Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

A Nairalander's Interview - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Nairalander's Interview (615 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Interview by ekaromail: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Interview With Naija's Next Best, Evbuomwan Erryck Floyd

KSB: Please tell us a little about yourself.

Erryck: My name is Evbuomwan Erryck Floyd from Benin City, Edo State. I am the last of 9 children. I attended Ebenezer primary school, Edo college and Delta State University, Abraka. (Delsu).

KSB: You are a musicologist, Music producer and musician. Impressive. How do you manage all three?

Erryck: Management is from within. Its something I'm gifted with. That aside, being a musicologist, musician and producer is almost the same thing. Its all connected. So it's kind of easy, though they require different sets of skills and talent.

KSB: When did you first get introduced to music?

Erryck: Music introduction was from my family. My family was a Family Of Musicians. Also I was introduced to music by the church. With time, I got to know a lot about both Church music and circular music.

KSB: So when did you decide to make it a career?

Erryck: Career thought came in 2007. But I didn't take it seriously until 2013.

KSB: Do you sing or do you play instruments?

Erryck: I do both

KSB: Which instruments do you play?

Erryck: I play keyboard, clarinet, recorder, drums and voice (Laughing). My voice is also an instrument and I know just how to play it.

KSB: Wow! That's a good one. Most people don't consider voice as an instrument. But it is and it needs to be played. Ok back to our question. Have you done any song or album?

Erryck: I have done a lot of songs. As for having an album, I'm close to achieving that. I am contemplating coming out with a single or a complete album (all-out).

KSB: Ok. I'm sure either way, it will be a success. So tell us, what makes your music different or special?

Erryck: My music has fusion abilities. It embraces complex chords and progression.

KSB: How far have you been able to go with promoting your music?

Erryck: I have been doing some online promotion using facebook, twitter and few other social sites. It's slow though but effective.

KSB: I saw that some of your songs earned you 4th position in reverbnation. That's very impressive. How did you pull it off?

Erryck: Yeah. It's 3rd now...

KSB: Third! Wow! Wow! Wow! Somebody is climbing to the top.

Erryck: (Chuckling). Yes I am.

KSB: Congratulations.

Erryck: Thank you. Thank you very much.

KSB: So tell us, how did that happen?

Erryck: Well, since my song is nice, people will play it twice or more (smiles). I also paid some money for online promotion too. It was worth it.

KSB: So if you get your music into first position, what will be done for you? As in, what's the reward?

Erryck: Errh... I don't know what might really happen. I'm told I might be invite for further promotion as well as a free video shoot.

KSB: (Smiles.) Lucky you. A free music Video is no joke. So what will it take to get you in first position?

Erryck: Yeah... It's not a joke but all the same, there are investors out there and they're sourcing for investment... So if my songs are good enough, then definitely I will get a sponsor.

KSB: So are your songs good?

Erryck: Yes they are. From the response I've gotten, I know people love my songs

KSB: What are your major challenges as an upcoming artist?

Erryck: Challenges...hmm.. Well, I don't really know how to connect to where it matters in Nigeria Music Industry...maybe because I'm not in some particular locations.

KSB: Are you married?

Erryck: Yes. I have a wife and a beautiful baby girl.

KSB. Nice! Does your wife support your career?

Erryck: She does. I have a track featuring her..and my baby too. (Smiles)

KSB: Great!!! I would love to hear baby sing. You know they make the best music.

Erryck: (Laughing) Yes they do.

KSB: So talking about babies, there are a lot of upcoming artistes who are babies in the game. What advice do you have for them?

Erryck: My advice is this. "Don't give up" success can only delay...which might be a good thing...

KSB: Thank you very much, Erryck for your time.

You've read it all people. Please show Erryck your support. Visit http://www.reverbnation.com/efloyd?profile_view_source=profile_box and share, like or download any of the songs. Please do this so he can make it to number one. He is really counting on you. Also, you can visit and like his facebook fan page here. http://m.facebook.com/eFloydOfficial?_rdr

http://karosstoryblog..com/2015/07/interview-with-naija-next-best.html?m=1

Re: A Nairalander's Interview by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2015
cool
Re: A Nairalander's Interview by Mancity26(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2015
Next.... D poster below me though... #funnyNation comedian
Re: A Nairalander's Interview by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:19am On Jul 26, 2015
To d posters above me:

una no dey go church or abii una no dey in good terms with God??
Re: A Nairalander's Interview by Mancity26(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
To d posters above me:

No mind dem
Re: A Nairalander's Interview by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:29am On Jul 26, 2015
Mancity26:

No mind dem
u no crious atels um.
Re: A Nairalander's Interview by frenzymirakk(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
To d posters above me:

u dey sip origin for church, cross ur leg they visit nairaland abi. God is watching u in 6d
Re: A Nairalander's Interview by Mancity26(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
u no crious atels um.
U skul for parkistan?

(1) (Reply)

Kelly Hansome - Akunatakasi / Reasons Why Many Producers Dont Last At The Top....mastercraft / [MP3] Imecaf- Lovina [prod. Ablaze]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.