Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

The Albinoes Of National Hospital Abuja - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Albinoes Of National Hospital Abuja (496 Views)

Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja / PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja / Unknown Patient At National Hospital, Abuja...( See His Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Albinoes Of National Hospital Abuja by MansaMoussa: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2015
Seated on a Park Bench at night was a White Figure carefully unwrapping the bandage in her head to reveal a most heart wrenching sore..she proceeded to clean it carefully, rebandage and then proceeded to sleep in the bench which she had made her home for the past 4months...saw her as a random patient who couldn't pay her bills..

Then I saw the young man who loved to keep to himself all the time on a park bench around the Oncology section...he too was white...
Come closer and you are greeted by this morbid smell of decaying flesh..he too had a bandage in his shoulder and forehead...Some Random Guy maybe.

And then I began to notice them in Tens..sleeping under the stairways, gardens, etc..and I was prompted to ask around..Lo and Behold! They were Cancer Patients!!!
All I learnt about Skin Cancers in School with Albinos being at A risk hit me...THESE GUYS WERE DYING!!! And nobody cared...they had no beds, no money, no treatment, nothing, not even family.! they were left alone to die from an illness they are predisposed to by virtue of their birth!

Once a while, I see this Albino guy who comes around to help them welfare-wise, he quarrels often with d Hospital authorities trying to ensure they get basic health services...

I know there's a lot of issues regarding Special People in the Country...but please! let's give these guys a chance to either live or die gracefully!
Re: The Albinoes Of National Hospital Abuja by RichDad1(m): 9:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Federal ministry of health should act fast on this.
Re: The Albinoes Of National Hospital Abuja by Gboliwe: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed Sad.

They had this walk some time back, I thought, hoped and prayed it would make the government listen to them.

They need us to love and be there for them, but we have constantly turned our backs on them. Father forgive me. We should show them love, it's not their fault they are the way they are.
Re: The Albinoes Of National Hospital Abuja by MansaMoussa: 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
Your moderators are displaying the same indifference these dying Albinos are witnessing by not moving this to FP, at least, to sensitize people..no wahala sha..

(1) (Reply)

What Laziness Does To Your Body / Men And Sex! / Health Focus: Overfeeding And Use Of Brooms In Nigerian Homes - Nigerian Limelig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.