Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Letter From The Grave! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter From The Grave! (1158 Views)

Man Takes Fight To Father’s Grave Over Sharing Of Properties / Nigerian Woman Weeping At Her Mother's Grave / Sisters Weep At The Grave Of Their Brother Who Was Buried On His Birthday. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From The Grave! by peedeeasobie(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
The regret is not from the pains of the grave but from the foolishness of my decisions and desperation while on earth....

its hot in here and very dark with little space, its quite difficult under these conditions but since I have the chance, let me write to advice someone who maybe willing to listen.

When I turned 30, I became very desperate and eager for marriage.
I wanted to marry by "fire and force". All the ladies who were my mates had all married. My parents didn't help matters, mummy took me to several "prayer houses", juju houses, and prophets and prophetesses!

My "breakthrough" came when a young handsome man said he wanted to marry me, I quickly accepted. My mum had already warned me that I shouldn't miss this one. I noticed he had certain primitive ideas and mentality but I waved it aside, I was going to enlighten him after marriage!

8 months after our wedding, I was due to give birth, I was in labor!
Everyone, including mumsy had being ecstatic at my pregnancy, she was going to carry her "overdue" grandchild.

My husband had told me he wanted a boy and any other gender would make the house uncomfortable for the both of us! I didn't doubt him at all because I had witnessed his superiority affirmation severally from the several blows and beatings I received in the course of the short marriage.

I called my husband that I was in labor and thankfully, he showed almost immediately and drove me to my death, oh sorry, to a traditional birthing place!

Traditional birthing place! what do they know about complications during labor? Nothing!

'why did you bring me to a place like this? Take me to a hospital please!' I pleaded with my husband.

'woman, will you shut up your mouth. this is where our mothers were born'. he shouted, while paying the dirty-looking woman.

I couldn't give birth, the child simply wouldn't come out! I pushed and pushed but the child remained adamant.
The woman, robbed ororo on my stomach, gave me a smelly liquid to drink and asked me to push again.

This is the second day in labor, no change, I'm gradually getting tired and exhausted. In fact, I dreamt that I died! I woke up and pleaded and cried and begged my husband to take me to a hospital but he refused and the child also refused to come out- like father like child!

By the third day, I was too tired to beg, too tired to scream, too tired to live, I was exhausted! I started seeing pictures of a "better place". My mother-in-law was beside, and I whispered into her heard with all the strength in me, "I'm dying, please take me to the hospital".
she smiled and said "you will not die, my daughter".

I started having flashbacks, how desperation led me to this loveless and wicked marriage. How I married a handsome, rich, educated but wicked illiterate. How that my mother who was the chief architect is not even here on my deathbed!
The friends who I daily compared my marital status to are not here with me! The prophets who prophesied me into this trap called marriage are not here!

I'm alone! I'm alone.
I decided to rest and close my eyes a little.
When I opened it, I saw people crying over my body, I'm dead and my baby died too.
My husband is "crying uncontrollably". My mother-in-law is saying that I died because I wasn't strong!

I'm in the grave now, all my dreams of touching the world, raising godly children, having a happy home gone! The pain of the marriage and child bearing also gone but the regret lingers!

If I had known!
I wouldn't have married out of desperation!
Marriage is not an achievement. Your mates are not better off because they are married!
Live your life, fulfil your purpose, whether married or unmarried!

Investigate properly before marriage and if the marriage threatens your life, PLEASE leave the marriage!

Better single than dead! Singleness is not a problem, its not a curse!

Its an informed choice!

R.I.P Omonigho.
Re: Letter From The Grave! by HungerBAD: 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
Make I teach office before I write.

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Grave! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Tell me, how can a lifeless person pen an epistle? Is this some sort of joke or something.
Re: Letter From The Grave! by ArchEnemy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Like this is based on a true life story?

Never be too desperate to wed......
Look well before you leap and pray; if not you could end up in a heap
Re: Letter From The Grave! by Cyberfavour(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
hmm ehya..

cyberfavour!
Re: Letter From The Grave! by Juliearth(f): 6:26am On Mar 20, 2021
peedeeasobie:
The regret is not from the pains of the grave but from the foolishness of my decisions and desperation while on earth....

its hot in here and very dark with little space, its quite difficult under these conditions but since I have the chance, let me write to advice someone who maybe willing to listen.

When I turned 30, I became very desperate and eager for marriage.
I wanted to marry by "fire and force". All the ladies who were my mates had all married. My parents didn't help matters, mummy took me to several "prayer houses", juju houses, and prophets and prophetesses!

My "breakthrough" came when a young handsome man said he wanted to marry me, I quickly accepted. My mum had already warned me that I shouldn't miss this one. I noticed he had certain primitive ideas and mentality but I waved it aside, I was going to enlighten him after marriage!

8 months after our wedding, I was due to give birth, I was in labor!
Everyone, including mumsy had being ecstatic at my pregnancy, she was going to carry her "overdue" grandchild.

My husband had told me he wanted a boy and any other gender would make the house uncomfortable for the both of us! I didn't doubt him at all because I had witnessed his superiority affirmation severally from the several blows and beatings I received in the course of the short marriage.

I called my husband that I was in labor and thankfully, he showed almost immediately and drove me to my death, oh sorry, to a traditional birthing place!

Traditional birthing place! what do they know about complications during labor? Nothing!

'why did you bring me to a place like this? Take me to a hospital please!' I pleaded with my husband.

'woman, will you shut up your mouth. this is where our mothers were born'. he shouted, while paying the dirty-looking woman.

I couldn't give birth, the child simply wouldn't come out! I pushed and pushed but the child remained adamant.
The woman, robbed ororo on my stomach, gave me a smelly liquid to drink and asked me to push again.

This is the second day in labor, no change, I'm gradually getting tired and exhausted. In fact, I dreamt that I died! I woke up and pleaded and cried and begged my husband to take me to a hospital but he refused and the child also refused to come out- like father like child!

By the third day, I was too tired to beg, too tired to scream, too tired to live, I was exhausted! I started seeing pictures of a "better place". My mother-in-law was beside, and I whispered into her heard with all the strength in me, "I'm dying, please take me to the hospital".
she smiled and said "you will not die, my daughter".

I started having flashbacks, how desperation led me to this loveless and wicked marriage. How I married a handsome, rich, educated but wicked illiterate. How that my mother who was the chief architect is not even here on my deathbed!
The friends who I daily compared my marital status to are not here with me! The prophets who prophesied me into this trap called marriage are not here!

I'm alone! I'm alone.
I decided to rest and close my eyes a little.
When I opened it, I saw people crying over my body, I'm dead and my baby died too.
My husband is "crying uncontrollably". My mother-in-law is saying that I died because I wasn't strong!

I'm in the grave now, all my dreams of touching the world, raising godly children, having a happy home gone! The pain of the marriage and child bearing also gone but the regret lingers!

If I had known!
I wouldn't have married out of desperation!
Marriage is not an achievement. Your mates are not better off because they are married!
Live your life, fulfil your purpose, whether married or unmarried!

Investigate properly before marriage and if the marriage threatens your life, PLEASE leave the marriage!

Better single than dead! Singleness is not a problem, its not a curse!

Its an informed choice!

R.I.P Omonigho.

Oh dear!!!! Rest in Peace to the dead. Women should understand that being married isn't much of an achievement, especially if the man to be married to is like the animal up there.

Men also need to be careful when it comes to marriage. If you marry a woman from the pit of hell, there is no way you would live long and well.

The alarming rate of dysfunctional marriages and divorce in the country today stems down to the issue you addressed in this story. Moreso, couples don't take out time to study each other during courtship. Everyone just wants to marry for the fun of it.

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Grave! by Juliearth(f): 6:27am On Mar 20, 2021
HungerBAD:

RIP sir. For once, I thought you were alive and the news about your death was a farce...not until I checked the date that you made this comment. cry cry
Re: Letter From The Grave! by Juliearth(f): 6:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Tell me, how can a lifeless person pen an epistle?
Is this some sort of joke or something.

You clearly are clueless about the author's creativity and why it had to be so to further drive home the message. Forget about the messenger anyways, and focus on the message.

1 Like

Re: Letter From The Grave! by peedeeasobie(m): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2021
Juliearth:

RIP sir. For once, I thought you were alive and the news about your death was a farce...not until I checked the date that you made this comment. cry cry

Wait!!! Is he dead?
Re: Letter From The Grave! by Juliearth(f): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
peedeeasobie:

Wait!!! Is he dead?

Yes
Re: Letter From The Grave! by FatherCHRISTMAS: 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
HungerBAD:

Rest on sir
Re: Letter From The Grave! by peedeeasobie(m): 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
Juliearth:

Yes

What a sad news.

(1) (Reply)

Teen Trapped In 90-year- Old’s Body Wouldn’t Live Past 13! (photos) / Pregnant Lilian Esoro Glows Radiantly As She Steps Out With Husband / Ese’s Letter (unedited): Pls Read & Reply Me Inusa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.