Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time (1332 Views)

Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time / Toyota Highlander 2002 Engine / Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Gbaj(m): 4:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Toyota Highlander 2002 is showing both R and D at same time when I engage reverse gear. Car vibrates and reverses sluggishly. Pls help.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by bikerboy1(m): 4:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Just sell off the car and buy a new one. # Just suggesting oo. mechanic wahala, you won't like it.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Jul 27, 2015
Gbaj:

Toyota Highlander 2002 is showing both R and D at same time when I engage reverse gear. Car vibrates and reverses sluggishly. Pls help.

You are every where.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW-9F6ANyTer7M6Sq7pVDbJ19U2TVsMHIOjMvxxMnrz_EAuHZe0w[/img]

Water got into this part.

Located here. [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvkP21iytZAi74QxE6q9Vd1bCaLPEvXXDZMFwBHQYI7X4E_Hw1aQ[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Jul 27, 2015
bikerboy1:
Just sell off the car and buy a new one. # Just suggesting oo. mechanic wahala, you won't like it.

If every one sold their cars each time it had a problem, that would be really nice grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Gbaj(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You are every where.
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW-9F6ANyTer7M6Sq7pVDbJ19U2TVsMHIOjMvxxMnrz_EAuHZe0w[/img]
Water got into this part.
Located here. [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvkP21iytZAi74QxE6q9Vd1bCaLPEvXXDZMFwBHQYI7X4E_Hw1aQ[/img]

Thanks a lot GAZZUZZ. Was scared it was a tranny failure. Am so relieved. Pls do you have an idea how much that part costs? .Thanks

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by colossus2: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2015
Gbaj:

Thanks a lot GAZZUZZ. Was scared it was a tranny failure. Am so relieved. Pls do you have an idea how much that part costs? .Thanks
Guess that's what the kazeems call starting switch
Between 5-8k sha
Go to the market with the one in your car so you don't purchase the one with a different pin (I think there is 10pin and 13pin version - not sure of the pin versions though but there are different types)
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Denn(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Nice gazzuzz

I think I should come to your workshop to learn from the master.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Gbaj(m): 8:12am On Jul 27, 2015
colossus2:

Guess that's what the kazeems call starting switch
Between 5-8k sha
Go to the market with the one in your car so you don't purchase the one with a different pin (I think there is 10pin and 13pin version - not sure of the pin versions though but there are different types)
Thanks a lot, I appreciate.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2015
Denn:
Nice gazzuzz

I think I should come to your workshop to learn from the master.

Just a boi sad
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by freshvine(f): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If every one sold their cars each time it had a problem, that would be really nice grin

Everyone advice selling cars when it develop fault. Sale to who exactly, Aliens?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Gbaj(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2015
Gbaj:

I replaced the switch and everything seems normal now. Just that i traveled with the car and noticed that the kick down function wasn't as smart as it was before. Could it be that the switch I got isn't soo good?
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2015
Gbaj:

I replaced the switch and everything seems normal now. Just that i traveled with the car and noticed that the kick down function wasn't as smart as it was before. Could it be that the switch I got isn't soo good?
Easy get a "knowledgeable" mechanic to adjust this cable (it goes to the gearbox)

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN7-vB0fA9yzByekP4qVFwX_T9RMX4Z1EihlwN7fV65Bw2bM8N[/img]

If it's done properly all will be well.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Gbaj(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Easy get a "knowledgeable" mechanic to adjust this cable (it goes to the gearbox)

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN7-vB0fA9yzByekP4qVFwX_T9RMX4Z1EihlwN7fV65Bw2bM8N[/img]

If it's done properly all will be well.
Thanks a lot, i will do that. We truly appreciate your expertise on this forum
Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by lonelydora: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time by Gbaj(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
lonelydora:

Barman, give him a bottle for my head.
Sipping d beer and asking the barman to give u one on top my head too sir. Pls see my engine pic attached, pls can u highlight the position on my own engine? Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Toyota Matrix 2005 Model From Cotonou / If You Haven't Ride Or Own This Car Before, Then You Need Deliverance / No Dashboard Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.