Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,138 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta (32055 Views)

Buhari Approves N35bn For The Niger Delta Amnesty Programme / Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi / PHOTO: Pres. Buhari Appoints Head of Amnesty Programme For Ex militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Deltagiant: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
obailala:
A lot of wailing wailers are very angry at this development.... They wanted a confrontation, they wanted a major crisis in the creeks, they wanted the country to be grounded to a halt, the wished and prayed in their foolishness for the country to be ungovernable for Buhari... But this decision by Buhari has brought them much sorrow.

Shame on you all!... Whether you wailers like it or not, no matter the evil you ediots wish for this country all in a senseless bid to say "I told you," Nigeria must move forward, Nigeria must be great again and the process would be kick-started by this very Pa Buhari whom you all love to hate.

You're just being silly for i don't believe anyone human being enjoys instability when there is fairness and justice in her environment.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Read the full excerpts.
Also read btw the lines.
He said as long as it's necessary to do so.
He also said he will not subvert social infrastructure in place of amnesty.
But what I am advising is the youths in N/delta should not keep being lazy because of amnesty.Every one should go to school or get a trade.Oil is becoming hopeless for revenue in the international market.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by crazygod(m): 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
There should be a video game on this. Boko haram vs Niger Delta militants Who go win?
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by jaems: 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
His type of amnesty I believe will still bring shock to the militants. Tompolo and a few others deprived many if the amnesty in the last administration. That program wasn't run well. I still maintain that it was a waste of money.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Billygee2u: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
pallybrown:
Bahari! so u dey fear like this . Only one call for meeting u dey shake
you don't want him to shake,if na you,you no go shake?
give ceaser what is due for him
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by temitemi1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Brother, long time no see cheesy
SeverusSnape:
The dullard has no choice.

GOATandYAMtheory How Far?
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by geniusss: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
I'm sure tompolo too can afford to risk his life fighting again....the guy don see money..he is a billionaire now and the last time I checked....rich men don't wanna die angry
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by CSTR2: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by sunsewa: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
pallybrown:

A macheter don't allow machete to pass his back,with regards to boko haram they instigate to distract and derail Gej administration.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by saint047(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
I recently asked myself a thought-provoking question today.What was the recent visit by our president to America able to achieved? To be honest, for a moment I couldn't give a concrete well thought answer to that question. Below are some of the things I thought our president failed to achieved No assurance with the US support for arms, equipment and intelligence to accelerate ending the insurgency in the NE No concrete economy policy and plan (This was evident during the CNN Amanpour interview when asked about the economy) No clear cut ways of how to recover looted and stolen money by some of our rogue both serving and past politicians. Not a single well documented partnership deal was sealed in any area. Was it infrastructure development, power, education, health, technology and services? Nothing Didn’t discuss anything about the AGOA (African growth and Opportunity Acts) Extension and Enhancement Act. To me this is one key and vita area he would had brought to the table as Nigeria being the power house in Africa development. Apart from the 'no to gay marriage' which they are using to score cheap political points that wasn't part of the official agenda in the first place, please what other things the recent visit able to achieved? Oh well, maybe he went to thank the America for helping him win the election. See the below quote during his meeting with John Kerry the secretary of state PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much, (inaudible). I’m very pleased to get this opportunity to thank the Secretary of State because his visit to Nigeria, which he’s just referred to, since his visit seemed like a friend to Nigeria. As the United States’ message sent to the previous administration was clean and clear that the United States would not accept anything extraconstitutional, that prepared the minds of Nigerians to back us and to arrive where we are today. Nigeria will remain very grateful to the United States, to the President, and to the Secretary of State. He saw the president then, he saw the chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, and he saw the opposition. And by the day, the United States maintained pressure on the government, the law enforcement agencies, and the election officials to make sure that the election was free and fair. We thank God, we thank the United States, we thank technology for the introduction of a permanent voter’s card and reader cards made so much difference from previous elections. I thank you very much, Secretary. Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen of the press. SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you, Mr. President. PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much. Happy to see you. SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you. We’re going to have a working lunch now. Thank you.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
danjumakolo:
Read the full excerpts.
Also read btw the lines.
He said as long as it's necessary to do so.
He also said he will not subvert social infrastructure in place of amnesty.
But what I am advising is the youths in N/delta should not keep being lazy because of amnesty.Every one should go to school or get a trade.Oil is becoming hopeless for revenue in the international market.

Shea u know u r insane.. if oil is becoming hopeless for revenue, y not let ND go.. idiot

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by SeverusSnape(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
temitemi1:
Brother, longer no see cheesy
Ah!... Egbon Temi cheesy

Long time no see my brother...I was in prison. grin-Nairaland prison. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by temitemi1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
I have missed u man grin
SeverusSnape:

Ah!... Egbon Temi cheesy

Long time no see my brother...I was in prison. grin-Nairaland prison. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by austelright(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
You guys that are saying Buhari is afraid of Tompolo? let me ask you guys do you know how much it cost Nigeria to train a man to the rank of a general in the army, i know you guys don't know.
In 1983 Buhari looked into the eyes of President Shagari and removed him from power without anybody doing anything. If Tompolo should cough during Buhari regime he will be a history and Nigeria will continue to exist. Who is Tompolo to Buhari.
Abeg next news.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Truckpusher(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
Abeg make una dey pay joor ! cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Litmus: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
This is why Nigeria needs a larger more modern and powerful army and security superstructure. The states need better and more effective governors. Nigeria will not make meaningful progress if it is held ransom by self interested groups such as The Association of General Armed robbers, the Isoko Belligerent Youths, The Melloo herders of Kaduna, the Palmy Tappers of Imo, the Area boys of Lagos, the Not only Delta State Get two Heads of Sokoto. Where will it end?

Buhari needs to bid his time, patiently invest in the Army and security services, control Nigeria borders so its not easy to to escape from Nigeria or slip in and then when ready come down hard on all this lawlessness.

I can never understand why Nigerians complain about insecurity when they are the ones encouraging it by claiming that the thieves and murderers of their ethnic group or area are folk heroes. This is Congo intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by atlwireles: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Abeg make una dey pay joor ! cool

They have no choice but pay as long as we demand it, this not our father's generation of Niger deltans. They're finding it out slowly.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
Highly contradictive man has proved himself to be someone dat doesn't stick to his words.a liar,coward and a total disgrace to the federal republic of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Truckpusher(m): 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
atlwireles:

They have no choice but pay as long as we demand it, this not our father's generation of Niger deltans. They're finding it out slowly.
Some of them are still living in the past.

By the time the precious black gold ceases to flow and most of their parents can't get paid and feed themselves they will understand the language.

In as much as the Nigerian state wants to run the country like an animal farm they should pay up and face hell.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Heluwajohnson(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
millionboi:
Does he ve a choice?
Ur región is so foolosh!! Most of u....
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by atlwireles: 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Some of them are still living in the past.

By the time the precious black gold ceases to flow and most of their parents can't get paid and feed themselves they will understand the language.

In as much as the Nigerian state wants to run the country like an animal farm they should pay up and face hell.

GBAM lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by sweatlana: 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
ddippset:
o yeah! Are you a sorceress? I am based in porthacourt, Nigeria. I work in the oil and gas sector myself. Any unrest or militancy would directly or indirectly affect my work. So there's no way I wouldn't be pleased with this news. So eat your words, Mrs wise.

Blah blah blah...

The fact remains baba bubu won't dare the ND militants

Resource control loading...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
francizy:
Dearpreye, shebi I tell you? grin grin

Yeah. But I'm not comfortable with the programme any more. It's just crumbs. Just crumbs. Kuku and his folks should look towards bringing it to and end after the last batches are trained.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by SeverusSnape(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
temitemi1:
I have missed u man grin
I missed you too brother. smiley
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
austelright:
You guys that are saying Buhari is afraid of Tompolo? let me ask you guys do you know how much it cost Nigeria to train a man to the rank of a general in the army, i know you guys don't know.
In 1983 Buhari looked into the eyes of President Shagari and removed him from power without anybody doing anything. If Tompolo should cough during Buhari regime he will be a history and Nigeria will continue to exist. Who is Tompolo to Buhari.
Abeg next news.

It's not hard to know when the kids talk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
pallybrown:

My General fears no one, thank God for democracy if not who born tompolo and d so called militants.
Infact u go don dey weep for dem by now.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by OlaRichmond83: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
For your info.., this interview is not new. He talked about this weeks ago. And And I believe that's d best thing to do for now to maintain the relative peace in the region.
Therefore, people should stop linking that to tompolo or whoever's threat.
It is an old news.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by bigerboy200: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
jaems:
His type of amnesty I believe will still bring shock to the militants. Tompolo and a few others deprived many if the amnesty in the last administration. That program wasn't run well. I still maintain that it was a waste of money.
They only know "free money" in d ss..most of dem are not even ready to work..just share and share and share.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by bigiyaro(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
i know some mangoes fell for tompolo's stunts. He should't av canceled d meetin. He would av discorvered dat tins av changed.
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by tete7000(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Vanquay:
Buhari isn't the way forward. All I see is him claiming all the victories of an equally clueless man. Neither Buhari nor Jona jona can benefit Nigeria undecided undecided undecided

FTC: lemme think of a pun......I am a Bellend cool

Who do you have in mind?
Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by Bjergtrolde: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
saint047:
I recently asked myself a thought-provoking
question today.What was the recent visit by our
president to America able to achieved? To be
honest, for a moment I couldn't give a concrete
well thought answer to that question. Below are
some of the things I thought our president failed
to achieved No assurance with the US support for
arms, equipment and intelligence to accelerate
ending the insurgency in the NE No concrete
economy policy and plan (This was evident during
the CNN Amanpour interview when asked about
the economy) No clear cut ways of how to
recover looted and stolen money by some of our
rogue both serving and past politicians. Not a
single well documented partnership deal was
sealed in any area. Was it infrastructure
development, power, education, health, technology
and services? Nothing Didn’t discuss anything
about the AGOA (African growth and Opportunity
Acts) Extension and Enhancement Act. To me this
is one key and vita area he would had brought to
the table as Nigeria being the power house in
Africa development. Apart from the 'no to gay
marriage' which they are using to score cheap
political points that wasn't part of the official
agenda in the first place, please what other things
the recent visit able to achieved? Oh well, maybe
he went to thank the America for helping him win
the election. See the below quote during his
meeting with John Kerry the secretary of state
PRESIDENT BUHARI: Thank you very much,
(inaudible). I’m very pleased to get this
opportunity to thank the Secretary of State
because his visit to Nigeria, which he’s just
referred to, since his visit seemed like a friend to
Nigeria. As the United States’ message sent to
the previous administration was clean and clear
that the United States would not accept anything
extraconstitutional, that prepared the minds of
Nigerians to back us and to arrive where we are
today. Nigeria will remain very grateful to the
United States, to the President, and to the
Secretary of State. He saw the president then, he
saw the chairman of Independent National
Electoral Commission, and he saw the opposition.
And by the day, the United States maintained
pressure on the government, the law enforcement
agencies, and the election officials to make sure
that the election was free and fair. We thank God,
we thank the United States, we thank technology
for the introduction of a permanent voter’s card
and reader cards made so much difference from
previous elections. I thank you very much,
Secretary. Thank you very much, ladies and
gentlemen of the press. SECRETARY KERRY:
Thank you, Mr. President. PRESIDENT BUHARI:
Thank you very much. Happy to see you.
SECRETARY KERRY: Thank you very much,
everybody. Thank you. We’re going to have a
working lunch now. Thank you.

Please google the word "paragraphs" . It would help you communicate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta by FOREXMART(m): 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
TheImp:
Excerpts from his interview in The Punch

Turning south to the Niger Delta, the amnesty for former combatants which has helped to keep the peace in the Niger Delta is due to end in December this year. What measures do you propose to replace it?

The amnesty still plays an important part in ending the insurgency in the Niger Delta and I am committed to continuing it as long as it is necessary to do so. However, it is not a long-term answer to the problems there.

Just as in the North, the Niger Delta requires long-term investment in both economic and social infrastructure – from roads and railways, to schools, hospitals and housing. That is what people want, a fair share of the resources that their region is producing.
http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-to-split-nnpc-into-two-plans-fresh-bid-round-for-oil-blocks/
Cc lalasticlala

one meeting and Buhari is shaiting hot shait lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

37 ISWAP Terrorists Killed In Air Strike In Sambisa Forest / South-East Pain Spreads To Lagos As Sit-At-Home Affect Transporters / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.