Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:29 AM

Things God Can't Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things God Can't Do (1020 Views)

3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' / Only Thing God Can't Do. / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things God Can't Do by AMossley(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wondering?Yes these are things God can never do 1.God can't lie-Titus 1:2,Num 23:19 2.God can't change 3.God can't answer prayers prayed in sin-Psa 66:19 4.God can't force anything on you,he allows choices 5.God can't turn you down if you come to Him 6.God can't cancel the law of sowing and reaping 7.God can't cancel sin penalty except through repentance
Re: Things God Can't Do by onetrack(m): 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
Can he commit suicide? Can he make mistakes? If he cannot then he is not all-powerful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things God Can't Do by urheme: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
onetrack:
Can he commit suicide? Can he make mistakes? If he cannot then he is not all-powerful.

Haba onetrack wink.
Sucide grin

He did made mistake when he allowed bad guys ripped innocent people off with his name
Re: Things God Can't Do by Ultimate001: 11:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
onetrack:
u forgot the literal meaning of power. The 2 activites u listed require no power; they're nt things u essentially need (much) power to attain; even the feeble do them. THESE ACTIVITIES ARE MEANT FOR THE POWERLESS; NOT MY ALL-POWERFUL GOD...

1 Like

Re: Things God Can't Do by AMossley(m): 6:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Ultimate001:

u forgot the literal meaning of power. The 2 activites u listed require no power; they're nt things u essentially need (much) power to attain; even the feeble do them. THESE ACTIVITIES ARE MEANT FOR THE POWERLESS; NOT MY ALL-POWERFUL GOD...
He's not a man nor any other mortal being,so then you're on point.God can't commit suicide
Re: Things God Can't Do by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2015
1.) Proverbs 12:22 says: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord.

But in 1 Samuel 16:1-4; God commanded Samuel:

Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem.

Obviously God commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.
#DiplomaticLiar grin

2.) Malachi 3:6 says - For I am the LORD, I change not.

But Numbers 22:20 - 23 reads;

And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went.

Isn't it very strange that God first commended Balaam to go with the Moabites, then His anger was kindled against him simply beciuase he went with them? #Confusionist grin

3.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God;

But in Judges 1:19 we read this statement:

And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty. #TeamChariotsOfIron grin

Advice: You better buy yourself a good Chariot of Iron if you must deflect Yahweh's intrusive power just like I have been doing grin

CC: Christians a.k.a The Usual Hypocrites; Oya, come and defend your Sky Daddy grin
Re: Things God Can't Do by AMossley(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Zoharariel:
1.) Proverbs 12:22 says: Lying lips are abomination to the Lord.

But in 1 Samuel 16:1-4; God commanded Samuel:

Fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem.

Obviously God commanded Samuel to lie, as he was sent to find a king and not to sacrifice to the Lord.
#DiplomaticLiar grin

2.) Malachi 3:6 says - For I am the LORD, I change not.

But Numbers 22:20 - 23 reads;

And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do. And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. And God's anger was kindled because he went.

Isn't it very strange that God first commended Balaam to go with the Moabites, then His anger was kindled against him simply beciuase he went with them? #Confusionist grin

3.) Genesis 17:1 says: I am the Almighty God;

But in Judges 1:19 we read this statement:

And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

God, who is not powerful enough to drive out people simply because they had chariots of iron, cannot claim to be Almighty. #TeamChariotsOfIron grin

Advice: You better buy yourself a good Chariot of Iron if you must deflect Yahweh's intrusive power just like I have been doing grin

CC: Christians a.k.a The Usual Hypocrites; Oya, come and defend your Sky Daddy grin
your point 1 Read John 8:44,the devil is the liar and father of all liars
your point 2 God was angry because He knew that Balaam was going with a wrong notion of cursing the Israelites contrary to God's purpose for sending him
your point 3,try to always read the bible without understanding and not with prejudice,he in what you quoted refers to Judah not God.God might have departed from Judah,if not,won't God have destroyed chariots of iron?Who created iron?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Self Acclaimed Living God In Kenya Killed By Mosquitoes / PHOTOS: Pastor Who Allegedly Went To Heaven And Returned Buys A Brand New BMW I8 / Did Anybody Watch The Failed Miracle On Emmanuel Tv Yesterday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.