Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima (52739 Views)

Governor Kashim Shettima Harvests Cucumbers From His Farm (Photos) / Throwback Picture Of Governor Kashim Shettima / My Wife Went As Far Being Ready To Die With Me In 2014 - Gov Kashim Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
bigiyaro:
u no get work ni?am not judgin anybody o, i am jst talkin abt how islam n islamic guys r killin n destroyin everytin in sigt in d name of allah, or am i lieing?

Yes you are because there are over 1.7billion Muslims in this world and majority of them are not involve in that so why use the action of less than 2% who misunderstood the verses to conclude on Islam and the entire Muslims? Please be sincere.

If someone misunderstood instruction is it the fault of the Instructor or the fault of the listener who misunderstood? Any reasonable person will agree that it is the fault of the one who misunderstood and not the fault of the Instructor. Hope you get my point.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Nice...but tell buhari to call his boyz to order
Has ur grey matter being relocated 2 ur booty ni?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Lawsimon(m): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
I'm happy that he included himself in the blame for the growth of Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dnarvaez:

Where did you conjure this enormous piece of figmented rubbish from?
Don't tell its the bible I read cos I'm sure as hell its not! Oh maybe your worthless qu'ran?
Again muhammad & his stone (allah) are crying in hell. If you're pained,
go hit your head on a brick wall.

Why don't you go to your bible and check? You will find that I have not forge any of these verses and they are indeed in your bible. May be you only read the part your pastor ask you to read.

Cant you make a point without abuse? You know I am not brought up with the culture of abusing someone just because he disagree with my believe.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
excusemyfrench:
don't try to paint your terrorist religion white. You guys are all potential terrorists. Most of what you wrote are verses from the old testament. There's a new testament that changed all that.

Is Mathew old testament?

By the way are you denying the old testament? Listen to what Jesus said: Mathew 5:

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

So according to the above the old testament is part of the bible and its laws are valid for anyone who believe in Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
zicoraads:
YakubuA...did you see my response? I would like you to post a reply to it, or not?

By the way, are you familiar with Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses?'

I have responded to you. Have you not seen it?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by zionzoe(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
Pls can I buy you a Bottle of Coke?......honestly u just made my day.
This Government need to gather minds like yours and glean from them.
Thank you!
bonechamberlain:
Islam, don't know if it is a religion or a cult. how can there not be a problem when the foundation was built on violence. Muhammed started it fighting and forcefully converting people, uthman Dan fodio brought the. nonsense to Nigeria fighting and also forcefully converting people, and we called that religion of peace. why Christians aren't violent is because the foundation was based on peace and love for one another. Christ came, instead of staying to enjoy with his peacefully converted brothers he choose to die for us, the Europeans came into Nigeria despite all their selfish desires no body was forcefully converted. we have various bodies in Christianity but none preaches violence. in islam if there are 10, six preaches jihad ( violence). pls u guys ( Muslims) should go and some soul searching and be sure u are in the right place.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by azpekuliar: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Islam, don't know if it is a religion or a cult. how can there not be a problem when the foundation was built on violence. Muhammed started it fighting and forcefully converting people, uthman Dan fodio brought the. nonsense to Nigeria fighting and also forcefully converting people, and we called that religion of peace. why Christians aren't violent is because the foundation was based on peace and love for one another. Christ came, instead of staying to enjoy with his peacefully converted brothers he choose to die for us, the Europeans came into Nigeria despite all their selfish desires no body was forcefully converted. we have various bodies in Christianity but none preaches violence. in islam if there are 10, six preaches jihad ( violence). pls u guys ( Muslims) should go and some soul searching and be sure u are in the right place.

You really do not know the history of Christianity. I suggest you go read up the history books. Islam is today where Christianity was in the 13th century. As far as I am concerned all religion in the wrong hands will eventually become vile and manipulative, reason I why I will continue to advocate for atheism.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:
[s]Why don't you go to your bible and check? You will find that I have not forge any of these verses and they are indeed in your bible. May be you only read the part your pastor ask you to read.

Cant you make a point without abuse? You know I am not brought up with the culture of abusing someone just because he disagree with my believe.[/s]
Only such gabage can be found in the junk called qu'ran.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Okbath(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
OK he was wasting his security vote allocation without providing security personnel to the sheiks. though he first took a blame. but he pointed out a very important foundation cause of the
insurgence .

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by tuniski: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
be deluding yourself about alien religion and ignorance. The bible has the record of wars and violence like no any other book. The worst violence on earth have been committed by Christians and their nations chief being america and Israel. Study your history before coming public abi what is crusade in xtianity? Many have been brainwashed by western media that even when they see white they call it black. May god help my country nigeria as we fight terrorism.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by zicoraads: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

If the sword is not real what about the blood is it also not real blood? What about the crusade when they enter Jerusalem? According to the Christian history when the crusade enter Jerusalem flood flow like rain water. Whose blood was it? The Muslims blood. Who spilled it? The Christians.

Furthermore Matthew 5 says:

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

The above reaffirm that the old testament is still part of the Christian doctrine.

Finally my point is that if someone interpret the verse of the bible literally and carryout a heinous act will you condemn Christianity or the bible? I am sure your answer is NO. Why? Because you will say it is the fault of the person who misunderstood the verse.

In the same way those who engage in the acts of killing innocent people misunderstood the verses of the Quran and they are less than 2% of the Muslim population so why do you crucify Islam and Muslims because of the misunderstanding of less than 2% of them?

We Muslims never blamed Christianity or bible or Jesus when the crusade massacred the Muslims in Jerusalem but we blame only those who participated in the acts and also believe that they did not understood Jesus message.
Well, over the years, both Muslims and christians have killed using God's name. The crusades is a case in point. But the truth is, the bible has never justified killing. No matter under any guise. So, even for those that participated in the Crusades, they were only told it was God's command. They had no biblical justification for their actions. However, right from Prophet Mohammed to Uthman Dan Fodio, Jihads have been fought with Koranic backing. They always sight the Qur'an for their actions.

I am not condemning every muslim for the actions of these people that kill, I am only saying that their preachers always sight Koranic verses.

And I didn't say the old testament is not part of the bible, I only said the old testament can not be understood without the new testament. And we shouldn't jump the gun yet, let us wait until someone, or a group decides to act violently and cite bible verses to back up their actions. The truth is, it has never happened in Christianity, so why is it constantly happening in Islam? Even if it is just 1 percent, we should start asking questions about the message itself, which is the Qur'an. Sometimes, the problem lies with the message and not the messenger.

1 Like

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dnarvaez:

Only such gabage can be found in the junk called qu'ran.

Did you check your bible or not? All the verses are in your bible. Below is what Jesus said Mathew 5

Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by ziccoit: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:

Liar!
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by zionzoe(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
I must come in here........my muslim friend, even if you study the bible from now till tomorrow, you cannot understand it. You are a Natural Man
"But the natural man recieveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually DISCERNED" 1 Corinth. 2:14
I wish I can look into your eyeball and tell you that........Ur foundations(Mohammed(SAW) 's Character is faulty. Tell me one thing that my Foundation( Jesus Christ) did wrong and I will follow a better person , with a better Character.
Yoruba says "Iwa l'ewa".
Let us even forget how these great men said.........the question is what did dey do? An Islamic Cleric who was bold to say that he has more moral Justification/ better Character than Mohammed(SAW) Eight others are sentensed to death, why?you guys prefer Container with a Rotten content.
I respect Muslims.......but can u for a minute ask yourself "If God who created all humans will order for 2/3 of them 2 be killed because u call them infidels?"
Can any all d Muslims in the world create a Man? Have any life been ressurected in d name of Alah or Mohammed( but think of how many life are been lost in their names?
Just look at d fruits and make a descision. U might not like Christ, but He is Simply the best. I don't pray for Him to get to Heaven or be Favored to get there as you pray for Mohammed daily! Jesus is already at the right hand of God now.......
Stephen an Example of a good Mytre[ saw him in
Act 7:55
"But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into Heaven, and saw the Glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God"
Be smart.......let my people think oooo!
YakubuA:

Is Mathew old testament?

By the way are you denying the old testament? Listen to what Jesus said: Mathew 5:

So according to the above the old testament is part of the bible and its laws are valid for anyone who believe in Jesus.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Freelancer007(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Nice...but tell buhari to call his boyz to order

It's obvious you are deluded by hate... Take it or leave it... Buhari remains the President.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by YakubuA: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
zicoraads:
Well, over the years, both Muslims and christians have killed using God's name. The crusades is a case in point. But the truth is, the bible has never justified killing. No matter under any guise. So, even for those that participated in the Crusades, they were only told it was God's command. They had no biblical justification for their actions. However, right from Prophet Mohammed to Uthman Dan Fodio, Jihads have been fought with Koranic backing. They always sight the Qur'an for their actions.

I am not condemning every muslim for the actions of these people that kill, I am only saying that their preachers always sight Koranic verses.

And I didn't say the old testament is not part of the bible, I only said the old testament can not be understood without the new testament. And we shouldn't jump the gun yet, let us wait until someone, or a group decides to act violently and cite bible verses to back up their actions. The truth is, it has never happened in Christianity, so why is it constantly happening in Islam? Even if it is just 1 percent, we should start asking questions about the message itself, which is the Qur'an. Sometimes, the problem lies with the message and not the messenger.

For sure the crusaders were following the commands from the bible do not forget that almost all the European countries participated in that "Holy War" which according to them was to liberate Jerusalem which was occupied by the infidels. What was their justifications if not these verses of the bible?

Try to read the bible as a whole you will discover many places where wars were fought by the Christians in the name of their believe. Also go and check the history of Christianity in Europe and the war between the Christians and Philosophers in Europe.

There is no difference between the old and new testament based on what Jesus said in the new testament: Mathew 5

And that include the verses I quoted earlier unless of course if you are not a follower of Jesus. That is why he said 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. And I assume every follower of Jesus want to be called great in the kingdom of heaven. And the only way for that to happen is by doing what he commanded.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Sability(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=bonechamberlain post=36313149]Islam, don't know if it is a religion or a cult. how can there not be a problem when the foundation was built on violence. Muhammed started it fighting and forcefully converting people, uthman Dan fodio brought the. nonsense to Nigeria fighting and also forcefully converting people, and we called that religion of peace. why Christians aren't violent is because the foundation was based on peace and love for one another. Christ came, instead of staying to enjoy with his peacefully converted brothers he choose to die for us, the Europeans came into Nigeria despite all their selfish desires no body was forcefully converted. we have various bodies in Christianity but none preaches violence. in islam if there are 10, six preaches jihad ( violence). pls u guys ( Muslims) should go and some soul searching and be sure u are in the right place.[/quote

Bros you enter class wella
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:
[s]Did you check your bible or not? All the verses are in your bible. Below is what Jesus said Mathew 5

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.[/s]
Alright. I've had enough of this.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Meritbaba(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
illiad:
They're not talking because the terrorists are also Muslims
see dis mugun, can't you read and comprehend for once?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by bigiyaro(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

Yes you are because there are over 1.7billion Muslims in this world and majority of them are not involve in that so why use the action of less than 2% who misunderstood the verses to conclude on Islam and the entire Muslims? Please be sincere.

If someone misunderstood instruction is it the fault of the Instructor or the fault of the listener who misunderstood? Any reasonable person will agree that it is the fault of the one who misunderstood and not the fault of the Instructor. Hope you get my point.
its d fault of d instructor who failed to convey d instructions properly, a gud instructor knows how to give his instruction n to make sure dey r well understood. I can see dat u r tryin to seprate islam n violence, i tink it will be easier for u to seprate sweetness from honey.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by illiad: 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
Meritbaba:

see dis mugun, can't you read and comprehend for once?

Read what Mr Arindin?

If your imams did not send their Almajiris to kill and loot people and their properties all those years would they have grown to become bokos?

Did your miserable bloodletting imams speak out when businessmen women children pregnant women and fetuses were being slaughtered in the north?

Damn you and damn your clerics
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by illiad: 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
mjb05:
did u understand wat u read @ all, think b4 u talk

If your imams did not send their Almajiris to kill and loot people and their properties all those years would they have grown to become bokos?

Did these bloodletting imams speak out when businessmen women children pregnant women and fetuses were being slaughtered in the north?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by limamintruth: 6:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
YakubuA:

But why is it that muslims are "most" prone to misquote their supposed 'holy' book and be misguided by dubious clerics than faithfuls of all other religions

YakubuA:

Is Mathew old testament?

It is true that Jesus Christ did not come into the world to abolish the ancient laws as proscribed by God Himself. This is to show that God never made mistake when He made these laws for the nation of Isreal in time past.

And the same biblical verses you quoted further explains that Jesus Christ came to earth to "FULFIL(accomplish)" the law. And He(Jesus Christ) has indeed fulfilled the law with His death on the cross for the sins of mankind.
Hence, the law ceases to exist now not because it was abolished but because it has been fulfilled in full & duly discharged as accomplished. In other words, its purpose has been accomplished, thus its existence ends.
Comprendel? undecided

And now back to the thread, Governor Shettima is absolutely right on this one cos I'm also of the opinion that our northern islamic clerics have a vital role to play in the fight against terrorism ravaging the north at the moment.
I really wonder why they are so scared of death like this when most of these clerics are already aged sef, & B.T.W no one will live on this earth forever cos death is inevitable.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by limamintruth: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
azpekuliar:

You really do not know the history of Christianity. I suggest you go read up the history books. Islam is today where Christianity was in the 13th century. As far as I am concerned all religion in the wrong hands will eventually become vile and manipulative, reason I why I will continue to advocate for atheism.

And you think islam just started breeding terrorists today abi? undecided

Islamic terrorists (a.k.a mujahiddeens, islamists, jihadists e.t.c) have been in existence since the time of their prophet muhammed till date. Its obvious you need to research more on the history of these jihadists.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by limamintruth: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
zicoraads:

In the whole of human history, the only christian extremist group that may be termed 'christian terrorist group' is 'the crusaders'. And candidly speaking, the crusaders can be rightly considered as terrorists ONLY if the perpetrators of ancient islamic conquests are also regarded as terrorists as well. This is because the crusaders only acted the same way the islamic-conquests' perpetrators did.

You shouldnt therefore allow hypocritical muslims make you regard B.H's actions as alien to islam. Dont fall for that cheap lie.
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by sinkhole: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
WaffenSS:

have you ever paid any tax in your miserable life?
I could have ansa u stuiipid jobless low life almajiri, but I went to where I work and have tax deducted on me on monthly basis!
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by IceDude(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Nice one!
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by WaffenSS(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
sinkhole:
I could have ansa u stuiipid jobless low life almajiri, but I went to where I work and have tax deducted on me on monthly basis!

And this almajiri knows english better than you do. Was your education tax-deductible too? Or you just innately dense by virtue of genetic predisposition?
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by Meritbaba(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
illiad:

Read what Mr Arindin?

Did your miserable bloodletting imams speak out when businessmen women children pregnant women and fetuses were being slaughtered in the north?

Damn you and damn your clerics
I still insists you never read the thing, oponu wayray jati jati omo inu igbo
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by bonechamberlain(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
IceDude:
Nice one!
gratias
Re: Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima by bonechamberlain(m): 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
tuniski:
be deluding yourself about alien religion and ignorance. The bible has the record of wars and violence like no any other book. The worst violence on earth have been committed by Christians and their nations chief being america and Israel. Study your history before coming public abi what is crusade in xtianity? Many have been brainwashed by western media that even when they see white they call it black. May god help my country nigeria as we fight terrorism.
u have deviated, the issue is were those wars fought to convert people. since u are good with the bible find that out. for ur information I don't believe most things about Christianity but it didn't convert people forcefully

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rally For Bola Tinubu In Akure (Photos) / Video Of President-Elect Bola Tinubu At The National Mosque Yesterday / Deji Adeyanju Reacts As APC Rally Suffers Low Turnout In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.