Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:22 AM

Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun (1783 Views)

IPOB Germany- The Gold In Kano Belongs To Asaba And Anambra / A Girl Died In Ilesha Prison / Akure: Eyewitness Account Of What Happened At Ilesha Garage & The Deji's Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2015
OSOGBO—All is now set for the mining of the first gold in Ilesha, in the State of Osun as the Governor Rauf Aregbesola, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with an Australian mining firm, Andalusian Mining Industry.

This came as the leader of the mining firm, Colin Miller, told the governor that his company would present the first raw gold to the people of the state before the end this year.

The signing ceremony took place at the Government House, Osogbo yesterday with a moderate ceremony with the governor in attendance. The governor said the Australian mining firm had conducted a geological survey which confirmed that there was a huge deposit of gold in Ilesha.

Aregbesola said the discovery had presented the state with a wonderful opportunity to partner with Andalusian in the breakdown, exploration and mining of gold in the state. He said the people and the state look forward to having maximum advantage of the mining firm’s presence in the state

The governor described gold mining in state as a major breakthrough to the government and a business opportunity for the state. He said the government looked forward to speedy operation and intervention in the prospecting for gold before the end of the year. The governor expressed hope that the state has joined the league of mining of non-oil mineral producing states in the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/osuns-first-raw-gold-end-year/
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Demmocrats(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Demmocrats(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2015
Op link or source
www.
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Cutehector(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2015
If gold dey osun state, I go pack my load go there
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Tolexander: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2015
Cutehector:
If gold dey osun state, I go pack my load go there
gold is in Osun!

OSOGBO—All is now set for the mining of the first gold in Ilesha, in the State of Osun as the Governor Rauf Aregbesola, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with an Australian mining firm, Andalusian Mining Industry.
the gold wey those aboki don dey mine tey tey.

Kudos to the Governor on this if the news is real and not like the previous political stunts.
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Cutehector(m): 11:06am On Jul 26, 2015
Tolexander:
gold is in Osun!

so why has nigeria not utilized d opportunity to mine it ova d years
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2015
where can i submit my CV...
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by KnowAll(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2015
I hope this company will take care of d enviroment. Gold mining enviroment are one of the worst degraded environment i have ever seen. Massive holes all over place with undulating pockets of artificial lakes cover most d terraine. It really is an apalling sight. sad
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by eyenibibio(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2015
cool
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Tolexander: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2015
Cutehector:
so why has nigeria not utilized d opportunity to mine it ova d years
na only Gold?

How many of the known mineral resources have we utilized in Nigeria?
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Cutehector(m): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Tolexander:
na only Gold?

How many of the known mineral resources have we utilized in Nigeria?
lol none sef... Chai.. Corruption too much
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by CHM11: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2015
Goodnews

With more resources found in the south west, soon they too will want to leave.
Nigeria----->Northern Region, the Biafra nation, the NigerDelta nation, Odua nation smiley wink
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by sheymoni(m): 11:40am On Jul 26, 2015
Anything that will fetch aregbesola & osun state money is welcome
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Dollyak(f): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2015
What's the point of mining gold when the locals are not going to benefit from such project. Most of the proceeds will end up in the north as usual.
Re: Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
CHM11:
Goodnews

With more resources found in the south west, soon they too will want to leave.
Nigeria----->Northern Region, the Biafra nation, the NigerDelta nation, Odua nation smiley wink

How many resources have been found in 'the Biafra nation' lately?

(1) (Reply)

Japanese Politicians Engage In A Free For All Fight Over Bill /shocking Photos / Impressive Profile Of The Ministerial Nominiee From Ekiti Dr Kayode Fayemi / President Francois Hollande 'france Will Be Merciless' In Her Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.