Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:27 AM

Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. (1299 Views)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka / Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
Please avoid any nnewi-awka road, dangerous flood ahead.

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by INTROVERT(f): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
wow

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2015

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by titoetal(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bia, which river be this now? One is brown and the other clear water fall(tarred road looking like one).
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by ApcSucks: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
wow

Odiegwu oo shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by kenny987(f): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
This is what happens when contractors do shoddy jobs and there's no monitoring or inspection. Poor or non-existent drainage system will always rear its ugly head especially during the rainy season. Oversight functions are overlooked by the authorities and when the time comes, the people suffer. If it is not already the case then it is high time contracts for road construction come with extended maintenance responsibilities for at least 5 years before their obligations are fully discharged. That way any underhand or sharp practice engaged in by the contractor will be exposed and he'll have to fix it to be sure the road or infrastructure is handed over in sound condition.

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
kenny987:
This is what happens when contractors do shoddy jobs and there's no monitoring or inspection. Poor or non-existent drainage system will always rear its ugly head especially during the rainy season. Oversight functions are overlooked by the authorities and when the time comes, the people suffer. If it is not already the case then it is high time contracts for road construction come with extended maintenance responsibilities for at least 5 years before their obligations are fully discharged. That way any underhand or sharp practice engaged in by the contractor will be exposed and he'll have to fix it to be sure the road or infrastructure is handed over in sound condition.
seriously, i don't think this is contractors thing, the distater is inevitable.
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by GspotAngela(f): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
Is this how Biafra looks like?

5 Likes

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by wordcat(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
GspotAngela:
Is this how Biafra looks like?

Go and format your brain before the virus will do alot damage to your DNA embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
Is that not River Niger extension? Anybosy who drives on that so called road is a mami water.

Meanwhile, is that not a waterfall that I'm seeing?
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by AnambraDota: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
I know this portion its not River Niger, River Niger have nothing doing in this part of Anambra. The road is Agulu side along Awka - Ekwulobia.

The reason is that Anambra is in lowland so she is prone to flood, my neighbourhood now at Iyiowa is somehow flooded in the streets because of Niger.

But see as the road smooth and well tarred and mark.

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by GspotAngela(f): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
wordcat:
I am an Autistic patient

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by lekkie073(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
Data anambra for u....a whole expressway

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by omoelesa(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
Chai! The first express road to have a seaport.SE breaking record since 1960.yeye

3 Likes

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by bolaino(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
wow
In BoRat's Voice " WoW Wa WeeWA"
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by princdebola201(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hope we won't wake up one day and we read in News that Flood has washed entire Biafra land into atlantic ocean

2 Likes

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by PentiumPro(f): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
Erosion is inevitable, Iboland battling erosion since time IMO River. grin

2 Likes

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Demmocrats(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
Canoe for sale
www.
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Utchgirl(f): 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
All dis Imbeci'ls shouting BIAFRA r suffering 4rm BIAFRAPHOBIA/IGBOPHOBIA. These south wasteners cant make a complete statement wit out including IGBO/BIAFRA on it.

Wetin Biafra do una sef ?

Instead of u guys 2 concentrate on d topic of thread, u r here spewing trash.

Mind ur self no be curse oooo.

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by NwaNimo1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
I hope the Rd via Nimo is clear . . . can someone check for me and report back!
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Utchgirl(f): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
wordcat:

Go and format your brain before the virus will do alot damage to your DNA embarassed

D damage has bin done already. Formatting her brain now is like campaigning after election.

1 Like

Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
menabadoo:
Please avoid any nnewi-awka road, dangerous flood ahead.

there is no road tagged nnewi-awka road in the whole anambra...(google is my friend also)
there are many routes you can reach awka to nnewi or vice ver sar...
so identify this road or you are talking thrash.
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by wordcat(m): 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
Utchgirl:

D damage has bin done already. Formatting her brain now is like campaigning after election.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by shaddoww: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
This must b osun ooo, u can't see things like dis in d East but only in osun.
Re: Flood, No Road From Awka To Nnewi. by sheymoni(m): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
No big deal, even advanced countries dey suffer in the hand of flood

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Does A Federal Appointment To My Tribesman Benefit Me And My Tribe? / Buhari Orders Withdrawal Of Diplomatic Passports From Unauthorised Persons / The Poison In Further Devaluation Of The Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.