Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble (22941 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Femi Thomas Over $2.2m Transaction / Okonjo-iweala In Ethiopia: “they Killed Nigerian Children Under Her Watch” / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Sunofgod(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2015
Naija shaa . . . .everyone dey accuse anyone
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by JudgeWilson(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2015
T grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by ChelseaDr(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2015
na wao
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Atlantian: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2015
This useless APC administration is one day, one accusation and if there is no accusation they start a blame game. I am sure that most people that voted APC, if they knew that this APC is this useless, they would not have voted them.

Who do you blame for not setting up a cabinet after many months in power ?
Who do you blame for not fulfilling even one of your hundreds of campaign promises ?
Who do you blame for presenting to us a President that does not know the meaning of APC ?
Who do you blame for a President that speaks but no one understands ?
Even National Assembly under APC is in shambles.

Dear Useless APC party, Ngozi Iweala is a Professor of world repute, you will NEVER find one person that will navigate Nigeria economy as great as Iweala.

May God Punish APC and all her members in the name of Chukwu Abiama! Ise! Ise!! Ise!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Ahmeduana(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2015
airmark:
Officials of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) are questioning how former Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala handled payment of the sum of $2.2 million that was the subject of a dispute between the Health Ministry and a global non-governmental organization called the Global Alliance for Vaccine and Immunization (GAVI).
A letter written by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health wondered why Ms. Okonjo-Iweala’s Ministry of Finance rushed to pay the disputed sum to GAVI, a health NGO that had claimed that Nigeria’s health officials had misappropriated the funds between 2011 and 2013.

GAVI had sought the intervention of the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) following disagreements between the NGO and the Federal Ministry of Health, according to a letter written by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health, L.N. Awute.

Specifically, GAVI had accused the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) of several infractions, including failure to pay taxes, failure to make required payments to UNICEF, and failure to supply promised goods and programs between 2011 and 2013.

In the midst of the dispute, the Federal Ministry of Finance made a $2.2 million payment to GAVI to make up for the supposedly misplaced funds.

However, Mr. Awute claims in his letter, addressed to the EFCC and dated July 15th, that all of the funds were properly accounted for by the NPHCDA. The agency’s own report found receipts, confirmations, and other forms of evidence verifying that the money was in fact appropriately spent. The permanent secretary’s letter to the EFCC stated that the discrepancies between NPHCDA’s and GAVI’s accounting were glaring, but accused GAVI of being “evasive to all requests for reconciliation.”

Mr. Awute wrote that, following GAVI’s insistence that the Ministry of Finance involve the EFCC in the issue, the Ministry of Health was under the impression that the EFCC would seek to harmonize GAVI’s audit report and the response from the NPHCDA. Instead, he disclosed, the Ministry of Finance headed by Ms. Okonjo-Iweala paid the disputed $2.2 million to GAVI “without recourse to the Federal Ministry of Health.”

Mr. Awute surmised, wondering whether the EFCC had concluded its investigation and recommended that the Ministry of Finance pay the full disputed amount to GAVI.

“In the light of the foregoing, I wish to seek your clarifications on the issues raised,” Mr. Awute wrote to the chair of the anti-corruption agency.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/27/nigerias-ministry-health-accuses-okonjo-iweala-making-questionable-payment-global-health

lalasticlala, ishilove
ALL THESE TALKS ARE ONE SIDE STORIES, AND FOR EVERY STORY THERE IS A TWO SIDE!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by sinorte: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by jupitre(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2015
Lobatan...she don use money shop..
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by NoRetreat(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2015
If educated elite like we proud Nairalanders are blinded by sheer partisan politics where lies the hope of uneducated newspaper stand commentatators? Where was the petitioner all this while since 2013? I am not saying NOI should not be investigated and if found should be dealt with but not all accussation worth crucifying.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Luckylife(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2015
Any where Nigerian moneys enter we must follow it and bring it back but let the probe b for all .no sacred cows to b spared.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Abugab(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2015
Government of unending payments.
It was just Uhuru for all and sundry who had access to those in govt.
Kill and divide governance
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2015
U've said it all bro
HungerBAD:
So today i bought 3 packs of Pepsodent Toothpaste, some packs of Garri and Sugar, Roasted Groundnuts, Some Amplicox, Some toothpicks and some Superman underwear's.

The above stated things will soon, be shared by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Goodluck Jonathan in Prison.

So, Goodluck Jonathan in his last days used $2.2 million as transport fare back to Otueke?i have said it, that there is no way my President will not send this very corrupt Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to Jail. Not sending this woman to jail, will send a bad signal out there that it is okay to loot, and that nothing can come out of the investigation.

But Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan should first be used as example on how to deal with corruption, and the others can follow. Then the probe, should continue into the Power Sector. Specifically, Mikano Generators and her cronies should be taken to Court, for single handedly sabotaging our Power Sector.

A couple of Years back, in Jonathan's Government. Mikano gave all the Judges, in Nigeria each a Generator set at their homes worth Millions of Naira, and that was how the Judiciary was compromised, just in case they get sued.

This letter on this article, is an enough proof to convict Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

President Buhari, this is not a vindictive act. But, it is high time your Government pursue all those that stole from Nigeria in the guise of PDP until they are all locked up, and monies returned back into the coffers of the country.

Mr. President, all these N.G.O's should be looked into too, as those corrupt PDP thieves, used them as a conduit for wiring millions of stolen Dollars Overseas.

The 4 thieves that need to go to jail asap, before the rest follows are:

Goodluck Jonathan.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Dasuki Sambo.

David Mark.

Another thief is Theophilus Danjuma, who owns half of the oil wells in Nigeria.

President Buhari, you are working and the OBSERVERS are happy.

Long live Buhari, long live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2015
#bringbackthemoneykiakiakiamoosa grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by jbaby265(f): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2015
lol..only d heading alone got me laughing..this woman shaa

but on a second thought if this news is authentic she shuld be made to face d law...her own don too much

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Abugab(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2015
NoRetreat:
If educated elite like we proud Nairalanders are blinded by sheer partisan politics where lies the hope of uneducated newspaper stand commentatators? Where was the petitioner all this while since 2013? I am not saying NOI should not be investigated and if found should be dealt with but not all accussation worth crucifying.

I think its because of the new sheriff in town and the new ways of doing things that these information's are surfacing now.
If this had happened in the previous administration, you and I know it would have led to nothing. A whole lot of rot were covered up and allowed to happen as corruption was a norm.
Its really not about being educated or not as we have discovered that the looting was done by the educated and non educated.
If she has a case to answer, so be it.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2015
airmark:

We are n't fighting bro. Take it cool and listen up. The issue is not about date of the written letter. The fact established here which effcc needs to explain is if they were responsible for recommending finance ministry to rush and pay the money. May be it's your limited comprehension ability, that made you not to understand where the perm. sec was coming from. I was expecting you to challenge the perm sec. for waiting this long before writing efcc and not to transfer senseless aggression to me. Mind you I belong to no party. I hope you can sleep well tonight, now knowing clearly I am not a political sycophant like you.

Daura President is infecting you with illiteracy already
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by tbaba1234: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2015
Why is the petition made available to the press?

For now, it is just a petition. Let the EFCC investigate.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by seedorfg(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2015
i said it already that this madam puffpuff cheek is a corrupt woman and one among the gej minister whom is suppose to be having is daily meal in kirikiri prison
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Ahmeduana(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2015
airmark:

We are n't fighting bro. Take it cool and listen up. The issue is not about date of the written letter. The fact established here which effcc needs to explain is if they were responsible for recommending finance ministry to rush and pay the money. May be it's your limited comprehension ability, that made you not to understand where the perm. sec was coming from. I was expecting you to challenge the perm sec. for waiting this long before writing efcc and not to transfer senseless aggression to me. Mind you I belong to no party. I hope you can sleep well tonight, now knowing clearly I am not a political sycophant like you.
AND YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A TWO SIDE TO A STORY? AND IS EASY FOR YOU TO JUDGE BASE ON ONE SIDE STORY DISH OUT? IS THIS PROVERB APPLICABLE TO YOU? THAT, a person that gives verdict base on one side argument, the person is an evil person! did you agree?
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2015
Abugab:
Government of unending payments.
It was just Uhuru for all and sundry who had access to those in govt.
Kill and divide governance

You know what Uhuru means? All and sundry,really?
You illiteracy stinks like a day old cows shitr
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by sweetgala(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Atlantian:
This useless APC administration is one day, one accusation and if there is no accusation they start a blame game. I am sure that most people that voted APC, if they knew that this APC is this useless, they would not have voted them.

Who do you blame for not setting up a cabinet after many months in power ?
Who do you blame for not fulfilling even one of your hundreds of campaign promises ?
Who do you blame for presenting to us a President that does not know the meaning of APC ?
Who do you blame for a President that speaks but no one understands ?

Dear Useless APC party, Ngozi Iweala is a Professor of world repute, you will NEVER find one person that will navigate Nigeria economy as great as Iweala.

May God Punish APC and all her members in the name of Chukwu Abiama! Ise! Ise!! Ise!!!

Don't be pained, your only crime is thinking that Okonjo Iweala is beyond corruption contrary to the information coming out now that she was not morally autonomous and was complicit in the actions of Jonathan croonies to loot the treasury.

I have expected more from her and I'm very surprised she can be embroiled in this sort of things. I know people who run NGO and can tell you for sure a vast majority are avenues for fraud and money laundering.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2015
airmark:
Officials of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) are questioning how former Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala handled payment of the sum of $2.2 million that was the subject of a dispute between the Health Ministry and a global non-governmental organization called the Global Alliance for Vaccine and Immunization (GAVI).
A letter written by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health wondered why Ms. Okonjo-Iweala’s Ministry of Finance rushed to pay the disputed sum to GAVI, a health NGO that had claimed that Nigeria’s health officials had misappropriated the funds between 2011 and 2013.

GAVI had sought the intervention of the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) following disagreements between the NGO and the Federal Ministry of Health, according to a letter written by the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Health, L.N. Awute.

Specifically, GAVI had accused the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA) of several infractions, including failure to pay taxes, failure to make required payments to UNICEF, and failure to supply promised goods and programs between 2011 and 2013.

In the midst of the dispute, the Federal Ministry of Finance made a $2.2 million payment to GAVI to make up for the supposedly misplaced funds.

However, Mr. Awute claims in his letter, addressed to the EFCC and dated July 15th, that all of the funds were properly accounted for by the NPHCDA. The agency’s own report found receipts, confirmations, and other forms of evidence verifying that the money was in fact appropriately spent. The permanent secretary’s letter to the EFCC stated that the discrepancies between NPHCDA’s and GAVI’s accounting were glaring, but accused GAVI of being “evasive to all requests for reconciliation.”

Mr. Awute wrote that, following GAVI’s insistence that the Ministry of Finance involve the EFCC in the issue, the Ministry of Health was under the impression that the EFCC would seek to harmonize GAVI’s audit report and the response from the NPHCDA. Instead, he disclosed, the Ministry of Finance headed by Ms. Okonjo-Iweala paid the disputed $2.2 million to GAVI “without recourse to the Federal Ministry of Health.”

Mr. Awute surmised, wondering whether the EFCC had concluded its investigation and recommended that the Ministry of Finance pay the full disputed amount to GAVI.

“In the light of the foregoing, I wish to seek your clarifications on the issues raised,” Mr. Awute wrote to the chair of the anti-corruption agency.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/27/nigerias-ministry-health-accuses-okonjo-iweala-making-questionable-payment-global-health

lalasticlala, ishilove

APC - a political party built strongly on lies n accusations. The weight of leadership now lies solely on dem and they have become very confused...

Instead of fulfilling their campaign promises, they have spent 2 months accusing pdp officials of fraud witout ever going to court.

If u say okonjo stole or misused 2.2 million dollars, take her to court...not come here to blab rubbish.

Failed party.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by alexlee50: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2015
HungerBAD:
So today i bought 3 packs of Pepsodent Toothpaste, some packs of Garri and Sugar, Roasted Groundnuts, Some Amplicox, Some toothpicks and some Superman underwear's.

The above stated things will soon, be shared by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Goodluck Jonathan in Prison.

So, Goodluck Jonathan in his last days used $2.2 million as transport fare back to Otueke?i have said it, that there is no way my President will not send this very corrupt Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to Jail. Not sending this woman to jail, will send a bad signal out there that it is okay to loot, and that nothing can come out of the investigation.

But Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan should first be used as example on how to deal with corruption, and the others can follow. Then the probe, should continue into the Power Sector. Specifically, Mikano Generators and her cronies should be taken to Court, for single handedly sabotaging our Power Sector.

A couple of Years back, in Jonathan's Government. Mikano gave all the Judges, in Nigeria each a Generator set at their homes worth Millions of Naira, and that was how the Judiciary was compromised, just in case they get sued.

President Buhari, this is not a vindictive act. But, it is high time your Government pursue all those that stole from Nigeria in the guise of PDP until they are all locked up, and monies returned back into the coffers of the country.

Mr. President, all these N.G.O's should be looked into too, as those corrupt PDP thieves, used them as a conduit for wiring millions of stolen Dollars Overseas.

Goodluck Jonathan.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Dasuki Sambo.

David Mark.

Long live Buwehari, long live Nigeria.
wetin concern GEJ with money wey dem pay NGO? U no read the story? Abi u wan learn how to talk? Abi na attention u dey find? Anyway we have noticed u, na u be the patient wey run commot from yabaleft last week.make I find chain, make we chain u go back, u pose a danger to society.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Hope15: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Tinubu must be the one masterminding this petition I guess.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Atlantian: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2015
sweetgala:

Don't be pained, your only crime is thinking that Okonjo Iweala is beyond corruption contrary to the information coming out now that she was not morally autonomous and was complicit in the actions of Jonathan croonies to loot the treasury.

I have expected more from her and I'm very surprised she can be embroiled in this sort of things. I know people who run NGO and can tell you for sure a vast majority are avenues for fraud and money laundering.
Shut up your silly mouth. She is innocent until proven guilty. Buhari can not even pronounce a word of English that Ngozi can write. And at the moment there is no Economic Team or Minister of Economy in place to even look at things. America has shamed you idiots, cos your useless President went to the jamboree with the ugliest team without any captains of Industry to insult America. You should be ashamed of that. I dont know why Biafrans are not taking their oil back and chase you people away from Niger Delta oil.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2015
HungerBAD:

Goodluck Jonathan.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Dasuki Sambo.

David Mark.

Long live Buhari, long live Nigeria.

Very sorry for u.

Getting paid to write rubbish n falsehood here everyday.

Selling ur soul n consience for nothing.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by sweetgala(m): 8:34am On Jul 28, 2015
Atlantian:
Shut up your silly mouth. She is innocent until proven guilty. Buhari can not even pronounce a word of English that Ngozi can write. And at the moment there is no Economic Team or Minister of Economy in place to even look at things. America has shamed you idiots, cos your useless President went to the jamboree with the ugliest team without any captains of Industry to insult America. You should be ashamed of that. I dont know why Biafrans are not taking their oil back and chase you people away from Niger Delta oil.

You Biafra clown, why don't you start a war.. Your sure death beacons .. You'll be food for crows and vultures soon enough.

Bloody swine

Don't try reply me I've more better things to do than have an e-tussle with your silly self.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Kayendy(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2015
Dem just dey fight deir corruption for pages of newspapers and blogs, arrest one person, NO... pls I don tire to dey hear all dese tins we need action
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by biafranqueen: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2015
Why all this talk? Prove your case and do the needful!
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Abugab(m): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2015
asokoromadam:

You know what Uhuru means? All and sundry,really?
You illiteracy stinks like a day old cows shitr

You must be high on weed.
You are a nonentity from what I can deduce.
Derelict like you talking about illiteracy
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by kingthreat(m): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2015
The IMF will be regretful they never considered this female financial fraudster for high positions in their organization.
Re: Okonjo-iweala In Fresh $2.2m Trouble by Atlantian: 8:37am On Jul 28, 2015
sweetgala:

You Biafra clown, why don't you start a war.. Your sure death beacons .. You'll be food for crows and vultures soon enough.

Bloody swine
2015 is not 1963. Even your useless zoological army cant even survive Boko Haram, and you are boasting about a Biafran Army that will be powered by Oil/Gas money. Your yansh is used for sitting, dont think with your yansh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCB Declares Saraki Has No Case To Answer / ECOWAS Challenges Nigeria’s Border Closure, Sets Up Committee / Aisha Buhari & Dolapo Osinbajo Visit 82 Released Chibok Girls in Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.