Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions (1139 Views)

My 2015/16 Betting Packages For Everyone (may God Help Us) / 2015/2016 EPL Title Is Between ARSENAL And LIVERPOOL / 2015/2016 EPL Fixtures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
My top 4 epl predictions goes thus:

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United/City
3. Manchester City/United
4. Liverpool!
And Arsenal set to miss out!

Ok. Chelsea still top dogs. Still possesses atleast 4 best players on their respective positions in the league- Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, and either Ivanovic/Matic. Gonna be hard to topple what that front trio bring to the table. Chelsea my favorites to retain the crown.

Manchester United have strengthened well but winning the league is asking for too much, regardless of whether they spend a billion, players need to gel. But they've bought wisely, besides LVG's ignorant sale of RVP when Falcao already left. Left short in attack and Rooney doesn't possess top 9 instincts, hence not a pure striker in my opinion. Would be wise to get in a striker before the transfer window closes. Other than that, squad looking top class once again.

Man City have proven they can re-invent themselves after winning the league twice in four seasons. Plus, they've got big mentality players in every department: Kompany, Yaya, Aguero, and the team formed around them. Plus, they are not shy to spend and strengthen. Sterling and De Bruyne on either wing will trouble defenses all year round. Another 20+ goal season for Aguero and City takes top 4 place yet again. Pogba, any takers?

Liverpool. Staring down the deep coffers of that Luiz Suarez money made Rodgers spend like a kid in a toy shop. But Liverpool has made sensible buys this time around, almost too sensible. They've sought to defy the odds on how many strikers can get injured at a time by helping themselves to no less than 4 top strikers in Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi. 5 if Balotelli stays. And if Marco Reus joins up as expected, then I'm inclined to stick my neck out for them to topple Arsenal this time around.

Arsenal. Arsene Wenger seeks to prove again how frugality wins but I'm afraid he's gonna come short this season. Refusal to strengthen key areas and sticking to his "proven" squad might prove to be his undoing. While dismembering the likes of Lyon and Wolfsburg in the Emirates Cup might bring smiles, the Arsenal hardly repeats those feats when it matters, e.g Monaco. Sticking to Giroud a first choice striker is about as good for Arsenal compared to the superior strike force of their opponents. Teasing fans with big names such as Benzema is the order of the day, and the decision to stick with Coquelin as 1st choice defensive midfielder is such a competitive league is Wenger's crowning glory in optimism.

All in all, I'm sure we're all looking forward to what could be one of the most exciting EPL seasons in recent times.
Re: My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions by Timerkin1: 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2015
BDS
Re: My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions by seankay(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
I don't think arsenal will finish outside the top four. They will b a strong challenger for the league this season

Chelsea fan#
Re: My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions by Freelancer00(m): 12:00am On Aug 02, 2015
Lol. Very funny predictions. Liverpool in top 4? Maybe 5 years time.
Re: My 2015/2016 EPL Predictions by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2015
Oh Well, 1st week, Man United and Liverpool pick up wins, Chelsea drew, and Arsenal lost at home to, well....West Ham! Lol.
Still early days, but I know what I saw when I said Arsenal might miss out this season. Let the games begin!

(1) (Reply)

Arsetalks,is It In Your DNA To Be Dishonest?ishilove You Are Needed / Watch & Download: The Highlight Video Of Barcelona 5 – 2 Rayo Vallecano / Chelsea Bought The Premier League Title - Totteham Manager Mauricio Pochettino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.