for job for me. Am currently trying my hands on some ideas to set out as an entrepreneur nd get my own job, earn my own money, get a family and have a good life. Cos i dont understand wats going wit my acada again. My problem now is my parents, they dont know about my problems, their thinking is i will graduate nd serve dis year, i just hope God give me d wisdom nd strength as am going tru dis dilemma.
Just always think abt how i av wasted 5yrs in schl.........
No Suicide tho.....
maybe you didn't choose the right course. Think.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jackpot(f): 5:21am On Aug 01, 2015
Okwoseh:
CAN SOMEBODY REWRITE CARRY OVER COURSE AFTER TEN YEARS OF GRADUATION?HAD ONE CARRY OVER 1ST SEM EXAM 2005 BEFOR I TRAVELLED OUT
Have you graduated? Or your set (without you) graduated?

I'm confused because nothing concerns a graduate with rewriting a carry-over.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ikbnice(m): 6:39am On Aug 01, 2015
pls, is the OP dead already? I couldnt find the news in the dailies.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jackpot(f): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2015
ikbnice:
pls, is the OP dead already? I couldnt find the news in the dailies.
meanie. Well, sorry to burst your bubbles. I checked his profile and it reads ''Last seen: 8:36pm On Aug 01''

I guess our friend fellowbeing is making use of his head after all. *happy*

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ikbnice(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2015
jackpot:
meanie. Well, sorry to burst your bubbles. I checked his profile and it reads ''Last seen: 8:36pm On Aug 01''

I guess our friend fellowbeing is making use of his head after all. *happy*

i av been tinkin of creatin a thread on him bt thank God he finally decided to live.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by fellowbeing(m): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2015
Just discovered nothing is worth dying for. Thanks for the encourage and advice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ayokunlei(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2015
fellowbeing:
Just discovered nothing is worth dying for. Thanks for the encourage and advice.
thanks to God

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by harsysky(m): 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
fellowbeing:
Thank God He has delivered you. Many had been in your shoes, Some died aNd some lived. You're among those that have lived. I praise God on ur behalf.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jackpot(f): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
ikbnice:

i av been tinkin of creatin a thread on him bt thank God he finally decided to live.
I'm skeptic that you wanted to create the thread not because that you're care (why should you?), but probably you wanted to be the first ''journalist'' to break the news! angry

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by ikbnice(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
jackpot:
I'm skeptic that you wanted to create the thread not because that you're care (why should you?), but probably you wanted to be the first ''journalist'' to break the news! angry
u ar right abt the latter

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jackpot(f): 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
ikbnice:
u ar right abt the latter
I like your sincerity.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by FincoApps(m): 4:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Me too grin. Truly, there's nothing wrong
jackpot:
I like your sincerity.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
jackpot:
sad thing is that he might have taken his own life. Remember it is now past Wednesday. He hasn't logged on too! shocked

Whoa
cry
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
oyetpel:
Mayb he's busy with some other things.
Am currently in fellowbeing shoe, too many carry over courses, very low grade...but am not planning 2 kill myself.
Since i know without aving degree, then there is no looking for job for me. Am currently trying my hands on some ideas to set out as an entrepreneur nd get my own job, earn my own money, get a family and have a good life. Cos i dont understand wats going wit my acada again. My problem now is my parents, they dont know about my problems, their thinking is i will graduate nd serve dis year, i just hope God give me d wisdom nd strength as am going tru dis dilemma.
Just always think abt how i av wasted 5yrs in schl.........
No Suicide tho.....

Hugs.....
Good guy
Believe me, getting a uni degree is not the only route to having a successful life
Tell them...your family that is, on some level they may know you are not all right....love is that deep

I like your spirit...and I know deep down you will be successful
Cheers
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
fellowbeing:

This has made my month!
HUGE HUGS
God bless your life
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by jackpot(f): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2015
milychocs:

Whoa
cry
Don't get too excited, sis. He didn't take that route again. lipsrsealed
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program i was doing was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science passionately disliked the program. It was called SLT then. Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what i am saying. My dad happens to be a staff of the University, so i told him about the poor grades, everything i heard about the program, and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students dont want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so i kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level(final year) then with alot of carry overs.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when i complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how i took my transcript and returned to 200level in another school entirely when i ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti as a result of this, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when i got to the new school, my own younger brother who i happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, i sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to the best student in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though i wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons i learnt?. I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, i began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that i had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters and i ended finishing top 5 out of the class of about 300.

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what?, I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if i had committed suicide then? . Would i have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What i am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about comming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. Brother, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!
bro please how can i go intto such graduate program? Please help a brother so i dont start contemplating suicide like this my brother. waiting for ur response...
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by mickey45: 12:50am On Aug 19, 2015
crystalzoe:
hello dear pls u need to b strong. I was once in ur shoes it took me almost 9yrs to graduate from a 5yr program. it wasn't funny. I carried ova some courses from 100 level to final year I kept writing them every year. u can imagine what that did to my cgpa. I finally escaped with a 3rd class but God who gives beauty for ashes restored me
I got a job during my 2nd extra year. d pay was low but the skills and experience I gained is what is feeding me today. after years of shame I can actually look back and laugh. my course mates can't believ that I'm actually practising. pls its beta to tell ur folks abt d spill than for them to see ur corpse I assure u its not worth it. uniilorin cannot break u. pls u can rise above this.

Everyone's path differs, the beautiful thing is that some of your "highflyer" classmates may be envying you right now...
except it's not the right thing to do as it might mean they're ignoring what God has placed in their own hands and are busy coveting another's.

Your's is actually one of the many "contrarian" stories..
Had a classmate then who even though spilled for two years, already had a whole training outfit running an aspect of the course.

Had another who was already shuttling btw the U.S n Nigeria, yet met him in Final year.

Maturity is why some of us didn't look down on them then...
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2015
How are you @ fellowbeing darling?
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by fellowbeing(m): 5:49am On Oct 15, 2015
Im trying to be fine.Thanks
milychocs:
How are you @ fellowbeing darling?

2 Likes

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
fellowbeing:
Im trying to be fine.Thanks

(Sends you a thousand e-hugs)
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Postivechange: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Don't be discouraged, draw close to your creator, the one that have the Master plan for your life and he will give you direction and purpose. We all have failed at one point or the other. Don't be discouraged, lift up your head and stand tall, you are special in a unique way.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 24, 2015
If i am not mistaken you were admitted in 2011, i could remember vividly that i apply for admission that same year in unilorin with good utme score and 74 in post utme but not admitted, you got the admission then and because of some problem, you thought of killing yourself. I SHOULD SPANK YOU

all these while just done with my ND and so happy about it, you guys dont know that it is a different game outside of school...

NOTE: KNOW YOUR PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT.

THE TRUEST TEST OF INTEGRITY IS IT BLUNT REFUSAL TO BE COMPROMISE.

If you still chose to kill yourself, pls say me hi to my grandparents.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
Okwoseh:
There is a possibility you can write and get your certificate..
There is something called "retroactive deferment of studies" go to the school, make a strong case why you left the school without deferment and apply.. They will have a siting and possibly allow you do the course and maybe few more courses as there might be some changes in the department.
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Abbey2sam:

i graduated in 2012,(actually it should have been 2010)

i'm yet to get my result
yet to serve

and you think your problem is bigger than mine, as far as i'm concern you don't even have a problem ........just two years, mine is five this year
though school went on three years strike

its well bro, have pity on your parents and live for them if you don't want to live for yourself
The funny thing about life is that when you think you are in a problem or you feel you are going through a lot, there are so many people out there that are in a far greater problem than you and you will just have to do nothing but give thanks to almighty God. When I was in my final year, I had about 7 carryovers to attend to . I kept thinking of how I was going to graduate because i couldnt just imagine having an extra year. When I saw a friends course form a particular day, I saw about 15 carryover courses in the course form ( the course I did , there was usually enough space/ units to register as much carryover courses as it can Carry in your final year). I said to myself, do I really have any cause to worry? Live goes on, what will be will be. Honestly , how I managed to graduate that year still remains a mystery. I don't know how I graduated and I don't want to know. Some things are better left unsaid.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by fellowbeing(m): 4:06am On Oct 22, 2016
At the end of the day, it is testimony. Thanks to y'all.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2016
fellowbeing:
At the end of the day, it is testimony. Thanks to y'all.
You've finally been freed?
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by fellowbeing(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

You've finally been freed?

I just finished orientation camp
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2016
fellowbeing:

Congratulations
Re: I Will Kill Myself On Wednesday by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2016
fellowbeing:

Congratulations
Had you killed yourself, you wouldn't have had this opportunity. Life is all about patience dear. Its not a matter of how far but how well. Even if you didn't finish well, believe there's always light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so happy for you. Where did you serve?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Monifa Phillip, Black Woman Graduate From University Of Glasgow, PhD In Physics / Ban Of Naira Atm Usage Abroad – A Perfect Way Forward. / Does First Class Degree Guarantee One A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.