Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) (90771 Views)

The British-Ijebu War Of 1892 (The Battle Of Imagbon) / Ooni Of Ogunwusi & King Jaja Of Opobo Pictured / Epic Photo Of King Jaja Of Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by cococandy(f): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
i like that second picture. the one that's a painting.

1 Like

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by greatness22(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
sonofananimal1:
grin grin I KNOW NA... NA ALL THIS BARACK GIRLS WERE THEM NO DEY GET SENSE. AND THEM DIRTY DIE. FOWL........... YANSH grin grin
But bros oh, me like ur signature grin
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
greatness22:
But bros oh, me like ur signature grin
ME NO DEY JOKE WITH WOMEN,

INFACT NAIJA WOMEN angry
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by greatness22(m): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
sonofananimal1:
ME NO DEY JOKE WITH WOMEN,
INFACT NAIJA WOMEN angry
But nor be all 9ja ladies sha! cool
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by herald9: 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks Op.

We had a great personality like Jaja of Opobo yet they won't let us hear word with Jesus of Nazareth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by RealEstate38: 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Atlantian: 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
My Dad used to tell me stories about King JaJa of Opobo. We used to pronounce it "jaw jaw of Opobo". He was a great man.

5 Likes

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nelson909: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
RENDBALL RECORDS AUDITION 2015 Rendball Records present ARTIST sign up!!! are you an up coming artist? Are you good in singing, rapping, dancing and lots more? This is a chance to use what you have to get what you want RENDBALL RECORDS is looking for upcoming talented artistes to come for an audition and if your song is very good you will be among the artistes that will have a record deal with RENDBALL RECORDS and lots of consolation prizes for the participating artistes all interested artistes are to contact the (PRIME MINISTER) Hotline: 08057723810.

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by goodfellas007: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
great men whit great dreams are not forgotten easily. Good-fellas dream big dat wil last for centuries. great king opopo i hail ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by soos: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
grin I love jaja, I love Biafra....whammmmmmmmm

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Wu 1 read all diz?
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
Harbioye:
Wu 1 read all diz?
All d same, great men neva really die....
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Ayietim(m): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
The bests are no quitters, they are fighters who stay and fight on regardless of envy from the rest.

https://ayietim./2015/07/26/if-you-are-the-best-expect-a-gang-up-from-the-rest/

1 Like

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
if this man can go from being a slave to a legendary leader envied and respected both locally and internationally then nothing should deter us from achieving our dreams and becoming great. my respect sir.

8 Likes

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Jagabanthelion: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Taylor86:
long live nigeria

long live niger delta

long live rivers state

long live Opopo

long live Nyesome Wike

for naming rivers state polytechnics on behalf of JAJA

If u don't know anything about Rivers state u shut up. where in Rivers state is "Opopo"? Even the OP spelt it for u yet u just want to comment out of Ignorance. 2. Its Nyesom not "Nyesome". 3. which Rivers state "polytechnics" did Gov. wike name "on behalf" of JAJA? The only Rivers state Polytechnic I know was renamed by Gov. wike after KEN SARO wiwa. U know nothing and u just want to display your ignorance,abi u want to drag politics into the thread. Get your facts and spellings right before touching your keyboard next time.

6 Likes

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by ayd91(m): 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
I don't know why some of you find is so hard or even impossible to celebrate a leader without dragging another into the mud. I guess it's a reflection of your persona. #SHAME

The great King is really inspiring, but he made the same mistake other kings of then made. They stood apart and eventually fell. The British intelligently knocked our heads against each other (divide and conquer) till we all fell.

Morale of the story is "be warry of the white man",
"your background has little to do with your future "
" United we stand, divided we fall"

KING JAJA reminds me of my Grand Father PA Agoroma And how grand indeed he was.

8 Likes

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Yehman(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
FowlYansh:

who is bros? undecided
Guy man
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by pupsyd: 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
I came
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
greatness22:
But nor be all 9ja ladies sha! cool
NASO MOST PEOPLE GO TALK OHH,

JUST PRAY YOU SEE GOOD ONE
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by abat4real37(f): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
imhotep:

^ Another Igbo man cheesy cheesy cheesy
Where are the haters . . .
must you show your tribalistic manner everytime?

1 Like

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by abat4real37(f): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
What a Great man!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
abat4real37:
must you show your tribalistic manner everytime?
Did you miss my "tribalistic manner"? kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Kazrem(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
FowlYansh:

we are all ghosts on nairaland so please don't try to behave like u are reasonable.
i'm not interested in stupidity to keep your foolish greetings to your self please.
I was to say "which kind moniker be this" then I read how you are attending to others.
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by abat4real37(f): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
imhotep:

Did you miss my "tribalistic manner"? kiss kiss
no, I hate it
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by kilokeys(m): 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Slept off after the third paragraph

All I know , he was a great Man.

Thats in the past, whats the present saying, how would d future be?.

Na d koko wey naija youth dey ask themselves o
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by duni04(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
I stopped reading after I saw he was born in IMO. This piece is a blatant distortion of history by those South eastern fanatics that always want to ascribe all the glory in Nigeria to themselves. Jaja of opobo was an indigen of one of the delta tribes. Any attempt by our "Nigeria Jews" to selfishly distort history will be flatly resisted.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Redman44(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
I'm just letting you all into this little secret......

My Aunt ( My Mum's elder sister ) was married to the Great-grandson of King Jaja of Opobo. My Aunt's husband was also named Jaja and he was very wealthy till he passed away around 1991 or thereabout. I can still remember the gift he bought for me on my 10th birthday. It was a great gift that I am still finding it hard to see something similar to it nowadays. Chief Jaja ( Aunt's husband ) had houses in Lagos and Opobo and was a high ranking official in the Nigerian Customs Service. That is all I am allowed to reveal to you. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by tsdarkside(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
i hail the great warrior of ogpobo...the emperor of africa..the uncorruptable........hail! hail!! haillllll!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Daplux4: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
British and their betrayal they started it long time ago, A man of good heart rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Parked
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by greatness22(m): 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
sonofananimal1:
NASO MOST PEOPLE GO TALK OHH,

JUST PRAY YOU SEE GOOD ONE
I pray so! Bros wait oh, nah DR.Congo babe u wan marry cool

Nigeria bad nor mean say i go run go Mali grin
Re: Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) by Innomach(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]He helped the British to subdue his fellow Africans, the Ashanties, and the same British taught him some lessons in a hard way. This should be a lesson to everyone who are conniving with foreign powers against their country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Urhobo Names And Their Meanings. / HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.