Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead (34230 Views)

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo In Surprise Muritala International Airport Visit / Nasir Zarummai, Sokoto Commissioner Is Dead (photos) / $15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Naijboyzz: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/--WRpltqJYw0/VbVPYNYnI0I/AAAAAAAADtY/_m40WtdHsIo/s1600/599x300xINEC_VOTERSG-599x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Et_4YvgeA9-795337.jpg[/img]

Professor Muritala Salau, the INEC National Commissioner representing South West has died at 67.

Mr. Salau, a former Vice Chancellor of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Ogbomoso, died at Turkish Hospital in Abuja after a brief illness on Saturday.

He was buried according to Islamic rites at the Muslim Cemetery, Moniya, Ibadan, on Sunday evening.

His corpse arrived at the Ibadan airport at 4.15 p.m. where the Janazah (funeral) prayers.

The prayer was witnessed by his immediate family members, INEC officials, members of the academic community, Islamic clerics, Muslim groups and other sympathisers.

The corpse was later led to the cemetery in a long convoy where he was buried amidst prayers.
An in-law to the deceased, Ishaq Sanni, who also double as the Chairman, Muslim Community of Oyo State, described his death as painful, as he was always concerned about people’s welfare.

Mr. Sanni said the Muslim community would miss him greatly because of his exemplary leadership qualities and kindness to the people.

Speaking in the same vein, a colleague of the deceased at INEC, Lai Olurode, said his death was sad and a personal loss to him as the two of them were from both the academic community and South West.

Mr. Olurode said he was with the deceased in Abuja before he took ill where he spoke as if he knew he was going to die soon.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Mr. Salau was born on November 21, 1947, in Ibadan, Oyo State.

He attended Islamic High School, Orita Bashorun, Ibadan on Western Region Scholarship between 1960 and 1964, and proceeded to University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Osun State to study Physics on Federal Government Scholarship where he graduated in 1971.

His passion for education took him to Stanford University Palo –Alto Ca94305, USA, where he obtained his Master of Science and Ph. D degrees in Applied Physics in 1974 and 1976, respectively.
He was Sole Administrator, LAUTECH from June 15, 1997, to July 5, 1999. He became Acting Vice Chancellor of the school on July 6, 1999 and he was confirmed as substantive Vice Chancellor on May 23, 2000, where he was till May 22, 2005.

Mr. Salau was sworn-in by former President Goodluck Jonathan on January 7, 2015, as INEC National Commissioner, representing the South West, the position he held till his demise.

A devoted Muslim, the deceased was survived by his wife and children.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/187313-inec-national-commissioner-is-dead.html
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
Rip.
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by coolestrogue(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
Professor Muritala Salau, the INEC National Commissioner representing South West has died at [size=15pt]67.[/size]
At this age a man is supposed to be in retirement. I think we should be encouraging young people. What can a man @ this age really do?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Tolexander: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by olaboy33(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP to the dead.....oya where's the northern guy that will replace him

FTC?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by DeWisedon(m): 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
the man has nothing to loose,he made enough for his children.
my papa for work harder,i for no dey here dey smoke garri witout sugar

1 Like

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by AroOkigbo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
At this age a man is supposed to be in retirement. I think we should be encouraging young people. What can a man @ this age really do?
Yet a 72yr old is at the helm of affairs.
Any wonder the country seems to be at a standstill! !
RIP to the dead.
67?? E don try for dis present world.
How I wished my wife, my mum, my brother reach dat age sef.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Demmocrats(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
sad
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Demmocrats(m): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Tolexander: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
but he did his part successfully!

6 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
AroOkigbo:

a 72years old President with smart lieutenants and policy-formers/makers is good to go. Buhari unfortunately has non of these

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by joseph1832(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
a 72years old President with smart lieutenants and policy-formers/makers is good to go. Buhari unfortunately has non of these
According to you!.

17 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
Tolexander:
but he did his part successfully!
At his age he was supposed to be resting. We need to encourage people of 30s-50s, not bringing back some retired Academia

1 Like

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by SAIBUHAR1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Jamiu, stay here am coming
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
AroOkigbo:

RIP to the dead.
67?? E don try for dis present world.
How I wished my wife, my mum, my brother reach dat age sef.
rip to your relatives man

4 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:

You don't throwaway experience when the possessor is willing to offer his/her services

Wisdom increases with age and learning is better delivered by the learned

16 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
GOD have mercy. Even when the man is dead u are still wailing U seriously need help cos u are losing it gradually. No offence.

15 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
cry me a river u sore loserPMB is your president and there nothing u can do about it. Damn!!!

12 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You don't throwaway experience when the possessor is willing to offer his/her services

Wisdom increases with age and learning is better delivered by the learned
Bro I agree that wisdom comes with age, hence, old people are suited for critical Advisory role not operational role like INEC Commissioner. That role requires modern day brilliance and a smart mind for efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP to the Dead.
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by starboyzz: 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nice blog! RIP
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:
Bro I agree that wisdom comes with age, hence, old people are suited for critical Advisory role not operational role like INEC Commissioner. That role requires modern day brilliance and a smart mind for efficiency.

But the age bracket you expect to take up such roles wants to get rich overnight hence the clash of interest and the group's non-suitability. This is one of the reasons that invariably disqualify their services on ethical grounds.

7 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
sameer1212:
GOD have mercy. Even when the man is dead u are still wailing U seriously need help cos u are losing it gradually. No offence.

When will I finally lose it?

1 Like

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

But the age bracket you expect to take up such roles wants to get rich overnight hence clash of interest and groups non suitability and invariable disqualification on ethical grounds.
That should be because the older generation failed in passing morals to the younger. What we should do is to encourage younger ppl than recycling retirees for positions that are way beyond them

1 Like

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:

When will I finally lose it?
lol. Even though we don't agree on some issues about politics due to your sentiments,I never pray for that day to come. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by shininstar42: 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
barcanista:

God almighty will surely deliver dis country from d hands of dis old men dat hv refused to go on retirement thereby keeping our vibrant youth jobless.
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2015
sameer1212:
lol. Even though we don't agree on some issues about politics due to your sentiments,I never pray for that day to come. undecided
well, I'm glad to knw that

1 Like

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
shininstar42:

God almighty will surely deliver dis country from d hands of dis old men dat hv refused to go on retirement thereby keeping our vibrant youth jobless.
Even that 67 may be his "Official age"... Na God go help us
Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by richybanky(m): 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
RIP Prof Akin Salau.. Best teacher #SolidStatePhysics#SolarEnergy

3 Likes

Re: Muritala Salau, INEC National-Commissioner Is Dead by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:04am On Jul 27, 2015
barcanista:
That should be because the older generation failed in passing morals to the younger. What we should do is to encourage younger ppl than recycling retirees for positions that are way beyond them

You forget that the Holy Books call them End time generation that does what seems right in their own eyes.

Cursing their parents and disobeying their orders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out / Kenneth Okonkwo Tackles El-rufai Over Assassination Of Kaduna LP Woman Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.