Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby (829 Views)

Blessing Agbomhere Assaulted At Benin Airport (Video, Photo) / FFK Assaulted, Injured In EFCC Custody In Lagos By Officer Kabiru- Lere Olayinka / Chibok Girls Survivors, Now In Oregon Boarding School, Share Their Stories (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 28, 2015

New York Magazine Interviews and photographs 35 of the women who have come forward to accuse Bill Cosby of Rape and/or sexual assault.

Detailed stories to follow:
Re: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 28, 2015
Beverly Johnson

Johnson got a call from her agent saying Cosby wanted Johnson to audition for a small role on The Cosby Show. Johnson met Cosby on the set, where he invited her to come over to his house to read for a part. The first time, Johnson brought her young daughter with her. Cosby served them brunch and gave them a tour of the house. Johnson returned a second time, alone. They talked about her career and Cosby led her upstairs, under the pretense that they would rehearse. Cosby had a big espresso machine installed in the room, and he insisted Johnson have a cup. She didn’t want to argue, and took two sips. After the second, she knew she had been drugged. Cosby approached her, and put his hand on her waist. Johnson cursed him and called him out for drugging her. Cosby grabbed her arm and almost dragged her down the stairs, out of the house, and into a cab. “In the end, just like the other women, I had too much to lose to go after Bill Cosby,” Johnson wrote in her initial public testimonial about the incident, in Vanity Fair, in December 2014. “It comes at an inopportune time for a black man of Cosby’s stature. It’s a conversation of race very much needed in this country for centuries, and there’s a conversation about violence against women that’s also needed. You have these two conversations happening. Just so happens that I am a black woman. Once I made the decision, I knew that [it] was going to be fraught with a lot of conflicting views. No one wants to be victimized again.”
Re: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby by neolboy(m): 1:52am On Jul 28, 2015
Oga gan
Re: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby by IGBOSON1: 2:17am On Jul 28, 2015
See their miserable gold-digger faces! All these years...how come it's now they're coming out to shout 'assault'? They probably had consensual sex with the man and are now seeing nothing but dollar signs!!
Re: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby by literatichick: 2:28am On Jul 28, 2015
IGBOSON1:
See their miserable gold-digger faces! All these years...how come it's now they're coming out to shout 'assault'? They probably had consensual sex with the man and are now seeing nothing but dollar signs!!

Did you read their stories?

I googled this article and some of the details are so disgusting:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/bill-cosbys-accusers-speak-out.html

I'm sorry but there's no way ALL these women were lying. Some of the accusers include high profile celebrities like Beverly Johnson.

I feel like people are very anti-woman when it comes to rape cases. Pray this doesn't happen to any of your female relatives so that they don't have to deal with the trauma of being raped + the scorn of the public accusing them of being whores/gold diggers.

1 Like

Re: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted By Bill Cosby by literatichick: 2:31am On Jul 28, 2015
Bill Cosby is a typical Black man drunk on power and obsessed with sex to the extent of raping women.

Women in America are lucky self. They should come to Nigeria....multitudes of poor women raped, assaulted and shamed to silence because their perpetrator was a powerful man.

(1) (Reply)

Diezani Madueke, Oshiomhole & The Stolen $6 Billion Dollars Nigeria Oil Revenue. / We Don't Want Abubakar Audu To Rule Kogi Again. He Is A Tyrant. / Gmd Nnpc To Declare His Assets In The Coming Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.