Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,244 members, 7,780,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:23 PM

British Council Job Application/test/interview Process - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / British Council Job Application/test/interview Process (16623 Views)

Meadow 2016online Application Test / How To Negotiate Your Salary During The Interview Process / West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by TalentedPikin: 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nah application under consideration for almost 1 month now... well I'm still praying. It's not over yet. With the way Nigeria is now, I jes tire...
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Ibunma(f): 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pls any one that receive invite should let us know, mine still saying Application Under Consideration
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by omoghene1: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ibunma:
Pls any one that receive invite should let us know, mine still saying Application Under Consideration
What position did you apply for?
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Ibunma(f): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
omoghene1:
What position did you apply for?
Examinations Officer - Lagos
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by omoghene1: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ibunma:
They called for Portharcourt not sure about lagos.Keep checking your mail.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 06, 2016
Pls Help.. I need info concerning the Test/salary scale @British Council for the position of an Invigilator.
It is urgent please..!

Although I selected PH as my preferred location some months ago...I didn't hear from them till yesterday..got this message .

Dear Candidate,   

We have identified the need for Invigilators in  Abuja, Benin and Enugu.   

Since we have you on our database as having applied for a similar role in the past, we would like to know if you are interested in being an invigilator in any of these locations.

1 Like

Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Godfavourme: 5:48am On Sep 06, 2016
ejizzy:
Pls Help.. I need info concerning the Test/salary scale @British Council for the position of an Invigilator.
It is urgent please..!

Although I selected PH as my preferred location some months ago...I didn't hear from them till yesterday..got this message .

Dear Candidate,   

We have identified the need for Invigilators in  Abuja, Benin and Enugu.   

Since we have you on our database as having applied for a similar role in the past, we would like to know if you are interested in being an invigilator in any of these locations.   

I got this too, I saw 650 per hour somewhere. I actually applied for Lagos island Invigilator but I'm still expecting their feedback on my response as I've chosen Benin as my preffered location.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by omoghene1: 9:01am On Sep 06, 2016
Godfavourme:

I got this too, I saw 650 per hour somewhere. I actually applied for Lagos island Invigilator but I'm still expecting their feedback on my response as I've chosen Benin as my preffered location.
Have you at anytime been called for a test at their ph centre?
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by omoghene1: 9:23am On Sep 06, 2016
ejizzy:
It is urgent please..!

Have you at anytime been called for a test at their ph centre?The position is actually on contract.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by TalentedPikin: 11:12am On Sep 06, 2016
Ibunma:

I applied for examination officer Abuja, mine also says Application under consideration. I wonder if they actually inform candidates if they are or not successful.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Godfavourme: 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
TalentedPikin:

I applied for examination officer Abuja, mine also says Application under consideration. I wonder if they actually inform candidates if they are or not successful.

Yes they do when you aren't shortlisted.

1 Like

Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by teeshawt(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
to those of you guys who got the message yesterday, it shows your application was not considered before, and now they are in need of more people, i was lucky to be among the ones that scaled through initially but was dropped at the final stage of recruitment..... just like someone said, the job is a contract type in which u will be paid 600 naira per hour of invigilation(based on the answer i was given during interview also subject to change/increase)......

what you guys should expect based on my experience

BC is an organization that is so organized, so do well to have an active email because all correspondence will be through your mails...

after ur applications might have been screened again to determine those that will move to the next stage, a message will come in, inviting you for an aptitude test.... (see an attachment below)
do not panic as the test is to evaluate you on basic english..... eg writing a sentence given, in another way to have the same meaning(tolu wrote a book in 2005 - the book was written by tolu in the year 2005),
then expect something like : farming is a very common........... 1..........among the rural dwellers (a) preoccupation (b) pastime (c) hobby (d) job (e) occupation etc.....

if ure successful, expect another message within 2 weeks for an interview(the attachment will speak better),

if ure successful expect an offer mail and if ure unsuccessful expect a regret mail just like me(e pain me oh cos i wasted 5k to get bank verification letter)

so guys brace up and prepare yourself for this job, because its so flexible you can do another job while doing this.

am still not relenting though, as im still trying to apply and i will not back down..... the successful 5 guys at the ph center will resume this sept ending

i hope it helps..... good luck to you all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Godfavourme: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
teeshawt:
to those of you guys who got the message yesterday, it shows your application was not considered before, and now they are in need of more people, i was lucky to be among the ones that scaled through initially but was dropped at the final stage of recruitment..... just like someone said, the job is a contract type in which u will be paid 600 naira per hour of invigilation(based on the answer i was given during interview also subject to change/increase)......

BC is an organization that is so organized, so do well to have an active email because all correspondence will be through your mails...

after ur applications might have been screened again to determine those that will move to the next stage, a message will come in, inviting you for an aptitude test.... (see an attachment below)
do not panic as the test is to evaluate you on basic english..... eg writing a sentence given, in another way to have the same meaning(tolu wrote a book in 2005 - the book was written by tolu in the year 2005),
then expect something like : farming is a very common........... 1..........among the rural dwellers (a) preoccupation (b) pastime (c) hobby (d) job (e) occupation etc.....

if ure successful, expect another message within 2 weeks for an interview(the attachment will speak better),

if ure successful expect an offer mail and if ure unsuccessful expect a regret mail just like me(e pain me oh cos i wasted 5k to get bank verification letter)

so guys brace up and prepare yourself for this job, because its so flexible you can do another job while doing this.

am still not relenting though, as im still trying to apply and i will not back down..... the successful 5 guys at the ph center will resume this sept ending

Eiya, it is well. Thanks so much for the update.
Don't relent your efforts, you will smile soon.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by zeekleo(m): 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
We have identified the need for Invigilators in Abuja, Benin and Enugu.

Since we have you on our database as having applied for a similar role in the past, we would like to know if you are able to be an invigilator in any of these locations.

If you are interested, kindly send an email to Ann.Ayinde@ng.britishcouncil.org declaring your interest and your preferred location (Abuja, Benin or Enugu).

Thank you.

British Council Recruitment Team

i got this today please is it a full time job and what is the salary like?
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Godfavourme: 6:18am On Sep 07, 2016
omoghene1:

Have you at anytime been called for a test at their ph centre?The position is actually on contract.

Not yet. I'm in Lagos
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by TalentedPikin: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
zeekleo:
We have identified the need for Invigilators in Abuja, Benin and Enugu.

Since we have you on our database as having applied for a similar role in the past, we would like to know if you are able to be an invigilator in any of these locations.

If you are interested, kindly send an email to Ann.Ayinde@ng.britishcouncil.org declaring your interest and your preferred location (Abuja, Benin or Enugu).

Thank you.

British Council Recruitment Team

i got this today please is it a full time job and what is the salary like?

Please read up.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Ibunma(f): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pls has anyone here received invite for the position of Examinations Officer - Lagos

Mine still saying Application Under Consideration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by omoghene1: 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
@ Teeshawt why 3 forms of identification?
Why bank verification and what's it a bout?
Can you share some light on what to expect from the interview?
How many hours does each invigilation last and how often do u get them?
Are there other benefits apart from the 600
Thanks
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by lambvard: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2016
Pls is it possible to apply for relocation after getting the job?
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by teeshawt(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
omoghene1:
@ Teeshawt why 3 forms of identification?
Why bank verification and what's it a bout?
Can you share some light on what to expect from the interview?
How many hours does each invigilation last and how often do u get them?
Are there other benefits apart from the 600
Thanks

to identify you of course(just go there with either id's or credentials that can be said to id u), and i believe the BVL also serves the same purpose, but they definitely have there reason that might be so peculiar to them for asking about it

these are the little i can remember about the interview questions
1.i was asked about relationship with children and their parents
2. leadership role ive taken b4
3. what does it mean to work as a team
4. they asked me about planning and give an example
5. then am i willing to travel any time and work overtime......... thats all i can remember....

speaking of invigilation, BC, i hope u know conducts ielts, gre, and some other exams like that.... also they conducts for professional bodies too.... as such during exam periods, you will be the one to get tired of invigilating

i dont know about the benefits oh aside the basic amount per hour
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by JEmma1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Let's help you build, restructure and give your CV that professional look for just a token add us on whatapp 0706 517 3203
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by SirBrightoc(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Interview for Exams Officer - Port Harcourt holding tomorrow in Port Harcourt.
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by TalentedPikin: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hi all, pls I have a question... Did you guys study or have teaching qualifications of some sort. Just wondering what the chances are of some with a non-related teaching degree having a job as an exams officer with BC. Thanks guys
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by SpartanQueen: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello been away from NL from a while. Did you eventually get the BC job? I recently applied for the social media manager role that came up at the BC. Was wondering if you had any knowledge about this.
TeddyPendergrass:

Yupp no one speaks about it.

anyway I just updated the article. someone kept sending me emails
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by iykedpetes(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2017
teeshawt:

so guys brace up and prepare yourself for this job, because its so flexible you can do another job while doing t

his.

please bros really want to know the nature of the test and how many questions ...so I can know how to prepare and please help me with ur contact q
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Busbar(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
Following
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by chijen(f): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2018
Any update on the exam venue test written last month in Enugu and ilorin?
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by Guysses(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
they have invited people for interview around 29th July na
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by highway007(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
invite for interview was sent to ilorin candidates on 4th of this month
chijen:
Any update on the exam venue test written last month in Enugu and ilorin?
Re: British Council Job Application/test/interview Process by ahmstrng(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2019
is this thread still active? . I have a few questions

(1) (2) (Reply)

IITA Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Lecturing Vacancies University Of Port Harcourt. / I Got An Invite From AXA Mansard Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.