Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble (22940 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Femi Thomas Over $2.2m Transaction / Okonjo-iweala In Ethiopia: “they Killed Nigerian Children Under Her Watch” / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by airmark(m): 2:38am On Jul 28, 2015
Officials of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) are questioning how former Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala handled payment of the sum of $2.2 million that was the subject of a dispute between the Health Ministry and a global non-governmental organization called the Global Alliance for Vaccine and Immunization (GAVI).
A letter written by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health wondered why Ms. Okonjo-Iweala’s Ministry of Finance rushed to pay the disputed sum to GAVI, a health NGO that had claimed that Nigeria’s health officials had misappropriated the funds between 2011 and 2013.

GAVI had sought the intervention of the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) following disagreements between the NGO and the Federal Ministry of Health, according to a letter written by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health, L.N. Awute.

Specifically, GAVI had accused the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) of several infractions, including failure to pay taxes, failure to make required payments to UNICEF, and failure to supply promised goods and programs between 2011 and 2013.

In the midst of the dispute, the Federal Ministry of Finance made a $2.2 million payment to GAVI to make up for the supposedly misplaced funds.

However, Mr. Awute claims in his letter, addressed to the EFCC and dated July 15th, that all of the funds were properly accounted for by the NPHCDA. The agency’s own report found receipts, confirmations, and other forms of evidence verifying that the money was in fact appropriately spent. The permanent secretary’s letter to the EFCC stated that the discrepancies between NPHCDA’s and GAVI’s accounting were glaring, but accused GAVI of being “evasive to all requests for reconciliation.”

Mr. Awute wrote that, following GAVI’s insistence that the Ministry of Finance involve the EFCC in the issue, the Ministry of Health was under the impression that the EFCC would seek to harmonize GAVI’s audit report and the response from the NPHCDA. Instead, he disclosed, the Ministry of Finance headed by Ms. Okonjo-Iweala paid the disputed $2.2 million to GAVI “without recourse to the Federal Ministry of Health.”

Mr. Awute surmised, wondering whether the EFCC had concluded its investigation and recommended that the Ministry of Finance pay the full disputed amount to GAVI.

“In the light of the foregoing, I wish to seek your clarifications on the issues raised,” Mr. Awute wrote to the chair of the anti-corruption agency.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/27/nigerias-ministry-health-accuses-okonjo-iweala-making-questionable-payment-global-health

lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by HungerBAD: 2:39am On Jul 28, 2015
So today i bought 3 packs of Pepsodent Toothpaste, some packs of Garri and Sugar, Roasted Groundnuts, Some Amplicox, Some toothpicks and some Superman underwear's.

The above stated things will soon, be shared by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Goodluck Jonathan in Prison.

So, Goodluck Jonathan in his last days used $2.2 million as transport fare back to Otueke?i have said it, that there is no way my President will not send this very corrupt Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to Jail. Not sending this woman to jail, will send a bad signal out there that it is okay to loot, and that nothing can come out of the investigation.

But Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan should first be used as example on how to deal with corruption, and the others can follow. Then the probe, should continue into the Power Sector. Specifically, Mikano Generators and her cronies should be taken to Court, for single handedly sabotaging our Power Sector.

A couple of Years back, in Jonathan's Government. Mikano gave all the Judges, in Nigeria each a Generator set at their homes worth Millions of Naira, and that was how the Judiciary was compromised, just in case they get sued.

This letter on this article, is an enough proof to convict Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

President Buhari, this is not a vindictive act. But, it is high time your Government pursue all those that stole from Nigeria in the guise of PDP until they are all locked up, and monies returned back into the coffers of the country.

Mr. President, all these N.G.O's should be looked into too, as those corrupt PDP thieves, used them as a conduit for wiring millions of stolen Dollars Overseas.

The 4 thieves that need to go to jail asap, before the rest follows are:

Goodluck Jonathan.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Dasuki Sambo.

David Mark.

Another thief is Theophilus Danjuma, who owns half of the oil wells in Nigeria.

President Buhari, you are working and the OBSERVERS are happy.

Long live Buhari, long live Nigeria.

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Atlantian: 2:41am On Jul 28, 2015
The OP is one of the illiterates in Nigeria. The report is analysis of 2012/2013 payment, clarified on July 15. Go to school, una no gree.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by tucky200(m): 2:43am On Jul 28, 2015
Good..at last, a working president

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by airmark(m): 2:53am On Jul 28, 2015
Atlantian:
The OP is one of the illiterates in Nigeria. The report is analysis of 2012/2013 payment, clarified on July 15. Go to school, una no gree.

If you could n't see a red flag here, then you need to be given a serious knock on your head to reset your brain.

airmark:

Specifically, GAVI had accused the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) of several infractions, including failure to pay taxes, failure to make required payments to UNICEF, and failure to supply promised goods and programs between 2011 and 2013.
In the midst of the dispute, the Federal Ministry of Finance made a $2.2 million payment to GAVI to make up for the supposedly misplaced funds.
However, Mr. Awute claims in his letter, addressed to the EFCC and dated July 15th, that all of the funds were properly accounted for by the NPHCDA. The agency’s own report found receipts, confirmations, and other forms of evidence verifying that the money was in fact appropriately spent. The permanent secretary’s letter to the EFCC stated that the discrepancies between NPHCDA’s and GAVI’s accounting were glaring, but accused GAVI of being “evasive to all requests for reconciliation.”
Mr. Awute wrote that, following GAVI’s insistence that the Ministry of Finance involve the EFCC in the issue, the Ministry of Health was under the impression that the EFCC would seek to harmonize GAVI’s audit report and the response from the NPHCDA. Instead, he disclosed, the Ministry of Finance headed by Ms. Okonjo-Iweala paid the disputed $2.2 million to GAVI “without recourse to the Federal Ministry of Health.”
Mr. Awute surmised, wondering whether the EFCC had concluded its investigation and recommended that the Ministry of Finance pay the full disputed amount to GAVI.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/27/nigerias-ministry-health-accuses-okonjo-iweala-making-questionable-payment-global-health

35 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by nnachukz(m): 2:55am On Jul 28, 2015
Where is the trouble for NOI in this report? Was she also heading GAVI? If there were discrepancy between the FMH account and GAVI account how does it involve NOI? Calling this woman names make some people very happy.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 28, 2015
Bunch of idiotic fools,so after two months of searching for dirts on these woman, this is all you have got? Too bad for you!!!! You still don't have anything concrete keep digging

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Atlantian: 2:58am On Jul 28, 2015
airmark:

If you could n't see a red flag here, then you need to be given a serious knock on your head to reset your brain.

You are silly, the write up emphasized that this is a 2012/2013 analysis. The letter is dated July 15, 2015 explaining a previous event. Reading and comprehension isnt your strong point, illiterate. As daft as your President.

14 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by vicadex07(m): 3:01am On Jul 28, 2015
J
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by vicadex07(m): 3:04am On Jul 28, 2015
Lots of heads are rolling. No more impunity nor sacred cows. We shall hunt down all the evil witches if they refuse to repent and return all our money jejely

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by yrret: 3:09am On Jul 28, 2015
Op, don't mind the brother above me. Eh!

Your post is as current as bob marley 1st album.
I stand with you on this.

They feel they can compare you to our president being daft, not knowing we are presently embeded with it.

At the moment the way Forward is Backward untill I see how our lawmakers resolve their conflict today.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by airmark(m): 3:11am On Jul 28, 2015
Atlantian:
You are silly, the write up emphasized that this is a 2012/2013 analysis. The letter is dated July 15, 2015 explaining a previous event. Reading and comprehension isnt your strong point, illiterate. As daft as your President.

We are n't fighting bro. Take it cool and listen up. The issue is not about date of the written letter. The fact established here which effcc needs to explain is if they were responsible for recommending finance ministry to rush and pay the money. May be it's your limited comprehension ability, that made you not to understand where the perm. sec was coming from. I was expecting you to challenge the perm sec. for waiting this long before writing efcc and not to transfer senseless aggression to me. Mind you I belong to no party. I hope you can sleep well tonight, now knowing clearly I am not a political sycophant like you.

48 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by dustmalik: 3:11am On Jul 28, 2015
It's only a matter of time before some people go to jail.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by enkay2go(f): 3:21am On Jul 28, 2015
dustmalik:
It's only a matter of time before some people go to jail.
which people? All the wahala wen Dem so,who don go jail?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 28, 2015
enkay2go:
which people? All the wahala wen Dem so,who don go jail?
You de mind the empty chest beaters.I am still waiting for someone to tell me where she embezzled any money.This clowns are just too pathetic

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by baby124: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2015
Ngozi, mama accolades and sponsored global honorary degrees. Biko tell those Uni's to credit our country account

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Lovechyld101(m): 4:03am On Jul 28, 2015
NGOZI, NGOZI, NGOZI How many time did I Call you

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by RichDad1(m): 4:38am On Jul 28, 2015
Sahara Reporters, the nightmare of Tanoids and their pay masters. tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 28, 2015
Who was the Commander in Chief at that time?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by henryutd(m): 6:03am On Jul 28, 2015
From billion dollars to million dollars. I hope it won't get to thousands tomorrow or next. Even if it gets to that at worst it must not get hundreds of dollars please. We need to recover billions of dollars not millions.

7 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by olasmith10(m): 6:37am On Jul 28, 2015
Thank God the administration was sent to its timely end.If not, drier looting indexes will top charts by 2019..

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by dammytosh: 6:39am On Jul 28, 2015
I love Aunty Ngozi,

She does not steal money in naira.

It is either Million Dollars or Billion Dollars.

I hope there is an executive dollar jail

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by fulanimafia: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2015
Some people will keep playing ostrich thinking everyone else's head is in the ground.

This is a clear case of FRAUD!

How can a random NGO make claims to the authorities that $2.2 million was missing and then Ngozi goes ahead to quickly approve the payment, without waiting for the same EFCC's response, and despite the fact that there were documents and receipts showing that these funds were judiciously spent in the Health Ministry.

The fraud was perpetrated between 2011 and 2013, so of course it would only be discovered after the corrupt Jonathan's tenure was over, hence the Perm Sec petitioned the EFCC on 15th July 2015.

Jonathan and his cronies must pay.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by kernel504(m): 7:03am On Jul 28, 2015
Nawaoh

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by sammyj: 7:38am On Jul 28, 2015
cry Madam puff puff former minister of Finance over to you. Come and rant your usual witch hunting wailing comment otherwise your integrity is at stack here!!! shocked grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by merbenko: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2015
I believe APC have nothing to give Nigeria masses rather noise about corruption day in day out, corruption shouldn't be the topic rather execution of project. APC are busy looting within this month and the are looking at PDP. Better get to work

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by buskie13(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2015
arrest am make we for hear word... angry
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2015
NOI will still come out unscathed, this administration is fighting a loosing battle. A lot of nigerians in diaspora will be wary of working with the FG after their lies and mudsling on the person of NOI

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by DahtzFestjayz: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by kennyman2000(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2015
i see this as an addition to oshimole's joy...
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Johnnoo(m): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2015
Sacred cow...mscheeeeeewwww!!!
All of you untouchables must cough out Nigeria money by-fire-by-force

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by nipomain: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2015
Obasanjo's girlfriend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo / Patience Jonathan Arrives In Port-Harcourt Amid Tight Security / Aisha Buhari & Dolapo Osinbajo Visit 82 Released Chibok Girls in Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.