Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa (24824 Views)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / 6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

An Atheistic constitutional amendment done and implemented by an Atheistic Govt run by Atheists...to kill in the name of Atheism.
Hahahahaha sorry bob, you have no case... Go grab a book and read what government is smiley
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

[b][i[You know for me to list out the atrocities committed by the church and popes through out history ranging from the killing of the knight templars and countess others won't clear the fact that the action of an individual molesting a child is bad.

Those atheist molesting kids all do so as their own individual action and it has nothing to do with atheists because atheism is not doctrine or dogma or religion, just a name labeled to people who lack belief in Gods.

Their actions are as bad as that of the catholic priests who do same in the sacristy with little altar boys all over the world of which airs in the news everyday.

But the actions of these priests are all actions of individuals and have nothing to do with other catholics or catholicism so too does the action of one atheist the sole doing of that atheist and has nothing to do with concept of atheism.

Learn to attribute individual behaviours on the individual and stop stereotyping these half baked childish fallacies. [/i][/b
My initial statement was that Atheists kill and molest children and justify it...and I have given clear examples of Nambla and Atheistic Govt...there are many more examples.

the moment a Christian tells you "it is right for me to molest a child," he has begun to chart his way out of Christianity. That is heresy!
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

My initial statement was that Atheists kill and molest children and justify it...and I have given clear examples of Nambla and Atheistic Govt...there are many more examples.
And by so doing you stereotyped by attributing individual and political actions to a whole. . . . Nambla movement is a movement that involves both theist and atheist, these are individual ideological and orientation and has nothing to do with belief or unbelief in a deity... Even the nambla movement claimed to recruit through the catholic church.

Several catholic priests molest young boys yet the church extinguishes and shields them. . . Stop attributing the Nambla movement which is made up of both theist and atheist to the unbelief tilt.

You have been shown how government deals with constitutional charter which in turn is the politics of a state..

the moment a Christian tells you "it is right for me to molest a child," he has begun to chart his way out of Christianity. That is heresy!
You have to tell that to the christian members of Nambla and also to the pedophile priests that molest young boys in the sacristy all over the globe.

Simple the actions of these few does not equate Christianity and so it will wrong to attribute the actions of these individuals to Christianity.

Atheism is not a religion or doctrine, its just a position of unbelief. . . So people who act of their orientation or ideologies in the state of unbelief do so at their own accord ..

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
And you keep showing you are not well at all..

"They helped developed the modern idea of scientific method not SCIENCE in essense"

We are talking about SCIENCE not scientific method... There is an obvious distinction between SCIENCE and SCIENTIFIC METHODS. scientific methods are just methods of scientific application of which we have many!

Seems Wikipedia english confuses you a lot.... Even more so many scientific methods have been in play since the ancient times..

During the ancient times egypt had a school "The egyptian mystery school" which formulated most of the scientific knowledge you have now Biology, Physics, Alchemy, Mathematics, Astrology, even medical sciences and others. And this school produced the likes Imhotep, Pythagoras even plato....

Stop confusing yourself with the linguistic addition of the word science with the concept of SCIENCE or should should i now say NATURAL PHILOSOPHY so you don't keep confusing yourself

Science in the modern sense of the word, refers mainly to the Scientific method that Roger Bacon developed.

The real breakthrough in the development of the scientific method, however, came from a man named Roger Bacon. Roger Bacon (1214-1294) was an English philosopher often considered the 'Father of the Scientific Method'. Bacon's contribution to the development of the scientific method stems from his emphasis on experimentation. Bacon suggested scientific truth could be found out through the cycle of observation, hypothesis, experimentation, and independent verification.

http://study.com/academy/lesson/bacon-descartes-the-scientific-method.html

This one is not
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

Science in the modern sense of the word, refers mainly to the Scientific method that Roger Bacon developed.

The real breakthrough in the development of the scientific method, however, came from a man named Roger Bacon. Roger Bacon (1214-1294) was an English philosopher often considered the 'Father of the Scientific Method'. Bacon's contribution to the development of the scientific method stems from his emphasis on experimentation. Bacon suggested scientific truth could be found out through the cycle of observation, hypothesis, experimentation, and independent verification.

http://study.com/academy/lesson/bacon-descartes-the-scientific-method.html

This one is not
[b]And your copy and pastes still proves you wrong all the time... Scientific Method is not Science in general. . .

Roger Bacon played an important role in the development of MODERN scientific METHOD but there were still ancient scientific methods in play before then.

Observation, experimentation were all part of the ancient Scientific method which still are maintained in this modern scientific method.

When you pick up a pythgoras theorem just know that pythagoras helped develop mathematics but was not the inventor of mathematics or even the theorem itself

So boy pick up a book and stop disgracing yourself by asserting the church invented science when science (Natural philosophy) predates it by thousands of years.

By the way i like the fact you agree Bacon was a philosopher further buttress my point and teachings to you in the other thread that both theology( religion) and science (Natural philosophy) are all off shoots of the noble art of Philosophy smiley

You really need to step up your game and study more.. i recommend you go to a seminary it will do you a lot of good study wise ... lol
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]And by so doing you stereotyped by attributing individual and political actions to a whole. . . . Nambla movement is a movement that involves both theist and atheist, these are individual ideological and orientation and has nothing to do with belief or unbelief in a deity... Even the nambla movement claimed to recruit through the catholic church.

I didn't stereotype. I gave irrefutable examples of Atheists justifying their crimes...some in the name of Atheism.

johnydon22:

[i]You have to tell that to the christian members of Nambla and also to the pedophile priests that molest young boys in the sacristy all over the globe.

I will tell any Christian who justifies his sin as "right" that he is a heretic. I haven't seen a pedophile priest claim to be right yet.

johnydon22:

Simple the actions of these few does not equate Christianity and so it will wrong to attribute the actions of these individuals to Christianity.
Simple. Christianity teaches the contrary.

johnydon22:

Atheism is not a religion or doctrine, its just a position of unbelief. . . So people who act of their orientation or ideologies in the state of unbelief do so at their own accord ..

Yes, those Atheists kill in the name of Atheism...on their own.
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]And your copy and pastes still proves you wrong all the time... Scientific Method is not Science in general. . .

Roger Bacon played an important role in the development of MODERN scientific METHOD but there were still ancient scientific methods in play before then.

Observation, experimentation were all part of the ancient Scientific method which still are maintained in this modern scientific method.

When you pick up a pythgoras theorem just know that pythagoras helped develop mathematics but was not the inventor of mathematics or even the theorem itself

So boy pick up a book and stop disgracing yourself by asserting the church invented science when science (Natural philosophy) predates it by thousands of years.

By the way i like the fact you agree Bacon was a philosopher further buttress my point and teachings to you in the other thread that both theology( religion) and science (Natural philosophy) are all off shoots of the noble art of Philosophy smiley

You really need to step up your game and study more.. i recommend you go to a seminary it will do you a lot of good study wise ... lol
[/b]

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by free37: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmm...
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by aminae: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
HOW TO IDENTIFY TRUE RELIGION.

• True worshippers respect the Bible as God’s Word. They strive to live by its principles. So true religion differs from religion that is based on men’s ideas. (Matthew 15:7-9) True worshippers do not preach one thing and practice another.—Read John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

• Jesus’ true followers honor God’s name, Jehovah. Jesus honored God’s name by making it known. He helped people to know God and taught them to pray that God’s name be sanctified. (Matthew 6:9) Where you live, which religion makes God’s name known?—Read John 17:26; Romans 10:13, 14.

• True Christians preach about God’s Kingdom. God sent Jesus to preach the good news of the Kingdom. God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Jesus continued speaking about it until his dying day. (Luke 4:43; 8:1; 23:42, 43) He said that his followers would preach about it. If someone approaches you to speak about God’s Kingdom, to which religion does he likely belong?—Read Matthew 24:14.

• Jesus’ followers are no part of this wicked world. You can recognize them by the way they take no part in politics or social conflicts. (John 17:16; 18:36) Also, they do not imitate the world’s harmful practices and attitudes.—Read James 4:4.

• True Christians have outstanding love for one another. From God’s Word, they learn to respect all ethnic groups. Although false religions have often strongly supported the wars of the nations, true worshippers refuse to do so. (Micah 4:1-3) Rather, true Christians unselfishly use their time and resources to help and encourage others.—Read John 13:34, 35; 1 John 4:20

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by adsonstone: 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

Here are some of the evils of the Catholic Church:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_health_care

To be cntd...
italo:

During the Middle Ages, the Church founded Europe's first universities, producing scholars like Robert Grosseteste, Albert the Great, Roger Bacon and Thomas Aquinas, who helped establish scientific method
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science

Keep dancing around.

Who's dancing around, you or I?
Ignorance is truly killing you.

Adult roman catholic, keep reveling in self deceit, lies and hypocrisy...in public, you're well known for that.
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

I didn't stereotype. I gave irrefutable examples of Atheists justifying their crimes...some in the name of Atheism.
Hahahahaha so you showed us where the atheist scripture stipulated that thou shall commit crime. . ? wink

The thing is you can never attribute an individual crime to atheism because atheism is not a doctrine or religion just a state of unbelief.. This is like saying: "John terry slept with someone's wife, therefore that action is the evil of football" You don't even know how silly you sound

I will tell any Christian who justifies his sin as "right" that he is a heretic. I haven't seen a pedophile priest claim to be right yet.
Nobody have accused the church of being pedophiliac because it is just the actions of a few.. And as you know atheism is not a doctrinal position that has any rule..

It simply is "you dont believe in deities then the label for you is atheist." so any action perpetrated by an atheist is sorely an individual action and has nothing to do with the position of unbelief or belief.

Simple. Christianity teaches the contrary.
[b][i]..
It takes a pedophile to commit pedophilia. .

Yes, those Atheists kill in the name of Atheism...on their own.
Oh not this childish defence again..

Alright then show us an atheist creed or doctrine followed by atheist to justify or lay basis to their actions, just like i can show you the bible commandments cool

If you cant then it only shows actions of people has nothing to do with their position of unbelief because there are no doctrines or law in unbelief

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

We are talking about SCIENCE (Natural philosophy so as not to confuse the young ones like you) We are not talking about scientific methods.

Stop disgracing yourself and degrading the intellect of catholics by not knowing the difference between SCIENCE and scientific methods let alone modern scientific method...

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by freecocoa(f): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

And the day any atheist tells you its okay to molest and kill children, he is deviated from atheism, that's a lie, that's not atheism.

Like why can't you use your brain? How hard is that?

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by freecocoa(f): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha so you showed us where the atheist scripture stipulated that thou shall commit crime. . ? wink

The thing is you can never attribute an individual crime to atheism because atheism is not a doctrine or religion just a state of unbelief.. This is like saying: "John terry slept with someone's wife, therefore that action is the evil of football" You don't even know how silly you sound

Nobody have accused the church of being pedophiliac because it is just the actions of a few.. And as you know atheism is not a doctrinal position that has any rule..

It simply is "you dont believe in deities then the label for you is atheist." so any action perpetrated by an atheist is sorely an individual action and has nothing to do with the position of unbelief or belief.

[b][i]..
It takes a pedophile to commit pedophilia. .

Oh not this childish defence again..

Alright then show us an atheist creed or doctrine followed by atheist to justify or lay basis to their actions, just like i can show you the bible commandments cool

If you cant then it only shows actions of people has nothing to do with their position of unbelief because there are no doctrines or law in unbelief
Can someone really be that daft? Jeez!
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by winner01(m): 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

i'm not sure u understand the difference between the narration of ancient cultures and doctrines.

the bible digressed the customs of the jews and other civilisations, revealing them to have a lower regard for women than men.

the doctrines state clearly a woman is to be treated as an equal.
scratch that, they are to be treated as "the weaker vessel", in other words with more care and understanding.

#TryAndUnderstandStuff
www.nairaland.com/2474302/most-committed-atheists-
once-chtistians

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by marcondo13: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Emyben:

You know nothing Ms Safari.

Your post is so sickening if you really are a catholic. And if you insist that italo is brainwashed, give reasons. state too the hypocrisies you mean. Educate us

Do you know that it took a vote of plus one before a Church council decided that black people have souls? How did certain books become excluded from the Bible as the Appocrypha at a church council when only one of the members present was literate? If you are a true catholic, can you tell us what happens to a dead Pope at a secret conclave, who have been found guilty of breaking the laws of the Mother Church? Normally, the Fisherman's ring is only destroyed, but for a defaulting Pope, several fingers are also cut off! If you think that I am kidding, ask any Catholic Priest that you know!
There are issues every where in the religious circle! Muslims killing Christians and Buddhists killing Muslims! It is really a crazy world!

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by winner01(m): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

The man was an Atheist, his Govt was Atheistic, he/his govt killed millions to suppress religion and advance atheism in the country and beyond...and he/his govt justified the killings.

End of story.
You are giving these pawn atheists the arguement they crave. Give them logic, you will find that most of them are foolish and confused....
www.nairaland.com/2474302/most-committed-atheists-once-chtistians

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by menxer: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
KJV: Romans 12:2
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

is it necessary to renew our minds if the thoughts/idea(l)s held are serving us well?

is it possible to renew our thoughts without examining it critically for its merits and demerits?

how can we know the "perfect will of God" when we refuse to criticize/examine the thoughts (doctrines and dogmas) that we hold?

An un-examined thought-life is not worth living...
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
We are talking about SCIENCE (Natural philosophy so as not to confuse the young ones like you) We are not talking about scientific methods.

Stop disgracing yourself and degrading the intellect of catholics by not knowing the difference between SCIENCE and scientific methods let alone modern scientific method...

I'm talking about Science in the modern sense of the word, which mainly refers mainly to the Scientific method that Roger Bacon developed...with full observation, experimentation, verification, peer review etc

Not the science that Aristotle and others used to discover that the earth was flat...without proof.
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by iamord(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Janiwili:
Our problem is not religion but our mindset
the black mindset is naked and prone to all sort of junk. So it's very easy for us to be deceived with organised religion

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
adsonstone:

Who's dancing around, you or I?
Ignorance is truly killing you.

Adult roman catholic, keep reveling in self deceit, lies and hypocrisy...in public, you're well known for that.

What lie or hypocrisy?

That the Catholic Church invented the modern university system...

That it is the biggest Charity in the world?

That it practically invented Science when Friar Roger Bacon advanced the Scientific method at the behest of the Pope...which is the way Science is practised today?
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
freecocoa:
And the day any atheist tells you its okay to molest and kill children, he is deviated from atheism, that's a lie, that's not atheism.

Like why can't you use your brain? How hard is that?
Now this sounds like Atheism is a doctrine, Johnydon22.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

I'm talking about Science in the modern sense of the word, which mainly refers mainly to the Scientific method that Roger Bacon developed...with full observation, experimentation, verification, peer review etc

Not the science that Aristotle and others used to discover that the earth was flat...without proof.

[b]Lmao and you further castigate yourself more on your ignorance about ancient science...

First of all by mentioning SCIENCE of Aristotle era you have agreed science was before the emergence of your church even though you now misrepresented it in order to down write it.

Ancient greeks knew the earth was round, even ancient egypt and sumer knew this little fact and they had telescope to OBSERVE this and the phenomenon of star constellations.

They observed the existence of other planets and planetary rotations. . .

Pythagoras fully developed the pythagoras theorem and proved it of which am proud to say you still suffer his bullshiit in class today as SOHCAHTOA.

Egyptians had a sound knowledge of geometry evident enough in the pyramids, they even left behind writings on papyrus on Physics, biology, alchemy, astrology and so on of which many of this knowledge we still see in the classrooms.

An ancient egyptian physician imhotep performed surgery long before the emergence of greek civilization even...

SCIENCE in the ancient days had a philosophical approach and yet still had the ingredients that defines modern science now which is OBSERVATION and EXPERIMENTATION ..

You only ended up showing to be quite naive about history and ancient antiquities and science
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by johnydon22(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:
Now this sounds like Atheism is a doctrine, Johnydon22.

smiley
Its a clear misconception on her part of which is obvious..

Whether someone is good or bad has no effect or anything to do with atheism...anybody's behaviour GOOD or BAD is sorely their doing..

Atheist simply means "This guy disbelieves the existence of deities smiley
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
marcondo13:

Do you know that it took a vote of plus one before a Church council decided that black people have souls?

False. Mention the council and provide evidence.
marcondo13:

How did certain books become excluded from the Bible as the Appocrypha at a church council when only one of the members present was literate?

Which Church council? You're very ignorant.

marcondo13:

If you are a true catholic, can you tell us what happens to a dead Pope at a secret conclave, who have been found guilty of breaking the laws of the Mother Church? Normally, the Fisherman's ring is only destroyed, but for a defaulting Pope, several fingers are also cut off! If you think that I am kidding, ask any Catholic Priest that you know!
There is nothing like that. Ignoramus.

marcondo13:

There are issues every where in the religious circle! Muslims killing Christians and Buddhists killing Muslims! It is really a crazy world!

Yes. A crazy world full of crazy people who peddle false damaging stories about people and religions.
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Its a clear misconception on her part of which is obvious..

Whether someone is good or bad has no effect or anything to do with atheism...anybody's behaviour GOOD or BAD is sorely their doing..

Atheist simply means "This guy disbelieves the existence of deities smiley

Yet the Albanian constitution said the state pursues an Atheist propaganda.

smiley

And it killed for that purpose.
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by italo: 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Lmao and you further castigate yourself more on your ignorance about ancient science...

First of all by mentioning SCIENCE of Aristotle era you have agreed science was before the emergence of your church even though you now misrepresented it in order to down write it.

Ancient greeks knew the earth was round, even ancient egypt and sumer knew this little fact and they had telescope to OBSERVE this and the phenomenon of star constellations.

They observed the existence of other planets and planetary rotations. . .

Pythagoras fully developed the pythagoras theorem and proved it of which am proud to say you still suffer his bullshiit in class today as SOHCAHTOA.

Egyptians had a sound knowledge of geometry evident enough in the pyramids, they even left behind writings on papyrus on Physics, biology, alchemy, astrology and so on of which many of this knowledge we still see in the classrooms.

An ancient egyptian physician imhotep performed surgery long before the emergence of greek civilization even...

SCIENCE in the ancient days had a philosophical approach and yet still had the ingredients that defines modern science now which is OBSERVATION and EXPERIMENTATION ..

You only ended up showing to be quite naive about history and ancient antiquities and science
[/b]

Show me where Ancient Greeks ever proved that the earth was round...for starters.

Let's see who is ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
cc Dapo77
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by herald9: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

You only ended up showing to be quite naive about history and ancient antiquities and science [/i][/b]
Italo is a drowning man, he's desperately looking for a straw to clutch. What a shame.

Just let him drown in his own ignorance, it'll save you the stress.

2 Likes

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by marcondo13: 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
shalomm:

I'm Christian and Proud. but bro you just commit a blunder by saying the bolded statement of yours.... Soviet Union, North korea, Cambodia are we hearing any issue of those country legalizing gay marriage or the LGBTC community? are u saying Russia has no Christians? or aren't there christian in North Korea? shocked sad sad sad sad sad

They need to read the open letter by President Vladimir Putin of Russia to Obama about the American people losing their Christian identity! Putin and his family belongs to the Russian Othordox Church, likewise most of the apparachitiks of the Communist Party! I don't really know why people keep referring to Russia as athiest. The glastnost is over, wake up!
Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by adsonstone: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

What lie or hypocrisy?

That the Catholic Church invented the modern university system...

That it is the biggest Charity in the world?

That it practically invented Science when Friar Roger Bacon advanced the Scientific method at the behest of the Pope...which is the way Science is practised today?

It is hypocrisy when you say the roman catholic church does/has done good and evil...and you list the good and refuse to list some of the numerous evil....and even claiming to be tired to list them only for you to return in less than 12 hours with other epistles of good.

It is a lie when you allege that I'm trying to take the glory for another person's work.

It is a lie when you say that the catholic church 'invented' science.

It is a lie when you say Bacon 'invented' scientific methods when history has it that;
"Several scientific methods thus emerged from
the medieval Muslim world by the early 11th
century, all of which emphasized experimentation
as well as quantification to varying degrees."

- Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/
History_of_scientific_method

Infact, scientific methods/science has been around for over 1500years BC.

It is hypocrisy when you describe the work of priests who are scientists as 'the work of the roman Catholic church.' I wonder when a good individual work becomes the work of catholicism while evil works of priests remain their individual work.

It is hypocrisy and self deceit when you refuse to claim that catholicism is christianity yet fail to prove that Kepler and Boyle were roman catholics.

It is hypocrisy and self deceit to claim that catholicism is christianity and post that;

"According to 100 Years of Nobel Prize (2005), a
review of Nobel prizes awarded between 1901 and 2000, 65.4% of Nobel Prize Laureates, have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference (423 prizes).[84] Overall, Christians have won a total of 78.3% of all the Nobel Prizes in Peace,[85] 72.5% in Chemistry, 65.3% in Physics,[85] 62% in Medicine,[85] 54% in Economics[85] and 49.5% of all Literature awards.[85]"

Yet, you fail to prove that those 'Christians' were roman catholics.

1 Like

Re: Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa by shalomm: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
marcondo13:

They need to read the open letter by President Vladimir Putin of Russia to Obama about the American people losing their Christian identity! Putin and his family belongs to the Russian Othordox Church, likewise most of the apparachitiks of the Communist Party! I don't really know why people keep referring to Russia as athiest. The glastnost is over, wake up!

Most of them never knew that communism started from the bible....

I have never had that a Russian man is seeking to migrate from Russia because he can't practice Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Honour God With Your Substance - Pastor Adeboye / Why Do Many Sisters Want To Marry Pastors? / Free Wedding At A Catholic Church In Enugu - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.