Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,234 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread - TV/Movies (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread (275206 Views)

Okiemute Ighorodje Wins MTN Project Fame Season 9 / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (132) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by pearl360(f): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2015

Do now 6 girls, and 3 guys remaining...
Hmmmm!

A female is gonna win this year obviously.

I fear for Chike.

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Adortem: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
My comment on tonight's show:
Ada's performance was very ok,although people always expect more from her cos of her outgoing, sanguine personality and she is kind of always staying in a comfort zone.
Kumi is highly over-rated,she comes across as an average singer to me, if she were to be a Nigerian, she would be long gone,they didn't get much talented ghanian this season, MTN need to save at least a ghanian so it wouldn't be an all naija thingy. She is trying hard though with her average voice, not seen anything spectacular from her performances so far(no hard feelings)
Jeff's performance was ok, though I expected him to dance cos there is a room for a lot of dancing steps in the song, didn't see that from him.BTW, what happened to his leg? Why was he referred to as hurting? He reminds me of Clement in season7.
Anderson is a great singer, I remember when he sang that Alleluyah song, I had goose pimples all over, he wowed me, he made them drop Dipo,he also had this unique voice. However, Anderson lacks the swags of a typical naija singer(no hard feelings),but, he already had the needed platform, he shouldn't give up, he should go ahead and keep at it, he is truely talented!
Biko's feminine voice is superb, however, he just wasn't lucky with the songs he was given, so his weaknesses were exposed, he also lacks the necessary swags of a performer.
BTW, why has it become a gender voting system by the contestants? A lady would probably win this season, I see Deinde is actually loved by voters, the guy has branded himself(Ibinu!)He understands how its run and he isn't playing safe at all...
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by AbuadStudent(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2015
You all should not complain again about Anderson's eviction! Why? Stay with me

Calm down, look at social media, try to estimate the number of people ranting about this anderson this, project fame that, now assuming they voted Anderson, would he have entered probation in the first place?

Lets go on.

the judges save people via their performances, probably 2 of the judges thought Kumi performed best at that particular time. To be fair, Kumi performed well and the song favored her. Anderson was unlucky to get that kind of song which reduced his performance level greatly, which inevitably favored kumi, +the outstanding fact that she is a ghanian, so all fingers were pointing to her, I'm sure now you can see that it was inevitable!

Stay with me.

The faculty save based on the performance and characters of aspirants in the Academy. If you follow, you would observe that jeff is very polite to them if yiu notice he always ends with "yes ma, yes sir with a significant bowing of his head", he takes to instructions, and he has a very good vocal sense. Still on that with his last performance he didn't deserve to be on probation, he definitely performed past anderson the last time. And due to his pained/broken leg, he still fought hard to perform on stage such that some viewers didn't even notice that he was in pain. Looking at all these any sane person at that point in time would pick jeff over anderson.

The contestants, this was clear..Gender prevailed, Joy won

So who is the real culprit? Its MTN, due to their greedyness they decided to put all contestants on probation in order to make fast cash for the running of the programme, but still if you are pained that anderson is gone, DID YOU VOTE HIM? IF YOU VOTED ANOTHER CONTESTANT YOU ARE JUST AS GREEDY AS MTN! #GBAM

6 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
Omavik:
Hey sweetness,, thought u're following... I guess u've really been busy.. Well,, a lot has gone down on d show.. 7 down,,9 more contestants in d Academy...
I am not, dear.. Yea, I was very busy..
7 already down? Awwwww... Maybe, I'll see tomorrow's own...

Guess you are good?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by macklef(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
All of yur shouting anderson was not desrving to go home are so rong.
On project fame or any other reality show, its not about ur performance its about ur personality
And the excitement you bring to the viewers.

Anderson may be a good singer but the guy is boring. Thats the edge chike n dehinde has over him, even biko is kinda boring too and i guess that's what unworked for them.

Just imagin urself watching keeping with d khadasians n u hav boring people like anderson init. The show woulda long ended.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by warriorprincess: 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new on this thread, why did Anderson have to leave? And does anyone know who Chike and Deinde voted for? it wasn't clear.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by nitane25(f): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Elxandre:

Proudly #Heartless grin

This eviction system is unfair abeg.
Jeff shoulda packed his bags instead on Anderson.

And the contestants should just stop voting cos the majority sex would always vote their own.
And now there are More girls left.

I'm sorry for any guy that finds himself on probation. grin
dey did it for Richie naa Lol
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by omowaleola(f): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm a lady. I appreciate good music irrespective of gender or looks. I don't understand how the contestants will vote based on gender. It's just so shallow.
Joy performed twice and I didn't get any 'wow' factor in both but she has to be in the house cos she is a lady?
No problem. I like Arewa cos she is very good and consistent but I will never vote for her again cos I have decided to vote only for the guys since that is what the ladies implied.
The most annoying thing was that the girls that voted him out were the first to go hug him, later they will be criticizing Buhari for preferring Northerners.
I Don vex jare, make I go look for cloth to wear to church tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by warriorprincess: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:
On project fame or any other reality show, its not about ur performance its about ur personality

Anderson may be a good singer but the transgendered is boring. Thats the edge chike n dehinde has over him, even biko is kinda boring too and i guess that's what unworked for them.

Just imagin urself watching keeping with d khadasians n u hav boring people like anderson init. The show woulda long ended.

Not to start a fight or anything, but it was actually Anderson's personality that seemed interesting to me, he was cool calm, collected and funny. Did u watch the rap battle? that really showcased his open personality, but all well.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Zellie: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
mzpetite:
to me it was planned! u knw d first runner up is always not Nigerian and daz y judges saved Kumi but faculty was supposed to save Anderson and not jeff! sad
I beg to differ. In season 5, no non-nigerian even made top4. If you had said a Non-nigerian had to be in the finals, then I'd agree.

And Kumi can Never, ever, ever be first runner up.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by macklef(m): 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
omowaleola:
I'm a lady. I appreciate good music irrespective of gender or looks. I don't understand how the contestants will vote based on gender. It's just so shallow.
Joy performed twice and I didn't get any 'wow' factor in both but she has to be in the house cos she is a lady?
No problem. I like Arewa cos she is very good and consistent but I will never vote for her again cos I have decided to vote only for the guys since that is what the ladies implied.
The most annoying thing was that the girls that voted him out were the first to go hug him, later they will be criticizing Buhari for preferring Northerners.
The guys started the gender voting thing wen dey saved richie., chike repeated it again. Now to the ladies, its payback time. To me, it was brilliant, they played a fair game
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by opeaceo: 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:

Anderson may be a good singer but the she-male is boring. Thats the edge chike n dehinde has over him, even biko is kinda boring too and i guess that's what unworked for them.

Do the kardashians sing?? or are you ref to another kardashian we don't know? I really don't know how you guys come about the "gayish" or transgender stuff, but whatever rocks your boat man, our opinion differs the same way our noses differs.

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by macklef(m): 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
warriorprincess:

Not to start a fight or anything, but it was actually Anderson's personality that seemed interesting to me, he was cool calm, collected and funny. Did u watch the rap battle? that really showcased his open personality, but all well.
No one is fighting dear, i guess i missed the rap battle but to me, i aint feeling the dude. Hes stiff.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by opeaceo: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2015
omowaleola:

eeehhh, I thought I was d only one that noticed it, life goes on jare.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by opeaceo: 9:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Zellie:
I beg to differ. In season 5, no non-nigerian even made top4. If you had said a Non-nigerian had to be in the finals, then I'd agree.

And Kumi can Never, ever, ever be first runner up.

You can never tell, with the surprises they keep on churning, she might just be...
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by macklef(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
opeaceo:

Do the kardashians sing?? or are you ref to another kardashian we don't know? I really don't know how you guys come about the "gayish" or transgender stuff, but whatever rocks your boat man, our opinion differs the same way our noses differs.
I was emphasizing boredom wen i used d khadasians. In a reality show, u gotta give us drama irrespective of the main quest.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by enemmo(f): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
AbuadStudent:

Calm down, look at social media, try to estimate the number of people ranting about this anderson this, project fame that, now assuming they voted Anderson, would he have entered probation in the first place?

Lets go on.

the judges save people via their performances, probably 2 of the judges thought Kumi performed best at that particular time. To be fair, Kumi performed well and the song favored her. Anderson was unlucky to get that kind of song which reduced his performance level greatly, which inevitably favored kumi, +the outstanding fact that she is a ghanian, so all fingers were pointing to her, I'm sure now you can see that it was inevitable!

Stay with me.

The faculty save based on the performance and characters of aspirants in the Academy. If you follow, you would observe that jeff is very polite to them if yiu notice he always ends with "yes ma, yes sir with a significant bowing of his head", he takes to instructions, and he has a very good vocal sense. Still on that with his last performance he didn't deserve to be on probation, he definitely performed past anderson the last time. And due to his pained/broken leg, he still fought hard to perform on stage such that some viewers didn't even notice that he was in pain. Looking at all these any sane person at that point in time would pick jeff over anderson.

So who is the real culprit? Its MTN, due to their greedyness they decided to put all contestants on probation in order to make fast cash for the running of the programme, but still if you are pained that anderson is gone, DID YOU VOTE HIM? IF YOU VOTED ANOTHER CONTESTANT YOU ARE JUST AS GREEDY AS MTN! #GBAM

I have been voting since season 3,but dis season, I decided not to.Let me just enjoy d show,and not have any favourites,perharps to make me objective in my analysis.Having said dat,i feel 'swag' has been scarce dis season,those who have it don't sing well(Deinde n Chike),IMO and dose than sing well don't have it(Anderson n Jeff).Ada n Arewa n maybe Oluchi r trying,ie dey maintain a good balance of singing/performance.I see Oluchi springing up a big surprise. As for Chike,its very obvious that he still has stage fright,which he almost conquers with his confidence n likeable personality,but it's getting to d stage where his lack of prior experience would show.Pearl to me is trying,there's something still missing n Deinde has not been convincing enough. Kumi,Hmmm all d best but I don't know how long she will keep on being saved.Having said all that,i strongly believe it's a woman's season to win.Ps I still miss Adora
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by martineverest(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
Haba...jeff is d most talented male singer in pf...deinde and chike should av gone
Elxandre:

Proudly #Heartless grin

This eviction system is unfair abeg.
Jeff shoulda packed his bags instead on Anderson.

And the contestants should just stop voting cos the majority sex would always vote their own.
And now there are More girls left.

I'm sorry for any guy that finds himself on probation. grin
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by opeaceo: 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:

I was emphasizing boredom wen i used d khadasians. In a reality show, u gotta give us drama irrespective of the main quest.

Then use like for like, don't compare conductor to a driver.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by warriorprincess: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:

The guys started the gender voting thing wen dey saved richie., chike repeated it again. Now to the ladies, its payback time. To me, it was brilliant, they played a fair game

its not all about gender voting, the voting is for the fellow contestants to see who performed the most and from the look of things Anderson performed the most
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by beright: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
Abeg no vex o, tomorro na another day
omowaleola:
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by gengen118: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
AbuadStudent:

Lets go on.

Stay with me.

GOD bless u. I just left mtn pf Facebook page, and I was wondering, given the number of people complaining even with the hashtag#bringbackanderson,if they had all voted for him dis wouldn't have happened.
I like Anderson too he is one of my favorite.. So sad he left. I don't think I will watch the elimination show sef, I usually wait for them to upload the video on YouTube to watch, but hey I don't like the outcome....I lost all enthusiasm

I fear for Jeff too, coz him and Anderson r d ones I really like in the house voice or no voice, swag or no swag.i just like dem. am really sad now that I can't vote. I knw my votes usually count..
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Zellie: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:

Anderson may be a good singer but the she-male is boring. Thats the edge chike n dehinde has over him, even biko is kinda boring too and i guess that's what unworked for them.

that was very unnecessary, he can't change how he looks even if he wanted to.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by activelyA(f): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:

Babe how far, ive not watched today,s episode but i hear ur female looking hero has been evicted.
Didnt i tellu? *evil laugh*
Don't annoy me oooo sad
*slaps him and burst out into uncontrollable tears*
Ooooh my...
Why did this happen OMG

I have been crying since...
OOOH!!!
NOT FAIR
*gives macklef a hotter slap and bang the door as he wails*** angry

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
I am not, dear.. Yea, I was very busy.. 7 already down? Awwwww... Maybe, I'll see tomorrow's own...
Guess you are good?
Sure,i'm...How 'bout u?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
I am not, dear.. Yea, I was very busy.. 7 already down? Awwwww... Maybe, I'll see tomorrow's own...
Guess you are good?
Sure,i'm...How 'bout u?
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by omowaleola(f): 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
macklef:

I condemned the Richie act too though but that wasn't so touching cos Jennifer didn't perform well despite her the sonorous voice.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by Aitee1: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
omowaleola:

grin grin grin

My phone no gree bold...the buhari part got me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by mzpetite(f): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
therz sth abt tonight's show. Chike and dehinde changed what they first wrote! I dunno if anybody noticed. coz at the end we didn't get to see Chike and dehinde's votes. ther slate was down bfore dey Joseph Benjamin started counting the votes(at dat point I saw Chike whispering to dehinde) and when it almst got to their turn it looked like they just finished writing. did anyone notice

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by warriorprincess: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2015
opeaceo:

Then use like for like, don't compare conductor to a driver.

exactly

1 Like

Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by phrezzz: 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
ALL TeamAnderson fans there is hope. anderson might be recalled. u need to be on twitter massive protest ongoing and the hastag #bringbackanderson is trending. just like d way ellah was called back, he would pls join if u can.
Re: MTN Project Fame Season 8 Official Thread by warriorprincess: 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
mzpetite:
therz sth abt tonight's show. Chike and dehinde changed what they first wrote! I dunno if anybody noticed. coz at the end we didn't get to see Chike and dehinde's votes. ther slate was down bfore dey Joseph Benjamin started counting the votes(at dat point I saw Chike whispering to dehinde) and when it almst got to their turn it looked like they just finished writing. did anyone noticed? ??

the only thing I noticed is the really didn't show Chike and Deinde's vote pls if u saw it tell me who they voted for

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (132) (Reply)

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House / Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.