Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? (9206 Views)

Are You Thinking On How To Bypass That Speed Throttling? This App Can Help / Etisalat 0.0k Working Unlimitedly With Psiphon No Speed Throttling / How To Bypass Etisalat Social Pack Speed Throttling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by bongolistik(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2015
Truth be told, I don't see any good reason why Etisalat will at particular point of data usage start throttling (reducing) your data speed.

We call for increased speed on Internet access whereas Etisalat sees need to reduce speed.

Is it that we are over speeding and they are using the speed throttling to call us to caution or what? I still can fathom why throttle speed of up to 500kb/sec to only 40kb/sec.

For me that is the thing that I hate most about the etisalat network.

It doesn't really make any sense to me but rather kills the Internet joy in using Etisalat.

How many of you are of similar opinion or you have a reason to back etisalat up?

Let's hear from you and to know whether we will take up a campaign to etisalat that will read "No to etisalat data speed throttling"

1 Like

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by sats: 8:53am On Jul 26, 2015
etisalat is blazing, this throttling you are talking about, is alien to me, etibaba now you are talking

3 Likes

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by vayne(m): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2015
sats:
etisalat is blazing, this throttling you are talking about, is alien to me, etibaba now you are talking
Then it means you are still new to etisalat.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Donsammi(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2015
Yea Etisalat speed throttling is even faster than airtel
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Warlord3000(m): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2015
Lol.. Won't comment now cheesy
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Speed throttling is done by networks mostly to keep the illusion of fast network speed by reducing bandwidth for low priority users(people checking blogs, reading online journals and carrying out text based research) while increasing bandwidth for high priority users(video streamers and downloaders). It is done mostly in cases where bandwidth is limited to begin with(no surprise here, we all know these telecom organizations are useless) so all users on the network can enjoy the same perceived speed.

[url=bongolistik]You[/url] should gain from the network implementing it unless its done to your disadvantage(mostly when using torrents). Them cutting you off torrent use would reduce stress on the network and enable the unused bandwidth get shared equally amongst other network users.
Torrent use is mostly frowned upon by internet service providers because of constant strain on their resources and the possibility of copy-right law infringement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Bro yours is even better that it count upto 40kb while mine count in 4kb or 5kb on 2g. .

When I switched to 3g network this is the answer.. .....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by myked(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Etisalat is the best, simply incomparable grin grin grin.... see my screenshot & believe. my download speed average 700kb/s

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by kazzonline: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
Make una nor nind d op,he did a tweak on etisalat snd u dey complain of slow downloads,why dont u buy a data bundke and see if its d same

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by jmichlins(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
myked:
Etisalat is the best, simply incomparable grin grin grin.... see my screenshot & believe. my download speed average 700kb/s
what plan are you using on etisalat cause this speed throttling issue is really affecting me

1 Like

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Youngpo413: 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
kazzonline:
Make una nor nind d op,he did a tweak on etisalat snd u dey complain of slow downloads,why dont u buy a data bundke and see if its d same
no wonder

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
Gbagbe oshi! Etisalat is faster than the speed of sound.

[I'm not exaggerating]

1 Like

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by dominique(f): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
There's no such thing as speed throttling on the subscription I have on Etisalat. It's the smartpak plan that throttles the internet speed after you have reached a limit.Op should do a regular subscription and your story won't remain the same.
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Segadem(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
charix:
Speed throttling is done by networks mostly to keep the illusion of fast network speed by reducing bandwidth for low priority users(people checking blogs, reading online journals and carrying out text based research) while increasing bandwidth for high priority users(video streamers and downloaders). It is done mostly in cases where bandwidth is limited to begin with(no surprise here, we all know these telecom organizations are useless) so all users on the network can enjoy the same perceived speed.

[url=bongolistik]You[/url] should gain from the network implementing it unless its done to your disadvantage(mostly when using torrents). Them cutting you off torrent use would reduce stress on the network and enable the unused bandwidth get shared equally amongst other network users.
Torrent use is mostly frowned upon by internet service providers because of constant strain on their resources and the possibility of copy-right law infringement.
chai ,u just worsen the case!
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by quazim1990: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
D Etisalat stuff is very slow mine is 10kb/s... Am using it with psiphon handler.... Any 1 using it with simple server
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by quazim1990: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
It seems 100mb is d limit.... ND d throttling is spoiling my mode.... But any way it Is beta Dan airtel 4G..... ND it has beta duration Dan mtn own
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by myked(m): 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
jmichlins:

what plan are you using on etisalat cause this speed throttling issue is really affecting me

it's Etisalat bb sub oo... . I am using it with d aid of an app called "proxydroid" (u see proxydroid in d screenshot)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by luckize: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
I nor need am
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by mikron(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Donsammi:
Yea Etisalat speed throttling is even faster than airtel
throttle speed is cutting down the speed not increase of speed, how does throttled etisalat speed faster than airtel? i dont get u
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by mikron(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
this trotthled speed of etisalat only applies to those using the N150 whatsapp data pack, it does not apply to normal data subscriptions,
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by myked(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
luckize:
pls drop ur settings lets rock it togeda o

just drop ur number lemme send em 2 u via whatsapp
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Kessythegeek(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
myked:

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Idrhas(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
myked:

abeg me self get bb subs buh no fit use am pls drop setting for me too 08096771520
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by trenlog: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
myked:

please I also need it. 08138221560
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by myked(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Kessythegeek:

I have sent em 2 u both
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by whatis1god(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
myked:

it's Etisalat bb sub oo... . I am using it with d aid of an app called "proxydroid" (u see proxydroid in d screenshot)
Please are u using the bb plan on Android?

If yes will you mind sharing the settings with me?
Just incase broh,

Whatsapp.
Thanks in advance
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by myked(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
whatis1god:

Please are u using the bb plan on Android?

If yes will you mind sharing the settings with me?
Just incase broh,

Whatsapp.
Thanks in advance

I have sent em 2 ya..
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by HzRF(m): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
myked:

I don't Mind getting the eti bb sub settings tooo

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by rahaj: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
Pls I'm also interested in the etisalat bb setting for android. My nos are 08074495344 and 08161824477. Thanks
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by Donsammi(m): 4:54am On Jul 27, 2015
mikron:
throttle speed is cutting down the speed not increase of speed, how does throttled etisalat speed faster than airtel? i dont get u
what I simply mean is that airtel is to slow

1 Like

Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by nappyboy1(m): 5:24am On Jul 27, 2015
Please bro, am interested in the setting
Re: What Is Really The Motive Behind Etisalat Internet Data Speed Throttling? by seunlayi(m): 6:08am On Jul 27, 2015
kindly send it here 08056414596 thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The "" Mtn Free Call Code"" Guy: / Etisalat Recorded The Highest Incoming Porting Activities In Q1 2017 – Ncc / Unlock Code For Etisalat Android Gaga.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.