Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Different Type Of Friend And Which One To Choose - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Different Type Of Friend And Which One To Choose (476 Views)

One Type Of Disbelief (kufr) Is Disbelief Because Of Doubt / Good Questions To Choose From For Children Islamic Quiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Different Type Of Friend And Which One To Choose by realsherif98: 7:42am On Jul 27, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] The noble Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Salih Al-'Uthaymeen, may Allah have mercy upon him, states: "And he (Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd, may Allah have mercy upon him) divided (in his book Hilyatu Taalib-il-'Ilm) friends into the following three categories: Firstly: The one who befriends you for some worldly interest. He is the one who befriends you for as long as he can benefit from you by way of money, status or other than that. As soon as that benefit ceases he turns into your enemy and he doesn't know you any longer and nor do you know him. How numerous are the people of this category! And how numerous are those who complain when it comes to gaining some worldly benefit!Allah says; ''And of them are some who accuse you {O Muhammad} in the matter of {the distribution of} the alms. If they are given part thereof, they are pleased,but if they are not given thereof, behold! They are enraged! {surah At-Taubah vs 58} You think that he's your close friend and from the most beloved people to you and that you are from the most beloved people to him, but when he asks you one day and says: "Lend me your book so that I may read through it!" and you say to him: "By Allah, I need the book today but I'll give it to you tomorrow." he suddenly becomes arrogant and hostile towards you. Is this a (real) friend?! This is the one who only be friends you for some worldly gain. Secondly: The fun friend. He only be friends you because he enjoys sitting, having conversations, socializing and staying up until late at night to have a chat with you, but he does not benefit you and nor do you benefit from him. Each one of you does not benefit the other. It is nothing else but time wasting. You similarly have to watch out when it comes to this category in order for him not to waste your precious time. Thirdly: The good and virtuous friend. He inspires you to do good and forbids you from doing evil. He opens up for you the doors of good and guides you towards them. And if you do a mistake he admonishes you without that you have to feel embarrassed. He is the good and virtuous friend." Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-'Uthaymeen, may Allah have mercy upon him Source: Sharh Hilyati Taalib-il-'Ilm

(1) (Reply)

A Powerful Reminder / When I Die Someday / Why Salafees Are Branded As Zealots And Harsh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.