Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu (28092 Views)

See What Prof. Dibu Ojerinde Meant By Scrapping Of Post Utme / Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying - JAMB Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2015
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying for now”. This was the response from the JAMB boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde while reacting to the recent uproar over the list of eligible candidates sent to institutions.

According To him, the reason behind this new admission policy is to help candidates not only get admission but get it on time.

Below are excerpts of the exact words of the JAMB Boss;

The big universities are overloaded. Can you imagine 8,000 students seeking for admission to study law in a university that will take only 250 candidates for law! The remaining 7750 candidates will wait endlessly and hopelessly till the end of the admission.

Or imagine 7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above 250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining 7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly, 1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted while other universities either do not have enough candidates or high scoring candidates.

Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and related courses are lacking in candidacy!

We are saying, let's give them a feel of chance somewhere else that has not gotten enough candidates by sending the names of these HIGH scorers to "needy" universities.

The names of such surplus candidates are being distributed to first Federal institutions, then State and finally Private institutions in that order depending on:
• Availability of space in other universities,
• Choice of the course of the candidate,
• The geographical Zone of the choice of the candidate, and
• Performance of the candidate.

By this approach, wastage of HIGH scores will be reduced, the fate of the candidates will be determined on time and yet the interest of their areas of study may be satisfied.
addition, the concept of selection by
• Merit,
• Catchment Area, and
• Educationally Less Developed States
Will be adequately catered for.

However, I am not saying that everyone will get admission or even get their original choice of course of study. But it is better than wasting the time, finances, and good scores of these candidates. We need to fill the available spaces as given to us by the regulatory bodies like NUC, NBTE, and NCCE.

If, however, a candidate does not want the given opportunity, it is too "baaaad".

This scenario was made clear to the institutions during the Policy meeting that took place on 14th July this year in Abuja.

Before the Policy meeting, we had discussions with the representatives of the Federal, State, and Private universities where the degree of the problems of candidates were presented and solutions were proffered. These decisions were backed up by copious statistics of applications to various universities.

Again “Father forgive them, for they know not what they are saying"

I believe that some so- called educational consultants have some hidden agenda which are being thwarted by our proactive steps. Let them know that this is a period of CHANGE. If they do not CHANGE they will be CHANGED.

Source :

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/38479/father-forgive-them-for-they-know-not-what-they-are-saying-jamb-boss-ojerinde.html

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ogunwalea(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2015
You're saying nonsense sir...... Why will you impose choices on anyone? We are all capable of learning from our failures.... We all know admission is more serious than heaven these days.....

BTW.... FTC....... For the first time ever in my life...... Pls congratulate me with your LIKES cheesy cheesy grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Sunofgod(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2015

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2015
I really don't get this, I applied for FUTO to study computer science, I checked the schools website to discover my name wasn't on the list. Then I re-printed my JAMB result slip and it still says FUTO, how do I know where I was re-posted to?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2015
Amen! Funny

I'm selling my active Twitter account with 51k followers. Serious buyers should contact 08080356868
The account is suitable for buyers looking to build blog or website traffic, market products and services or small and large businesses looking to establish an online presence. Contact me for Twitter handle, price and negotiation.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Soreza(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2015
THE WAY JAMB,Nigerian UNIVERSITIES WASTE YEARS OF STUDENTS AND AFTER THE YEARS IF LUCKY GIVE U A COURSE U NEVER WISHED FOR IS HEART BREAKING,(THE WAY JAMB JAM ME NA ONLY GOD UNDERSTAND) THANK GOD AFTER FIVE YEARS OF WAITING AM OUT.THANK GOD

7 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Jibsmth(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2015
God help

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by ademolasundayd(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015
sorry no wax...d tin pain d guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Kolade354(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015
He is damn Right!....... Many student will waste their mark while waiting to study Medicine.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by LazyTypist(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015
what if S/he is not financially buoyant hope you will take care of his/her fee?

5 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015
y
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Pavore9: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015
He makes sense.

14 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 26, 2015
Then they should reduce their fees..should I pay with my nose

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nienie(f): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
This jamb guy is vexing me o
But sha looking at it from another point of view..its not a bad idea just that he'l be forcing students to study what they dont want,people will still want to re-write jamb the upper year so whats the point??.

7 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Ojerinde is still JAMB boss?! shocked

He has occupied that position since I was in primary school. I now have a fiancee and way past due to start a family and he's still there. Na wa for africans and power.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by mickyeddi(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
7500 candidates seeking for medicine in a university. Of these 7500 candidates, 2000 scored above 250 in the UTME. The university has a carrying capacity of only 150 candidates for medicine. The remaining 7350 who scored above 200 will be wasted. Particularly, 1750 candidates who scored above 250 will be wasted while other universities either do not have enough candidates or high scoring candidates.

Courses like Biological Sciences, Agric Engineering and related courses are lacking in candidacy!

Why are Nigerians shying away from Agriculture?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
This policy shouldn't be implemented at d last hour.....y were we allowed to do COC then??
Everyone should be given a fair chance, skul's who av low number of aspirants should be d ones to invite us either we pick them or not, we shouldn't be forced to go there.
Another thing is transparency in d selection, u will see a candidate of higher mark not bin picked nd sumone with a lower mark picked for d exact same course. We should all write d post ume, nd d skul should release her dept cut offs nd if I dnt reach it, I will know its my fault.

Do u know aw many candidates will be discouraged from writing d new institution's post ume cos dey av bin preparing for Lag's post ume for months., not to talk of d new skul's location, skul fee nd what not.

Imagine jamb asking us to check back for our new institution on Aug5 when most skul's would av conducted post ume or be on d verge of conducting it?? This makes no sense at all

This is a right thing at the wrong time situation abeg.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by freesinzu(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Baba Dibu ur a genius grin

But dere should also be a platform created to help nd Assist affected students on fees nd other amenities.
#free

2 Likes

Hmm... and the guy talk sense o... buh, that policy should be after those student don miss admission to their sch of choice then you can bring that policy as a second option... which for me will help them not wasting a year at home

12 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by dapyd1(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
This development is very welcome, let high scores not waste. It is a step in the right direction. If there are available spaces for some courses, then forward the names of available candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by raziboi(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2015
tank God av written mine
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by coolestrogue(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2015
Am seeing some points here.

2 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by jauntty: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2015
Good policy

I think he'd got good and valid points.

My only concern is that the System might soon be hijacked by selfish people to suit their own agenda.

The Policy is good in theory.....the implementation is where am abit skeptical.

#team_Graduate.

8 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by crowbar(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2015
JAMB and their headaches again.
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by chii23: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2015
He meant well for the Jambites

1 Like

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Goldenheart(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2015
Probably right; He must ve thought it all through*
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by blym4real: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2015
Is he the one that will pay the tuition fee for those distributed to private universities.

14 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by samx4real(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2015
Everybody just dey book space... Na wa oh!
Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by Urchharris(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2015
To me, I think the motives is in the interest of those seeking admission. I would advise they accept it.

Except for those sent to schools they can't afford, others should just accept it, if you get admission, you can change course or apply for a direct entry into another school of your choice if you make a good CGPA. It's far better than spending years and years at home seeking admission.

Besides, in Nigeria these days, the course you read does not "always" determine your career.

8 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by cornoil(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2015
By posting students who can hardly eat to convenant, babcock, igbinedion , and other private universities. Same Dibu that enjoyed free education, same Dibu that held on to Jamb as if it's lifetime job, forgot the poverty level in Nigeria. I suspect connivance btw private universities and some elements.

7 Likes

Re: Father Forgive Them, For They Know Not What They Are Saying For Now”.. - Dibu by DailyTimes: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2015
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses / Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria / Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.