Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,708 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 (2964 Views)

My ONEPLUS 5 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! / The Unveiling Of The Huawei P8 Smartphone In Nigeria / ONEPLUS 2 Snapdragon 810 Octa Core 5.5 Inch FHD 4G Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Flagship killer Phone

Confirm specs

Powered by
octa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor and an Adreno 430 GPU
64GB internal storage that cannot be expanded
4GB of RAM
There will also be a cheaper model with 16GB storage and 3GB RAM.

No SD card slot

battery
non-removable 3300 mAh battery
connectivity
Wi-Fi 802.11 n/ac,
Wi-Fi Direct,
DLNA, Bluetooth v4.1,
GPS,
NFC and FM Radio

camera
13MP rear camera( laser auto-focus and a f/2.0 aperture lens)
front camera is a 5MP snapper that can capture Full HD video

new USB Type C cable
fingerprint sensor
dual-SIM compatible
Oxygen OS

cost just $329 for the base model.

The OnePlus 2 will be launching in the coming weeks and, like the OnePlus One, it will be available via an invite system that OnePlus claims has been heavily improved since last year’s handset. There will be 30 to 50 times’ more inventory of the OnePlus 2 (compared to the OnePlus One) at launch and invites will be more readily available as well. The company has launched public registrations for OnePlus 2 invites and at the time of writing, it has over 300,000 registrations.

...UPDATED

1 Share

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Different swappable material option for back cover.
5.5-inch 1080p screen.(not QHD)

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by samsard(m): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
cheesy Killer specs.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
samsard:
cheesy Killer specs.
i think the oneplus one design is way cooler than this one.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by samsard(m): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
frinx:

i think the oneplus one design is way cooler than this one.
I also think so, maybe they had to sacrifice beauty for the beast. Anyway, i've had uglier phones, this one still has a premium feel. grin
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by johncreek: 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
China and Abba Made in Progress.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
samsard:
I also think so, maybe they had to sacrifice beauty for the beast. Anyway, i've had uglier phones, this one still has a premium feel. grin

Its the price tag that would be the main focus nw... With all this specs, how low can they keep the pricing.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Am tired of those FEATURES, I need the one weh go get JESUS fone numbers.

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by sigmundfreud(m): 12:20am On Jul 28, 2015
frinx:

Its the price tag that would be the main focus nw... With all this specs, how low can they keep the pricing.
Same thing am watching out for...
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Obinnio: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2015
Roll out the specs OP, killer specs,watching with my blue tinted glass
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 5:08am On Jul 28, 2015
Obinnio:
Roll out the specs OP, killer specs,watching with my blue tinted glass
Dope specs for that price...Thumbs up Oneplus
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by sigmundfreud(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2015
the 16GB, 3GB model will retail for $329, while the 64GB, 4GB version will go for $389.
I think the price is fair. Please share an invite if you get one b4 me grin
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2015
sigmundfreud:
the 16GB, 3GB model will retail for $329, while the 64GB, 4GB version will go for $389.
I think the price is fair. Please share an invite if you get one b4 me grin
okay bro...am feeling before invite would reach many consumer it would be 2016, Oneplus nd dere silly invite system.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Engnrcollins(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2015
The specs are cool but the NO SD card slot and non removable battery made me to think twice
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2015
Engnrcollins:
The specs are cool but the NO SD card slot and non removable battery made me to think twice
3300MAH battery nd 64gb internal and an OTG option, no need to think self...lol
the only downside for me is no quick charge.

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by samsard(m): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2015
frinx:

Obviously not very low, with snapdragon 810, 4gb RAM and probably QHD display res, it should be sky high. Edited: No QHD display, that should be better for the battery.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Engnrcollins(m): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2015
frinx:

If the electrolyte in the battery weakens , the phone will become toy . I just hate phones with non removable battery after my p9 tought me some lesson.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2015
Engnrcollins:

If the electrolyte in the battery weakens , the phone will become toy . I just hate phones with non removable battery after my p9 tought me some lesson.
Non-removable batteries can be swapped most times if the battery becomes weak overtime, it only involves dismantlin of the phone..
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by sigmundfreud(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Engnrcollins:

My Moto-G has non-removable battery...no problem so far.

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Moto X Style murders this guy hands down

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2015
ollah1:
Moto X Style murders this guy hands down
Design or spec wise?
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by jamilkb(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
and No NFC-confirmed, still good for the price, but they should have skipped 16GB for 32GB rom smiley
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
frinx:

Design or spec wise?

everything. price inclusive
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
ollah1:

Bros is it the moto x of 2013? Cos am confuse o.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
frinx:

Bros is it the moto x of 2013? Cos am confuse o.

It was released today.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Baroba(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
frinx:

For me the biggest downside is the omission of NFC, I have the one plus one, I don't see the need to upgrade.. Great specs still at an unbelievable price.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by frinx: 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Baroba:

For me the biggest downside is the omission of NFC, I have the one plus one, I don't see the need to upgrade.. Great specs still at an unbelievable price.
I wondered why the omission of NFC. But the use of NFC in Africa is limited so i think its really not a big deal for us down here.(my opinion)

Its their invite system i hate most.
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Youngpo413: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
Engnrcollins:

samsung P9,htc or Sony P9?

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Engnrcollins(m): 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Youngpo413:
samsung P9,htc or Sony P9?
Tecno sir
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Baroba(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
ollah1:

Yeah but the Moto X 64b is almost $500, its the 16gb option that matches oneplus2 64gb in price, though Moto comes with expandable memory support..
Re: CONFIRMED(oneplus 2) After The Unveiling Event @july27 by Baroba(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
frinx:

I wondered why the omission of NFC. But the use of NFC in Africa is limited so i think its really not a big deal for us down here.(my opinion)

Its their invite system i hate most.

Well according to one plus CEO ( he is only 25 BTW) Carl Pei most of their fans don't use, Android pay will be coming with the next iteration of Android in M.. It's a big omission for those living in the west..

I have enjoyed using the one plus but am moving on to a nexus next, cyanogen OS is too buggy for my liking..

(1) (Reply)

Gionee A1 Lite Review: One Month Later. / (REVEALED) Lastest Airtel Data Cheat You Can’t Afford To Miss / Mtn's Terrible Network, Plz Comment:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.