Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Court Grants Students’ Application Against JAMB, UNILAG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Grants Students’ Application Against JAMB, UNILAG (498 Views)

I'm Filing A Lawsuit Against JAMB / BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag / Court Grants Students’ Application Against JAMB, UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Grants Students’ Application Against JAMB, UNILAG by iamtomiymb: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday granted an application for the judicial review of the decision to stop some applicants from writing entrance examination into the University of Lagos for this year’s admission.
The applicants had headed for court alleging that the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, had issued a directive stopping them from participating in the UNILAG’s post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations scheduled for August 12 and 13, 2015.
The applicants, through their lawyer, Dr. Kayode Idowu, also accused Ojerinde of ordering the removal of their names from the list of applicants eligible to sit the UNILAG’s 2015 post-UTME and sending same to other institutions that they had not chosen.
They also alleged that though they scored above the JAMB’s publicly announced 180 cut-off mark, UNILAG had however refused to sell its post-UTME forms to them following the alleged directive by Ojerinde to send the names of all candidates with less than 250 marks to other institutions.
In their ex parte application moved before Justice Mohammed Idris on Monday morning, the applicants had prayed for the leave of court to apply for an order of mandamus compelling UNILAG to sell the post-UTME forms to them so they could sit the exams.
ADVERTISEMENT
They also sought the leave to apply for an order prohibiting the removal of their names from the list of candidates eligible to sit the 2015 UNILAG’s post-UTME scheduled for August 12 and 13.
The judge, after hearing their lawyer, Idowu, granted the applicants an order to seek judicial review of the respondents’ decision.
“It is in the interest of justice that the application is granted as prayed,” Idris held.
The court adjourned till August 10, 2015 for further proceedings.
Joined as respondents in the application are JAMB, its Registrar, Ojerinde, UNILAG and its Vice Chancellor, Prof Rahmon Bello. full details here[i][/i]http://www.tominigeria.com/2015/07/court-grants-students-application.html
Re: Court Grants Students’ Application Against JAMB, UNILAG by nnachukz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
The hearing is too close to the scheduled exam date, I hope the exam will be postponed if the candidates win the case.
Re: Court Grants Students’ Application Against JAMB, UNILAG by diamondzs(f): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
When ll dis ppl realise it's not just abt writing d exam?... The school may not give them admission after d exams, wasted money/energy.

(1) (Reply)

Work With City Tutors Ltd And Earn Over 150k Monthly. www.icitytutors.com / UNN Will Now Accept 200 JAMB Score And Above / me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.