Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Synagogue Church Vs Lagos Coroner Community Groans, As Prophet Lies Low - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Synagogue Church Vs Lagos Coroner Community Groans, As Prophet Lies Low (560 Views)

See The Lies Being Told About Yoruba Religion, In South America / Respect In Igbo Land And It General Misconception In Nigeria(debunking The Lies) / Lies About Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Synagogue Church Vs Lagos Coroner Community Groans, As Prophet Lies Low by Nosa77(m): 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
check out this article that came out in the Guardian this morning.
hotel and business owners are suffering in Ikotun now because tb joshua is no longer coming out for the services...

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/synagogue-church-vs-lagos-coroner-community-groans-as-prophet-lies-low/

Synagogue Church vs Lagos Coroner Community Groans, As Prophet Lies Low
By Femi Alabi Onikeku on July 26, 2015

A Section of The Synagogue Church of All Nations
A Section of The Synagogue Church of All Nations
• Businesses Are Dying
• Landlords Now Know There Is God
• Int’l Airlines Feel Crunch

PROPHET T. B. Joshua atop a bicycle, riding leisurely, Prophet T. B. Joshua taking an evening walk outside the walls of his Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Prophet T.B. Joshua stopping for a minute or two to watch some men chatting away at a game of draughts. These are by no means common sights. But one man has seen them all.

“Personally, I don’t come to the shop on Sundays,” said the shop owner. He was a tall man, possibly, in his early 50s. His dark-lit shop spotted an array of everything except nothing. At some points, he spoke like one who might have been born a stammerer, had some powerful cherub not hurriedly whisked his spirit away from the queue.

“I worship at The Synagogue,” the shop owner said proudly. “Many people open their shops on Sundays because of the money they hope to make. I want money and I want Christ also. But I have to choose one. That is why I don’t open my shop on Sunday.”

Reminded that Sunday is the best day to make money from the thousands of people, who attend the Church’s programmes, he explained: “If I come on Sunday and make money, it would mean leaving Christ. So, I prefer to take Christ. It is written that even God made the world in six days and then kept the seventh day aside for worship.”

The shop owner had no less than 30 years of the community’s history at his fingertips. “I was here when T. B. Joshua started,” he said. He could tell how the Church’s magnificent edifice grew through stages of constructions, reconstructions and modifications. He also knew a time when prayer and deliverance sessions were held close to the road “and little children would go there and be watching.” The decades should have been time enough for him to have met the prophet and experienced a miracle. “Many of the miracles we receive are not conspicuous,” he however said, “but when you go out and compare yourself with a lot of people, you will see that God has been doing a lot of things in your life.”

Then a wiry fellow walked in. The shop owner had been engrossed in a conversation with the reporter and had not attended to him in time. Consequently, he put up a fine drama of being angry. Following his cue, the shop owner, now repentant, handed him a plastic jar, as the man picked two objects from a packet.

“But should you…?”

“I know the question you want to ask,” the shop owner said, laughingly. “Should I have sold the sticks of cigarette to him? You see: this is something I have always sold, right from the beginning. And, secondly, the warning, ‘Smokers Are Liable To Die Young’, is written on it. If I don’t sell it to the man, another person would. If he doesn’t buy them from me, he would buy them from another person, and would still smoke.” He had barely finished speaking when a girl of about 18 walked into the shop. She looked like Nneka. Surprisingly, she was Yoruba. She pointed to an object and the shop owner gave it to her.

“What is that?” I asked Funmilola.

“Small Stout,” she replied.

Read More - http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/07/synagogue-church-vs-lagos-coroner-community-groans-as-prophet-lies-low/
Re: Synagogue Church Vs Lagos Coroner Community Groans, As Prophet Lies Low by ladyF(f): 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Eeyah

(1) (Reply)

Ooni: Anxiety Heightens As Oro Festival Begins In Ife / The Correlation With Uncolorstruck & Noadrenaline: A 1st Step 2 Greatness & Life / Unbelievable! Gabon Disgraces Nigeria On World Stage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.