Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! (39456 Views)

Will Universities Obey The New Jamb Policies This Year Or Next Year ? / Highlights Of JAMB 2017 Policy Meeting On Admission Cutoff Points / Ekiti Students Protest Fee Hike, Fayose’s Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by sebali: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2015
Adesiji77:

I don't get it...I thought the policy was to ensure placements for more candidates?

Cc: lalasticlala

By forcing candidates against their will.
Pple shud be free 2 shud d school of their choice and enjoy or suffer d consequence.

I support FG on dis one

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2015
Are we saying that JAMB didn't seek the approval from the government, before embarking on this crazy journey?
Naija, I hail thee....
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by babyfaceafrica: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2015
Nothing hs changed..the students re still at the receiving end..I trust unilag and others,all they have to do is to increase their cutoff after post UME ,then all dose making noise will have nothing to say..well we need for schools in this country period!!!
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by NoRetreat(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2015
Hmmmm. Crisis riden country! Confusion during admission, confusion while in school, confusion while searching for job, confusion while working, confusion as to the mode of payment of salary,confusion as to when,who is to be promoted, confusion as to the retirement. Confusion galore...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2015
I love this. some times people think they are free to do what they like. don't be surprised Dibu might lose his job too.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:

Placement of candidate to different universities which were not their first choice, imagine someone getting above 200 and being posted to a college of education to read agric, that's simply inhumane.
And what's wrong with College of Education.... is Agriculture not a good course?
What are u saying?

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by knowledge4(m): 7:55am On Jul 29, 2015
Nothing has changed
The University still has the final say on who it admits.
Even if Jamb sends all those who scored 180 to Unilag to do the Post UTME Exam, does it make a difference where they do the Post UTME exam but Unilag cut off for a course is 220?
Who is fooling himself here?
Is it not the candidate and his parent?
Why cannot a parent take his child to a Private University if the Federal Universities cannot accommodate everyone?
Did the child not attend private nursery,primary and secondary schools?
Why run away from a private university?
These Nigerians sef, making noise over nothing
At the end of the day, the same parent will blame the FGN for falling standards of education
What is wrong with Private University, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education?

2 Likes

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by bettercreature(m): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2015
Pukka36:
I dnt know who is more confused,Jamb or Nigeria herself?undecided
The policy is spot on but i dont know what is wrong with Nigerians
Imagine 90.000 applying for 1 university while some has less than 5000

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by rman: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2015
Not good IMO!

At the end a lot of candidates with very high scores will still not get into university because of choice of university and course.

What I expect FG and JAMB to do is to lift the restriction on just two university (1st and 2nd choice) on the application forms. Let all candidates apply to as many university as they desire with their results and let them have the choice to pick based on those that offered them admission.

That means a brilliant student can receive offer from 10 schools if possible and will be spoiled for choice.

1st and 2nd choice limitations didn't really give candidates the flexibility required. Also, catchment area should be discarded. At that level, only the best should get into the schools, irrespective of the region or state where they come from. Tertiary education shouldn't be designed to accommodate all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by seangy4konji: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2015
what is jAMB
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Sanfranka(m): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

Chairman,I hail o...college of education ?!
Big lie !!....The only thing wrong with that decision was posting them to a private university
...... Thats d worst part oga..!! The fool went and posted me to Madonna uni ooo.. Imagine me.... Bt thank God all has settled
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by divinessa: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2015
AINATOLULOPE:
Good
what a reliefs !!!!
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by beyoncausme: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2015
thank God o...
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Pavarottii(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

Big lie !!....The only thing wrong with that decision was posting them to a private university
Don't come here and misinform people, if u havnt studied the policy, don't come here and say what u don't know, what the othe guy said is the truth. Get detailed infos b4 coming up here in public to discredit someone else whereby u the one that is misinformed.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by frankobobby(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2015
all this lie nw grade 1
once you've been posted , writing post utme in your previous school is just waste of money buying d form. you can Neva be admitted
don't u get d logic
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by tucky200(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Pavarottii:

Don't come here and misinform people, if u havnt studied the policy, don't come here and say what u don't know, what the othe guy said is the truth. Get detailed infos b4 coming up here in public to discredit someone else whereby u the one that is misinformed.
Dibu said it live on tvc !!!
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2015
Jamb just complicated things, the schools will still rape some of this people protesting ! Lets see if they will protest if they are not given admission !
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Bluffly: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2015
leo2sexy:
The Federal Government has reversed the decision by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board to allow candidates that applied to universities with surplus applicants for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations to be reassigned to other universities with lower number of applicants than their capacities. ‎

The policy had been trailed by protests in parts of the country.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Mr.MacJohn ‎Nwaobiala‎, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Tuesday after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of his ministry's activities and challenges at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

JAMB had at its 2015 Combined Policy Meeting adopted the policy.
Protests started at the University of Lagos when the institution's authorities announced that only candidates whose names were officially forwarded by JAMB would be eligible to participate in this year’s UNILAG Post-UTME.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-reverses-jambs-policy-on-admission/215900/

One way of improving our tertiary education is to allow the Universities dictate their pace, Jamb should not be the one to do that. Admission requirements should be determined by the Universities and advertised on their respective course sections on their sites or whatever means at their disposal, Hence candidates will only write Jamb to meet up the requirements. This would bring about a competition of quality. This is what is obtainable in countries where education works.

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by uridadole: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2015
olatunji21:
That's the Change we voted for
Out of point. O.P.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by tucky200(m): 8:13am On Jul 29, 2015
Sanfranka:
...... Thats d worst part oga..!! The fool went and posted me to Madonna uni ooo.. Imagine me.... Bt thank God all has settled
Lol..those private uni go done bribe d mumu
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by bratan(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2015
The policy has good motives but the timing is wrong. I suggest JAMB should adopt the SAT procedure. Whereby admission/scholarship Is offered by different institution depending on your score and students are left with choices rather than imposing one choice.

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Hallams(m): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

chairman i hail o one of my cousins was posted to college of education to study english language and he scored 214 in jamb

2 Likes

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Walelavender(m): 8:17am On Jul 29, 2015
And we are hailing the FG? The position of JAMB was misconstrued. Imagine people scoring over 200 not getting admission in an already saturated University of choice, of which has been the trend yearly. JAMB posting policy will be limited to the Geo-political zones /Catchment areas only. For example you chose a saturated UNILAG and you were offered FU Ekiti or chose UNIPORT and you were offered FU Otuoke. Is it not the same degree to be offered? Smh. Look @ the ones JAMB is willing to save from buying another UTME form. We dont have enough varsities.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by sebali: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2015
Bluffly:

One way of improving our tertiary education is to allow the Universities dictate their pace, Jamb should not be the one to do that. Admission requirements should be determined by the Universities and advertised on their respective course sections on their sites or whatever means at their disposal, Hence candidates will only write Jamb to meet up the requirements. This would bring about a competition of quality. This is what is obtainable in countries where education works.

IMO JAMB shud be cancelled and let every sch dictate its admission process.

1 Like

Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by lanrex1986(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2015
I tire for dem ooo... Meanwhile it ought to b a new development bt done at d wrong tym.... For unilag admsn contact me..... 07037985484
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by otokx(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2015
DIBU should do the needful by resending a fresh list of those who scored 180 and above to the various institutions to enable them conduct post utme.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by Adesiji77: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2015
sebali:

By forcing candidates against their will.
Pple shud be free 2 shud d school of their choice and enjoy or suffer d consequence.

I support FG on dis one

Now I get it, thanks.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by kennyman2000(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2015
How i wish, we could protest for introduction of ''CAPITAL PUNISHMENT'' for our corrupt politicians and federal govt will implement it like this.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by JBismarck(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2015
Good morning everyone, please be informed that Olumo High School's Old Students Association's general meeting is August 16 by 2pm inside the school's premises, Olumo High School, Sabo, Abeokuta, Ogun State. For more info, don't hesitate to contact the Chairman, Olumite Lawal Sherif Olaseni on 08034733720; General Secretary, Olumite Alonge Abiola Lateefat on 08033049707; Treasurer, Olumite Odetola Ayodeji Kazeem on 08054405963 and PRO, Olumite Olatoye Jibola Ganiu on 08186740374. Thanks.
Re: FG Reverses JAMB's Policies On Admission!!! by leo2sexy: 8:27am On Jul 29, 2015
tucky200:

See, don't say what u don't know ok, a friend of mine was posted to college of education warri,or try viewing some thread on nairaland about this matter, u would understand better, u should try researching before commenting.

Would do u lots of Good.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dirty State Of Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi Boys' Hostel / OND And NCE http://www.insourcinglimited.com/car/newforms/career_Trans_Officer.a / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.