Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (22687 Views)

First Lady Mrs Buhari Stuns With Her Daughters In New Photo / Henry Abebe, Brother Of Late Former First Lady Stella Obasanjo Is Dead!!! / When Stella Obasanjo Was Cutting The Independence Anniversary Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by SirKay3(m): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2005
It's a pity o.

Public holiday was not declared, but mourning days
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2005
Yes O. Baba will not agree to public holidays.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2005
You can not blame the man now, if he declare public holiday, his haters will be all over him like flies on shit. there is too much politics in Nigeria like America. Politicians know the dirty game
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2005
Yes I understand.
But American politics is not as hard and deadly like Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2005
She died while undergoing a bodywork operation,speculators say.Now nobody to go to public functions anymore.
Adieu! Mrs Stella Obasanjo,we Nigerians will miss you,you sure had a big heart.you make me wanta say," if only Nigeria had a female President".Goodnight and goodbye.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2005
Female president, are you joking, all those chauvinist will never let a female rule Nigeria, they have secrete agenda, and a female will not tolerate that nonsense. remember there is still segregation in Nigeria. How will a Muslim man obey to a female president. ?
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by mamba(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2005
stababy:

you make me wanta say," if only Nigeria had a female President".

Only in year 20000 grin
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by joftech(m): 12:23am On Oct 26, 2005
It still amazes me How some of us can be judgmental on this issue, I am a professional body builder at my spear time, and none of us knows why she embark on what she did. It's not an easy job loosing weight, especially at her age. I grieve at this lost of a Nation, and this is no joking time we lost a wonderful lady a Nigerian, and lets all come together as a Nation United we must stand and mourn her death and the tragic flight incident. thanks.

I wonder for how long we have to mourn over this. Why must we lament over a "non" issue when thousands are dying everyday due to the bad administration of this country by our political leaders.

Just like Lauryn Hill said "What you want might make your cry....". All these people will go for stupid surgeries and when they now ask them how they manage to look so young they will say then say it's God's work.

I wonder why she did not give the money used for this botched makeover to several people that badly need money for plastic surgeries due to burns from accidents.

We must not let this event to becloud our normal senses.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by mycutiepie(f): 5:44am On Oct 26, 2005
joftech:

I wonder for how long we have to mourn over this. Why must we lament over a "non" issue when thousands are dying everyday due to the bad administration of this country by our political leaders.

Just like Lauryn Hill said "What you want might make your cry....". All these people will go for stupid surgeries and when they now ask them how they manage to look so young they will say then say it's God's work.

I wonder why she did not give the money used for this botched makeover to several people that badly need money for plastic surgeries due to burns from accidents.

We must not let this event to becloud our normal senses.

I totally agree with you as i hope this will make OBJ see life in a different perspective and make him change for the better while making Nigeria a better place. This applies to all politicians in Nigeria with hearts.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:37am On Oct 26, 2005
Is this not money-misuse which is equivalent to money laundering because I know the millions she will spend just for the useless project? Anyways, Obasanjo should take heart; we are mourning with him.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2005
It's a shame talking of money here.
Were you told she stole the money for the operation?
Or did she go to spain with millions of pounds or dollars?
So disgusting to read such comments here.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:03am On Oct 26, 2005
Well, I was only after her welfare as there were so many risks in such adventures, of which she has fallen into one of its biggest. The time she spent, the money for the flight and the surgery could have been very useful if she had used them in some other useful projects, she could still have brought special surgeons for herself in Aso Villa than all these risks of travelling over reasons uncalled for.
Now, we are crying, starving ourselves because we have lost a gem. I personally cannot easily overcome the pains because I would have loved to have her more in Nigeria. God knows why it happened, he alone will help me live in her absence.
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2005
Ok I understand but..............Thanks.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by aloib(f): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2005
wow!!!!!!!!! so sad. i just heard yesterday!!!!!!! its like we r so far from the world. anyways life continues, this is a lesson ooo. anybody fit mud anytime anywhere.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by joftech(m): 11:56am On Oct 26, 2005
It's a shame talking of money here.
Were you told she stole the money for the operation?
Or did she go to spain with millions of pounds or dollars?
So disgusting to read such comments here.

It still surprise me the way some people have made it a point of duty to appear to be weeping when in actuall fact they don't feel a tinge of concern over this issue, it once again brings to fore the hypocrisy of Nigerians.

I read with awe what some people wrote after reading what those Timesonline guys wrote [url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1841309,00.html]here[/url].

I as a person i bare my minds on issues and i don't really care whose ox get gored.

Nairalanders speak the truth and let the devil(thieving politicians) be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2005
Joftec if you want to talk to thiefing politicians definitely not this thread and not like this.
read my journal and you'll see I don't support the dare devil leaders we have but issues must be dealt with in appropriate manner.

A soul is precious that money and that quote up there was mine I wonder why you removed my name.
Read this thread, I've never made any post signifying that I do not feel the loss of either the first lady or those who perished in the aircraft.

"the bible says we should mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who mourned.
I am one of numerous citizens who are at the front of fighting and kicking agaist injustice and curruption but not to rejoice when they died.

So the quote up there in your post in mine, and I mean everything I write there with no hypocrisy.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2005
I concur grin

In normal sense, a human being have died. We are meant to mourn for we can't tolerate happiness from our neighbors when such befall us. Is always sad and demands consolation.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2005
I wonder why joftec ran away from this thread after his last post which i tackled.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2005
He ofcourse will run. He knows what he said wasn't good and doesn't demand more argument.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2005
Thanks my brother i believe there are ways to fashion things out and not when one is dead.
Even now if you like give the best advise to Obj now, by tomorrow he won't remember because he's mourning at the moment.
It's not easy to lose a loved one.
Haba! is it because you're not a victim?

either we like it or not we will die one day or our loved one.
What you do today will be done to you tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Owen(m): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2005
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace... sad
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by joftech(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2005
I wonder why joftec ran away from this thread after his last post which i tackled.

Sir i did not run away. For Christ sake, i don't earn my living on Nairalana.com so it's impossible for me to devote 24 hours of the day to post on it, but am not a coward like some that can't bare their mind on issues, but hide under guise of religion.

I do seize every opportunity to bare my mind on issues and this is one of such occasion.

Personally i don't have any feelings for all these politicians, simple. What have they done for me to deserve my sympathy? Nothing.

A woman that ordered the arrest of a journalist who is dilligently doing his work does not deserve my apology/sympathy. I can only imagine the backlash of that ignoble act if it where Laura Bush that did something like that.

When someone that drunk-drive die in an accident we do say "na God catch am", so that must also play in this scenerio.

What you said about the removal of your name in the quote is wrong, if you can take time to see all of my posts you will know and see  how i quote people.

It seems some people want to capitalise on this event to be able to get a seat in FEC meetings, cheesy cheesy cheesy or abi dem bi "Sunkun Sabo"
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2005
Can we all get along, and talk about issues facing Naija. LOL
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Seun(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2005
THis issue of disrespect for the dead is really getting on my nerves. Stella Obasanjo did not kill the jorunalist, so the idea that she deserves to die is unintelligent, barbaric, and grotesque.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2005
joftech:

Sir i did not run away. For Christ sake, i don't earn my living on Nairalana.com so it's impossible for me to devote 24 hours of the day to post on it, but am not a coward like some that can't bare their mind on issues, but hide under guise of religion.

I do seize every opportunity to bare my mind on issues and this is one of such occasion.

Personally i don't have any feelings for all these politicians, simple. What have they done for me to deserve my sympathy? Nothing.

A woman that ordered the arrest of a journalist who is dilligently doing his work does not deserve my apology/sympathy. I can only imagine the backlash of that ignoble act if it where Laura Bush that did something like that.

When someone that drunk-drive die in an accident we do say "na God catch am", so that must also play in this scenerio.

What you said about the removal of your name in the quote is wrong, if you can take time to see all of my posts you will know and see  how i quote people.

It seems some people what to capitalise on this event to be able to get a seat in FEC meetings, cheesy cheesy cheesy or abi dem bi "Sunkun Sabo"

I don't need any contract or seat from govt.
I am comfortable and I repeat I'm comfortable finacial wise so rule that out.
Just take your time and read my journal and know the type of person I am  on the topic "The owners of Nigeria"
I respect everyone and our govt. that's what be bible says, and i also criticize when necessary.
FEC seat my foot.
I've no business there.
It's just like Obasajo asking Gani to take a ministerial post when it is obvious that he's a critic of his government and the man will never take it.
So FEC seat and me? What for?
when I'm living fine.

Till tomorrow I will continue to criticize any unpopular decision made by our govt. but will do that in the right way to the right channel.
Not when they bereave their loved ones or when they die.
I've got to mourn with those that mourn.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by joftech(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2005
I hate people that are partisans. 99% of Nigerians rejoice when Gen. Sani Abacha died, why all these.

Anyway i still don't believe she died as a result of the surgery. Afterall liposuction is no longer as delicate as it used to be; there's an undertone, but i won't want to...
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2005
If 99.9% rejoiced that means I was the remaining .1 that took no joy in the of a wicked man that didn't repent.
I've sent you a link and I wish you will read them and understand what I'm trying to convey to you.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by joftech(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2005
If 99.9% rejoiced that means I was the remaining .1 that took no joy in the of a wicked man that didn't repent.

If you don't feel joyous then you must have feel lots of relieve by his death, or who does not.

Men am going home to sleep. See you all later.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by kemmy(f): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2005
Joftech,....... who tell you say na liposuction she go do?Na your mouth dem go hear say teacher Mama die!

Greatpeter,..... even the Isrealites rejoiced when Pharaoh died....give me a break!

May her soul rest in Peace.

This should make some people who want to do another six year term think twice.....God's time is always the BEST, no argmuent!
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2005
Ok bye and sweet dreams.

He who fights and runs needs to fight another day.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Greatpeter(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2005
Greatpeter,..... even the Isrealites rejoiced when Pharaoh died.give me a break!

Yes they might but that doesn't justify we should rejoice at someone's death.
In fact it's wrong.

Bible says "When a righteous man rules, the people rejoice but when a wicked man rules the people mourn.
Re: Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead by Odeku(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2005
Joftech, what a way to deal with a national issue. Abacha was a dictator, and Stella did more good for Nigeria in 1 year than abacha did in his whole carear in the army. this guy really need a nap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Sack Agatu Villages, Kill Pregnant Woman, Five Others- The Punch / 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline / Aregbesola At The launch Of Ofada Osun Rice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.