Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,202 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom (1022 Views)

Lady's Infinix Hot 4 Explodes In Her Pocket, Causes Burns On Her Leg. PICS / Photos: Phone That Charges In Seconds And Lasts A Week / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom by wetinhappen(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
A STUDENT suffered third degree burns when her phone charger exploded in her bedroom.

Kate Emslie was using her laptop to recharge a portable EE power bar when it shot out "like a firework" and flew across the room.

The terrified 26-year-old watched as the charger crashed into a wall, charred the carpet behind it and caused a fire under her bed.

In a panic, the medical student tried to extinguish the flames with her bare hands – leaving them badly burned.

Doctors treated Katy, from Aberdeen, for a partial thickness burn in accident and emergency for 10 hours.

“I was charging my EE power bar through my Mac computer overnight and at I was woken up by something which sounded like a firework”

Her hands were saved using a tissue-saving technique, which allowed the fluid from the blisters to drain out.

"I was charging my EE power bar through my Mac computer overnight and at I was woken up by something which sounded like a firework around 1pm," recalled Katy.

"The power bar had exploded up the wall and flames began spreading around my bedroom.

"I was screaming for my mum who was in the next room, I tried patting the flames out with my hand because I was worried that the fire could spread underneath and set my bed alight.

"My mum came through with a towel and put out the flames while I ran through and ran my hand under the cold water tap.

"We then went to A & E where I had to keep my hand underneath a cold water tap for three hours before it was cool enough to be treated."

Katy – a keen runner – said she was frustrated she would not be able to go to the gym for a while.

She added: "I was going to be running in Tough Mudder this weekend and I'm gutted that I won't be able to do it this year.

"The executive office at EE phoned me up and said that they'll be holding an internal inquiry but all I want is to have the full use of my hands back."

The damage from the fire means Katy is now sleeping in her brother's bedroom, while he is sleeping on the sofa.

EE hands out free power bars to customers at its stores.

"We're sorry to hear about Ms. Emslie's experience," said an EE spokeswoman.

"All of our products undergo stringent safety tests. This is an isolated incident and we're in contact with the customer to investigate the cause of this issue as a matter of urgency."

For More Photos, Click http://www.wetinhappen.com.ng/phone-charger-explodes-and-sets-fire-to-bedroom/

Re: Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom by Anamachi3(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hmmmm, nawaoh
Re: Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom by samsard(m): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
What was she thinking when she tried to put out the fire with her bare hands?
Re: Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom by jamex93(m): 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
sorry tor
Re: Photos: Phone Charger Explodes And Sets Fire To Bedroom by nerdfrost(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2015
Sorry for her tho

(1) (Reply)

Who Has 32gb Memory Card For Sale In Uyo? / Glo Blackberry 3gig Data Plan Is Now #1400 / Used Infinix Hot X507 On Sale....SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.