Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,973 members, 7,799,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre (1848 Views)

Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience / July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2015
Monsignor georges rocheau, Emissary to His holiness Pope john paul VI said 'Two areas have suffered badly, the region btw the towns of benin and asaba where the nigerian soldiers rounded up and executed 500-1000 defensless igbo men and boys and their bodies were disposed with reckless abandon leaving only widows and orphans.

Thirty five years later, Gowon broke his silence on this matter:

'It came to me as a shock when I came to know about the unfortunate happenings, I felt very touched and honestly I referred to the killings and asked for forgiveness being the one who was in charge at that time. Certainly it is not something I would have approved of , I was made ignorant of it'

Major general ibrahim haruna who was the commanding officer and leader said:

' I have no apology for those massacred in asaba, owerri and ameke-item. I acted as a soldier maintaining the peace Nd unity of nigeria! If general yakubu gowon apologized, he did it in his own capacity , as for me, I have no apology.'

These Northerners are heartless, the evils of the war will continue to haunt them
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by KingKonga: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2015
aii
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Icon4s(m): 10:46am On Jul 28, 2015
Law of Kama is catching up with the North. God is using Boko Haram to pay them back. Useless, heartless, brainless species.

Boko Haram will continue to kill them until d number of casualties equal that of millions of Igbos killed during d war. angry
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Mynd44: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2015
Icon4s:
Law of Kama is catching up with the North. God is using Boko Haram to pay them back. Useless, heartless, brainless species.

Boko Haram will continue to kill them until d number of casualties equal that of millions of Igbos killed during d war
. angry
I don't know which God you serve but I am sure it cant be the God I know
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Icon4s(m): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2015
Mynd44:

God of the Hebrews-Hebos-Ibos-Igbos.
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2015
Mynd44:

You are an idiot, how about the blood of the innocent igbos massacred be upon your family and generations.
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Mynd44: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2015
willow0802:

You are an idiot, how about the blood of the innocent igbos massacred be upon your family and generations.
I might be an idiot but I am not the one praying to God that millions of people should be killed by terrorist.

*shrugs*
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by cheruv: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Mynd44:

If God can tell Saul to wage a genocidal war against Amalek for a sin they committed 400 yrs earlier.. Then its possible he can do what the guy you quoted is ascribing to him.
When Abraham was alive, God said he'd not judge the land of Canaan till their sins reach its full measure(this was around 1900BC).that same God told Joshua to utterly destroy EVERYTHING breathing in Canaan(Retjenu as the ancient Egyptians called the land).this directive came 600 years after Abraham had lived on this earth
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
The mission for now is first recapture the biafran nation either by peaceful or violent means.
* tHen build a strong formidable biafran force.
* devote years and resources to build arsenals, war harwares in all tech form, bio-weapons to avenge the death of the biafrans 60s genocide. Every region persons in the zoo that took part on that biafran genocide must pay in ten folds. . . . Thus shall it be.

1 Like

Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Ty danjuma fought as a soldier only for him to own oil wells, the blood of biafrans shed because of the love of money, snd if u remember vividly, this was the same period nigeria discovered oil.

Any Yoruba man/woman that talks about biafra as if its a mere war game shall recieve the wraught of the God....

THE CALABAR MASSACRE

To those ignoramus that say calabar is not part of southeast, it has been for decades the melting pot of easterners efik, igbos and ibibio.

1968: the nigerian forces over ran calabar and like the nazi policy of eradicatinv the jews, they purged the whole of calabar, by the time they were done, 2000 igbos were executed, mostly innocent civilians (chai!!, i weep) .in oji river 14 nurses and patient in the hospital ward were shot dead, cold blooded.

Evil benjamin adekunle, A.K.A the bkack scorpion led this assult.

one of many atrocities.
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by raumdeuter: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
When Ibo soldiers decided to kill other regional leaders sparing theirs they should have thought of the payback

Revenge was served cold
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
When Ibo soldiers decided to kill other regional leaders sparing theirs they should have thought of the payback

Revenge was served cold

Revenge was well served abi, 4 million igbos were massacred, you call that revenge.
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by emryxleena(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
we should let by-gones by-gones.. im ibo and i believe in one nigerian.. I refuse to nurture d seed of hatred or revenge against my fellow nigerians..and to all those igbo's out there agitating for a state of biafra , may God help all of you.. hatred brings forth revenge and revenge brings forth bloodsheds.. We shouldnt let some war-mongers persuade us to pick up arms against our own brethren.. God bless nigeria
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
emryxleena:
we should let by-gones by-gones.. im ibo and i believe in one nigerian.. I refuse to nurture d seed of hatred or revenge against my fellow nigerians..and to all those igbo's out there agitating for a state of biafra , may God help all of you.. hatred brings forth revenge and revenge brings forth bloodsheds.. We shouldnt let some war-mongers persuade us to pick up arms against our own brethren.. God bless nigeria

Yes we should, but the systemic marginalization of igbos must stop before we move forward. Forgiveness will come after that but until then, BIAFRA!!! angry
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by raumdeuter: 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
willow0802:

Revenge was well served abi, 4 million igbos were massacred, you call that revenge.

When you strike first dont tell the other party how to respond

When 11 arabs attacked US, Did they tell the US how to respond or what response was too much?
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
raumdeuter:

When you strike first dont tell the other party how to respond

When 11 arabs attacked US, Did they tell the US how to respond or what response was too much?

Go and read the history of the war and what transpired before u start talking gibberish, to you its just a war story, I pray our generation doesnt witness that kind of war.
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by raumdeuter: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tell us what transpired

I pray my generations dont go killing other peoples leaders
Re: Biafran War: The Asaba Massacre by emryxleena(m): 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
whatever d reason might be.. all i know is ''more bloodshed wont actualize biafra'' biafra is a failed prophecy

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Do My Post-graduate For Quantity Surveying Course In Nigeria? / The Minister Of Finance Is Right. Waec Is Corrupt. / How To Check Your 2016/2017 JAMB Result For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.