Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Is My Vagina Normal? 10 Embarrassing Health Symptoms No Woman Should Ignore - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is My Vagina Normal? 10 Embarrassing Health Symptoms No Woman Should Ignore (959 Views)

10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment / Is The Size Of Your Vagina Normal? / 11 Subtle Health Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is My Vagina Normal? 10 Embarrassing Health Symptoms No Woman Should Ignore by Judith100: 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
From pain during sex to abnormal bleeding, there are a host of signs that things aren't quite right 'down there'.
At the same time, many of us worry about whether we're 'normal' - in terms of appearance and how our vagina behaves.
a doctor reveals her ultimate guide to what’s normal, what can go wrong and what can be done about it...

PAINFUL SEX

The vagina can become painful during sex - a condition known as superficial dyspareunia, which usually occurs when the vagina is too dry or inflamed because of an infection. pre-intimacy and lubrication helps.
As opposed to superficial dyspareunia - which is felt in the entrance or wall of the vagina - deep dyspareunia is pain in the lower abdomen or pelvis during sex.
This can happen due to several conditions including endometriosis (a common condition in which small pieces of the womb lining are found outside the womb) and fibroids (non-cancerous tumours that grow in or around the womb).

Pain during sex can be caused by inflammation, infection or because of a condition that causes muscles around the vagina to spasm
If you are concerned you have an infection or suffer from deep dyspareunia, see your healthcare professional.
Swabs and possibly a pelvic ultrasound can then be organised.
Sex can also be painful because of a condition called vaginismus.
This is due to the muscles around the vagina going into spasm on attempted penetration.

If severe, it can even happen on inserting a tampon. It is good to discuss it with your doctor so that causes of this can be explored.
Treatment to gradually desensitise the vagina, such as dilators, is readily available.
Also known as vaginal trainers, dilators are rod shaped instruments which come in graduated sizes.
Used as part of a holistic treatment for vaginismus, they can help improve control of the pelvic floor reflexes and muscle tightening that contributes to vaginismus. Read more at http://judithfrank..com/2015/07/does-my-vagina-look-normal-10.html
Re: Is My Vagina Normal? 10 Embarrassing Health Symptoms No Woman Should Ignore by EveSecret: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2015
great article. For more ways on how to treat vagina smell, loose vagina and urinary incontinence naturally in women go to eveintimatesecrets..com
http://eveintimatesecrets..com/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

10 Different Ways To Use Toothpaste You Never Knew About / . / Cure Your Badbreath And Body Odor Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.