Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today (14106 Views)

Imo Workers To Get 3 Months Salary Arrears / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha / Resume Work Now Or Be Sacked, Okorocha Tells Imo Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 28, 2015
OWERRI—Government activities in Imo State will, with effect from today, remain grounded, following the indefinite industrial action called by labour leaders in the state.

This development has eventually vindicated Vanguard that had exclusively been reporting the growing discontent among workers, over the state government’s alleged plan to slash staff salaries in the state.

According to a public announcement broadcast in Radio Nigeria, Heartland FM and Hot FM, signed by all the labour leaders, in lauding the State Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Mr. Austen Chilakpu, all workers were ordered to remain in their respective homes until otherwise directed by the union leaders.

The aggrieved labour leaders hinged their current action on the unwillingness of the state government to fulfil its own part of the recent agreement it freely entered with labour, over the backlog of unpaid salaries and allowances owed workers.

A civil servant that spoke on strict grounds of anonymity, fumed that “Governor Rochas Okorocha chose to travel to the United States of America, when he should have stayed at home to resolve the brewing labour crisis that has now hit the state.”

Continuing, the worker, who accused the Governor of double standard, wondered why he should send his son overseas to study, when his administration not only prides itself with running free education at all levels, but had also been claiming that Imo State University, compete with other universities across the world.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/unpaid-salaries-imo-workers-begin-indefinite-strike-today/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by DahtzFestjayz: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
see ur life
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by rawtouch: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2015
So they mean the US handshake their gov brought back nor go do them.....
Thought he said he wasn't owing salaries

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2015
Progressive State. This Administration Na Joke!

Bring Back Our Liar Mohammed

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by slap1(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Some started yesterday. I met two people who had #30,000 and #40,000 deducted from their salaries respectively. Rochas is a shame.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by biafranqueen: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2015
The money went toward the nice billboard of Roaches shaking the Presidents hands now standing in the middle of Owerri.
Imolites welcome to #shortchanged!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by asha80(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2015
slap1:
Some started yesterday. I met two people who had #30,000 and #40,000 deducted from their salaries respectively. Rochas is a shame.
what does this mean?that their salaries has been slashed?

5 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by iamboody(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2015
Oya PDP wailers, blame it on APC.

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by churchkilo(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2015
little wonder Buhari need to get $2 billions loan to be able to refund Imo state money that was used for campaign,

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by slap1(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2015
asha80:
what does this mean?that their salaries has been slashed?
Yes. One is a family member. Then my aunt was paid half salary.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by mencade5(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2015
B
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
It is a shame.

That Rochas has been gallivanting around and workers are suffering.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by candidbabe(f): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
He is owing Imo state and he was seen in USA gallivanting with Muhammadu buhari.
APC is a joke
SMH.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by david22uu(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
space kept till futher notice...

APCOWS

7 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Demmocrats(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
After using state money book private jets and campaigning what do you expect.

www.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by debbie(f): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Shame to the paparazzi governor of imo state.I pity anyone that will come here to defend him.
While the workers are going on strike,the pensioners will start their own.....owing them 7months pension benefit,not to talk of unpaid gratuities since 2011.Yet someone will open his mouth and say rochas is working...guess in your dream undecided undecided.

Which sector is even working?
I pity all these our mothers,fathers,brothers and sisters who work for the state.I pity more also those seniors citizens who go hungry just because of a wicked man that has nothing to offer the state.

Just take a trip from ORJI,WORKS LAYOUT,ALADIMMA,IKENEGBU,EGBU,URATTA,ALL OF OWERRI MUNICIPAL,UMUGUMA AND AMAKOHIA .....you will pity the state.

Imolites this is what you voted for,even after the first 4 years he did nothing.......May God help us.

35 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Demmocrats(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
debbie:
Shame to the paparazzi governor of imo state.I pity anyone that will come here to defend him.
While the workers are going on strike,the pensioners will start their own.....owing them 7months pension benefit,not to talk of unpaid gratuities since 2011.Yet someone will open his mouth and say rochas is working...guess in your dream undecided undecided.
Which sector is even working?
I pity all these our mothers,fathers,brothers and sisters who work for the state.I pity more also those seniors citizens who go hungry just because of a wicked man that has nothing to offer the state.
Just take a trip from ORJI,WORKS LAYOUT,ALADIMMA,IKENEGBU,EGBU,URATTA,ALL OF OWERRI MUNICIPAL,UMUGUMA AND AMAKOHIA .....you will pity the state.
Imolites this is what you voted for,even after the first 4 years he did nothing.......May God help us.

After reading your comments I cried in Igbo language and it made me to buy two handkerchief one for me and one for you..

Please take heart my sister, that man really duped you guys and i pray hebpays that pension to that your relation
www.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Simple26(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Okoro hausa

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Obaiyski(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Nawa ooh! I pity this people they have entered one chance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by ganja06(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Pdp said buhari's visit to usa is a waste, they should visit owerri and see the benefit of that visit.

5 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by AINATOLULOPE: 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
HAA
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Publ1cEnemy(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
PDP @ work.
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Ephemmm: 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
We have been telling them for so long, but instead of facing the reality in Imo and Abia, the flat-head son of chest beaters like having orgasm on Osun Aregberascal. tongue tongue tongue

I hope their eyes are clearer now?
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by kernel504(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Nigeria

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Xzevian(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Photocracy government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by SouthernBreeze(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
Bubu call Rochas to order

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
How did Rochas won his second term?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by WhatDoYouMean: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
"I hate poverty, that is why I own private jet"... Mallam Rochas Okorocha

There is no peace for the wicked... The Book of Peace (Holy Bible)

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 28, 2015
;Dwhat abt d bail out fund.. he use am do billboard of him photo with obama ni

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Expresses Satisfaction With APC Primary In Ondo / Payment Of N150,000 To Boko Haram Ex Members Monthly Is Fake News - Bashir Ahmad / Gowon Pushes For Rotational President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.