Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,288 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False (16826 Views)

Senate’s Forgery Investigation Concluded Before My Appointment – AGF / Face off : Senate Attacks Presidency on Forgery / Tinubu Media Office Warns Against Foul Media Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2015
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has said it has not concluded its investigations into the alleged forgery of the Senate’s Standing Order, adding that no copy of its report had been handed to President Muhammadu Buhari as reported in some sections of the media.

Speaking to THISDAY yesterday on the purported report, the Force Public Relations Officer Emmanuel Ojukwu described as false the news report that the investigation into the alleged forgery had been concluded and a report submitted to the president by the police.

A news story at the weekend claimed that the president had received a copy of the police report last week, confirming that the Standing Rules used to inaugurate the Eighth Assembly were forged.

In the story, the police were said to have recommended the prosecution of those found culpable of forging the rules, which were used in the election of the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, and his deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu on June 9, 2015.
The report was said to have indicted the management of the National Assembly, especially the clerk, Salisu Maikasuwa, among others, and recommended the prosecution of the suspects.

However, Ojukwu told THISDAY that the investigation was still ongoing, adding that no report was submitted to the president.
“I want to state categorically that the investigation into the allegation of forgery at the Senate is still ongoing. We have not concluded it yet, so where did the media get the information that not only has it been concluded but handed over to President Mohammed Buhari.

The investigation is still ongoing and whenever it is ready, we will make it available to the public. The media report that we have concluded the investigation into the case is false and should be disregarded,” he said.

Also commenting on the story, a Senator said he expected the police, being part of the executive arm of government, to recognise the separation of powers, which could invalidate their findings.

He added that if there were any alterations to the Senate rules, they must have been done by the civil servants in the National Assembly and not the senators who had not even been sworn-in to review the rules.

Acting on a petition by Senator Sulaiman Hunkuyi of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the police had on July 6 quizzed Maikasuwa over the alleged forgery of the standing rules of the upper legislative chamber.
The petition alleged that some parts of the 2015 rules were different from the one ratified by the Sixth Senate in 2010 and was used by the Seventh Senate in 2011.

The police, on the strength of the petition, had subsequently quizzed the leadership of the Seventh Senate, including former Senate President David Mark; his deputy (now Saraki’s deputy), Ekweremadu; former Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba; and the former Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and Business, Senator Ita Enang.

Maikasuwa, who is the custodian of the standing rules, was also invited for questioning by the police.
But as the crisis from last month’s leadership election in the National Assembly festers, Buhari will today meet the APC caucus in the House of Representatives.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, confirmed the meeting to State House correspondents yesterday.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-investigation-into-forgery-of-senate-rules-inconclusive/215720/
Cc lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by san316(m): 7:10am On Jul 27, 2015
Toh in ji Mai tellen totuwa a birnin toto

If u think Nigerian Journalists are demented click 'like' if you think their case is worse "share"

9 Likes 53 Shares

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by idari: 7:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Who even believed dem at d first place,I knew it was APC normal lies and deceit ways of misguiding d gullible citizens.ANYWAY BUHARI IS LIVE ON NTA I need an interpreter asap because all I can hear is aaaahhh aaaaah why is d man moaning na sad

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by bunmioguns(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Ghen ghen

Now who is lying here

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by dammytosh: 7:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Another opportunity to scream WITCH HUNT

Bukola Saraki is a criminal and will go to any length to get power including daring his Father.

By the time the heat is turned on, he will run for his life and leave the senate seat.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by buzquet(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Most corrupt organisation on dis planet is NPF. nsao dem go say bail is free bt na lie

7 Likes

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by disloman(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Which one do u want us to believe now?NPF!Get ur ass 2getha.

1 Like

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by psychologist(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2015
the fear of buhari is the beginning of lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by eleojo23: 7:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Expect more lies from this APC led government.

Politics of lies activated.
Installing update of today's lie...
30% Complete...Loading...

"Please do not power off your TV or stop reading your newspapers...

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by kennyman2000(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Hmmm... Money has exchanged hands.. Money has gotten their tone changed..

5 Likes

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by henryutd(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2015
Lies everywhere since May 29. I don't believe the media anymore. I don't even listen to radio anymore. Only TV for now. So that I will see and hear the person speaking live.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by LatestTrend: 7:14am On Jul 27, 2015
cheesy
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by midolian(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Chai! Naija media!

Just give them a topic. I can assure you they ll concoct a story for you on the said topic within minutes.

*spits*

2 Likes

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by MrCounselor: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2015
kk
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by chesterlee(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2015
season of denial
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Trash..,..There is a clear case of forgery so Police no need hidden it from us.
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by djakinwande(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2015
I neva for once trust d Nigeria police so am nt suprised.
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by sorom4: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2015
STOP : Children of Hate at Work!!! Always hating and lying MORE than before since May 29
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Ivanspring(f): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2015
Just like ftc on nairaland, the role of the media in Nigeria today is now, ''First to Report''. Whether the news is true or false doesn't matter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by knightsTempler: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2015
undecided

Since may 29th the news media has gone to the dogs, i don't know who lie the most, lair Mohammed or the news media.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by prof17(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2015
Is only a fool that will believe on that self-agreedise madia report!!!!!!!!
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by donholy28(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2015
Trust no one in the government... they say and they deny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by onadana: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2015
Nigeria I hail thee...nothing we no go c or hear.
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Chibokgame: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2015
APC media arm,
Always quick to come to conclusions.

Now what's next?

1 Like

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by BlackPeni5: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2015
Where did the Nation newspaper get its news from...Very soon I'll stop reading any news posted by that newspaper.

4 Likes

Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Demmocrats(m): 7:18am On Jul 27, 2015
What a good development, now they should concentrate and govern us wells
www.
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by ajilegend(m): 7:18am On Jul 27, 2015
Which one are we to believe?
Re: Police Says Media Reports On Forgery Investigation False by Dindondin(m): 7:19am On Jul 27, 2015
OK. crazy country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners / Rumble In APC As Zonal Chairmen Move Against Oyegun / APC Convention: Chairmen In Four South-south States Reject Oshiomhole (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.