Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo (1215 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Wears Made In Aba Attire (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Chidiogo Akunyili Meets Olusegun Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Maxtermind(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday said he will be alive in another 25years to celebrate 50th coronation anniversary with the Akarigbo of Remo kingdom, His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Michael Adeniyi Sonariwo, and consequently live beyond 100 years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2180575_8614_jpegb3841489d229ec2f61b9f21ddbdff54b

Obasanjo who practically turned the Akarigbo’s palace,venue of the monarch’s 25th coronation anniversary in Sagamu, Ogun State, to a theatre of sort as he amused everybody at the event, apologised to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for coming late to the event after the nation’s number two citizen has arrived much earlier. The former President also urged the monarch to continue to extend the kind of support he gave him when he was the nation’s president to the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, so that he could succeed.

Osinbajo, who was also there to deliver a keynote address, commended the royal father on the wisdom he used to end the communal clash that occurred between the Hausa and their Yoruba hosts in 1999, saying that wisdom has continued to enable the two ethnic groups to live in harmony since then. Obasanjo who clocked 78 years last March, is believed to be over 80 years old already because a lot of people who said they used to call him egbon (elder brother) in his Owu community in Abeokuta are already over 80 years. Speaking in Yoruba language, the retired general who started jokingly by sayIng “I am not supposed to talk because a lot of personalities like the Vice President Osinbajo, Governor Amosun, former Governor Gbenga Daniel, Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos and other dignitaries are here. “He caused the people to burst into laughter again when he added “aloku soja bi temi naa wan bi (over used, exhausted and retired soldier like me is also here, while referring to former Chief of General Staff, Lt. Gen. Oladipo Diya (retd)

Osinbajo who also followed Obasanjo’s footsteps by reading his speech in Yoruba language eulogised Akarigbo for making sure that peace reigned in his domain and ensuring that the Permanent Camp of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was located in Sagamu during his tenure Governor Amosun commended the royal father for the developments that Remoland witnessed during the 25 years reign of Oba Sonariwo, saying because the monarch is a Senior Fellow of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA) that was the reason his domain is experiencing rapid development. He added that because he (Amosun) is also a Fellow of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (FCA) he would continue to develop the state and ensure that he finishes all the projects he has embarked on before the expiration of his tenure in 2019.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/i-wont-die-before-100-obasanjo/
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by INTROVERT(f): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
grin
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
u
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
u
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by MOA15(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Only God giveth and taketh.
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by coolestrogue(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Old man with no sense

1 Like

Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Atlantian: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Useless bunch
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by freshness2020: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
In as much I don't wish u death. Mister u are not God!
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by chuose: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
[size=13pt]OBJ dont boast that you'll live oh!

Myles Munroe boasted the some thing and died little over a year later.
[/size]
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
Only a foolish man thinks he is imortal
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Ahmed0336(m): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
Shebi na you get your life? We dey here we go see
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
only God knows how many head you don use and will still use this man.
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
Live kor liver ni
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Maxtermind(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
na so una hate am?
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by aare07(m): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
God will give you sound health with your wishes.

Kudos to Obasanjo
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Maxtermind(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2015
KKK
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2015
WombRaiders:
Only a foolish man thinks he is imortal

Oponu.........100 years is immortal right?

1 Like

Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by zendy: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Nobody knows Obasunjos real age except him, even his own first son outed him as being much older than he claimed. Obasunjo may already be 100 years old
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by EdCure: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2015
No doubt, baba is still very strong and talking.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by IVORY2009(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2015
Demdem:

Oponu.........100 years is immortal right?
Apc chieftain, where hv you being ever since?, welcome back.
Re: I Will Live Beyond A 100 Years- Olusegun Obasanjo by Demdem(m): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2015
IVORY2009:

Apc chieftain, where hv you being ever since?, welcome back.

Goon what do u mean?

(1) (Reply)

Modernity Clashes With Tradition: Ife Chiefs Insist Ooni Is ‘alive’ / Metuh Betrayed Jonathan For Refusing To Appoint Him Spokesperson — PDP Workers / Governor Ambode Appoints 19 New Permanent Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.