Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag (38463 Views)

Shitu Abdullahi Scored 306 In JAMB And Also Excelled In WAEC. But Has No Sponsor / I'm Filing A Lawsuit Against JAMB / Jamb Introduces New Rules For All Jambites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Kennedyiheme: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
nazzyon:
It is quite unfortunate that those who fought for the reversal of the decision by JAMB and UNILAG didn't really realise that such decision is a blessing in disguise. I am sure JAMB wouldn't have agreed to such if they weren't aware of the large number of students applying for the UNILAG post UTME, year after year without any success.

It has become a norm that only few students among over 10000 who often enroll for the admission process do scale through. Instead of fighting the decision of reduction in the cutoff marks parents ought to realise it is high time to either look elsewhere that would admit their ward or simply encourage them to perform even better so as to attain the surpass the desired requirements.

Mind you an institute raising the requirement for new entrants isn't wrong. It only means they expect you to perform better.

Note: You can't have it all.

This outcome is still a Win Win for UNILAG. It only means they will make more money from applicants; yet accept the same number of students they have always been admitting into the institute.

GOOD LUCK all the applicants
but wht I don't understand is if an insurance student like me will like to study physics in a college of education, hmm its a very good policy....are you a comedian? Seems like people on this forum are gifted, I met a brilliant guy on this forum 43minutes ago
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by simplex2: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
I wonder why a student would aspire to study in Nigerian 'ivy-league' universities without scoring at least 230 in UME!?! You want UniLag, UniBen, ui, unizik, unn, oau and other highly sought after schools and instead of studying hard to get up to 230 over 400, you are dragging jamb and schools to court.

Be ready to sue them when they don't give you admission b'cos I'm sure that after dashing the school N1,500 for post-ume, your scripts won't even be marked much more being graded.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by oparaben(m): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
Finally!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by DrSage(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
Good day everyone, and big congrats to all aspiring undergraduates that were affected in the new jamb eligibility regulation.

I can assure you all that the matter has been resolved as we have finally gotten an order from the Federal High court, compelling Unilag and Jamb to include any students that scored 200marks &above. Other universities have also effected the change.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has repealed its earlier decision to redistribute candidates that sat for this year’s exams to institutions they (candidates) did not initially choose while filling their forms. JAMB has come under criticisms lately since it announced the plan. Some days ago, some candidates who chose the University of Lagos, UNILAG, and their parents staged a peaceful protest in Lagos both at Unilag and the Federal High Court.

Professor Dibu Ojerinde, JAMB Registrar, had explained that the redistribution was to help cushion the effect of spill overs from top class institutions, which insist on not reducing their cut off marks, including UNILAG. JAMB had announced cut off marks of 180 for universities in the country, while 150 for polytechnics and colleges of education. But the body has now rescinded its decision and has asked candidates to proceed to their first choice of institution for their post-UME exams following the court's verdict.

Though I wasn't in Lagos to attend the hearing but my reliable source says the judge delivered his judgement at exactly 12.20pm today & asked both Jamb & Unilag to revert its sudden policy wit immediate effect. A copy of d judgement has also been released.

More news on this will be updated. Big shoutout to everyone that lent a voice and those that participated in the protes. Special thanks goes to lalasticlala, Venus007, RobinHez, Pukka36, ifeooye, Teempakguy, Brytawon, DrSage, FORUMgod, Seuncoded and so many more.

Previous posts:
> https://www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility
> https://www.nairaland.com/2468252/investigations-alleged-new-jamb-eligibility
> https://www.nairaland.com/2469281/unilag-protests-jamb-cut-off-mark
> https://www.nairaland.com/2472306/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-protestingopen_window_by_link:
> https://www.nairaland.com/2472306z/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-protesting
> https://www.nairaland.com/2454829/twitter-reacts-new-jamb-cutoff
> https://www.nairaland.com/2469682/nans-rejects-jamb-eligibility-regulation
> http://www.aproko247.com/2015/07/28/jamb-bows-to-pressure-on-candidates-redistribution/
Victory @lazt

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by simplex2: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
but wht I don't understand is if an insurance student like me will like to study physics in a college of education, hmm its a very good policy....are you a comedian? Seems like people on this forum are gifted, I met a brilliant guy on this forum 43minutes ago

Stay here and be insulting people wiser than you by far: for JAMB to even stoop lower than Polytechnic to place you in the rank of college of education tells a lot about your brilliance! You must have broken the record of UME all time low!

Get off the internet and go study! Maybe after writing next year's UME, you may have a meaningful score to qualify you for Polytechnic's aptitude test!

Doffus!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Abbey24(m): 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks God oooooh unilag tinx

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Kennedyiheme: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
simplex2:

Stay here and be insulting people wiser than you by far: for JAMB to even stoop lower than Polytechnic to place you in the rank of college of education tells a lot about your brilliance! You must have broken the record of UME all time low!

Get off the internet and go study! Maybe after writing next year's UME, you may have a meaningful score to qualify you for Polytechnic's aptitude test!

Doffus!
calm it mate, I'm jst wondering hw its a good policy, seeing that you knw the diffrence between science courses and buisness courses....I did well in jamb, dnt be so hard on yrself mate, u might loose it smeday u know
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by soundtruth(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is an exercise in Academic futility.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Obiwannn: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
banme:
students:yay we hav won, finally!!

Jamb:we ar trying to help u, y can't u c??

students:we don't need ur help, carry ur help dey go.

Jamb:k, wait nd c.

...... 2 days after admission is out.. 9000 got admission =while 30,000 no get......

Students:chai y me??

Jamb:shebi i tell u..

..... couple of months later,the students register for another jamb....

abeg who make loss?

shey u go pay the school fees of those that were posted to Afe Babalola and Bowen?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by mikolo80: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
shogz89:
This ain't a good news,, this is bad news in disguise.. The student should have accepted their faith and move on... I am definitely sure they would be the first set to be thrown out after writing post jamb... Unilag was trying to be fair so they won't waste money and time,, the crowd is too much and they won't still accept more than what they want regardless of how many people that will sit for the exam
you de mind ignorant entitled nigerians.no be dia fault,if to say dem write d jamb like 7 times dem go understand
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by simplex2: 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
calm it mate, I'm jst wondering hw its a good policy, seeing that you knw the diffrence between science courses and buisness courses....I did well in jamb, dnt be so hard on yrself mate, u might loose it smeday u know

Lol@bolded, your own case is beyond apathy: you really did well to deserve a place in college of education. Have you thought of enrolling into vocational schools? You could learn carpentry, brick-laying, plumbing or electrical repairs.

Think about it.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Optionalx: 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
bottom-line jamb have outlived its usefulness just like nysc.

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF POST JAMB IF JAMB IS STILL USEFULL undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Kaybeeeee(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
Venus007:
Yay! This is wonderful! Extra-Special Thanks to God!
how is dis gud news
I pity u people,instead of u to be looking at d future,jamb is helping u BT u all don't see,tomorrow now,if u ar not admitted u will start abusing unilag,jamb ar saving u from wasting money BT u dnt see,d decision will favour unilag and dat dos not change d number of people they will admit,imagine they admit 9000 out of 30000,d rest will nw wait till d following year,where they ar school finding candidates, I don't know y Nigeria like branded names,u all wants to go to unilag,ui,Unilorin,unn,oau et.c and u can't read to score high mark,imagine a person dat score 200 fighting for admission In medicine Unilag.
And u guys ar happy abt it,To me dis is b best decision jamb ever made since.
Anyway I hop Its not all school,it sud better be only Unilag.
And dose dat said they got posted to college of edu,I will just ask u one question;
What's ur jamb score,course and school of; Choice? (let's justify)
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Kennedyiheme: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
simplex2:

Lol@bolded, your own case is beyond apathy: you really did well to deserve a place in college of education. Have you thought of enrolling into vocational schools? You could learn carpentry, brick-laying, plumbing or electrical repairs.

Think about it.
most people , were posted to college of education, are they also dumb like me? I need you to teach me hw to study for post ume since u are too smart mate

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2015
banme:
students:yay we hav won, finally!!

Jamb:we ar trying to help u, y can't u c??

students:we don't need ur help, carry ur help dey go.

Jamb:k, wait nd c.

...... 2 days after admission is out.. 9000 got admission =while 30,000 no get......

Students:chai y me??

Jamb:shebi i tell u..

..... couple of months later,the students register for another jamb....

abeg who make loss?
Are u in Maiduguri right now?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by RobinHez(m): 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
leo2sexy:

Hey robin hez always known u to be a cool guy, truth be told, u went too far, d guy was not even being serious
with u,
here's my original statement
Aint needed to cheat student? Yes!
But that Policy could be a Blessing in disguise if its carried out rightly...
and here are the 2 replies i got
that policy? no! any other policy?
oh yes a good blessing in disguise when someone dt wants to study economics is tranferred to adeniran ogunsanya college of education to study physics, wow you are so brilliant
u see the difference? and the bolded got my attention.
but u took it to another level,
How? by telling him not to insult me or by asking him to explain his statement to which he replied
just check ur dictionary, and whatever you see is the opposite of the meaning mate
maybe cause u were eligible, well I am too, but everybody deserves a chance, probably u don't know how it feels to score 200 and be posted to a college of education...
I guess u don't.
bro...dont say that to me cuz i have friends dat were affected by this ish...i wasnt in anyway taking pride in my eligibility infact i was the one that opened the investigation thread on this issue trying to lend an helping hand...i never made it look like i was happy with the policy na

And pls leave venus007 out of this
I have no problem with her...

I think u should apologise to d parties involved.
Sincerely, u really were so hard.
that is not difficult to do, but i dont think its necessary, cuz i dey my own jeje b4 both of dem use their play con throway my garri grin

Thanks
u're welcome

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Damfostopper(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
My junior had 224 was going for medicine in uniuyo...now dey pasted 227 for medicine as requirement instead of d normal 180 dey normally take....does he has any chance ?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kaybeeeee:
how is dis gud news
I pity u people,instead of u to be looking at d future,jamb is helping u BT u all don't see,tomorrow now,if u ar not admitted u will start abusing unilag,jamb ar saving u from wasting money BT u dnt see,d decision will favour unilag and dat dos not change d number of people they will admit,imagine they admit 9000 out of 30000,d rest will nw wait till d following year,where they ar school finding candidates, I don't know y Nigeria like branded names,u all wants to go to unilag,ui,Unilorin,unn,oau et.c and u can't read to score high mark,imagine a person dat score 200 fighting for admission In medicine Unilag.
And dose dat said they got posted to college of edu,I will just ask u one question;
JAMB that had collected their money two times? First for normal registration..followed by change of institution/course. How are they now sounding frugality tune? Is it JAMB that will defray costs of attending private universities? Are their wards in Unimaid? U can't remove pple from a list they are qualified to be on...JAMB should rather fight other nonsense measures that whittle down list...things are ELAS, catchment Areas, VC list and other hidden chances for university workers and friends.

How can sb with 265 not make the list while a catchment folk with 210 makes it? Let all who are qualified for the second half compete and universities must publish their cut-offs and how they are arrived at and their carrying capacities. Criminals are everywhere in Nigerian systems!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by freeage7(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
Good day everyone, and big congrats to all aspiring undergraduates that were affected in the new jamb eligibility regulation.

I can assure you all that the matter has been resolved as we have finally gotten an order from the Federal High court, compelling Unilag and Jamb to include any students that scored 200marks &above. Other universities have also effected the change.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has repealed its earlier decision to redistribute candidates that sat for this year’s exams to institutions they (candidates) did not initially choose while filling their forms. JAMB has come under criticisms lately since it announced the plan. Some days ago, some candidates who chose the University of Lagos, UNILAG, and their parents staged a peaceful protest in Lagos both at Unilag and the Federal High Court.

Professor Dibu Ojerinde, JAMB Registrar, had explained that the redistribution was to help cushion the effect of spill overs from top class institutions, which insist on not reducing their cut off marks, including UNILAG. JAMB had announced cut off marks of 180 for universities in the country, while 150 for polytechnics and colleges of education. But the body has now rescinded its decision and has asked candidates to proceed to their first choice of institution for their post-UME exams following the court's verdict.

Though I wasn't in Lagos to attend the hearing but my reliable source says the judge delivered his judgement at exactly 12.20pm today & asked both Jamb & Unilag to revert its sudden policy wit immediate effect. A copy of d judgement has also been released.

More news on this will be updated. Big shoutout to everyone that lent a voice and those that participated in the protes. Special thanks goes to lalasticlala, Venus007, RobinHez, Pukka36, ifeooye, Teempakguy, Brytawon, DrSage, FORUMgod, Seuncoded and so many more.

Previous posts:
> https://www.nairaland.com/2467498/shocking-illegal-new-jamb-eligibility
> https://www.nairaland.com/2468252/investigations-alleged-new-jamb-eligibility
> https://www.nairaland.com/2469281/unilag-protests-jamb-cut-off-mark
> https://www.nairaland.com/2472306/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-protestingopen_window_by_link:
> https://www.nairaland.com/2472306z/jamb-explains-admission-procedure-protesting
> https://www.nairaland.com/2454829/twitter-reacts-new-jamb-cutoff
> https://www.nairaland.com/2469682/nans-rejects-jamb-eligibility-regulation
> http://www.aproko247.com/2015/07/28/jamb-bows-to-pressure-on-candidates-redistribution/
Nonsense!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Kaybeeeee(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2015
ferdimako:

JAMB that had collected their money two times? How are they now sounding frugality tune? U can't remove pple from a list they are qualified be on...JAMB should rather fight other nonsense measures to whittle down list...things are ELAS, catchment Areas, VC list and other hidden chances for university workers and friends.

How can sb with 265 not make the list while a catchment folk with 210 makes it? Let all who are qualified for the second half compete and universities must publish their cut-offs and how they are arrived at and their carrying capacities. Criminals are everywhere in Nigerian systems!

okay,let's say they ar on d list,they did d post utme and unilag did not admit most of dem,will they sue them or kill their sef,with dis kind Decision 80% of aspirant will be admitted.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by fixed258: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hello this joe fixed if you are looking for the best source to buy fixed games that is 100 percent sure with cheap prize contact me 08107693716 and remember that fixed games don't last forever so let's make good use of this opportunity
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Venus007(f): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lol. I didnt apply to UNILAG dear. Im eligible 4 UNIBEN's PUME. Jst celebrating on their behalf.
Kaybeeeee:
how is dis gud news
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Venus007(f): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lol. Shey? Even I too. I was shocked.
Brytawon:

I'm shocked to my marrows. I never knew someone was seeing my work.
I don't even know what to say.... THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by leo2sexy: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
RobinHez:

How? by telling him not to insult me or by asking him to explain his statement to which he replied

bro...dont say that to me cuz i have friends dat were affected by this ish...i wasnt in anyway taking pride in my eligibility infact i was the one that opened the investigation thread on this issue trying to lend an helping hand...i never made it look like i was happy with the policy na

that is not difficult to do, but i dont think its necessary, cuz i dey my own jeje b4 both of dem use their play con throway my garri grin

u're welcome

Ok na, case closed!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Venus007(f): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lol. Yeye guy. Issorait. I pray we both gain admissn into UNIBEN, I'll look 4 ur trouble ehn.
RobinHez:

u're welcome
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by shogz89: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Vlipxola:

Sule.... shocked shocked shocked
supo
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Venus007(f): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
GBAM! *puts stamp*
leo2sexy:

Ok na, case closed!!!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by shogz89: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
iameugene:
what about me that was posted to university of offo kwara, and they said they have done their post utme and list is even out. Do i have a choice undecided
bro I feel your pain, but while paying and writing tu exam just know it's 50:50 chance of picking those that were once dropped
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by Kaybeeeee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=Venus007 post=36372476]Lol. I didnt apply to UNILAG dear. Im eligible 4 UNIBEN's PUME. Jst celebrating on their behalf. [/quote
do u support dat they shud rescind their desicion
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by simplex2: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
most people , were posted to college of education, are they also dumb like me? I need you to teach me hw to study for post ume since u are too smart mate

Nah, you don't need to study: college of edu will admit you despite the glaring deficiencies. Its a place they train classroom teachers, and since Insurance isn't thought at secondary schools, they moved you to physics already. Just inform them you don't know jack in physics and they will move you to Social Studies Edu which suits you better.

Thank me later.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag by shogz89: 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Imanuelle:

What fate?

Dibu acted like an uneducated person.

He could have given them suggestions, and made it know that they still have the right to make the decision, as it concerns their lives.

He took away their rights to making a decision for themselves.

He is neither their parents nor guardians... He cannot decide for anyone. He could only have suggested.

He shot himself in the foot.

II get your point my younger sister was affected as well and I had to tell her the bitter truth,, but I think unilag should have given the student the opportunity to choose out of the available university instead of taking the decision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.