Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

After 22 Years The News Bids Farewell To Print, Moves Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After 22 Years The News Bids Farewell To Print, Moves Online (363 Views)

Jumia Moves Farther From Profit, Posts USD 61 Million Loss In Six Months / CBN Moves To Strengthen Naira, Injects More Dollars / CBN Fails To Print Lesser Naira Denominations In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After 22 Years The News Bids Farewell To Print, Moves Online by solodox(m): 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
After 22 years of hitting Nigeria’s news stands weekly, The News m​agazine ha​s​ transformed into a largely online newspaper after falling advertising revenues. The magazine will​ now be printed monthly, while resources are channeled into
feeding its online platform with fresh stories and breaking news, according to the management. The transition to online media came barely three weeks after the magazine’s sister publication and evening newspaper, PM News​,​ ended its print run. Announcing the decision to jettison the weekly hard copy in the July 27th edition of the magazine, Bayo Onanuga​, the magazine’s editor-in-chief,​ said that​ ​​rising cost of printing over the past few years had failed to keep pace with revenue​ inflow​. “The transition to internet publishing has been informed by the rising costs of production and declining advertising income, which make the continuous production in print form, very unprofitable,” Mr. Onanuga​ wrote in the magazine.
Re: After 22 Years The News Bids Farewell To Print, Moves Online by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
Welcome to the new world. Just make your website more mobile responsive.

1 Like

Re: After 22 Years The News Bids Farewell To Print, Moves Online by dominique(f): 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
There used to be a time i bought complete sports and punch almost everyday. Now I get all my info online, I've not bought a newspaper in at least 3 years. Fewer people buy and read newspapers these days, online publication is the best way to go.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Wealthiest Couple / Be Your Own Boss And Earn Up To 200k Monthly / 25vviral Nokia Codes That Will Blow Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.