Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake (2261 Views)

What To Do If You Are Ever Bitten By A Venomous Snake / Just Got Bitten By A Rodent / Bitten By Any Of These Beefore? See Photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2015
When someone gets bitten by a snake, it injects a venom (poison) into the persons blood stream.

Now if you happen to be the person or beside the person bitten by the snake

FIRST AID
1) Locate the point bitten

2) If the person is bitten in the leg or hand, get a long cloth (tourniquet and tie up the part above the point where he/she was bitten to restrict blood flow to other parts of the body especially the heart.
The Tourniquet must be relaxed and tied again at about an interval of 20 mins.

3) The victim must remain quite as movement will spread the venom rapidly through the body

4) Bleeding must be encouraged by making a cut of about 1cm long & 5mm deep over the bite so that venom can flow freely with blood away from the body. The wound is bathed with warm water to encourage blood flow

5) If bleeding is sluggish, squeeze the wound or suck it and spit out the poisonous blood (warning ; a person with wounds in d mouth or lips must not suck the wound as the poison may enter into the persons' blood #dontBeFoolish smiley )

6) Dress and bandage the wound to support the injured area

7) Quickly take the victim to the nearest hospital or clinic
Some symptoms include
Redness, discoloration and/or swelling around the bite great pain or a burning sensation vomiting diarrhea low blood pressure dizziness or fainting,
difficulty breathing blurred vision headache salivation sweating, fever, and thirst numbness or tingling in the face or limbs loss of coordination slurred speech swelling of the tongue and throat abdominal pain weakness rapid pulse convulsions shock paralysis should you go into shock, the hospital/ambulance workers will be able to treat your for it as well.

Bites will also be more dangerous to children due to their smaller body size.

IT IS DESIRABLE TO KILL AND IDENTIFY THE SNAKE IF POSSIBLE SO AS TO KNOW IF THE SNAKE IS POISONOUS OR NOT
HELP SAVE A LIFE TODAY SHARE

Source: http://afriwap.com/general-discussion/what-to-do-when-you-or-someone-gets-bitten-by-a-snake

Cc: lalasticlala Ishilove

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
undecided
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by dmola(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
Nice1 op
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by Orfankwagh(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
dactor!!!!
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by greatness22(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
If nah 'black mamba' bite u, o boy, go write your will... grin
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by ladyF(f): 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Jesus keep me away from snake.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
ladyF:
Jesus keep me away from snake.
Lol Amen dear..
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
have killed 16 snakes on my farm within 2 weeks. why do god created so many snakes in africa?
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
dmola:
Nice1 op
thanks dam
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
have killed 16 snakes on my farm within 2 weeks. why do god created so many snakes in africa?
Its simply because there are too many Forest and Bushes in africa
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by hiteelong(f): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
very timing especially now DT nairaland has turned into zoo where snakes killing make front page

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by Kingsasian(m): 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
greatness22:
If nah 'black mamba' bite u, o boy, go write your will... grin
I dey tell you. That is a snake with one of the most lethal venoms in the world. No remedy for that bite.
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
hiteelong:
very timing especially now DT nairaland has turned into zoo where snakes killing make front page
smiley

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by kellyJames5(m): 12:54am On Jul 28, 2015
I so much dislike that reptile.
Very terrific!
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 6:27am On Jul 28, 2015
kellyJames5:
I so much dislike that reptile.

Very terrific!
at least they dont eat humans.
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by timidapsin(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2015
Moderators: dominique, Sissy3)
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by dominique(f): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2015
hiteelong:

True grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by Bode2: 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
one of the things I am afraid of is snake. Whenever I am in a dark and bushy area, the only thing I am afraid of is SNAKE not ghost or criminal. In fact, I have allergy for creeping things.
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
sad
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by DrAify(f): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nice
Re: What To Do When You Or Someone Gets Bitten By A Snake by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
What if there is no bleeding and there was no snake in sight...

I once had a bite close to the beech at night without spotting the animal.
Dunno if it was a snake bite tho'..

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Enhancement Pills For Healthy Sex / Pls Help Me , What Could This Growth On My Body Be? / Origin Of HIV (BBC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.