Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari (1212 Views)

Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF / NNPC: Buhari Set To Replace Kachikwu, Shortlists Three Northerners - Daily Post / Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by ducii: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
The Federal Government, on Monday, explained that its delay in moving against the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, was because it is trying to establish the magnitude of fraud and inefficiencies the corporation, and the nation’s oil and gas industry was fraught with over the last couple of years.
Speaking in an interview on the Nigerian Television Authority’s, NTA, ‘Good Morning Nigeria,’ programme, President Muhammadu Buhari disclosed that the government is already working with some individuals that are helping it to track the destination of stolen crude oil and the accounts the proceeds are paid into.

He said, “Frankly, I read the stories too that I intend to break up the NNPC. I think the best way to go about it is to establish the fact of the magnitude of the inefficient ways the NNPC conducted itself.

When we do that we will be on a higher moral ground to carry out whatever recommendations that have been made to us.”

He maintained that the NNPC has lost track of the number of accounts belonging to it, adding that the government is discreetly working with some Nigerians to ensure that perpetrators of fraud in the oil and gas sector are brought to book.

“We have to maintain high confidentiality so that we do not put at risk, some of the Nigerians that are helping us to trace some of the destination of this stolen crude and then the account where they are being paid into instead of the federal government account.

“I do not think the NNPC knows how many accounts are outside there, which payments are being made for Nigerian crude which is really an outright theft. The money we want to intercept which have been going on for a number of years, a lot of Nigerians will not comprehend,” he explained.
Buhari lamented the fact that the crude oil swap programme has over the years been used to defraud the country, stating also that a number of operators in the oil and gas industry have displayed lack of conscience and love for the country.

He said, “These individuals have refineries all over the world. The swapping, is tied into a major killing ground for corrupt officials with an average evil to loot the country’s crude, work out how much they can bring back to us and we pay for the transportation and for the refining.
The swapping programme is such a dishonest way in which Nigeria is consistently losing on daily basis, millions of dollars. I think the people who have been operating in the industry, a lot of them have displayed lack of conscience and patriotism, and only God knows the amount of damage their actions have inflicted on Nigeria.”

Expressing optimism that the United States and other European countries are willing to cooperate with Nigeria in repatriating funds that are proceeds of corruption and stolen crude, the President however, stated that the Federal Government is working to ensure that it complies with the laws of these countries and provide them with the needed documents that will help expedite the repatriation.
He said, “These countries are willing. I have also said that we have to comply with their system; that we have to get the document, especially the shipping documents, how we load from our terminals, their destinations. It is important to note that some of them change the crude and the destinations in the high seas and then change the account it needs to be paid into. Instead of the Federal Government account, they are paid into individual accounts.

“The cooperation we need is that once we get hold of the shipping documents and we are lucky to trace them out to the countries where they sold the crude and which account it goes into and we submit the evidence in terms of loading, in terms of payments being in accounts other than the Federal Government account.

“Once we do that, we are very willing to make sure that those accounts are frozen and the money repatriated to Nigeria. It is not an easy process, but I assure you that we are working very hard. We cannot say that we wait until everything is intact before we let you know. Whichever we are able to get in the following months or a couple of months, we will bring it out for Nigerians to know, with facts in our hands and prosecution started for those who perpetrated the unpatriotic action against Nigeria for so many years.”

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/425742-reasons-why-were-yet-to-move-against-nnpc-buhari.html
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by agabaI23(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
Move already. Stop all these talk to action.

What is holding you #babaonechance
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Mogidi: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
This old man is all about talk and no action.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by demmy0325(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
.. May God help baba..
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Tallesty1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
agabaI23:

Did you read the post at all?
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by holicalpha(m): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
When we have a snail for President, how will you be able to move.

BABA SLOWMOTION
BABA GO SLOW

Proudly a Wailer
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by agabaI23(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:
Did you read the post at all?
Oga, you guys have been giving excuses since March 28.

Keep quiet if you are not ready to act. When you are ready you act. Too much excuses from tall people

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Tallesty1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Oga, you guys have been giving excuses since March 28.

Keep quiet if you are not ready to act. When you are ready you act. Too much excuses from tall people
I don't belong to any Political Party sir
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by temitemi1(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
#BabaOneChance, pls stop talking!!
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by rottennaija(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
agabaI23:

OH please keep quiet. If he doesn't say what he is doing, you will start calling him all sort of names. He is saying now and you still complain. What do you want him to do for you so you will be happy?
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by rottennaija(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Senseless Nigerian

You will rather prefer they keep looting your common resources while giving less than peanut and you keep calling them sir.
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by agabaI23(m): 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
rottennaija:

Senseless Nigerian

You will rather prefer they keep looting your common resources while giving less than peanut and you keep calling them sir.
He is fking doing nothing but talking Mr Rotten.

Tell me what he is doing? Who is doing them for him without a cabinet? AFC crew? Has he contracted the nation away like he did during his time as the PTF chairman? Tell me something Mr sensible Nigerian
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Clentuzbaba(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
only a fool will think these processes don't require diligence and patience

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by rottennaija(m): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
agabaI23:
He is fking doing nothing but talking Mr Rotten.

Tell me what he is doing? Who is doing them for him without a cabinet? AFC crew? Has he contracted the nation away like he did during his time as the PTF chairman? Tell me something Mr sensible Nigerian

As usual, I'll simply ignore talks like this since most here don't have thinking ability
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by agabaI23(m): 9:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
rottennaija:

As usual, I'll simply ignore talks like this since most here don't have thinking ability
Just tell me you have no answers to the questions I raised Mr Einstein. If you give me the answers I will try to understand your majesty, the thinking machine.
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by JingoOAU(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Let's assume GEJ is not corrupt whatsoever....can anybody tells me that he never knew that there was a massive corruption going on in NNPC and some other agencies

Why didn't he investigate and ensure justice prevail??
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Giddyprance(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
The truth is that all I expect from this govt is a war against 'kwarapshan'.......economic reform etal?....very little expectations
So, I am obliged to wish PMB well in this pursuit
Bring oil thieves to book
Ensure financial accountability and transparency in govt
BUT still be ready to prepare your handover notes to a PDP led administration come 2019
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Giddyprance(m): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2015
JingoOAU:
Let's assume GEJ is not corrupt whatsoever....can anybody tells me that he never knew that there was a massive corruption going on in NNPC and some other agencies

Why didn't he investigate and ensure justice prevail??
Am I the only one who thinks this guy is drunk with otapiapia?
Were you in 'a deep sleep' like Adam when GEJ sought US' intervention in curbing the menace and bringing its perpetrators to book?
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by ziccoit: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Giddyprance:

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is drunk with otapiapia?
Were you in 'a deep sleep' like Adam when GEJ sought US' intervention in curbing the menace and bringing its perpetrators to book?

Sought assistance for 6 solid years? Where are your references to that effort of GEJ you claimed here? Simple truth is that GEJ government was corruption laden and would have sunk Nigeria into bottomless pit had he not booted out of power.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Giddyprance(m): 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
ziccoit:

Sought assistance for 6 solid years? Where are your references to that effort of GEJ you claimed here? Simple truth is that GEJ government was corruption laden and would have sunk Nigeria into bottomless pit had he not booted out of power.
Oga shut your mouth if u don't have basic knowledge of current political happenings.....
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/jonathan-
seeks-us-support-to-tackle-boko-haram-oil-theft/
So u think oil theft is something that can be fought in two days?......Buhari just set out to do it....I hope you count the days as the unfold into months and years before your president brings anyone to book!!
Re: Reasons Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari by Adminisher: 7:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Mogidi:
This old man is all about talk and no action.

I am very very impressed with him and his clarity of mind.

(1) (Reply)

Modernity Clashes With Tradition: Ife Chiefs Insist Ooni Is ‘alive’ / Buhari's Fight Against Corruption Has Become A Circus! / How Saudi Arabia Exports Radical Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.