Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 (57735 Views)

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / Caption The Throwback Picture Of Ooni Of Ife 'adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi' / THROW BACK : White Woman Learning How To Wash Cloth From Nigerian Women In 1915 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
M
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by delishpot: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
So what if she taught them to wash clothes? what is racist there? Racism/Tribalism, hate is when they dont allow them to wash clothes. Claiming they will waste water and soap. Shebi na only those her 4 helps she taught to wash her clothes ba? isholrite. Lets move on and find ways to improve Africa and teach the oyinbos how to time travel.

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by MrCounselor: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
That one seems like slavery period.
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by idbami2(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dah'l always be the norm.. The Whites teachng us hw to do evrythng.. Includng hw to go into our wivess

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by qloreal: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
seankay:
Y is Africa backward? sad
its not a must to comment

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by tunjijones(m): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
kestolove95:
Dey are teaching yoruba women hw to wash..very dirty peopl

I have never insulted anybody on this forum but I think you are a big fool.

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
I see no reason why you should insult other peoples tribe at any slightest opportunity
kestolove95:

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Eyop: 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
@ datalossvictim1, come and see your people cheesy cheesy
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by temitemi1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Proudly Egbe! Proudly Titcombe College grin grin grin
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
so they had not been washing clothes since before then
Black and White = Fanta and Coke..... tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by NifemiOlu(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
kestolove95:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by repogirl(f): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
How can she be offering a lesson when she is standing miles away from them? undecided

Her hands arent wet and her gown doesnt look practical for washing clothes.

My take is those women are her slaves/servants washing for her but you know how oyibos like to take credit for everything even for people washing their clothes for them. angry

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by MissSlimbody(f): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
Anoruo:
I'll buy a washing machine for my wife.

You can as well be her washing machine tongue
I don dash ur pinshure 1like. As e don dey there since last year with out likegringringringrin

No thanks necessary, what are friends for? smileysmiley

tonguegrin

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by mooyewhy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
That's my. town...proudly Egbe boi

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by BrightDaddy(m): 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin hnmm...interesting huh!
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by kobonaire(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
Why does the thread title have the word "Racism"?This occurred over 100 years ago and so the statue of limitation may apply for anyone who tries to accuse/prosecute Mrs. Thomas Titcombe.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
see life of a woman grin
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by hennesseykrane(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin tongue
INTROVERT:
grin
INTROVERT:
no e be like sai na leaves dem dey wash or dem dey change new ones
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by pussygotlips: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
girl, i dey reason this your matter,

why are you always first to comment on most topic here,
besides na which network u dey used ?
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Mznaett: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Iti shu yoloba we~men na embarassed
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
how is this racism?

I don't even know who is more r£tarded - the O.P or the moderator that moved this garbage to the front page...

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
delishpot:
So what if she taught them to wash clothes? what is racist there? Racism/Tribalism, hate is when they dont allow them to wash clothes.

like serious Nairaland is dying..

if I had a son that misbehaved - I'd make him read the thrashy front page topics on NL as punishment... ✘

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by An2elect2(f): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
Never again!
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by AAinEqGuinea: 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
This still happens..

As an AA during my studies in the US I went to a seminar from the Catholic Relief Services looking for a NGO to help me volunteer in Africa. They played a video highlighting the orgs work in southern Africa. In the video they highlighted similar images to op's picture.

I was ready to walk out of that propaganda honey pot once i heard an African lady gleefully proclaim to the camera, "we would have never thought of this on our own". angry the missionaries "helped" create a simple barter system in their village and that makes them Christ angry I never returned

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by deebsman1(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
And u r now expecting this set of pipu to be doing wonders just at d same level with their masters just some 60yrs ago...no b inferiority, we just still av a long way to go in term of civilization which will in turn bring devpt to us.
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by ugoezeik(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
hw dem dey take wash dem clothes bf biko. abi na leaf dem dey wear dat tym?
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by An2elect2(f): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
Mznaett:

emekaokeke1978:
Yoruba people always looking dirty,just put yoruba people cloth for river niger and all d fish go die,smelling asss hole
Mznaett:

Funny enough i hardly come across dirty yorubas. The ones i have been with except one, are all neat!

Tribal bigots.

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by ugoezeik(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
hw dem dey take wash dem clothes bf biko. abi na leaf dem dey wear dat tym? but wetin I c here na 4 black charcoal n 1 white beauty
Re: THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 by nedu2000(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
scholes0:
Lies from the pit of hell...
Those people have been washing their clothes waaaay before 1915...wtf
but thw whites that discovered linen,silk,cotton for Africans would obviously 'ave taught u how to maintain them now,before the arrival of the whites what do you think our ancestors were wearing?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Olu Of Warri Playing Basketball / Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo / Igwe Umenyiora Donates Food Items To His Community In Anambra (Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.