Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? (1068 Views)

Church Members Lie On The Floor For Pastor, To Welcome Him (Photo) / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / What If The Bible Is A Lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by kinggenesis(m): 7:44am On Jul 28, 2015
"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came
down from heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even
the Son of man which is in heaven"(John 3:13).

If Jesus is in heaven, how can he be down on earth speaking?

Moreover, according to 2 Kings 2:11 "and Elijah went up by a
whirlwind into heaven"

Jesus was not the only person to ascend into heaven, nor was he the first.

Elijah preceded him and apparently Enoch did also ("And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him"--Genesis 5:24).
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by Suspect33(m): 7:47am On Jul 28, 2015
Jesus is Alive
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by DahtzFestjayz: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by Tallesty1(m): 8:00am On Jul 28, 2015
OP has forgotten that even before Abraham was, he already isgrin
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by WhoIBe: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2015
That is the power of God. Because you do not understand it does not make it a lie. Elijah and Enoch did not ascend but they were taken up by God, Only Jesus ascended, be careful to distinguish between terms, every one saw as Jesus was going up small small until they could see him no more. Just know that God is God and He can do what He say will do, you pray so to receive the Holy Spirit and He will guide you unto all truth although you have to be born again first. So do the needful and be happy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by MuttleyLaff: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came
down from heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even
the Son of man which is in heaven"(John 3:13).

If Jesus is in heaven, how can he be down on earth speaking?

Moreover, according to 2 Kings 2:11 "and Elijah went up by a
whirlwind into heaven"

Jesus was not the only person to ascend into heaven, nor was he the first.

Elijah preceded him and apparently Enoch did also ("And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him"--Genesis 5:24).

WhoIBe:
That is the power of God. Because you do not understand it does not make it a lie.
Elijah and Enoch did not ascend but they were taken up by God, Only Jesus ascended,
be careful to distinguish between terms
, every one saw as Jesus was going up small small until they could see him no more.
Just know that God is God and He can do what He say will do, you pray so to receive the Holy Spirit
and He will guide you unto all truth although you have to be born again first.
So do the needful and be happy
cc Tallesty1

Asides the usual rhetorics (e.g. that God is God and He can do what He say will do)
when trying to explain what happened to Elijah or Enoch and why Moses' body was never found, teleporting has always being vaguely mentioned in the Bible, just as happened to Elijah, Enoch or Moses before, Jesus too was teleported at least twice in the Bible.
He was teleported into the desert to be tempted by the satan
He, Jesus and the fishing boat were teleported to the shore
There are other examples apart from these two of teleporting in the Bible

As WhoIBe said, we sometimes mistake teleporting for ascending into heaven, even after what Jesus confirmed in John 3:13

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by Tallesty1(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

cc Tallesty1

Asides the usual rhetorics (e.g. that God is God and He can do what He say will do)
when trying to explain what happened to Elijah or Enoch and why Moses' body was never found, teleporting has always being vaguely mentioned in the Bible, just as happened to Elijah, Enoch or Moses before, Jesus too was teleported at least twice in the Bible.

As WhoIBe said, we sometimes mistake teleporting for ascending into heaven, even after what Jesus confirmed in John 3:13

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.
Thanks for the mention.

I didn't want to go into details when I first commented on this post because I don't want to be insulted this morning.

Some people ask questions on nairaland not because they want to learn but because they want to argue, and some half-baked atheists see it as a medium to attack Christians and mock their God.

Now back to the topic and OP's question. Jesus didn't lie. I think the problem is readers not getting the actually message Jesus was passing across.

How about we translate John 3:13 this way: Hey folks, listen attentively to me. No one among your teachers can really give you first hand information on what is going on in heaven or what heaven is about heaven or what it looks like because none of them have actually been there. But I, the son of man. Only I have been there. In fact, it is My home and come to you directly from there. And I, having come from there and having spent a lot of time with my father brought with Me experiential knowledge of that place. My teachings are tru and my testimony carries weight; I can tell you the truth about salvation because I learnt them directly from the father.”

Does it make any sense now?

Sha that's what I think and feel about the topic and Christ's message.

Now Talking about Miraculous transportation. It is something God initiated and still initiate in order to take people where he want them to be, to do what he want them to do.

Take what happened in Acts 8:38-40 for example. This minute, Philip was baptising someone in a river, the next minute he was in Azotus preaching.

the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. But Philip found himself at Azotus

This is some 30k, miles away.

Finally, Jesus in John chapter 3 vs 13 was teaching that, of all rabbis, He had the best credentials. He is the only one that has direct contact with heaven.
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by WhoIBe: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

cc Tallesty1

Moses died on a mountain top which God showed him, his body was not found i think if it was found the Isrealites might decide to worship and God made the body dissapear, although it is not stated like that in the Bible,its my thought due to frequent studies. So their is no issue of teleporting with Moses
I believe teleporting is when someone dissappears from one spot and appear in another place, But that is not the issue with Jesus, He was seen going up,

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted ( Matt 4:1)
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness ( Luke 4 :1 )
He did not dissappear nor teleport, he went there. You can be led to pray for someone does not mean you teleport. Also the boat in the sea, when you welcome Jesus in your life you are quick to reach your goals that I know is the meaning of the boat scene,Jesus quickens but not teleporting even if you call it teleporting to show how quick it was, not a bad idea.

If you see me going somewhere you can not say i am teleporting but when I dissappear all of a sudden you can say that but not in the case of Jesus ascending to heaven because you could see him if you were there. Jesus met the apostles and showed himself to Thomas (Doubting Thomas ) showing the nail pierced hands now you can say telporting,Enouch was taken (teleported ) to heaven and maybe Elijah also but not Moses or Jesus............ The use of teleporting is for you to understand, its more than that anyway
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by kinggenesis(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2015
Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven... that is ASCENSION into heaven.
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by kinggenesis(m): 11:21am On Jul 28, 2015
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father... meaning Enoch got to heaven before Jesus from earth.
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by kinggenesis(m): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2015
The average man can't prove of most of the things that he
chooses to speak of and still won't research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of Scholars teach in Universities and claim that they're smart and cunning.

Tell them to find a cure when we sneeze and that's when their
nose start running

Damian Marley
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by dolphinheart(m): 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Guys, the bible did not say enoch ascended or teleported to heaven. Apostle paul said "all" the faithful men and women he mentioned their names( enoch inclusive ) died. He said they did not receive the reward but saw it afar off.

The heaven where elijah ascended to is not the heaven where the spirits resides.
Why? Flesh and blood cannot enter there.
Elijah did not fufill the criteria for entering heaven
And furthermore elijah was said to be active on earth several years after the chariot in a whirlwind took him away, even after elisha became prophet.

I hope you read the account of the so-called rapture, if the faithful ones has been ressurected before then , who will now be resurrected during that event.
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by MizJanet(f): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
The average man can't prove of most of the things that he
chooses to speak of and still won't research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of Scholars teach in Universities and claim that they're smart and cunning.

Tell them to find a cure when we sneeze and that's when their
nose start running

Damian Marley

Op , Most of these church people dont use their brain , see how they keep contradicting themselves .

1 Like

Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by MuttleyLaff: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
WhoIBe:
Moses died on a mountain top which God showed him, his body was not found i think if it was found the Isrealites might decide to worship and God made the body dissapear, although it is not stated like that in the Bible, its my thought due to frequent studies. So their is no issue of teleporting with Moses
I believe teleporting is when someone dissappears from one spot and appear in another place, But that is not the issue with Jesus, He was seen going up,

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted ( Matt 4:1)
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness ( Luke 4 :1 )
He did not dissappear nor teleport, he went there. You can be led to pray for someone does not mean you teleport. Also the boat in the sea, when you welcome Jesus in your life you are quick to reach your goals that I know is the meaning of the boat scene, Jesus quickens but not teleporting even if you call it teleporting to show how quick it was, not a bad idea.

If you see me going somewhere you can not say i am teleporting but when I dissappear all of a sudden you can say that
but not in the case of Jesus ascending to heaven because you could see him if you were there. Jesus met the apostles and showed himself to Thomas (Doubting Thomas ) showing the nail pierced hands now you can say telporting, Enoch was taken (teleported ) to heaven and maybe Elijah also but not Moses or Jesus............ The use of teleporting is for you to understand, its more than that anyway
Seems my post didnt quite turn out the way it was intended
What it was saying is that Jesus teleported and a few others before and after Him got teleported too,
however when Jesus went to heaven it was an ascension and not a teleportation

In the previous post, I gave a few examples of teleporting
Moses died on Mount Horeb and died there, in an unmarked grave to prevent the Israelites of making shrine of the spot/place
Enoch walked with God and one day got teleported to another place on earth
Elijah was teleported with great fanfare using a chariot of fire and horses of fire
Ezekiel, in a vision was teleported
Paul, was teleported to the third heavens, and using his words, Paul said, he was snatched
Philip suddenly got teleported and the Ethiopian eunuch saw him no more. Philip later found himself at Azotus, about 30 miles away.

Asides the earlier Jesus mentions of teleporting (e.g. Jesus teleported Himself, the disciples and the boat that it suddenly appeared at shore, Jesus was teleported when He suddenly appeared in the wilderness for testing)
Jesus before ascending to heaven, teleported through the door/wall and suddenly appeared before the disciples when they were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders

Enoch walked with God, and then he disappeared because God took him away - Genesis 5:24 (i.e. Enoch was teleported)

But as soon as I leave you, the Spirit of the LORD will carry you away to who knows where.
When Ahab comes and cannot find you, he will kill me.
Yet I have been a true servant of the LORD all my life - 1 Kings 18:12 (i.e. Obadiah knowing about Elijah being teleported)

And the Spirit lifted me up and took me away,
and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit;
but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me - Ezekiel 3:14 (i.e. Ezekiel when teleported)

At once the Spirit brought him into the desert - Mark 1:12 (i.e. Jesus was teleported)

That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders.
Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them!
"Peace be with you," he said - John 20:19 (i.e. Jesus teleports into room)

I know a follower of Christ who was snatched away to the third heaven fourteen years ago.
I don't know whether this happened to him physically or spiritually. Only God knows - 2 Corinthians 12:2 (i.e. Paul when teleported)

When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away,
and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing - Acts 8:39 (i.e. Philip was teleported)

Echoing a line from last post, as WhoIBe said, we sometimes mistake teleporting for ascending into heaven,
even after what Jesus confirmed in John 3:13 that no one has ever gone into heaven except Him

Bottom line here, is that not one person, except Jesus, initiated any of these teleportations
God used teleportations to expressly move Enoch, Elijah, Ezekiel, Paul and Philip about
Jesus (i.e. God the Son) used teleportation to move Himself and others (e.g. the disciples and the boat incident)
Teleportation is not a spiritual gift and that is why God doesnt prescribe it as a personal way or means of moving oneself about
Re: Did "Jesus" Tell A "LIE"??? by ByfireByfire: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
OP Christ said no man has entered into heaven. Please tell me if you've seen any man that jumped into heaven by his own effort? Christ alone ever did that by the power that God gave Him.

Besides it can be argued that neither Enoch or Moses or Elijah entered heaven as men but as spirits cos before anyone can be admitted into heaven he/she must shed this corruptible mortal body whether its done in the grave or by a divine miraculous manipulation midair.

Bible clearly states that flesh and blood(mortal corruptible body) cannot inherit eternal life.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS : ANGRY RESIDENTS SMASH PASTOR’S HEAD FOR DISTURBING D STREETS WITH NOISE / Jesus Christ Is A Driver, He Drives A Bulldozer / What Color Is God ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.